PDA

View Full Version : Anna Lena has pulled out of Indian Wells, Miami and Amelia Island.

CrossCourt~Rally
Mar 3rd, 2007, 02:54 PM
Honestly, i am happy that she has pulled out of all 3. I am a big fan of hers, however...i think she should take this time off to get back into shape and work on her game. Then come back strong for the clay season. :D :bounce:

xin_hui
Mar 3rd, 2007, 02:57 PM
good. get yourself sorted out during this break, ALG :hug:

Jogi
Mar 3rd, 2007, 02:57 PM
I'm glad too, because that was not the way this should've continued...
get fit Anna-Lena and come back strong :)
free-fall in the rankings...

~Carsten~
Mar 3rd, 2007, 02:58 PM
well I hope it too! :)

LefandePatty
Mar 3rd, 2007, 02:58 PM
Wise decision. :hug:

MyskinaManiac
Mar 3rd, 2007, 03:01 PM
She'll need the fitness going in to the claycourt season. It just puzzles me how an athlete like her could pack on the weight... honestly... I think she needs to stop eating and hit the gym big time! Good luck ALG... I think you can get back to where you were.

Highlandman
Mar 3rd, 2007, 03:02 PM
Good decision, but her ranking :unsure: - out of top-30 so for sure, or?

MH0861
Mar 3rd, 2007, 03:03 PM
She'll need the fitness going in to the claycourt season. It just puzzles me how an athlete like her could pack on the weight... honestly... I think she needs to stop eating and hit the gym big time! Good luck ALG... I think you can get back to where you were.

Wertheim said she's going through personal problems though. :sad: I'm sure it's much more complicated than her just sitting around and eating.

Jogi
Mar 3rd, 2007, 03:05 PM
Good decision, but her ranking :unsure: - out of top-30 so for sure, or?

out of top-50 for sure
'06:
IW - QF
Miami - 3rd round
AI - QF
Charleston: SF

xin_hui
Mar 3rd, 2007, 03:12 PM

i dont know what exactly is going on with ALG, but i hope you do realise not all weight gains are just to do with sitting around eating and getting fat. it could be due to many other reasons.

mr_burns
Mar 3rd, 2007, 03:13 PM
and after Rg out of Top 100?

Ballbasher
Mar 3rd, 2007, 03:14 PM
I think so :confused:

A-N-N-I
Mar 3rd, 2007, 03:23 PM
Great decision anna-lena

baleineau
Mar 3rd, 2007, 03:28 PM
i hope she'll quit with the cookies for a while. this is a good move.

matthias
Mar 3rd, 2007, 03:29 PM
finally a smart move from her :)

:inlove:
Mar 3rd, 2007, 03:33 PM
Wise decision from ALG. :worship: Needs to get herself sorted out and play some lowier tier tournaments.

Poova
Mar 3rd, 2007, 03:36 PM
I just worked out her ranking after RG and (unless I made a mistake) she'll freefall to about #119 if everyone's point totals stayed the same as they are right now :sad:

Hopefully this break will do her some good :drool:

.Andrew.
Mar 3rd, 2007, 03:41 PM
Smart move, Anna-Lena :hug:

Hopefully, she can sort out all of her problems. Take a nice mental break, Anna-Lena :hug:

Demska
Mar 3rd, 2007, 03:47 PM
Wise decision Anna.

Hope you get back into shape.

Lapin
Mar 3rd, 2007, 03:50 PM
Good luck Anna-Lena :hug:

thenj
Mar 3rd, 2007, 03:53 PM
poor AL , hope she gets back into shape

Wannabeknowitall
Mar 3rd, 2007, 04:21 PM
out of top-50 for sure
'06:
IW - QF
Miami - 3rd round
AI - QF
Charleston: SF

I don't like the idea.
Serena lost weight playing during the two weeks of the Australian Open while having Yetunde on her mind.
She's missing three Tier Is.
I at least think she should play doubles.

shrOOf
Mar 3rd, 2007, 04:25 PM
good decision

PLP
Mar 3rd, 2007, 05:13 PM
Very hard decision ALG, but the right one indeed!

I was wondering if there was actually a hormone problem because to me she doesn't really look fat, just puffy, especially in the face.

The important thing is that she takes the time to figure it out now. She is still young and has the talent to win titles, she shouldn't be losing in the 1st rd!

disco_rage
Mar 3rd, 2007, 05:15 PM
Makes sense.

UncleZeke
Mar 3rd, 2007, 05:26 PM
hope she gets all her problems worked out and is able to come back, physically and mentally ready to have fun and do her best.

Frode
Mar 3rd, 2007, 06:35 PM
Smart. I hope she sorts it out:)

stefi62
Mar 3rd, 2007, 06:40 PM
About 6 months too late, but it's better late than never!:rolleyes:
Good luck Anna Lena:) , that was so sad to see her without being able to fight!

Come back in a few months fit and ready to fight! :bounce:

soccerjock
Mar 3rd, 2007, 06:44 PM
Hope she gets back in shape.

-sugi-
Mar 3rd, 2007, 07:29 PM
I am not a fan, but I hated seeing her like that and am very happy with her decisions.

Keep travelling and losing in the first round with her rank would be quite demoralising.

Bruno71
Mar 3rd, 2007, 08:15 PM
I guess her ranking will finally catch up with her play now, but that just goes to show you what a nice little run she had between Acapulco and Eastbourne last year. She obviously can play better than she has since then...and will likely come back to a more competitive level in the Euro clay court season.

Garvic
Mar 3rd, 2007, 08:17 PM
Who cares about the ranking, i a sure she jsy wants to play well again. if that all happenss she will be on the rise again

jazar
Mar 3rd, 2007, 08:25 PM
well thats saves her the ignomity of 3 more first round losses

Williams-forever
Mar 3rd, 2007, 08:35 PM
Wise decision

crazillo
Mar 3rd, 2007, 08:36 PM
Anna-Lena made her first good decision in a long, long time. Rankings is not a primary goal as like two years ago for her anymore, her game is more essential. She will be back, I am so sure about that. She has shown great matches in the past and I am sure one day she will have teh chance to reach the top-10 again.

I just don't like the imagination of Martina Muller being Germany's No.1. Barbara Rittner gave good advices to aLG in their meeting obviously.

KBdoubleu
Mar 3rd, 2007, 08:53 PM
I'm impressed by this decision...she needs to get her fitness together