PDA

View Full Version : How will serena do in Miami?

LindsayRocks89
Mar 3rd, 2007, 08:12 PM
will she be in even better shape and still have that amazing form from the australian open final or will she not play well??

discuss

The Dawntreader
Mar 3rd, 2007, 08:14 PM
If she plays at the level required, she'll win the tourny. may not happen, but if she's on form, will be so tough to beat her:D

starin
Mar 3rd, 2007, 08:24 PM
she won't have played for over a month by the time Miami rolls around so it'll be hard to predict. Prolly going to come out a rusty but hopefully in even better physical shape than she was in AO.

driger
Mar 3rd, 2007, 08:29 PM
funny how the serena fans say shes the best in the last 10 years, head shoulders above everyone else, but seem to have their doubts about how she'll do in miami. lol

Tennisaddict
Mar 3rd, 2007, 08:31 PM
funny how the serena fans say shes the best in the last 10 years, head shoulders above everyone else, but seem to have their doubts about how she'll do in miami. lol

And the obsession read:worship of princess Serena continues.
It´s okay she has that effect on people.

jazar
Mar 3rd, 2007, 08:32 PM
poorly

Venus3000
Mar 3rd, 2007, 08:36 PM
Do you know something the rest of us don't? Please share. I can't wait to hear this. :rolleyes:

poorly

Williams-forever
Mar 3rd, 2007, 08:37 PM
Uhm, Serena is not gonna be in AO final form right from the start, but she will improve round by round again:cool:

maximus82
Mar 3rd, 2007, 08:38 PM
Well, who knows what shape she will be in...but her record here is kinda sick- She won the title three times in a row, only to have her streak broken by her sister last year.

If the AO had turned out differently, I'd have my doubts...but given her performance there, you almost have to expect that she will at least be in the semis or finals.

PatrickRyan
Mar 3rd, 2007, 08:41 PM
poorly

Just like you said in Australia. :rolleyes: :lol:

disco_rage
Mar 3rd, 2007, 08:59 PM
Who knows! Will she play??? Lol.

Seriously i reckon she's gonna do very, very well.

grogom31
Mar 3rd, 2007, 09:01 PM
if she meets venus before the final , i think her run will stop besides it's all the way.

Poova
Mar 3rd, 2007, 09:06 PM
She's so unpredictable I'm not sure. I'll say QF or better.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Mar 3rd, 2007, 09:11 PM
I think it depends on her draw, because most likely she'll start off scratchy in the early rounds and get better as the tourney goes on. So hopefully she'll be able to play her way into form and not face a difficult and/or inspired opponent early on.

MH0861
Mar 3rd, 2007, 09:14 PM
She'll work her way into the tournament, I think. I don't think she'll be in Hobart form when she gets there, but I don't think she'll be in AO Final form, either. She'll have a few close-ish matches but go deep.

jellybelly
Mar 3rd, 2007, 09:19 PM
comeon! She just won the biggest tournament of the year. She will devastate all comers. KEEP THE FAITH

TaxPower
Mar 3rd, 2007, 09:20 PM
when she plays good, I think that noboody can beat her. I think she is in confidence so she could win

DennisPostedThis
Mar 3rd, 2007, 09:45 PM
I think she'll beat all the players we expect her too. I think she'll have problems with middle-seeded players, anyone from Kuznetsova-Peer, where I don't think her intensity isn't as superior from the beginning. In finals or against the top 3 I think she brings her intensity in the begining. That's why she played so well against Maria because she had a lot of pressure and a lot coming into that match , where against Peer her focus wasn't really there until the very end.

:inlove:
Mar 3rd, 2007, 09:48 PM
She'll win it of course. :D

Mina Vagante
Mar 3rd, 2007, 10:40 PM
win :)

égalité
Mar 3rd, 2007, 10:45 PM
If she plays she'll probably do well :unsure:

cellophane
Mar 3rd, 2007, 10:48 PM
Let me look in my crystal ball...

KYLIE
Mar 3rd, 2007, 10:51 PM
At least the Semis...i can see her losing to Venus or Justine. But those are the only ones, and thats only if she plays her best, of course.

Im not stupid, serena is better than everyone else, people need to understand that, you may not like her, i dont really, but YOU WILL RESPECT HER! (or she will kill you)

DOUBLEFIST
Mar 3rd, 2007, 11:38 PM
I think she'll beat all the players we expect her too. I think she'll have problems with middle-seeded players, anyone from Kuznetsova-Peer, where I don't think her intensity isn't as superior from the beginning. In finals or against the top 3 I think she brings her intensity in the begining. That's why she played so well against Maria because she had a lot of pressure and a lot coming into that match , where against Peer her focus wasn't really there until the very end.

That's a great point. Against Jankovic, everyone was surprised by how soundly she beat the "hottest player on tour." I think Serena knew how tough an opponent Jankovic was, so the concentration was there early.

It really all gets down to Serena. Has she been preparing well? Is she willing to be intense from the beginning of every match? We KNOW she's confident. So, if the answer to those two questions is "yes," then I think it's her's for the taking.

davidmario
Mar 3rd, 2007, 11:51 PM
Sisters act again:armed:

disremembrance
Mar 3rd, 2007, 11:57 PM
The only people i see troubling her would be Justine, Venus or maybe Jelena Jankovic depending on her ankle.

supergrunt
Mar 3rd, 2007, 11:57 PM
I am not trying to be a hater but.. will she even play? :rolleyes:

soomaal
Mar 4th, 2007, 12:41 AM
if she meets venus before the final , i think her run will stop besides it's all the way.

I agree, this tournament has Venus written all over it like the next three slams;)

firstseed89
Mar 4th, 2007, 12:49 AM
I think Venus will win this title before Serena does. Venus seems more prepared and I think she is due it. Serena might get far but I wouldnt be surprised to see her lose to an unkown or a journeywoman.

Stamp Paid
Mar 4th, 2007, 01:02 AM
Itll all depend on her draw.
Hopefully she can stay away from Venus before the final.

TSequoia01
Mar 4th, 2007, 01:44 AM
Itll all depend on her draw.
Hopefully she can stay away from Venus before the final.

My thoughts exactly.

Shvedbarilescu
Mar 4th, 2007, 02:23 AM
I doubt she has practiced much since the Australian and that will undoubtable show at the start of the tournament. However what Serena showed at the Australian is that once she is in a tournament she gets better match by match. Therefore I would have to conclude that she is likely to lose early if she gets a tough draw and faces a player who is good enough and fearless enough to take advantage of her lack of early form but alternatively is she survives these early rounds she will become increasingly hard to beat and should she still be in the tournament by the later stages she will certainly be the strong favorite to win it all.

nsquare
Mar 4th, 2007, 04:57 AM
I think even a 50% fit serena can defeat anyone other than venus and juju.so serena will easily make it to the semis.But i think it will be difficult for her to win this one.Well....we dont know how much she has practised recently so we cant be sure.If she is fit and well,she CAN win it.

Lulu.
Mar 4th, 2007, 05:40 AM
Rena always plays well in Miami hopefully she has been training some

darrinbaker00
Mar 4th, 2007, 05:53 AM
Rena always plays well in Miami hopefully she has been training some
Hopefully she has been training some? Please tell me you're joking.

Lulu.
Mar 4th, 2007, 06:06 AM
Hopefully she has been training some? Please tell me you're joking.

I meant to say Practicing.

darrinbaker00
Mar 4th, 2007, 06:08 AM
I meant to say Practicing.
Why wouldn't she be?

Tennisation
Mar 4th, 2007, 06:38 AM
if she's goin to show up at all:tape:

Kunal
Mar 4th, 2007, 07:32 AM

its not just the serena fans that say that first of all.

and if you are not able to comprehend the fact that the best player of the decade might not be a certainty to win the miami event; then u really lack a sense of understanding of the game of tennis.

Craigy
Mar 4th, 2007, 10:03 AM
BLAH LOOK AT ME HATER! WOOOOW

:)

Craigy
Mar 4th, 2007, 10:04 AM
if she's goin to show up at all:tape:

:weirdo: She has no reason not to show up. She's out and about again...So she will be there :)

Dino?Dino.Dino!
Mar 4th, 2007, 10:04 AM
I was just talking about this to a friend yesterday. I have a feeling either Serena or Venus will win. I personally hope Serena takes the title.