PDA

View Full Version : jelena has best backhand in the world and she showed that against henin today

Marjan
Mar 2nd, 2007, 06:14 PM
She amazes me ,playing against one of the best player in the world on one leg is truly incredible ,i m wordless for her performance,i thought that she doesnt have power but today i saw real jelena she outpowered henin ,and if she didnt have problems with anckle she would win for sure.

Jelena weapons > one of top 3 returns in world,no 1 backhand in world,movement top 3 also,ability to change direction top 3 ,and no weakness at all i dont see it and all what is most important she thinks when she playes.
:worship: :worship: :worship:

Like Amelie said she deserves top 5 in the world i couldnt agree more .:)

ZeroSOFInfinity
Mar 2nd, 2007, 06:16 PM
Are you on crack?

Nemo_Kool
Mar 2nd, 2007, 06:20 PM
I disagree, i think she is a brilliant player who is finally realising her potential however there are stronger players in the field. You cannot suggest simply because Jankovic was injured that she is better than Henin as it was not Henin's grand slam performances at all. It was a topsy turvy match with brilliance one moment and utter rubbish the next, i think 7 consecutive breaks of serve illustrates this point.

frontier
Mar 2nd, 2007, 06:30 PM
with all her brilliance how come she doesnt win titles not necessarily gs.until she matures she will continue to play mindlessly.She could be nursing a serious injury that can derail her somewhat. She should hire a sports psychologist to help her enter a tourney and win the whole thing.

vutt
Mar 2nd, 2007, 06:31 PM
I also disagree about best backhand in the world part.

timafi
Mar 2nd, 2007, 06:31 PM
Are you on crack?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mina Vagante
Mar 2nd, 2007, 06:32 PM
er, her backhand is NOT the best in the world

Tenis Srbija
Mar 2nd, 2007, 06:33 PM
She has one of the best BH in the world! Justine said that before theirs match at "US Open" :) Who ever claims different is on crack :p

And to poster who said that Jelena will with age start to play mindlessly - :spit: What a heck??? Have you ever seen her play... :rolleyes:

Dexter
Mar 2nd, 2007, 06:34 PM
Justine has the best BH in the world and she showed that against Janković today. :cool:

miffedmax
Mar 2nd, 2007, 06:35 PM
Right now--and this is both a good thing and a bad thing--JJ is starting to remind me of a particular player of whom I am very fond.

The pros:

Gutsy
Resilient
good groundstrokes
nice sense of humor

The cons:

Streaky
not good at adapting tactics on the fly
stubborn
mentally suspect in GS

Of course, at least JJ can serve.

Tenis Srbija
Mar 2nd, 2007, 06:36 PM
Justine has the best BH in the world and she showed that against Janković today. :cool:

How can you compare double-handed BH with one-handed :shrug:

JuJu has the best one-handed, and Janković ONE of the best double-handed... :)

One is sure, JJ's BH down the line is the best in the world :worship:

LH2HBH
Mar 2nd, 2007, 06:37 PM
I Love Jelena Jankovic! Don't know about the best backhand but I am definitely a fan and am going to enjoy watching her clean up in the next few years!

There's at least one slam coming I am sure of it!

MasterFreak
Mar 2nd, 2007, 06:38 PM
I love her Backhand ...

Volcana
Mar 2nd, 2007, 06:39 PM
The best backhand in the world!?!?!

You be illin'.

Mr. Magassi
Mar 2nd, 2007, 06:41 PM
jelena certainly has one of the best down-the-line shots i have seen lately (esp. on the backhand side)... she needs more consistency... but when she's on, she's very fun to watch...

Russianboy
The best backhand? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wayn77
The best backhand in the world belongs to .... Justine Henin

Rosslyn
She amazes me ,playing against one of the best player in the world on one leg is truly incredible ,i m wordless for her performance,i thought that she doesnt have power but today i saw real jelena she outpowered henin ,and if she didnt have problems with anckle she would win for sure.

Jelena weapons > one of top 3 returns in world,no 1 backhand in world,movement top 3 also,ability to change direction top 3 ,and no weakness at all i dont see it and all what is most important she thinks when she playes.

And, yet, she is barely in top 10

Tenis Srbija
Mar 2nd, 2007, 06:43 PM
Currently barely in top 10, cuz she still has "points free" period until Rome ;)

By then she will be solid top 5 :angel:

Mightymirza
Mar 2nd, 2007, 06:48 PM

true...

frontier
Mar 2nd, 2007, 06:49 PM
i hope she is not like Alicia Molik who peaked at 24yrs and disappeared.i think jelena is at the peak of her career,most players peak at 20yrs-22yrs.i hope she will maintain the intensity.

Apoleb
Mar 2nd, 2007, 06:51 PM
She has ONE of the best backhands in the world, and it's up there with the very best. It's one of the most beautiful shots in women's tennis, and normally I'm not a fan of double handed bakchands. I reognized how good it is the first time I saw her against Venus in Wimbledon. It's such a fluent shot with such great timing, especially down the line. She can make something of it almost anywhere from the court.

ce
Mar 2nd, 2007, 06:52 PM
jelena does have very good backhand

RenaSlam.
Mar 2nd, 2007, 06:54 PM
:tape:

That's a knee-slapper.

Rosslyn
Mar 2nd, 2007, 06:55 PM
Currently barely in top 10, cuz she still has "points free" period until Rome ;)

By then she will be solid top 5 :angel:

Please, with 2 tournament wins in whole career - Tier V and Tier IV this year.

Come on, let she first win something, who cares abourt ranking.

BTW, when she's mentally unstable she is a total disaster: lost 10 straight matches last season. Right now she's just interesting player with nothing to show in her resume

SloKid
Mar 2nd, 2007, 06:56 PM
How can you compare double-handed BH with one-handed :shrug:

JuJu has the best one-handed, and Janković ONE of the best double-handed... :)

One is sure, JJ's BH down the line is the best in the world :worship:
Well does the thread starter differentiate between the two? It's still a backhand and Justine's better.

And everyone talking about how Jankovic was playing on one leg should give it a rest, for a set and a half she was running balls down without any problems, only then she maybe showed some signs, but I wouldn't be surprised if even then she overdid it a bit, never shy of drama.

Volcana
Mar 2nd, 2007, 07:01 PM
Currently barely in top 10, cuz she still has "points free" period until Rome ;)What a nice way of pointing out she had a streaklast year only Kournikova could equal. She lost in the first round of TPP, Dubai, Doha, Indian Wells, Miami, Amelia Island, Charleston, Warsaw and Berlin.

And to make the top five, as things stand now, she'll need to make up 870 points. She plays every week, so it's possible. But she averages only 57 points per tournament. Clijsters, the current #4, averages 175.

frontier
Mar 2nd, 2007, 07:02 PM

BTW, when she's mentally unstable she is a total disaster: lost 10 straight matches last season. Right now she's just interesting player with nothing to show in her resumeyou are right,this broad's hype is worse than pova's,at least pova wins.Until she wins a title like tier 3 or tier 2 or 1 my respect for her will always be limited.

Sefo
Mar 2nd, 2007, 07:03 PM
No, it's Henin's, even if she didn't show it today.

asiandude
Mar 2nd, 2007, 07:05 PM
Best serve, best backhand etc. - we need result.

Mightymirza
Mar 2nd, 2007, 07:11 PM

BTW, when she's mentally unstable she is a total disaster: lost 10 straight matches last season. Right now she's just interesting player with nothing to show in her resume

she has a SF :shrug: and few veryy god final runs

frontier
Mar 2nd, 2007, 07:15 PM
that would be a travesty if she gets to no5 with her 2 tier 5 titles.

pcrtennis
Mar 2nd, 2007, 07:34 PM
Venus' backahnd is FFFFAAAAAARRRRRRR superior. Venus has the best backhand in the game.

hingisGOAT
Mar 2nd, 2007, 07:35 PM
Venus' backahnd is FFFFAAAAAARRRRRRR superior. Venus has the best backhand in the game.

:haha:

Tenis Srbija
Mar 2nd, 2007, 07:35 PM

And only this year she won one title, played tier II final, and has now two tier II semis... :rolleyes:

She was mentally unstable... When was the last time she lost to some player like Vakulenko, Bartoli...???

What, are you trying to say she won enter top 5 before RG :lol:

Tenis Srbija
Mar 2nd, 2007, 07:39 PM
What a nice way of pointing out she had a streaklast year only Kournikova could equal. She lost in the first round of TPP, Dubai, Doha, Indian Wells, Miami, Amelia Island, Charleston, Warsaw and Berlin.

And to make the top five, as things stand now, she'll need to make up 870 points. She plays every week, so it's possible. But she averages only 57 points per tournament. Clijsters, the current #4, averages 175.

Look at this year mate ;) On every tournament she earned more than 100 points :wavey:

Aaron.
Mar 2nd, 2007, 07:41 PM
Venus has the best backhand.

schorsch
Mar 2nd, 2007, 07:42 PM
you know even if she doesnt make the top 5 that soon i guess if she stays injury free from now on and has a steady run like in the past few months she'll be a steady topten player and thats a real achievement. the big titles will come in time. she's changed a lot and i do believe she would have kicked juju's ass today if it werent for the ankle. other than that she's a true enrichment to the tour. she's unique and funny to watch. justine always looks like she's got a gun pointed at her on every point no matter what the score.

having said that jelena has got such great groundstrokes. her backhand is beautiful to watch and dont forget that down the line shots are pretty difficult to hit and she does it frequently hitting it at each side moving her opponent around.

Aaron.
Mar 2nd, 2007, 07:42 PM
:haha: Hingis's is better ? :haha:

Rosslyn
Mar 2nd, 2007, 07:44 PM
And only this year she won one title, played tier II final, and has now two tier II semis... :rolleyes:

She was mentally unstable... When was the last time she lost to some player like Vakulenko, Bartoli...???

What, are you trying to say she won enter top 5 before RG :lol:

She can be number 1, for all I care. Until she wins some tier I or tier II tourney, she doesn't deserve top 5 not even top 10

UDACHi
Mar 2nd, 2007, 07:44 PM
it's right near the top of the list, but it isn't the best.

schorsch
Mar 2nd, 2007, 07:45 PM
bah, reaching the semis of the us open is nothing huh? that equals a tier 2 title having beat dementieva, kutsnezova and vaidisova there... TOUGH OPPONENTS !

Tenis Srbija
Mar 2nd, 2007, 07:45 PM
Dementieva was so long in top ten without Tier I title, Nadia was also in top ten and she didn't have a title at all... So they didn't deserve theirs spot in top ten as well :rolleyes:

schorsch
Mar 2nd, 2007, 07:49 PM
hmm, yap elena won her first tier 1 in tokyo last year...

Rosslyn
Mar 2nd, 2007, 07:50 PM
Dementieva was so long in top ten without Tier I title, Nadia was also in top ten and she didn't have a title at all... So they didn't deserve theirs spot in top ten as well :rolleyes:

Why are you so obsessed with ranking ? If she can win 3-4 titles this year that would be greater achievement than top 5 with 1 tier IV win

hingisGOAT
Mar 2nd, 2007, 07:51 PM
Hingis's is better ? :haha:

much better :)

Aaron.
Mar 2nd, 2007, 07:55 PM
much better :) Wishful thinking :lol:

hingisGOAT
Mar 2nd, 2007, 07:56 PM
Wishful thinking :lol:

...backed by statistics, experts, and popular opinion :wavey:

Just Do It
Mar 2nd, 2007, 07:58 PM

Amen :angel:

ViennaCalling
Mar 2nd, 2007, 08:00 PM
Jelenas BH is great :hearts:

Shut up haters! http://www.my-smileys.de/smileys3/00000025annie.gif

jazar
Mar 2nd, 2007, 08:02 PM
jelena has an awesome backhand. it is technically sound, very smooth and can generate a lot of power. if she had a good slice to vary it some more then it would be the best

V-MAC
Mar 2nd, 2007, 08:08 PM
Jelena :worship: Her backhand is indeed delicious. Just a shame to see her looking and playing so subdued today when she is usually so fiesty. I know her ankle had a lot to do with it but still :( Hope she takes a few weeks off and comes back fighting strong for the clay season :bounce:

Helen Lawson
Mar 2nd, 2007, 08:26 PM
How good could it have been? She lost.

Tenis Srbija
Mar 2nd, 2007, 08:26 PM
Shut up haters! http://www.my-smileys.de/smileys3/00000025annie.gif

aod2k9
Mar 2nd, 2007, 08:29 PM
I would definately put Serena, Venus, Hingis, Davenport, and even Dementieva's backhands ahead of Jankovic.

Your threads are pointless.

Kampi
Mar 2nd, 2007, 08:39 PM
I believe we will see in the very near future how far JJ can go. For me she has a great potential. When she becomes more and more experienced in playing big matches and stay healthy than her time will come, I strongly believe that. For me she already has TOP 5 quality. Only a little more experience, health, confidence and a little wiser kind of season-planning :rolleyes: could lead her to glory soon. And another big point is, she is a character! Pretty hard to find these days. In my oppinion the WTA has a slight problem with that. Not such a big one as the ATP-Tour but there is one. For me it doesn't only matters how good her backhand is and btw she has a good one...(deep breath)...no, it matters what you feel when you see somebody play. Speaking of my feelings about JJ: joy, emotions, excitement, passion, suffering and sometimes drama.
But that's what I like and need...in the end nothing more like an image of life. Puh, I have to stop it now, because the philosopher in me takes control.:lol:

Lulu.
Mar 2nd, 2007, 08:45 PM
The best? No...

¤CharlDa¤
Mar 2nd, 2007, 08:48 PM
She does have one of the best backhands in the world. I remember seeing her in 2005 against Na Li in Toronto, and it just amazed me at how unbelievable it was. The way she transfers her weight, bends her needs in open stance is quite sthing. Her down-the-line backhand is indeed superb. I think she does have one of the best 3 backhands on tour right now.

MagicMilan
Mar 2nd, 2007, 09:01 PM
She has one of the best backhands but I wouldn't call any bh the best. IMO JJ, Justine and Venus have fantastic bhs, with Serena, Amelie and Lindsay just behind. And speaking of her ranking, it just proves how much she's improving. Winning more than 100 points in each of the 6 tournaments she played is proving that she isn't streaky, but has become a very solid top 10 player.

MagicMilan
Mar 2nd, 2007, 09:08 PM
Also the thing that most amazed me about JJ's match today is that, allthough she couldn't use hawkeye, she didn't make fuss about any supposedly wrong call. Let's hope this shows that she has matured and she won't let her mentality become an obstacle in some way more important matches :yeah:

trufanjay
Mar 2nd, 2007, 09:14 PM
The best backhand in the world?

Uh.........No!!! :lol:

Uranus
Mar 2nd, 2007, 09:32 PM
Justine has the best one-handed backhand on the tour (and probably the most efficient one, double-handed backhands counted).

I don't know if Jelena has the best double-handed backhand on the tour but I can't really find anyone who does better than her with this shot.
At least she has the best double-handed backhand down the line by far :drool:

Jelena is an amazing player, fighter, very entertaining to watch, even today with all this wind. WTA needs characters, diva-like girls like Jelena. I hope she reaches top 5 and even higher. We know she has the game to challenge any of the top players, she still has a lot of mental work to do to win bigger tournaments, see GSs (even if the essential part has been done last year :) ).
C'mon Jelo!!! :rocker2:

ivanban
Mar 2nd, 2007, 10:10 PM
What a nice way of pointing out she had a streaklast year only Kournikova could equal. She lost in the first round of TPP, Dubai, Doha, Indian Wells, Miami, Amelia Island, Charleston, Warsaw and Berlin.

Well, if my memory is good, Jelena has in this year 115 points for title on Oakland, 190 from Sydney (runner up), 140 from Melbourn (last 16, lost to eventual champion Serena Williams), 110 from Tokyo, 140 from Dubai (1/2 final), and now 125 points from Doha. So that is average of 136,6 points!!! Not bad considering that last two results could be even better if she was fully fit. So don't be so negative about her and give her some credit.

austennis
Mar 2nd, 2007, 10:14 PM
Jelena is certainly one of the best in the world.. but i dont know why ppl always have 2 make some1 the best at this or that.. everyone has there days so is too hard 2 say whos the best..

winone23
Mar 2nd, 2007, 10:23 PM

:confused: :confused: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: How pathetic are you waiting for a Venus response in a Jelena thread. What a sick pathetic creature you are.:help: :help: :help:

Tennisation
Mar 2nd, 2007, 10:28 PM
when I read the tittle, I thought Jelena beat Henin:haha:

V-MAC
Mar 2nd, 2007, 10:55 PM
Also the thing that most amazed me about JJ's match today is that, allthough she couldn't use hawkeye, she didn't make fuss about any supposedly wrong call. Let's hope this shows that she has matured and she won't let her mentality become an obstacle in some way more important matches :yeah:

;) I think that had to do more with her ankle than anything. The fact that Jelena wasn't showing her fiesty side today underlines that - she appeared to have a defeated attitude the whole match coz of that ankle :sad:

KYLIE
Mar 2nd, 2007, 10:58 PM
Jelena has a fabuloyus game- deff top 10 atm...but top 5 i have to say she will need to play tougher in thee "big points"

ive seen her do it, she justs needs to do it more often!

Otherwise she is top 5 for sure. Esp with all the top girls injured or retired!

Orion
Mar 2nd, 2007, 11:22 PM
I Love Jelena Jankovic! Don't know about the best backhand but I am definitely a fan and am going to enjoy watching her clean up in the next few years!

