PDA

View Full Version : VENUS SET TO MAKE IT A HAT-TRICK

QueenO
Jun 24th, 2002, 12:16 PM
VENUS SET TO MAKE IT A HAT-TRICK
Daily Record
By David Mccarthy

VENUS WILLIAMS has ruled Wimbledon for the last two years - and anyone who bets against her this time is probably handing over forged fivers.

The 21-year-old No.1 seed is scheduled to meet her little sister Serena in the final, as they did in the French Open, and although Venus lost that clash, she reigns supreme on grass.

She plans to prove it again by emulating Martina Navratilova and Steffi Graf, the last two women to notch up a hat-trick of successive titles.

Venus said: "Once you start winning Wimbledon it gets pretty addictive.

"Nothing less than winning it again will do for me."

She would love to win at the expense of her sister.

The the main threat to an all-Williams final will come from No.3 seed Jennifer Capriati, who is scheduled to meet Serena in the semi final.

Capriati has the grass game to beat Serena but would have to play out of her skin to overcome her big sister in the final.

Venus should dispose of British qualifier Jane O'Donoghue in the first round without any problems and is likely to face last year's beaten finalist Justine Henin in the last four - if the little Belgian can recapture some of the form she has lost in recent weeks.

And the British challenge? Last year six of the seven home-based girls crashed in the first round. Don't be surprised if they don't better that this time round.

RAA
Jun 24th, 2002, 06:28 PM
GO VENUS! you know I sometimes have trouble deciding who I want to win more, Venus or Serena. but Wimby is venus' house. I want her to OWN it by the time she is retired.
the only one that can beat Venus on grass is herself. if she gets injured, thats the only way I think she can lose.
GO VENUS
THREE PEAT!!
then my SErena will have a gs in 2002, Venus will have hers, and then either one can win the USopen!!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Ntosake
Jun 25th, 2002, 01:21 AM
I want to see both Venus and Serena do well here, and I will be satisfied as long as one of them wins it.

But a three-peat would be wonderful.:)

Go Venus!:bounce:

Infiniti2001
Jun 25th, 2002, 03:31 AM
Venus is the only player I want to win ,win ,win... Come on Vee 3PEAT baby!!!

Williams Rulez
Jun 25th, 2002, 08:01 AM
Go Venus... the hat trick is fun! :D

TeeRexx
Jun 25th, 2002, 11:21 PM
Throw the hat on the court for Queen V!!