PDA

View Full Version : Do any male players remind you of Lena D's hitting style?

kinglear
Feb 23rd, 2007, 07:58 PM
I made a thread in the general about this, but instead of just Lena, I just asked about male/female player comparisons.

I think Rainer Scheuttler has Lena-esque groundstrokes. He even has Lena's trademark "woop" sound. :lol:

It's ironic that are ATP players that remind me of Lena's playing style, but no WTA players that remind me of Lena's playing style. She truly is one in a million.

Dementinator
Feb 23rd, 2007, 08:00 PM
I guess Nadal has her muscles and the same very powerful hitting when pulled out wide... many an hit from an acute angle ,but only Lena in WTA can do it with such ferocious power and make unreturnable winners from it ,Nadal does it in ATP.

miffedmax
Feb 23rd, 2007, 08:17 PM
Sorry, but there's no way anything with a penis, under any circumstances, is going to remind me of our beautiful girl.

Okay, except for that time I commented she looks like her dad, which she does. But that's different.

kinglear
Feb 23rd, 2007, 08:34 PM
Sorry, but there's no way anything with a penis, under any circumstances, is going to remind me of our beautiful girl.

Okay, except for that time I commented she looks like her dad, which she does. But that's different.

LOL You said that before. Obviously, Lena does not look like a man, but her playing style is aggressive, so men could have the aggressive style too. I'm just talking about groundstrokes Max. ;)

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Feb 23rd, 2007, 08:38 PM
Juan Carlos Ferrero .

They both are thin for the tennis standards and both play great tennis from the baseline being in both cases the Cross court forenhand their trademark

Dementinator
Feb 23rd, 2007, 08:42 PM
Lena is not thin ,where does all this "Lenas thin" come from? I mean sure the girls not carrying an ounce of fat ,but shes built like a frickin tank really,I dont know of any men in my area that have her build.. you make it sound like shes a stick :lol: thats Danny Hants job ! hehehe

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Feb 23rd, 2007, 08:53 PM
1, 82 mts and 70 kgs (being generous) . For me Lena is thin according to nowadays tennis standards

As for Ferrero , 1, 83 mts and 75 Kgs

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Feb 23rd, 2007, 08:55 PM
I guess Nadal has her muscles and the same very powerful hitting when pulled out wide... many an hit from an acute angle ,but only Lena in WTA can do it with such ferocious power and make unreturnable winners from it ,Nadal does it in ATP.

Good comparison with Rafa . I like :)

UDACHi
Feb 24th, 2007, 01:11 AM
nalbandian. except i really dislike david. :p

miffedmax
Feb 24th, 2007, 01:38 AM
Lena is not thin ,where does all this "Lenas thin" come from? I mean sure the girls not carrying an ounce of fat ,but shes built like a frickin tank really,I dont know of any men in my area that have her build.. you make it sound like shes a stick :lol: thats Danny Hants job ! hehehe

Yep, if you look at Lena next to a lot of other players she really is quite slender. I've noted too that many people who have met her have commented on how slim she is in real life. Willowy is a good term, I think. "Thin" or "skinny" sound unhealthy, which she isn't.

As far as her hitting style, no guy, and no other woman on earth can hit the full-body rotation screaming forehand of death.

kinglear
Feb 24th, 2007, 03:56 AM
Yep, if you look at Lena next to a lot of other players she really is quite slender. I've noted too that many people who have met her have commented on how slim she is in real life. Willowy is a good term, I think. "Thin" or "skinny" sound unhealthy, which she isn't.

As far as her hitting style, no guy, and no other woman on earth can hit the full-body rotation screaming forehand of death.

I think you see her as slender because she's not broad-shouldered and she actually looks like a woman. All the players look like dudes or drag queens off the court. If you want someone skinny, Myskina is frickin skinny.

miffedmax
Feb 24th, 2007, 08:18 AM
I'd say Dani and Nastya actually are what I would call thin. Lena, Vee, JHH, Nikki and JJ I'd say are all "slender."

Not that a lot of the other women aren't attractive or feminine to me, they just aren't what I'd call slender.

Dementinator
Feb 24th, 2007, 09:04 AM
To me Lena looks pretty dam built ,I think some are kidding themselves here ,her shoulders are not mega broad ,but very heavily muscled ,her legs are huge ,and she has abs and biceps that most men would be proud to have ,and very muscular forearms too ,but ,shes 6 feet tall ,so it all goes together beautifully ,her thighs are very large ,but cos her legs are long ,they look gorgeous. Lena is not "butch" because shes got the height to carry off her build ,but sorry ,shes defo not thin .The way I would describe her is Athletic ,powerful, shes got a solid build.

So no more of this thin crap ,it makes her sound like some teeny nymph that the wind would blow away rather that the gorgeous magnificent athlete she is.

I remeber "Me & Lena D" saying when she saw her live and close ,that she couldnt beleive how powerful she looked..

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Feb 24th, 2007, 09:55 AM
I didn´t express myself well with the concept "thin"

My point is that if you weight 68-70 kgs and you hit a winner consistently with that weight ... come on !!! you're a tennis player with too much power and you are a "thin people" for the tennis standars iwith ----->

1 , 83 mts (6 feet ) and 68-70 kgs

Sorry for my crap english peeps

Rix643
Feb 24th, 2007, 10:21 AM
I must honestly say that the time when I saw her live and close off-court, I wasn’t that much impressed by her. First, she looked smaller to me than the 6ft or even 5’11” people are talking about. Second, I found her physique rather average. Or better, I found it the way female bodies are intended to be.
Mind you, I was really close. Had I raised my hand a couple of inches, it would have, let’s say, put me in hospital (it was probably worth it, but it is no use crying over spilt milk).
No argument here, she is very strong which really shows when she is on court with all her muscles tightened.

Dementinator
Feb 24th, 2007, 10:43 AM
NOT IMPRESSED BY HER!!! what the hell are you talkign about! :fiery: I am gonna have to start kicking asses here... :lol: how can anyone not be impressed by Lena... dear oh dear... Well ,unless you are some kind of giant ,I htink you will find Lena is easily 6 feet for a start ,I stood by myskina who is way shorter than Lena and Myski was as tall as me! I am no giant I admit 5 Feet 9 ,but I aint a shortass either ,so Lenas an easy 6 feet. There is NO FUCKING WAY her physique is average ,shit,if thats an average girl where you live ,I am moving there immediately :lol: I guess all my photos must be wrong ,she looks a real amazon when stood next to most people... She is certainly slimmer than quite a few of her WTA contempories thats true ,and she carries herself in a very lady like fashion that hides her stature well, she doesnt walk around like Momo who walks like John wayne whos just shit himself.. hehehe

kinglear
Feb 24th, 2007, 11:20 AM
she doesnt walk around like Momo who walks like John wayne whos just shit himself.. hehehe

:lol: :lol: MKSquared said that he/she doesn't have any arguments. When they first saw her, they weren't impressed, but MkSquared changed his/her mind. ;)

Dementinator
Feb 24th, 2007, 11:29 AM
Well than thats ok then... I must say ,our security officer thinking about "having a grope" when LEna was nearby is somewhat worrying ,for a start the last one who did that found themselves minus an arm very quickly indeed :lol:

kinglear
Feb 24th, 2007, 11:35 AM
Well than thats ok then... I must say ,our security officer thinking about "having a grope" when LEna was nearby is somewhat worrying ,for a start the last one who did that found themselves minus an arm very quickly indeed :lol:

haha I don't blame him, but if Lena didn't rip off his arm than she probably would just curse him out. And maybe hit him with a mean right hook. :)

miffedmax
Feb 24th, 2007, 04:04 PM
Here's my proposal to settle the matter. The Cap'n and I will arrange to meet Lena at some tournament.

I'll say "Wow! You are so slender!"

The Cap'n can say "Gor Blimey luv, you're built like a foockin' Sherman tank!"

Let's see which one of us walks away intact, with an autograph.

Dementinator
Feb 24th, 2007, 04:17 PM
hehehehe Well I wouldnt use those exact words you know, just tell her how magnificent her bod actually is and she should be proud of it! Who says girls cant be powerful AND gorgeous and sweet ,Lena does it perfectly..

miffedmax
Feb 24th, 2007, 04:30 PM
hehehehe Well I wouldnt use those exact words you know, just tell her how magnificent her bod actually is and she should be proud of it! Who says girls cant be powerful AND gorgeous and sweet ,Lena does it perfectly..

;) Yeah, not being a cockney as I recall, you'd probably drop the "Gor Blimey" bit.:p

miffedmax
Feb 24th, 2007, 04:31 PM
And, it being Lena, maybe you should say T-34 instead of Sherman.

Rix643
Feb 24th, 2007, 04:35 PM
NOT IMPRESSED BY HER!!! what the hell are you talkign about! :fiery: I am gonna have to start kicking asses here... :lol: how can anyone not be impressed by Lena... dear oh dear... Well ,unless you are some kind of giant ,I htink you will find Lena is easily 6 feet for a start ,I stood by myskina who is way shorter than Lena and Myski was as tall as me! I am no giant I admit 5 Feet 9 ,but I aint a shortass either ,so Lenas an easy 6 feet. There is NO FUCKING WAY her physique is average ,shit,if thats an average girl where you live ,I am moving there immediately :lol: I guess all my photos must be wrong ,she looks a real amazon when stood next to most people... She is certainly slimmer than quite a few of her WTA contempories thats true ,and she carries herself in a very lady like fashion that hides her stature well, she doesnt walk around like Momo who walks like John wayne whos just shit himself.. hehehe

Captain, let me try to explain myself, hoping not to make things worse.

I am 1.84m or 6ft and a half inch, about average for a Dutch male and I had to look down to see her in her eyes. I must admit, she was coming off court, carrying her bags and walking slightly bent forward. She might well be 1m80 or 5’11” when standing straight. But I was feeling a bit disappointed with her length at that moment.
I guess I got used to tall women. Some of my female co-workers are taller than me. I’ve also been coaching field hockey teams comprised of girls aged 16 to 18 and some of them were already taller than me. These girls played field hockey for several years and had a similar posture like Lena, including the powerful massive thighs. This is probably where my conception of Lena being average build comes from. I just grew accustomed to it.

As far as the groping is concerned, I am old and wise enough (I believe I am one of the oldest crewmembers on board) to realize not to pull a stupid stunt like that. It was just my way to explain she was just a couple of inches away from me. I believe that many of her male fans are hoping to get this close to Lena that they could actually touch her.

To state that I am not impressed by Lena period, is a total misconception. I’ve been following Lena for several years now and all these years I’ve been impressed with her as a tennis player and an athlete, as a person with a superb attitude both on- and off-court; the total package so to speak.
In past, present and future, for me Lena Absolutely Fucking Rocks!

miffedmax
Feb 24th, 2007, 05:01 PM
I read Holland has the tallest population in the world.

I'm ready to move.

My guess has always been that Lena's height is pretty close to listed, a little over 5'11" or so.

UDACHi
Feb 24th, 2007, 07:24 PM
when i saw lena in person for the first time, that's when i fell in love (even though she was getting her ass handed to her by medina garrigues :tape:). she has the most impressive legs i have ever seen on a woman.

Danči Dementia
Feb 25th, 2007, 12:23 AM
Her hitting style the "open standing" thing reminds me a lot to Nikolay's Davidenko style.
As far as it concer to fisics I will relate her to Marat because they are both so fucking hot....................

Dementinator
Feb 25th, 2007, 06:12 PM
;) Yeah, not being a cockney as I recall, you'd probably drop the "Gor Blimey" bit.:p

:lol: Comming from Hereford, a large farming county ,famous for 'Hereford Cattle' cider ,a shite league soccer team and of course the world famous crack military unit,the SAS ,I am more likely to say

"oooarrr! thats a fine pair of breeding thighs you have there me love , get a few horsepower outa them buggers I'll be bettin'"

But of course I know better than to do that ,and Actually I dont have a 'Herefordian' accent really.

Lena I think hides her powerful bod very well ,shes extremely elegant and seems adjustable at times ,off court she can look simply tall and fit ,on court shes a bulging piece of honed female muscularity. There are times tho that she cant hide her build ,in the world famous music vid she made ,theres a bit when shes walking along side the dude who wrote the song ,onto a tennis court ,shes in TIGHT (about to split actually) jeans and a yellow tank top ,theres no hiding the immensely powerful thighs ,the muscular shoulders and strong arms ,she really looks like she could tear that poor guy apart.

But I agree ,she is very demure and Elegant off court usually ,and one can only imagine the suprise one would have if they didnt know her and were present when the "wrappers" came off ,lets all just pause to imagine that for a sec shall we................................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........
ok ,back now ,they would have quite a suprise methinks! a good suprise tho!

Mathijs
Feb 26th, 2007, 11:00 AM
I read Holland has the tallest population in the world.

I'm ready to move.

My guess has always been that Lena's height is pretty close to listed, a little over 5'11" or so.

True Max ;)

Although i am quite tall, 183 cm's to be exact,( i never know with inches and 5'11 and stuff like that, we have only the cm's and the other stuff as dm's and mm's etc. here :lol:) i sometimes feel tiny when i meet ppl who are 5-10 years younger then me and already passing me in my length :(.

