PDA

View Full Version : Tati Golovin's "more than just one-day" IW fan blog

orfeus
Feb 28th, 2007, 09:45 PM
"I'm really looking forward to Indian Wells and Miami, which are coming up very soon. I've always had good results there - even when I was younger and just starting out."

...so Tati come up to the expectations pleeez and do some serious damage there!!!;)
Good luck for the two weeks (and I mean two WHOLE weeks;)) at IW!:bounce:

FrenchY52
Mar 1st, 2007, 12:37 PM
She has so many points to defend in Miami where the field will be great so she has to do very well in IW.. Please Don't choke like last year !
Anyway she's very confident right now and she'll be working hard in Miami till Sunday so i'm confident too.
Allez Taniaa :devil:

Zombielicious
Mar 3rd, 2007, 02:33 PM
Allez TATI!!

Win this thang!! ;)

orfeus
Mar 5th, 2007, 11:39 PM
Ok, so it's BYE in the first round, then prolly Aiko Nakamura, Sam Stosur and Nadia Petrova...so overall very agreeable I think...

the complete draw's here:
http://www.pacificlifeopen.com/4/assets/common/TrackIt.asp?file=http://www.pacificlifeopen.com/4/assets/pdfs/draws/WTAMDS3.pdf

FrenchY52
Mar 6th, 2007, 12:43 PM
It's a pretty good draw so plz Tati make what you can and you'll go far ..

CR7
Mar 6th, 2007, 12:50 PM
Allez Tati :bounce:

TatiLiNa
Mar 6th, 2007, 06:41 PM
Hi everybody! it's my very first post...

Allez Tati !!!

:eek:Why not a final Li/Golovin :woohoo:

FrenchY52
Mar 6th, 2007, 06:48 PM
Welcome !!

TatiLiNa
Mar 6th, 2007, 06:53 PM
Thanks you :)

HTE
Mar 6th, 2007, 08:10 PM
Nice draw, Allez Tati :)

Hi everybody! it's my very first post...

Allez Tati !!!

:wavey: hi there :)

TatiLiNa
Mar 7th, 2007, 11:05 PM
Hi HTE!
It's Groenefeld in your pic? Now she got fat and lose her matches... I hope that she's going better!

TatiLiNa
Mar 7th, 2007, 11:05 PM
Somebody knows when Tati is supposed to play??

orfeus
Mar 7th, 2007, 11:44 PM
Hi:wavey:, what about going to the "introduce yourself" thread in "Viva la Tati" forum so we can get to know more about you?;)
as to your question, since the first round is still in progress right now, I think she'll play either on Thursday or Friday...

TatiLiNa
Mar 8th, 2007, 12:00 AM
Ok thanks you orfeus

orfeus
Mar 8th, 2007, 06:25 PM
So about 6:30 pm California time we should know who the next Tati's opponent is - to check Thursday's order of play you can go here:

http://www.pacificlifeopen.com/1/oop/

FrenchY52
Mar 8th, 2007, 06:47 PM
Hi HTE!
It's Groenefeld in your pic? Now she got fat and lose her matches... I hope that she's going better!

I'm not HTE but no, it's not Groenefeld. She's way bigger. It's Caro Wozniacki.

Somebody knows when Tati is supposed to play??

Friday or Saturday

orfeus
Mar 9th, 2007, 12:54 PM
Tati's playing her 2nd round match against Aiko Nakamura (who scored a 26 63 64 win over Kloesel) 2morrow.

*edit 10/03 - the match is scheduled as the 5th one on the court no.3, so it will probably start some time between 5:00 and 6:00 pm California time, which means 2:00 - 3:00 am CET. You can check the Saturday's order of play here:

Solitaire
Mar 10th, 2007, 03:36 AM
Allez Tati!

.:sk:.
Mar 10th, 2007, 08:42 PM
Go Tati, please win!!!

TatiLiNa
Mar 10th, 2007, 11:55 PM
Allez Tati!

stefi62
Mar 10th, 2007, 11:57 PM
No way she loses!!! :bounce:

ALLEZ TATI! :worship:

~Kiera~
Mar 11th, 2007, 12:10 AM
Good luck, Tati!

Mar 11th, 2007, 08:06 AM
6-0 7-5 :woohoo:

Now Stosur...

FrenchY52
Mar 11th, 2007, 01:51 PM
Well done ! Gluck against Sammy !

orfeus
Mar 11th, 2007, 11:16 PM
OK, so the match against Sam (currently no. 29 with 723 points) is due on Monday; the girls have already played each other - it was back in 2005 in Sydney where Sam won 6-2 4-6 6-2. So time to get some revenge, Tat'!!!;)

Oural56
Mar 12th, 2007, 07:44 AM
Come on Tati!!!

orfeus
Mar 12th, 2007, 03:06 PM
*edit 12/03 - Tati's match is scheduled as the last one on the court no. 3, so it won't start before 6 am I think, anyway, some court changes are most likely to happen, so it's just a rough guess:shrug:

Mar 12th, 2007, 04:50 PM
Good luck Tati!!!:bounce:

FrenchY52
Mar 12th, 2007, 08:40 PM
Allez !!!

HTE
Mar 12th, 2007, 09:11 PM
smash her Tati :yeah:

Oural56
Mar 13th, 2007, 09:43 AM
What a match Tati! Good luck against Petrova!

Mar 13th, 2007, 04:15 PM
6-2 6-0:eek:

Good luck vs. Petrova!!!

orfeus
Mar 13th, 2007, 06:28 PM
Well Tati's match is scheduled as the fifth one once again, this time on the court no.2, which means it'll prolly start at about 6 am CET. You can check the daily order of play here:

Petrova is definitely a formidable opponent (moreover, as we all know, she won their last encounter at Stuttgart), however, she has had some problems recently and her 3rd round victory over Granville (46 63 60) suggests she ain't in her best shape at the moment. So kick her ass, Tati!!!:bounce:

orfeus
Mar 14th, 2007, 09:00 AM
So Tati's enjoying her well-deserved rest today after having beaten Petrova 62 10 ret. You can check the match stats here:

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/6475/tativspetrovamatchqa6.jpg

Her QF opponent is, surprisingly enough, Sybille Bammer of Austria (no.33 seed), who contributed to the "Day of Upsets" at IW by her 67(6) 60 63 win over Ana Ivanovic. This pretty much opens up the road to SF for Tati, who leads their H2H 1-0 (Gold Coast 2006, hard/o). Moreover, note that both tourneys are played on hardcourts under similar weather conditions, which is something Tati definitely should take advantage of.

I just hope that the match is scheduled as the first one this time so that the folks in Europe could watch it live too!;)
See you soon!:wavey:

orfeus
Mar 14th, 2007, 09:11 AM
btw sorry Frenchy, tho' I posted later than u, my post precedes yours:confused: ...wonder what the hell's going on here:shrug:...see?

Mar 14th, 2007, 10:59 AM
:woohoo:

FrenchY52
Mar 14th, 2007, 11:54 AM
Tati into the QF :D
She can make it to the Semi ! She'll play against Bammer in ther QF match tomorrow :hearts:

Iceland
Mar 14th, 2007, 05:59 PM
She will be in the SF. I can't see her losing to Bammer.
GO TATI, WIN THIS TOURNAMENT !

améliemomo
Mar 14th, 2007, 06:05 PM
GOOD LUCK TATI AT IW!:bounce:

Zombielicious
Mar 15th, 2007, 08:24 AM
Let's go Tati!!!
:worship:

Mar 15th, 2007, 04:07 PM
good luck tonight!!!

orfeus
Mar 15th, 2007, 04:36 PM
The match starts at 4:30 pm California time (0:30 am CET) on the court no.1 and is TV-covered (among others) by the ES Asia Pacific channel.
*edit 19:34...and it's once again 2morrow at 1:30 pm on Eurosport 1. At least I hope it's Tati, but since they show Kuzzy tonight, the only QF remaining is...;)

btw forgot about the Pacific Daylight Time, corrected - sorry for the confusion;)

FrenchY52
Mar 15th, 2007, 08:53 PM
Allez Tati !

orfeus
Mar 15th, 2007, 10:05 PM
Kuzzy just defeated Vaidisova 46 63 64, which means that if Tati beats Bammer (which is sort of must!), these two girls will meet in the semifinal. I won't add any commentary this time 'cause I don't wanna jinx her so just go Tati kick her ass!!!:bounce: :lol:

Zombielicious
Mar 15th, 2007, 11:03 PM
I am so nervous. And most likely, I won't see any coverage of the match.

AAAH! GO TATI!!!

Tati/Sveta....:unsure:

orfeus
Mar 17th, 2007, 02:20 PM
OK, to conclude this tourney I post the interview Tati gave just after her loss to Bammer (thanx yukon145:))

full interview:

Q. Got off to kind of a slow start. You only won two of the first 10 points. Do you really feel ready to play?

TATIANA GOLOVIN: Do I feel that I was what, ready to play?

Q. Why, yes, you started so shakily that I'm just wondering.

TATIANA GOLOVIN: I was ready to play. I just, you know -- I just took a day off today. I don't know. I'm not really even sure what to say. Just nothing was going in and I'm just kind of -- the type of matches you just want to forget and move on. My aim is next week -- we're lucky with the sport, we have tournaments every week, so we can catch up.
I was trying, I don't -- I mean, I'm trying to be, like, upset at myself, but it's so hard 'cause it's like nothing was going in. So, like I said, just the match that I need to forget and move on as soon as possible.

Q. How much of it had to do with her, if anything?

TATIANA GOLOVIN: Of course, I mean, she didn't make it easy either. She definitely had trouble with her serve. She was -- you know, she was playing pretty aggressively. Normally she is a player to defend -- I was actually the one defending and making mistakes. I think it was me not playing well at all and her just really sticking to her game and putting pressure on me.

Q. Do you have a special respect for her as a player because she's out here with a 5-year-old kid and making kind of a run here?

TATIANA GOLOVIN: I mean, that's kind of her choice, I guess, but definitely it must be really, really tough for her. And, you know, definitely you have respect for someone who can, you know, manage both being a professional tennis player and being a mother, so it can't be very easy.

Q. Do girls talk about that in the locker room?

TATIANA GOLOVIN: Not really. We see the little one running around and screaming in the locker, so it's...

Q. Anybody say, "Get that kid out of here"?

TATIANA GOLOVIN: Some of us do (smiling). No, I'm just kidding. No. She's cute. She's nice.

Q. It was a pretty sparse crowd out there watching your game. When it's that quiet like that, do you hear things in the crowd?

TATIANA GOLOVIN: No. No, I don't. You just try to stay focused, you know, whether it's a full house or if there wasn't as many people today. You just really need to focus on the game. You don't really pay attention. The stadium is really very, very big, so it was kind of tough to adjust in the beginning. The court did feel small. But, you know, it's just something you deal with and we're kind of used to it, so it's not like....

Q. After the first set, you changed your outfit. Were you just trying to change your luck a little bit?

TATIANA GOLOVIN: Change something, right? Anything could help (smiling). No, but it was getting kind of cold out there, actually, in the shade and the dress was a little too open.

Q. The lefty factor in her game?

TATIANA GOLOVIN: Yeah, but I mean, like I said, I played Schnyder a lot of times. I usually play well against her. I usually return the serve well. It was just my day off. Nothing was going on. It just happened. It hasn't happened to me in a long time. It's kind of -- it's upsetting that it happens today because I did have my chance to go into the semis. It's really bad timing, but it does happen. You just kind of have to move on.

THE MODERATOR: Thank you.

Well, that's it, thanx everybody for being part of this thread and see u the next time (which means Miami;)):hatoff: