PDA

View Full Version : Hingis `s apperance fees

Ford
Mar 2nd, 2007, 09:34 PM
Somebody said that Hingis got a lot $$$$$ apperance fees i Dubai. How much was that really , more than her price at QF.
I am new so I do not any thing

Rosslyn
Mar 2nd, 2007, 09:37 PM
75.000 $

Tenis Srbija
Mar 2nd, 2007, 09:38 PM
I don't think she got any money... :shrug:
She ain't that interesting anymore (sorry all Hingie fans...)

Helen Lawson
Mar 2nd, 2007, 09:38 PM
The appearance fees are rumored to be around $500,000 in Dubia for the ladies, and obviously she's going to be on the high-end. I think the first year of these tournaments, when she played and won them both, the rumor was a million or more.

I don't think it's anything to be ashamed of. If I was a tournament director, I'd pay her all I could afford. She's popular everywhere, she'll actually show up, and she rarely loses early.

suffer well
Mar 2nd, 2007, 09:39 PM
Somebody said that Hingis got a lot $$$$$ apperance fees i Dubai. How much was that really , more than her price at QF.

Don't fret....there's quite a lot on here who don't know anything....

Hingis was paid $250,000....

jazar
Mar 2nd, 2007, 09:39 PM
lets be honest all the top players got an absolute shit load to play dubai. the organisers have more money then sense

Ryan
Mar 2nd, 2007, 09:43 PM
I don't think she got any money... :shrug:
She ain't that interesting anymore (sorry all Hingie fans...)

You're just bitter that she gets more appearance fees than Jankovic. That means the WTA cares less about Jankovic than the un-interesting Hingis. :)

suffer well
Mar 2nd, 2007, 09:49 PM
You're just bitter that she gets more appearance fees than Jankovic. That means the WTA cares less about Jankovic than the un-interesting Hingis. :)

The WTA pays appearance fees....?

Ryan
Mar 2nd, 2007, 09:51 PM
The WTA pays appearance fees....?

Ok, then the tournaments care more about having Hingis than Jankovic. You could check the Gold Exempt list etc. and see that the WTA has the same feeling.

suffer well
Mar 2nd, 2007, 09:53 PM
Ok, then the tournaments care more about having Hingis than Jankovic. You could check the Gold Exempt list etc. and see that the WTA has the same feeling.

Yeah it’s obvious Hingis puts bums on seats (NO this is not a pun about her fans ;))....

kittyking
Mar 2nd, 2007, 09:57 PM
First off - The WTA does not pay appearance fees, its organisers who pay players appearance fees

Second - Martina Hingis is very popular worldwide, definately one of the top 5 most marketable female tennis players

Buitenzorg
Mar 2nd, 2007, 10:20 PM
First off - The WTA does not pay appearance fees, its organisers who pay players appearance fees

Second - Martina Hingis is very popular worldwide, definately one of the top 5 most marketable female tennis players

Hingis :bounce:

Buitenzorg
Mar 2nd, 2007, 10:21 PM
Do you know how much did HENIN gets for the appearance fee?

suffer well
Mar 2nd, 2007, 10:22 PM
Do you know how much did HENIN gets for the appearance fee?

$10,000 and....200 camels....

Buitenzorg
Mar 2nd, 2007, 10:24 PM

:lol: :tape: I am sure after 4 titles, she will get around $2M :p :rolleyes:

suffer well
Mar 2nd, 2007, 10:30 PM

I meant these camels....http://toykingdom.phatgod.com/images/011004-002-CAMEL-CIGARETTES.JPG

As part of the duty free arrangement....

QUEENLINDSAY
Mar 2nd, 2007, 10:50 PM

2 Million Camels?:lol:

Frode
Mar 2nd, 2007, 11:01 PM

Og velkommen skal du være:bounce:

What I want to know is how much they paid Mauresmo to play Dubai after Sharapova and S. Williams pulled out?

Tie-Break
Mar 2nd, 2007, 11:14 PM

Now I know why she had the hump on court today :D

Tennisation
Mar 2nd, 2007, 11:16 PM
$10,000 and....200 camels....$10,000 for Henin? that's a bit much:tape:

frontier
Mar 3rd, 2007, 01:04 AM
$10,000 and....200 camels....you are funny:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PLP
Mar 3rd, 2007, 01:23 AM

:lol:

I want 200 camels!

PLP
Mar 3rd, 2007, 01:24 AM
I meant these camels....http://toykingdom.phatgod.com/images/011004-002-CAMEL-CIGARETTES.JPG

As part of the duty free arrangement....

Oh...;)

lecciones
Mar 3rd, 2007, 01:42 AM
lets be honest all the top players got an absolute shit load to play dubai. the organisers have more money then sense

True.

Martina was rumored to be even ontop of Mauresmo and Sharapova last year.

Hahahaha, I bet the 2 million quoted is a little too high, maybe 500,00 is enough thats already about half a grandslam.

martinahfan
Mar 3rd, 2007, 09:09 AM
hello

Article by Jürg Vogel NZZ am Sonntag(Sunday paper of the “Neue Zürcher Zeitung”) January 14, 2007

The tournament directors love Hingis.

The Swiss is much in demand on the tour and gets also privileges.

Ahead of the Australian Open, Martina Hingis did not win any title at the tournaments of Gold Coast and Sydney. Nevertheless she got already a prestige success for 2007. In a vote by the tournament director for the Marquee Value she got the most points from the three parts(Europe, America, Rest of the World). This means, that the she is highly regarded: all WTA Tournaments want to have Hingis at their draws.

The first on the Gold Exempt List are Mauresmo, Sharapova and Henin. In the second group Hingis leads as no. 4 before Kuznetsova and Dementieva. Martina is 3 positions better than her ranking. On the quiet there are rumours that Martina got enough points to take over the lead together with Sharapova.

This has a lot to do with the politics in women tennis. First there are the agencies, whichs have rights at tournaments and players. Mauresmo,.Hingis and Dementieva have contracts with the US Octagon, Sharapova with IMG. The agents direct there clients to events where they get most dollars. Besides, the Exempt-Players have also duties. They have to play in the mininum twelve tier I or tier II tournaments. For each half year, Martina can be forced by the WTA Tour to participate at two tournaments. Good conduct will be rewarded at the end of the year with a cheque from the 4 millions dollars pool.