PDA

View Full Version : Is Justine's H2H record against Svetlana the most lopsided ever?

ZeroSOFInfinity
Mar 4th, 2007, 02:53 PM
It's kind of disheartening to see that as talented Kuzzy is, she only managed to defeat Justine ONCE in... I don't know... 16 matches?

Is there any H2H which is worse than that? :help:

MH0861
Mar 4th, 2007, 02:54 PM
Graf-Tauziat. ;) 21-0 Graf, Nathalie never even won a set. :lol:

trufanjay
Mar 4th, 2007, 02:59 PM
Justine and Svetlana run into each other way too much. They have only played each other since 2003 and have played 15 matches. They played 5 times in 06. Too bad it's not a rivalry.

bandabou
Mar 4th, 2007, 03:10 PM
Serena vs Lindsay used to be pretty lopsided too..but yeah, gotta be the most lopsided h2h currently..specially as sveta's a top 10'er, top 5 player.

LoveFifteen
Mar 4th, 2007, 03:17 PM
Hingis v. ASV

18-2 :drool:

WonderfulLee
Mar 4th, 2007, 03:52 PM
how about justine vs venus...i think justine only won their first meeting? its something like 1-9. for me that big loopside also for someone like justine.

xcrtbckhnd
Mar 4th, 2007, 03:53 PM
Here's a few others just for fun....

Graf vs Zvereva - 20-1
Graf vs Fernandez - 17-0
Seles vs Fernendez - 15-1 (MJ won their first meeting in a 3rd set tiebreak, and won 4 other sets off Monica after that)
Graf vs Novotna - 30-4
Graf vs Sukova - 21-1
Seles vs Martinez - 20-1
Seles vs. Manuela Maleeva 9-0
Seles vs Katerina Maleeva 2-0
Seles vs Maggie Maleeva 4-1 (a retirement was the only loss)
Graf vs Manuela Maleeva 17-0
Graf vs Katerina Maleeva 11-0
Graf vs Maggie Maleeva 8-0
Navratilova vs Shriver 40-3

Stavie
Mar 4th, 2007, 03:54 PM
:eek:

pigam
Mar 4th, 2007, 03:56 PM
how about justine vs venus...i think justine only won their first meeting? its something like 1-9. for me that big loopside also for someone like justine.

It's 1-7.
It is lopsided, but there's still a big difference with 1-14 or 0-20 or 3-40 :eek: :bolt:

Sally Struthers
Mar 4th, 2007, 03:56 PM
;10209652']Navratilova vs Shriver 40-3
:eek:

Pam had to let Martina win all those singles so that she wouldn't dump her for doubles ;)

Apoorv
Mar 4th, 2007, 04:01 PM
As stated above, graf leads tauziat 21-0, tauziat never even forced a tie brake.

Poova
Mar 4th, 2007, 04:03 PM
Evert leads Virginia Ruzici 23-0 ;)

jazar
Mar 4th, 2007, 04:07 PM
its not suprisng. henin is a much better player than kuznetsova will ever be

Wannabeknowitall
Mar 4th, 2007, 04:11 PM
I love Graf's H2H against the Maleeva's.
It's just sick.
She just dashed the hopes of an entire family single-handily.

zvonarevarulz
Mar 4th, 2007, 04:19 PM
HIngis kournikova 11-1 out of 27 sets anna won 5

Wayn77
Mar 4th, 2007, 04:28 PM
its not suprisng. henin is a much better player than kuznetsova will ever be

Not a fan of either, but rather harsh I thought: no shame in losing to Henin, arguably the best player in the world. Let's just say it is the next major step in Sveta's development as a tennis player to step up to the plate and beat player's like Henin occasionally. No doubt her coaching staff are on the case as we speak. There were some good signs early in the first set yesterday: a tactical plan and a change in approach before she was blitzed by the Belgian. At 21 Sveta is a work in progress - whether she can bridge that gap remains to be seen, but time is still on her side.

xcrtbckhnd
Mar 4th, 2007, 06:49 PM
Sveta's only 21?!?! I guess I always forget that. She's got so much talent, she'll find a way to beat Justine some day. Shriver was 0-17 vs Evert before she got her first win. I think that Zvereva was even worse before she got her first (and only) win over Graf. Just checked, 18 straight losses to Graf before she got her first win.

RJWCapriati
Mar 4th, 2007, 07:03 PM

:eek: :eek:

John.
Mar 4th, 2007, 07:54 PM
Some of Graf's are :eek:

But Navratilova V Shriver :bolt:

lacigirl
Mar 4th, 2007, 07:57 PM

:lol: :tape:

Europe rocks
Mar 4th, 2007, 09:41 PM
Sveta-Justine is probably the most lop-sided H2H of recent times, but the Navratilova-Shriver H2H :eek:

markdelaney
Mar 4th, 2007, 10:47 PM
Graf was on the way to defeat against Tauziat just before Wimbledon '98 in the DFS classic semi final. Natalie had 2 breaks in the first set and Graf was playing crap before the rain ruined everything, leaving the tournament abandoned, with Graf, Tauziat, Likhovtseva and Basuki as joint winners!

VeeReeDavJCap81
Mar 4th, 2007, 11:08 PM
It's just sick.