Well i am compared to my dad, who is 196 cms also tiny, but i am glad i am the 2nd one in tallness in our household, with my mom being the tiniest with 162 cms.

kinglear
Feb 26th, 2007, 09:59 PM
when i saw lena in person for the first time, that's when i fell in love (even though she was getting her ass handed to her by medina garrigues :tape:). she has the most impressive legs i have ever seen on a woman.

When was this match against Medina Garrigues? Was it early in Lena's career?

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Feb 26th, 2007, 10:07 PM
When was this match against Medina Garrigues? Was it early in Lena's career?

2005 in New Haven QF

Dementinator
Feb 26th, 2007, 10:40 PM
probably 2005 I think ,not one of Lenas better matches.. :lol:

Willam
Feb 26th, 2007, 11:53 PM
Nalbandian.. definitly!

HenryMag.
Mar 13th, 2007, 01:42 PM
Davydenko

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Mar 13th, 2007, 06:58 PM
Davydenko

Poor Lena :sad:

Davydenko´s game :yawn: is too boring , Lena's game is amazing :hearts:

So , Davydenko doesn't remind me Elena

kinglear
Mar 15th, 2007, 05:09 PM
Poor Lena :sad:

Davydenko´s game :yawn: is too boring , Lena's game is amazing :hearts:

So , Davydenko doesn't remind me Elena

He definitely doesn't have the variety. That's why I'm glad Lena plays doubles because it's made her an almost complete player. The only thing she lacks is a consistent serve. I love the fact that Lena is arguably the hardest striker of a ball, yet she has great touch at net.

Willam
Mar 15th, 2007, 08:51 PM
Like david serve.. SUCKS!

kinglear
Mar 16th, 2007, 03:38 AM
Dmitry Tursunov reminds me a little of Lena's game. I don't how I forgot to put him on the list.

kinglear
Apr 21st, 2007, 04:11 AM
I just saw Juan Carlos Ferrero playing on tv in Monte Carlo, and something about his strokes reminds me a bit of Lena. He doesn't hit as hard as her though. :worship: And the way Ferrero can make comebacks reminds me of Lena. :worship:

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Apr 21st, 2007, 04:42 AM
I just saw Juan Carlos Ferrero playing on tv in Monte Carlo, and something about his strokes reminds me a bit of Lena. He doesn't hit as hard as her though. :worship: And the way Ferrero can make comebacks reminds me of Lena. :worship:

El Mosquito :rocker2:

He plays similar to Lena ... more than a solid backhand , amazing forehand ( JC used to be a great forehand in his best moment , nowadays it´s not that good but still a beautiful forehand in terms of tecnique :worship: ) , similar baseline movements , speed , defense (Lena is better than Ferrero but JC is a great defender too) , they both are count a punchers .

kinglear
Apr 21st, 2007, 05:06 AM
El Mosquito :rocker2:

He plays similar to Lena ... more than a solid backhand , amazing forehand ( JC used to be a great forehand in his best moment , nowadays it´s not that good but still a beautiful forehand in terms of tecnique :worship: ) , similar baseline movements , speed , defense (Lena is better than Ferrero but JC is a great defender too) , they both are count a punchers .

True, but you would agree that Lena is more of an attacker than Ferrero. He definitely can hit the ball pretty hard with heavy pace on his forehand, but like Lena he doesn't hit as hard on his backhand. Not to get off topic, but I have no idea why so many people on this forum never list Lena has one of the top 3 hardest hitters. The thud on her groundstrokes reverberates through the stadium. Of course and Serena and Venus hit hard, but I think Lena falls right under them. I don't think Sharapova hits the ball as hard as Lena; she only creates the illusion because of her screams of terror. ;) By the way, what does El Mosquito mean?

Dementinator
Apr 21st, 2007, 08:57 AM
I think Lena is one of the hardest hitters I have ever seen, I saw serena once fail to make one of Lenas forehands, in 25 years of tennis watching, Lena is one of the biggest hitters I know ,inc some of the guys too, she generates massive power on her shots and does it effortlessly, she puts her full bodyweight behind them and uses her considerable strength to make them absolutely zing...

I think some dont count her because she doesnt hit like that ALL the time, she does play different shots, some defense, some touch, then in for the kill with an unreturnable monster of a hit. Players like Screamupova hit hard every shot, they cant do anyting else, they are very limited...Lena is not..

No one hits the powershots like Lena when they are pulled out of court either , she finds massive returns when shes half way up the stands to Row Z..how she does it I do not know....

azmad_88
Apr 21st, 2007, 09:40 AM
Lena can hit hard but not consistenly...

but i remember watching the match vs justine at IW last year.. justine was hitting much harder than she was...

Dementinator
Apr 21st, 2007, 09:59 AM
sorry thats bollocks.. I saw that match too...justine doesnt hit harder than Lena in a million years, she may be more acurate etc but she doesnt hit harder.

LCS
Apr 21st, 2007, 11:32 AM
Elena is the symbol of what feminine is all about!

She's charming but yet ferocious on-court! She could pretty much beat any of us down with a single punch!

How can someone as tall as 1-84 look to Elena, who is 1.80 and think she is short?! Am I missing something here?! 1.80 is tremendously tall - at least in a Portugal standard!

As for what the thread is actually concerned, I have to say that I can't think of anyone that plays the groundies lik our queen... Let alone that crosscourt and also the down-the-line forehand that wreaks havoc throughout the court! "Die bitch" is the label on it! :D

kinglear
Apr 21st, 2007, 02:30 PM
sorry thats bollocks.. I saw that match too...justine doesnt hit harder than Lena in a million years, she may be more acurate etc but she doesnt hit harder.

Thank you! I just watched that match on my computer and Lena was hitting shots that sounded like bombs. I didn't see the first set, but from what I saw, Justine's shots sounded lightweight compared to Lena's. And I agree that Lena has a lot of variety, which even she doesn't use that often. Venus and Serena hit hard for 90% of the time, but they have the abiliity to hit slices and change up the pace. Venus is an undeniable ball-basher, but Serena mixes it up a lot more often.

kinglear
Apr 25th, 2007, 01:29 PM
Okay, what about Jim Courier? His forehand is the only thing that comes close to Lena's forehand. The form on both of their forehands is similar.

No Name Face
Apr 26th, 2007, 07:36 PM
Nalbandian.

I want to see Elena in person. I think we're the same height. I'm 5'11-6'0. I'm 170 lbs though although I'm less than 10% body fat. I wonder how much she weighs. Lena and I have similar builds, but I'm a guy so I'm a little bigger than she. I would not describe myself as skinny, just lean.

PaulHopkins
Apr 26th, 2007, 07:40 PM
Serve wise I'd sadly have to see Coria but maybe a Gonzalez or Nalbandian type in play?

Dementinator
Apr 26th, 2007, 09:40 PM
Nalbandian.

I want to see Elena in person. I think we're the same height. I'm 5'11-6'0. I'm 170 lbs though although I'm less than 10% body fat. I wonder how much she weighs. Lena and I have similar builds, but I'm a guy so I'm a little bigger than she. I would not describe myself as skinny, just lean.

Not supposed to ask how much a girl weighs dude.. :lol: I ma guessing however shes much more than those stupid inaccurate bios on wta website.. Lenas defo and easy 6ft not 5 11 ,shes said herself shes was 183cm..not the 180 stated...shes well built with solid bone structure and llong powerful muscles so I am guessing a good 165lbs or so..no WAY is she 140 thats bollocks..

I still reckon Lena could take a good few guys to the cleaners, shes very very VERY powerful.. her legs are far bigger and stronger than most males.. yet shes still so sweet and demure, even if she can snap you in half.

I dont really think theres a male equivent to be honest, shes truly unique and doesnt play like any dude I know.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Apr 27th, 2007, 01:20 AM
David Nalbandian in any case . His best stroke is the backhand and the best stoke of Elena is her DRIVE .

David is another type of player , more clever on court than Elena and many players .

Natasc
Apr 30th, 2007, 06:59 PM
I agree about Nana (David Nalbandian: except for his mental block in many situations, Lena doesn't block like him)

but Nadal definately remind me her legs!!
both have amazing legs!! :lol:

Paco
May 1st, 2007, 12:31 PM
do not compare Lena to this fucking asshole nadal :p

kinglear
Aug 8th, 2007, 07:00 PM
Paul Henri Matheiu reminds me a lot of Lena. Check out his win from yesterday against Canas. He took it to three sets when he looked like he was down, which is very much Lena's style. Also, look at his groundstrokes and the aggression.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAWy0EHRTp4

LudwigDvorak
Aug 8th, 2007, 07:01 PM
Astute, kinglear!

I had noticed the same thing when I watched that match. I've liked Mathieu for awhile but he reminded me sooooo much of her in that match in literally every aspect. It was amazing.