Feb 18th, 2007, 10:54 AM
Good luck to Xenia Milewska & Tanja Rajkowa! :yeah:

TheBoiledEgg
Feb 18th, 2007, 11:14 AM
Ksenia will kick everyone's ass.

jamatthews
Feb 18th, 2007, 11:36 AM
When is this?

I think it started Friday and should finish today...no results yet though.

jamatthews
Feb 20th, 2007, 07:06 PM
Milevskaya pulled out.

Zara Harutyunyan won the 1st part.

Results:

http://www.pacificlifeopen.com/4/assets/common/TrackIt.asp?file=http://www.pacificlifeopen.com/4/assets/pdfs/draws/07prequalifier_women.pdf

TheBoiledEgg
Feb 20th, 2007, 07:17 PM
no Ksenia :(

-sugi-
Feb 20th, 2007, 08:33 PM
Ksenia :sad:

Ballbasher
Feb 20th, 2007, 09:10 PM
When will the second part start?

polly
Feb 20th, 2007, 09:16 PM
where is emma murphy:confused: :mad:

jamatthews
Feb 20th, 2007, 10:15 PM
When will the second part start?

3rd of March I think.

Andrew..
Feb 21st, 2007, 01:04 AM
No Coco. Probably got a qualifying WC.

drake3781
Feb 21st, 2007, 03:36 AM
When is this?

Sharapova's_Boy
Feb 21st, 2007, 05:25 AM
Kseniya :sad:

Modiac.
Feb 21st, 2007, 02:32 PM
Zara :)

IMPOSSIBLE
Feb 22nd, 2007, 04:14 PM
Is Hanna Nooni Playing In This :confused:

Jeff
Feb 24th, 2007, 07:15 AM
Kaitlyn! Talented young girl. I've roved some of her junior matches, so good luck to her. Isip, as well.

jamatthews
Mar 1st, 2007, 03:39 PM
1st page updated with the 2nd part. Semis played saturday, final played sunday.

polishprodigy
Mar 1st, 2007, 04:33 PM
The results link says that:

Harutyunyan def. Brodsky 6-1 2-6 11-9
Podkolzina def. Montez 7-5 2-6 10-6

and that in the final:

Harutyunyan def. Podkolzina 6-0 6-1 to win the pre-qualifying tournament.

jamatthews
Mar 1st, 2007, 05:02 PM
The results link says that:

Harutyunyan def. Brodsky 6-1 2-6 11-9
Podkolzina def. Montez 7-5 2-6 10-6

and that in the final:

Harutyunyan def. Podkolzina 6-0 6-1 to win the pre-qualifying tournament.

That was the 1st part, which won Harutyunyan the right to play in this 2nd part. I don't know why Montez is playing both. :confused:

polishprodigy
Mar 1st, 2007, 05:16 PM
perhaps she got in because of a withdrawal....?

LegionArgentina
Mar 1st, 2007, 05:58 PM
Pamela Montez try to playing the qualy of a tier 1 :o

Ballbasher
Mar 2nd, 2007, 03:35 PM
I hope Coconut will win :D

Ballbasher
Mar 3rd, 2007, 09:03 AM
Any results? ;)

nlwtafan
Mar 3rd, 2007, 10:48 AM
Hehehehe so these three are the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour players as mentioned in the Wildcards thread? :tape: :haha: :o

Winner gets a Q Wildcard. :tape: :help:
Zara Harutyunyan vs Julia Cohen
Coco Vandeweghe vs Pam Montez

jamatthews
Mar 3rd, 2007, 12:36 PM
Any results? ;)

Isn't it 4:30 AM there? I don't think they'll have started play yet. ;)

Ballbasher
Mar 3rd, 2007, 03:07 PM
Oh I thought they started yesteday there sorry ;)

DennisPostedThis
Mar 3rd, 2007, 11:19 PM
Zara Harutyunyan looks very impressive results wise

spiceboy
Mar 4th, 2007, 12:37 AM
Montez excited about 2nd chance

The Desert Sun
March 3, 2007 March 3, 2007
INDIAN WELLS - Getting a second chance was completely unexpected for La Quinta's Pam Montez.

Figuring her loss in the semifinals in the Pacific Life Open challenger round was it, Montez planned on playing an ITF junior tournament in Costa Rica. The flight was already booked.

So when Montez got a call Tuesday, it was completely unexpected.

Montez is one of four players who will play in the Pacific Life Open prequalifier today. The winner of the tournament will earn a berth into the qualifying tournament, which begins Monday.

"We had everything scheduled. I was supposed to leave and bought a plane ticket, so it was surprising," Montez said of her phone call. "It's like a second chance. I'm feeling pretty good, so I'm excited."

In the first match today, Zara Harutyunyan, the winner of the challenge round two weeks ago, will face Julia Cohen, a 17-year-old from Miami, which begins at noon. Montez will play immediately after against Coco Vandeweghe, a 15-year-old who trains in Palm Springs with Jose Higueras.

Last year, Montez won the prequalifier, beating Vandeweghe in the first round. This will be the third time Montez and Vandeweghe will face each other, with Montez winning the previous two meetings.

"She's a big girl, so I have to make her move a bit and be consistent," Montez said. "She can't plant her feet, because she has a huge shot. She hits very hard."

Montez had lost 7-5, 2-6, 10-6 to Alexandra Podkolzina in the semifinal of the challenge round. Podkolzina would lose the final 6-0, 6-1 to Harutyunyan, who trains at the Weil Academy in Ojai.

