PDA

View Full Version : GM is becoming very crowded...

-VSR-
Feb 21st, 2007, 03:19 AM
GM is becoming very crowded with useless threads. Like the Peak vs. Peak, Who's hotter, and all those pointless threads that don't need to be there. Is there anyway to either not have them posted anymore and something. It's really annoying when you have to look back 3 pages for something that actually has to do with tennis. This is getting out of hand.

Anything?

cellophane
Feb 21st, 2007, 03:47 AM
On a figure skating message board I frequent, they have a separate board for polls and crap, so it doesn't dilute the main discussion. Maybe they can have the same thing here. :shrug:

-VSR-
Feb 21st, 2007, 03:49 AM
Yeah, that would be a good idea.

Although some of those Peak vs. Peak threads are ridiculous. :o

cellophane
Feb 21st, 2007, 03:56 AM
Yeah, that would be a good idea.

Although some of those Peak vs. Peak threads are ridiculous. :o

:lol: Frankly, I'd still rather read the ridiculous ones than "Peak Graf is better than Peak Serena, you stupid bitch" ones...

-VSR-
Feb 21st, 2007, 05:51 AM
All Peak vs. Peak need to leave GM. I think they're all annoying. :lol:

Hayato
Feb 21st, 2007, 07:00 AM
It's always full of garbage and people who think they can predict the future and people who think their opinions are more correct than anyone elses and people who think that their favourites can beat everyone and people who post threads and polls which have already been made....that's why I rarely post in there.

Mattographer
Feb 21st, 2007, 08:09 AM
Yeah, please clean everything up! :help:

crazillo
Feb 21st, 2007, 08:20 AM
GM is getting worse and worse... There are those 'fans'" trying to show their player is the best in the world plus all those polls we've read ten or hundred times now...

Many of those guys are really offending and I hardly recognize that any posts are deleted... Others are banned because of a second account, but permanent offends are accepted - something is wrong there!

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Feb 21st, 2007, 08:23 AM
Those stupid peak threads are driving me crazy!!

Ben.
Feb 21st, 2007, 08:45 AM
Get rid of those peak v speak threads i say :help: plus all the other useless clutter on WTA World. I mean that's why I don't go on & post on GM a lot now a these days & some ppl just get too overeacted with their opinions.

-VSR-
Feb 21st, 2007, 05:25 PM
I see that they were closed. Thanks. :D

Mark Spruce
Feb 21st, 2007, 05:29 PM
SO agree with

All Peak vs. Peak need to leave GM. I think they're all annoying. :lol:

drake3781
Feb 21st, 2007, 05:38 PM
It's not just Peak vs. Peak. There is always a bunch of crap out there, and threads move to back pages way too fast. People should be limited to how many GM New Threads they can make; 1 per day should really be enough. It would really increase the quality of the board... some people would actually have to THINK before they start a thread.

Why not give this a try, for say a 2-month period, and get some feedback?

~Carsten~
Feb 21st, 2007, 05:51 PM
GM is getting worse and worse... There are those 'fans'" trying to show their player is the best in the world plus all those polls we've read ten or hundred times now...

Many of those guys are really offending and I hardly recognize that any posts are deleted... Others are banned because of a second account, but permanent offends are accepted - something is wrong there!

I totally agree with you!!

TTomek
Feb 21st, 2007, 06:39 PM
hate those peaks threads!!!

-VSR-
Feb 21st, 2007, 08:23 PM
It's not just Peak vs. Peak. There is always a bunch of crap out there, and threads move to back pages way too fast. People should be limited to how many GM New Threads they can make; 1 per day should really be enough. It would really increase the quality of the board... some people would actually have to THINK before they start a thread.

Why not give this a try, for say a 2-month period, and get some feedback?

I'd so 2 a day or something.

It's just trolls that are filling GM with useless threads.

Kim's_fan_4ever
Feb 21st, 2007, 08:30 PM
I agree, useless peakX vs peak Y threads and who's more beautiful, that's really annoying.

Erika_Angel
Feb 21st, 2007, 11:58 PM
On a figure skating message board I frequent, they have a separate board for polls and crap, so it doesn't dilute the main discussion. Maybe they can have the same thing here. :shrug:

This is a fantastic idea & I too have seen it successfully implemented at numerous boards.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Mods, consider this :kiss:

xin_hui
Feb 24th, 2007, 08:45 AM
People should be limited to how many GM New Threads they can make; 1 per day should really be enough. It would really increase the quality of the board... some people would actually have to THINK before they start a thread.

:rolls: i think pierce584935030204 will be bored to death if this is implemented

Chrissie-fan
Feb 24th, 2007, 10:12 AM
I don't have a problem "Peak vs peak." Only problem is that there are always a number of people that don't know the difference between an honest debate and a flame war, but that's problem than can occur on all threads. But these things always get a good response, so I think it's safe to say that although many hate them, there are also a number of people that like them.

The biggest problem IMO on GM are the hate threads ("Hingis is the worst top 10 player in history", etc) that are only intended to needle other members. Another problem is that often there are several active threads at the same time talking about the same subject....How many threads do we need where we discuss women getting equal pay at Wimbledon for example? Or two or three different threads about the same match whenever a result comes in?

IMO anything can be discussed and I don't think that certain things should be banned just because some people don't like them. No one reads all of the threads. You read and or participate in what interests you and you skip the rest (live and let live). But if we could avoid have multiple threads about the same subject I think it would be a major step in the right direction.

cellophane
Feb 24th, 2007, 01:04 PM
:lol: I think the peak threads are gone... for now ;)

Chrissie-fan
Feb 24th, 2007, 01:27 PM
Yes, let's get back to discussing the important stuff, like who's the cutest, Kirilenko or Ivanovic.:lol:

Cat's Pajamas
Feb 24th, 2007, 01:56 PM
this samsam poster is posting like 20 stupid threads a day! :help:

cellophane
Feb 24th, 2007, 02:07 PM
Yes, let's get back to discussing the important stuff, like who's the cutest, Kirilenko or Ivanovic.:lol:

Oh no! :bolt: I want the peak threads back. :lol:

drake3781
Feb 24th, 2007, 05:16 PM

That is a bandaid and not a long term solution. :(