I definitely agree. It's not the best two handed backhand, but it's getting there. SHe steps into the court well, but Serena is definitely the best at taking the ball early and dominating with that backhand.

frontier
Mar 2nd, 2007, 11:27 PM
to be a true diva you have to back it up with titles.the true diva draws attention to herself no matter the circumstances.The true diva supreme of the wta is serena,each tournament shes playing she becomes the centre of attention,look what happened at the australian open,nobody paid attention to the other girls.The focus was serena,even the atp could not compete with her during aussie open.Thats a diva,she commands attention.
this girl is probably big in serbia and in places where serbian immigrants are like australia and new zealand.
there is a difference of two yrs with justine,with serena 3yrs.justine at the age of 22yrs had achieved a lot,they are percieved to be older because they have been in the limelight for a long time.
I was in quebec when she was playing and i was not impressed by her histrionics.:lol: :lol:

treufreund
Mar 2nd, 2007, 11:30 PM
Well, if my memory is good, Jelena has in this year 115 points for title on Oakland, 190 from Sydney (runner up), 140 from Melbourn (last 16, lost to eventual champion Serena Williams), 110 from Tokyo, 140 from Dubai (1/2 final), and now 125 points from Doha. So that is average of 136,6 points!!! Not bad considering that last two results could be even better if she was fully fit. So don't be so negative about her and give her some credit.

If you are not praising a Williams sister then you have no right to post.;);):lol:

Babolatpro880
Mar 2nd, 2007, 11:35 PM
I would definately put Serena, Venus, Hingis, Davenport, and even Dementieva's backhands ahead of Jankovic.

Your threads are pointless.

Dementieva's backhand better than Jankovic's? :lol: :spit:

ivanban
Mar 3rd, 2007, 12:13 AM
Originally Posted by ivanban View Post

If you are not praising a Williams sister then you have no right to post.

WTF are you talking about. I was refering to Jelena. How did Williams sisters got on your mind?!!!

brent-o
Mar 3rd, 2007, 12:19 AM
Her inside-out backhand is the best in the world. She changes direction of the ball on that shot better than anyone. But overall I'd say she doesn't have the best backhand but just the hardest to read.

backhanddtl4
Mar 3rd, 2007, 12:21 AM
This thread has got to be a joke. She lost the match...and NO, she's not top 3, or 5 even in any of those. She is probably top 5 in the "biggest disappointments of the year" catagory, however.

Bruno71
Mar 3rd, 2007, 12:59 AM
with all her brilliance how come she doesnt win titles not necessarily gs.until she matures she will continue to play mindlessly.She could be nursing a serious injury that can derail her somewhat. She should hire a sports psychologist to help her enter a tourney and win the whole thing.

Because generally she enters tourneys with one of the top 5 players in it, and she hasn't been able to beat them most of the time (Kuznetsova once, Mauresmo once I believe). She'll get there.

She should've won Guangzhou (debatable...Chakvetadze was hitting her stride too) & Quebec City last year though...I think those were both retirements if I recall correctly.

MagicMilan
Mar 3rd, 2007, 01:01 AM
Omfg, this board is becoming so pathetic. I'm starting to get sick of all the so called tennis fans. So much hate, negativity, it's sad. Jelena fans, please don't make threads about Jelena anymore in GM. And frontier = attention seeker, just make a sticky thread, spill all the hate you want about JJ. That way everybody will read what you have to say, so I won't see your name in her threads anymore

Benchwarmer1
Mar 3rd, 2007, 01:03 AM
Best backhand in the world....Gasquet, he's in the world isn't he?:tape:

....sorry *I crawl back into the empty corner i left*:bolt:

Tenis Srbija
Mar 3rd, 2007, 01:04 AM
:lol:

Derek.
Mar 3rd, 2007, 01:08 AM
One of the best, but not the best.

!<blocparty>!
Mar 3rd, 2007, 01:10 AM
Most of this thread is probably nonsense so I won't bother reading it properly.

Jelena's backand is definitely one of the best in women's tennis right now. IMO, it is the best.