OAS_AD('300x250_1');
However, Montez thinks Cohen is the favorite.

"She's always been in the top-10 in the ITF juniors," Montez said.

However, Montez is not ruling herself out.
"I'm looking forward to Saturday to see how I do against Coco and we'll go from there," Montez said.

Vandeweghe, who recorded her first professional win two weeks ago at the Charley M Desert Classic in Palm Desert, said she has changed over the last year since she's played Montez.

Vandeweghe, 15, has moved from her home in Rancho Santa Fe so she could train with famed coach Jose Higueras in Palm Springs for the last four months.

"He's just added more depth and kept everything solid, adding footwork and stuff like that," said Vandeweghe, the granddaughter of former New York Knick Ernie Vandeweghe and niece of UCLA and Denver Nuggets star Kiki Vandeweghe.

In addition to winning her first professional match to make her 1-3, Vandeweghe also had an impressive run in the USTA National Opens, where she lost in the second round, but then won seven matches to win the back draw.

However, Vandeweghe knows it won't be easy against Montez. "She's a pretty crafty player and she got a lot of balls back," Vandeweghe said. "But I've changed a lot as a player. I imagine she has as well."

aussiestatman
Mar 4th, 2007, 05:15 AM
any results in these matches yet?

1star
Mar 4th, 2007, 07:16 AM
Thanks for posting the news article :wavey:

Ballbasher
Mar 4th, 2007, 02:43 PM
http://www.thedesertsun.com/apps/pbcs.dll/misc?url=/misc/photos_single.pbs&Site=J1&IDato=20070219&IKategori=EVENTS10&ID=702190321
Zara Harutyunyan, from Ojai, reaches for the ball during her match against Alexandra Podkolzina, from Concord, during the pre prequalifier for the Pacific LIfe Open Sunday at the Indian Wells Tennis Gardens in Indian Wells.

dulkogii
Mar 4th, 2007, 02:56 PM
Thanks for posting the news article

spiceboy
Mar 4th, 2007, 03:14 PM
OMG Zara defeated Julia :help:

Montez out; final is set

Staff reports
The Desert Sun
March 4, 2007 March 4, 2007

INDIAN WELLS - La Quinta's Pam Montez earned a second chance to qualify for the Pacific Life Open, but Coco Vandeweghe ended it quickly.

Vandeweghe, the niece of former NBA player Kiki Vandeweghe, eliminated Montez 6-3, 6-0 on Saturday to advance to the finals of the Pacific Life Open prequalifier at Indian Wells Tennis Garden.

The winner of today's final earns a wild-card berth into the qualifying draw of the Pacific Life Open, which begins Monday.

Vandeweghe will face Zara Harutyunyan who outlasted Julia Cohen 6-3, 1-6, 6-4.

Today's final is at noon on Stadium Court 3 at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden. Admission is free.

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 4th, 2007, 03:17 PM
Zara :yeah:

Julia Cohen couldnt even pre-qualify :rolls:

:inlove:
Mar 4th, 2007, 05:08 PM
Zara :yeah: :D Julia you suck so bad. :drool:
Montez :sad:

Ballbasher
Mar 4th, 2007, 05:17 PM
Coconut my prediction will be right! :woohoo:

njnetswill
Mar 4th, 2007, 06:30 PM
I'm surprised Brie Whitehead didn't show up to this.

No ranking points or much money...that must explain it.

Come on Coco! Be the anti-Whitehead. :yeah:

auntie janie
Mar 4th, 2007, 06:51 PM
Julia Cohen couldnt even pre-qualify :rolls:

It's sad ... when Julia was Larcher de Brito's age, SHE was the one getting the Miami main draw wc, if I recall correctly. This wc gift-a-thon thing is ruthless; you've got a couple years to produce or the door will be slammed in your face. Even if you're still just a kid. So Julia's time has expired; she's on her own now.

It's not that I feel sorry for Julia; unfortunately, she hasn't been able to progress in her game as her benefactors had hoped. That's sports. But it's something that other young players who count on wc's should take notice of -- the stream is going to dry up before you know it. So work on your game, not on your wc-recipient tricks. :o

Dexter
Mar 4th, 2007, 06:57 PM
Let's go Coco! :banana:

ZAK
Mar 4th, 2007, 07:45 PM
It's sad ... when Julia was Larcher de Brito's age, SHE was the one getting the Miami main draw wc, if I recall correctly. This wc gift-a-thon thing is ruthless; you've got a couple years to produce or the door will be slammed in your face. Even if you're still just a kid. So Julia's time has expired; she's on her own now.

It's not that I feel sorry for Julia; unfortunately, she hasn't been able to progress in her game as her benefactors had hoped. That's sports. But it's something that other young players who count on wc's should take notice of -- the stream is going to dry up before you know it. So work on your game, not on your wc-recipient tricks. :o

Julia has never even gotten a Miami QWC

NyCPsU
Mar 4th, 2007, 09:10 PM
good luck coco :hearts:

maxomax
Mar 4th, 2007, 09:16 PM
I think Zara Harutyunyan deserve the qualy WC! She won so many matches in the prequalifier draw, and now she won against Julia! Good luck Zara!!

auntie janie
Mar 5th, 2007, 12:06 AM
Julia has never even gotten a Miami QWC

Thanks for the correction. :)

Andrew..
Mar 5th, 2007, 03:35 AM
I hope Coconut will win :D
That's not her name.

Having met her, I think she'd probably deck you if you called her that.

DennisPostedThis
Mar 5th, 2007, 06:08 AM
Zara :) :(