:lol:

mm1147
Mar 5th, 2007, 12:31 AM
Graf vs Novotna - 30-4:sad: i really feel sorry for novotna if she just won that wimbledon final in 93 oh well past is past

Slumpsova
Mar 5th, 2007, 07:11 AM
how can H2H runs to 30-40 matches? :scared:

Shonami Slam
Mar 5th, 2007, 08:47 AM
Not a fan of either, but rather harsh I thought: no shame in losing to Henin, arguably the best player in the world. Let's just say it is the next major step in Sveta's development as a tennis player to step up to the plate and beat player's like Henin occasionally. No doubt her coaching staff are on the case as we speak. There were some good signs early in the first set yesterday: a tactical plan and a change in approach before she was blitzed by the Belgian. At 21 Sveta is a work in progress - whether she can bridge that gap remains to be seen, but time is still on her side.

thing is - that Sveta is even closer to Henin when it comes to Clay, so she is wickedly pushing the bar against Justine to preform.
It's easy to overlook her because of one certain russian leading her, but her rank just about reflects her place in the women's game right now.
she still has 3-4 years of this kind of top-tennis that usually for her comes in certain gaps of time, and in spectacular success splashes.
She's already one of the all-around succesful players on tour, it's not out of the question that she finds another win over Henin in any possible event and surface of the year.

Rosslyn
Mar 5th, 2007, 09:01 AM
The biggest reason for this kind of H2H is in Henin's fear and respect for Kuznetsova. She doesn't lose focus or concentration like she does against some other players. She respects Sveta as a hard-working tennis player, almost like herself.

Kunal
Mar 5th, 2007, 09:46 AM
i think many russians have a mental problem when it comes to playing against justine....svetlana is at the top of that list

Hardiansf
Mar 5th, 2007, 10:18 AM
Kuzzy will find a way to beat Justine one day... Hope, pray and beg...
GO KUZZY!

Tie-Break
Mar 5th, 2007, 10:42 AM
i think many russians have a mental problem when it comes to playing against justine....svetlana is at the top of that list

:rolleyes:

You've changed your tune all of a sudden? Why's that?

Surely when Justine wins it's only because there's no one else there to challenge her? :rolleyes: You know, weak field and all - isn't that similar to what you said as to why she won Dubai and Doha? :rolleyes:

mauresmofan
Mar 5th, 2007, 01:22 PM
I think physically - no question Sveta can compete and is on par with Justine but mentally Justine is miles ahead of Sveta. She is always thinking and pushing herself to do better whereas Sveta has a plan - it's not working perfectly so she abandons it and goes for her crash bang wallop routine.

Keaka
Mar 5th, 2007, 02:07 PM
No Maleeva could ever get a set against Graf or Seles :scratch: Except the retirement...

John.
Mar 5th, 2007, 02:26 PM
I think physically - no question Sveta can compete and is on par with Justine but mentally Justine is miles ahead of Sveta. She is always thinking and pushing herself to do better whereas Sveta has a plan - it's not working perfectly so she abandons it and goes for her crash bang wallop routine.

I agree with that. If Plan A fails, just start smacking everything

Tennisaddict
Mar 5th, 2007, 09:16 PM
The biggest reason for this kind of H2H is in Henin's fear and respect for Kuznetsova. She doesn't lose focus or concentration like she does against some other players. She respects Sveta as a hard-working tennis player, almost like herself.

Thatīs true Henin is always very concentrated when she plays Sveta. She knows that Sveta has the tools to beat her their games match up very well.

It might sound strange as clay is Heninīs best surface but Sveta poses the biggest threat for Justine on clay. Svetlana is a very talented player. I believe sheīs the best Russian player talentwise but she currently has a mental block against Henin. It would be nice to see her grab a big clay court title like Rome or Berlin.

FaceyFacem
Mar 5th, 2007, 09:24 PM
No Maleeva could ever get a set against Graf or Seles :scratch: Except the retirement...

and we all know which match that retirement was...

laurie
Mar 5th, 2007, 09:25 PM

Graf vs Zvereva - 20-1
Graf vs Fernandez - 17-0
Seles vs Fernendez - 15-1 (MJ won their first meeting in a 3rd set tiebreak, and won 4 other sets off Monica after that)
Graf vs Novotna - 30-4
Graf vs Sukova - 21-1
Seles vs Martinez - 20-1

Graf and Seles! Were those girls incredible or what?

Wayn77
Mar 5th, 2007, 09:29 PM

Graf vs Zvereva - 20-1
Graf vs Fernandez - 17-0
Graf vs Novotna - 30-4
Graf vs Sukova - 21-1
Seles vs Martinez - 20-1

Those Maleeva gals must have hated Graf & Seles :lol: :lol: :lol:

Navratilova v Shriver 40-3 :eek: :tape: :haha:

leviathane
Mar 5th, 2007, 09:49 PM
As stated above, graf leads tauziat 21-0, tauziat never even forced a tie brake.

:lol: for memory Nathalie was top 3 few weeks :rolleyes:
42 sets vs 0 :help:

crazillo
Mar 5th, 2007, 10:11 PM

That's not correct actually. :wavey: Bu in terms of wins you are right.

DaNieLa RoCkZ
Mar 5th, 2007, 10:14 PM

Graf vs Zvereva - 20-1
Graf vs Fernandez - 17-0
Graf vs Novotna - 30-4
Graf vs Sukova - 21-1
Seles vs Martinez - 20-1

PAMMY!! :eek: :hug: :awww:

nhissan
Mar 5th, 2007, 11:02 PM
:tape: What a shame :lol:
It's just sick.
It's not fair :help:

and we all know which match that retirement was...

no I don't know which match it was

In The Zone
Mar 5th, 2007, 11:02 PM
The Justine-Venus one is very misleading. They haven't played since 2003. And I am a big Venus fan but even I know if they ran into each other more recently the H2H would be a little different.

Demska
Mar 5th, 2007, 11:25 PM
:tape: