PDA

View Full Version : I was just thinking about the doubles tour....

calico_101
Mar 4th, 2007, 12:10 AM
They should really make each doubles pairing wear the exact same outfit as well as binding players to play for the whole year without any changes. It might make each team more memorable as well as providing a bit of continuity. As for the super tie-break......:spit:

Ben.
Mar 4th, 2007, 12:14 AM
Make each doubles pairing wearing the same outfit isn't a bad idea, but it would depend on whether a player will wear the same outfit as their partner due to sponsor committments etc.

calico_101
Mar 4th, 2007, 12:20 AM
Make each doubles pairing wearing the same outfit isn't a bad idea, but it would depend on whether a player will wear the same outfit as their partner due to sponsor committments etc.

See that's the thing......doubles is a seperate game in many respects. Maybe they could have separate contracts for doubles and singles. That makes sense really. Small things like that could make a difference. I find it so hard to get interested in doubles but if there were particular, indentifiable teams that clashed regularly in finals maybe it could be more exciting.

aussie12
Mar 4th, 2007, 12:32 AM
See that's the thing......doubles is a seperate game in many respects. Maybe they could have separate contracts for doubles and singles. That makes sense really. Small things like that could make a difference. I find it so hard to get interested in doubles but if there were particular, indentifiable teams that clashed regularly in finals maybe it could be more exciting.

i doubt nike would allow their players to wear adidas for the doubles or vice versa.

RND
Mar 4th, 2007, 01:58 AM
It's not a bad idea,but it's impossible.

vw.
Mar 4th, 2007, 02:57 AM
Same outfit won't work, due to sponsorship commitments, but same colours could work..

stefi62
Mar 4th, 2007, 09:57 AM
At the Masters, 2 out of 4 teams were wearing the same outfit, Yan and Zheng and Stubbs and Black. I thought it was nice!
But when you see that even in FedCup, the girls don't wear the same thing.... I don't believe a Nike player and a Adidas player can find an agreement!
No problem though for Cara and Liezel who are both K-Swiss!:D

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 4th, 2007, 10:11 AM
you dont want this to happen :tape:

US Open 2005
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a388/brandon888/Daniela%20Hantuchova/p_15722-5105204407.jpg

stefi62
Mar 4th, 2007, 10:47 AM
you dont want this to happen :tape:

US Open 2005
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a388/brandon888/Daniela%20Hantuchova/p_15722-5105204407.jpg

No, u're right: the doubles uniforme !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

CORIA01
Mar 4th, 2007, 01:05 PM
SAME COLORS WOULD BE NICE. In the Olympics games players must wear the same color in each team. I remember Momo changing her skirt because she was not the same as Mary Pierce!!!