PDA

View Full Version : Why not have a tiny ATP section at WtaWorld...

Bumsby
Feb 24th, 2007, 01:55 PM
... as the menstennisforum has for women's tennis?

I say this because I just LMAO :haha: at the photoshopped ATP players photo and I'm thinking that there are rare times when we might want to talk a little ATP to our fellow wtaworld posters.

Going to the menstennisforum as suggested wouldn't be the same thing, because there are many posters who post exclusively here OR there (I don't have figures, but I'd say the vast majority).

In that specific case the issue WAS women-related :rolls: and the posters at menstennisforum would have probably not reacted the same way we did.

I guess we're just different audiences, so how can we talk a little ATP to our fellow posters here?

The mensforum DOES have a WTA section so I don't see why we can't have an ATP one.

SloKid
Feb 24th, 2007, 06:01 PM
The WTA section on mtf is only open, when wtaworld is down.

Bumsby
Feb 24th, 2007, 06:22 PM
I didn't know that.

That means there's a higher chance for wtaworld to be down than menstennisforum?

SloKid
Feb 24th, 2007, 06:57 PM
I didn't know that.

That means there's a higher chance for wtaworld to be down than menstennisforum?
No, I don't think so. :lol:

I think that at first, before mtf was started, there were some sub forums dedicated to the atp, but when mtf was started those were closed.

And as far as I know the wta part on mtf used to be open all the time or something like that, but later they decided to keep it open only, when wtaworld is down.

But maybe someone, who knows more can fill in the blanks.

Jorn
Feb 24th, 2007, 08:59 PM
So far I remember there has never been a ATP section here on WTAWorld (OR maybe it just because I when I join and now never cared about ATP...)

cellophane
Feb 24th, 2007, 09:00 PM

Yes, but it used it be open all the time. :p

SloKid
Feb 24th, 2007, 09:04 PM
Yes, but it used it be open all the time. :p
And as far as I know the wta part on mtf used to be open all the time or something like that, but later they decided to keep it open only, when wtaworld is down.
Not a thourough reader I see. :p

cellophane
Feb 24th, 2007, 09:07 PM
Not a thourough reader I see. :p

I have to read a very exciting court decision on Indian Treaties. :ras: :help:

My point still stands though. :p

Bumsby
Feb 24th, 2007, 09:16 PM
I just say that, if there were a tiny ATP section on wtaworld open all the time, maybe the mods would have to close less hilarious ATP-related threads on GM :p

wtn_amanda
Feb 24th, 2007, 09:21 PM
No, I don't think so. :lol:

I think that at first, before mtf was started, there were some sub forums dedicated to the atp, but when mtf was started those were closed.

But maybe someone, who knows more can fill in the blanks.

That's correct.

We then started a completely separate site to lighten the load on WTAworld. It allowed us to split resources more effectively. The decision reduced the strain on WTAworld and meant less busy messages for you guys. So that's why we never re-opened the ATP section on here. And we closed the WTA section on MTF once that site grew so big that we wanted to keep server resources purely for ATP-related discussion.

As has been the case since then, for ATP discussion you should go to menstennisforums.com. For WTA discussion, this is the place. You are helping the team by observing this :)

Bumsby
Feb 24th, 2007, 09:50 PM
Thanks, now I understand better how things went.

But why, instead of closing threads here solely because they are ATP-related, can't you move them to the menstennisforum, then?

Or, if the two forums should work together, why not make a bigger one that includes an atp and a wta section linked by the current domains? This way you wouldn't need to get two separate accounts and the integration could be better (meaning all wtaworld posters would have instant access to atp discussions, and viceversa)

Martian Stacey
Feb 25th, 2007, 08:12 AM
But why, instead of closing threads here solely because they are ATP-related, can't you move them to the menstennisforum, then?

Coz its not possible for us to move threads from one site to the other. They are completely separate forums.

TheBoiledEgg
Feb 25th, 2007, 09:15 AM
i'm missing the Retro Arcade games on MTF

when they gonna come back if ever ???

Bumsby
Feb 25th, 2007, 12:58 PM
Coz its not possible for us to move threads from one site to the other. They are completely separate forums.
Ok, but the difference in men's and women's tennis justifies two completely separate forums with no possibility of overlap?

I mean, most tennis fans are a bit fans of both tours, even though they normally prefer one. Wouldn't it be better to have one single big forum with two big sections, one for atp (that would be the curren MTF) and one for wta (that would be the current WTAW)?

You'd need a single account to post in both, and you could move threads easily.

Brett.
Mar 1st, 2007, 12:29 AM
I'm so stupid that i shouldn't have start that thread about those Atp players as a PussyDolls! :smash: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: