PDA

View Full Version : wimbly?

*annamaria*
Jun 24th, 2002, 10:05 AM
hello again,
javascript:smilie(':wavey:')
does anyone know if eurosport is going to broadcast wimbly? i am frightened i won't see the all england championships because i couldn't figure out who will broadcast them? does anyone know?

eh, one more question: where do you guys come from?? are ya all belgian?

let me know.

kim, i keep my fingers crossed for you! come on!

bye bye

Cilla
Jun 24th, 2002, 10:44 AM
BBC now have ultimate rights to wimby so eurosport won't show any live coverage-last yeat they only showd extensive highlights. I'm Cilla & I'm not a Belgain lol!!I'm a brit:rolleyes: & I',m 17 & live in London. :wavey:

Good Luck Kimmy!:bounce: :bounce:

keta
Jun 24th, 2002, 10:52 AM
:wavey: :wavey: anna maria Im 14 and live in Petrh, Australia .. but wish i was from belgium!!:p
um In australia Channel 9 cover Wimbledon

Sarah
Jun 24th, 2002, 11:47 AM
I'm 18 and I'm a Belgian ( and proud of it:p )
I hope Belgian television will at least broadcast Justine's and Kim's matches. But I'll probably be watching BBC as much as I can!

Lleyki
Jun 24th, 2002, 11:49 AM
hi Anna :wavey:

I'm 16 and proud to be Belgian :)

angele87
Jun 24th, 2002, 12:22 PM
Hi Anna :wavey:

My name is Angele, I'm 15 and I'm from Canada although I wish I was from Belgium... or from Oz :( I'm a huge Kim as well as Lleyton fan :D Well enjoy the board :) :wavey:

*annamaria*
Jun 24th, 2002, 05:07 PM
hey to all of you, it's good to hear from you. ;-) it is nice to see that there are kim fans all over the globe.
i am 18 and i come from austria. i just love playing tennis as well...
kim is a very passionate and powerful player. she definitly has the ability of being a great champion.
Q. well, there's another question i have: does anyone know if lleyton's sister, jaslyn, plays the WTA tour as well? i heard from her when she played the juniors, but haven't heard anything lately.

good luck kim for tomorrow

cheers
*annamaria*

Nina_rus
Jun 24th, 2002, 05:10 PM
:wavey: I'm Russian :)

Mitzi
Jun 24th, 2002, 06:01 PM
I'm from Israel

angele87
Jun 24th, 2002, 06:05 PM
Well I'm not exactly sure what Jaslyn is doing right now :confused: I know she played an event in Australia earlier this year but lost really bad (something like 6-0 6-1) in the first round :( I'm not really sure what else she has played this year... oh and according to the wta site she is ranked 331 in the world!

Mazza
Jun 24th, 2002, 06:23 PM
Hi :wavey: Im from England :) and Im 15!

I assume Jaslyn is playing challangers as when I last looked she was up in Scotland or somewhere in a tournament.

*annamaria*
Jun 24th, 2002, 07:45 PM
kim is going to play on court NO 18.

per4ever
Jun 24th, 2002, 10:25 PM
I don't know if they'll broadcast Kim on BBC... but I'm pretty sure they will...there's no english player playing at that moment.

Cilla
Jun 24th, 2002, 10:30 PM
LOL!!:wavey:

ClijstersHewitt
Jun 24th, 2002, 11:38 PM
:wavey: Howdy.

I'm Marly, 17, from Texas.

Kim rules. :D

That WTA tournament Jaslyn lost in was the adidas Internation in Sydney. She'd gotten a wildcard, and Amanda Coetzer laid the smack down on her. :o

I don't think I'll have any Kim coverage tomorrow :( but hopefully I'll get some highlights! :)

Kick some ass, Kim! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

angele87
Jun 25th, 2002, 01:17 AM
Well I should get 30 minutes to an hour of either Kim, Micheal Chang or Tommy R... I'm thinking (and praying) it'll be Kimmie :)

Sarah
Jun 25th, 2002, 06:45 AM
I hope Belgian television broadcasts it...
And if they don't, I'm gonna be very pissed of...:mad:

Lisbeth
Jun 25th, 2002, 09:24 AM
I'm from Australia but Belgium rock too (and Canada!).

jujufan
Jun 25th, 2002, 02:57 PM
Can someone tells me if Kim was at Lleyton's match?
I mean when she finnished hers did she came to lleyton?
Just curious.
Heard all ready that Lleyton's parents were at kim her match

Cilla
Jun 25th, 2002, 07:25 PM
:wavey: Kimmyfan no Kim wasn't at Lleyton's match, just his parents. Oh and yeah the hewitt parents were at Kim's match which was nice.

Clijsters Works Hard to beat Reeves

Barry Newcombe
Tuesday, June 25, 2002

Kim Clijsters, the fifth seeded Belgian, had to work hard to beat the 77th ranked American Samantha Reeves in a 90 minute first round match on Court 18.

Clijsters,who was quarter-finalist at The Championships last year, won 6-2 7-6 (7-5) and the tenacious play of Reeves meant that Clijsters had little chance of an easy victory.

In the first set, Clijsters broke serve in the third game, missed three break points at 3-1 and broke again for 5-2 before serving out for a one set lead with her third ace of the day.

Reeves, in her second appearance in The Championships, closed the gap well in the second set but missed three break points in in the sixth game and had to save two herself in the seventh.

The match progressed to a tie-break which Cljisters won by seven points to five on her first match point.

"I didn't feel very comfortable on my return games. I served well today, and that helped me to get out of some breakpoints," she said. "Definitely today wasn't my best tennis, but it was good enough to go through."

jujufan
Jun 26th, 2002, 06:27 AM
Poor Kimmy, all thos problems with her health.
Kim keep positive, I know you'll find your way back...