CrossCourt~Rally
Mar 3rd, 2007, 01:13 AM
Jelena did very well today :worship: However, the woman with this best backhand WON today...IMO ...:D :bounce:

kikikid
Mar 3rd, 2007, 01:19 AM
i agree1

frontier
Mar 3rd, 2007, 01:32 AM
Omfg, this board is becoming so pathetic. I'm starting to get sick of all the so called tennis fans. So much hate, negativity, it's sad. Jelena fans, please don't make threads about Jelena anymore in GM. And frontier = attention seeker, just make a sticky thread, spill all the hate you want about JJ. That way everybody will read what you have to say, so I won't see your name in her threads anymorethis board is international and not jelena's serbian fan club.i will continue to post like every other person on this board and refuse to be intimidated by you or anybody.I dont post because i want a response from you,silly .if you cant take the heat get out of the kitchen i am sure jelena has a website go there and blindly support your player.
if you are like those fans we saw in australia,i feel sorry for you.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :lol: :fiery:

pengluv
Mar 3rd, 2007, 03:32 AM
apparantly the best backhand in the world doesnt work on serena

pcrtennis
Mar 3rd, 2007, 03:36 AM
Her inside-out backhand is the best in the world. She changes direction of the ball on that shot better than anyone. But overall I'd say she doesn't have the best backhand but just the hardest to read.

No that's not true at all.

barmaid
Mar 3rd, 2007, 04:53 AM
Well if you think Jelena has the best backhand in the world....how come she lost? :confused: That's cause Justine's got a pretty good one too!!:worship: :bounce:

barmaid:wavey:

brent-o
Mar 3rd, 2007, 04:57 AM
Best backhand in the world....Gasquet, he's in the world isn't he?:tape:

....sorry *I crawl back into the empty corner i left*:bolt:

Lately, I don't know where he or his game is.

mm1147
Mar 3rd, 2007, 05:26 AM
best backhand in womens tennis (two handed in terms of power) venus,serena,davenport,seles,sharapova,dementieva, petrova,jankovic (one handed) henin,mauresmo,(graf,martinez,novotna,sabatini although they often use slices) in terms of placement hingis,myskina,kirilenko,schnyder,golovin

ElusiveChanteuse
Mar 3rd, 2007, 05:26 AM

yeah.top 5.i think she is also a top 3 choker,if not the best.:p

MagicMilan
Mar 3rd, 2007, 12:23 PM
Of course I'm not like those fans from Australia. I won't stop you from posting here but I won't stop that thinking that you're :weirdo: too. I haven't seen a JJ's thread without your post, and you're not her fan. For God sake, we made a thread wishing her happy birthday and you start something like "she hasn't won anything big, she sucks...". Get a life and have some respect for other fans

Kampi
Mar 3rd, 2007, 12:37 PM
Get a life and have some respect for other fans

Amen:angel:

Hashim.
Mar 3rd, 2007, 12:42 PM
she has definately 1 of the best..

frontier
Mar 3rd, 2007, 09:56 PM
yeah.top 5.i think she is also a top 3 choker,if not the best.:p
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

frontier
Mar 3rd, 2007, 10:08 PM
Of course I'm not like those fans from Australia. I won't stop you from posting here but I won't stop that thinking that you're :weirdo: too. I haven't seen a JJ's thread without your post, and you're not her fan. For God sake, we made a thread wishing her happy birthday and you start something like "she hasn't won anything big, she sucks...". Get a life and have some respect for other fansget over it she doesnt know you exist and doesnt care whether you cry your heart out or not.I also like JJ but her choking is killing me too,I know how it is to want your favourite to win that trophy and celebrate their truimph.Guess what your time in the sun will come when jj wins a big title and you will post countless obssessed compliments.:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fidello
Mar 3rd, 2007, 10:30 PM
http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=253630

I thought this thread looks familiar

Fingon
Mar 3rd, 2007, 10:33 PM
I don't understand why people have always to go over the top.

She has a good backhand, then it's the best.

this player is the most beautiful woman in the world.

a player wins a match, she is a future hall of famer.

She has a good backhand, definitely not the best, and no because some people don't think Jelena Jankovic is a bless sent by God to us simple mortals mean we are haters. It's ridiculous statements like this what generate the negative responses, and of course, the same way those praising her are over the top, so are those attacking her.

I don't think she is that great but that's my opinion.

You know what? things are not black and white, player's strokes are not either the best or the worst, in most cases they fall in between.

CuteLatinGirl
Mar 4th, 2007, 12:31 AM
The "best" backhand depends absolutely of what you like, some
people think that the two handed backhand is better because is
more effective, others says that the one handed is more difficult
and artistic.
I agree with the second opinion and for me Jankovic doesn’t have
(nor close) the best backhand. It’s pretty good but the backhand
of Henin and Mauresmo are better by far...