PDA

View Full Version : 'Be careful what you wish for'

kittyking
Feb 15th, 2007, 05:46 AM
Okay heres your scenario;
Your a conservative guy (who doesn't like George Bush your pretty normal really) who is very mainstream. You are a bisexual or gay guy who has just found yet another cute guy to hand around with. You worry that he may well be straight for a few days and then later find out he isn't so you get all excited. He logs onto a profile site and you get so excited when you get home that you remember his profile address exactly and then add him as a friend. You then notice that hes on other sites too, but what you find here horrifies you. Emo sites and multiple emo pictures on other sites - you are completely stunned as its like this is a different person from the one you know.
Would you still go after him, and if so why/why not?

'Be careful what you wish for' (you've certainly learned what this means today)

kittyking
Feb 15th, 2007, 07:14 AM
1 vote yay :lol:

Sally Struthers
Feb 15th, 2007, 07:37 AM
I vote for don't meet people on the internet.

Brett.
Feb 15th, 2007, 07:48 AM
Yes - No problem whatsoever just expect Kittyking to tell you in the future that he can manipulate you!

kittyking
Feb 15th, 2007, 09:30 AM
In the scenario you didn't meet on the internet, you met at college

James
Feb 15th, 2007, 09:39 AM
Just go by your own feeling (instead of starting a poll online asking what to do)

Brαm
Feb 15th, 2007, 10:04 AM
What are Emo sites?? :o :o

James
Feb 15th, 2007, 10:09 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emo_%28slang%29

mandy7
Feb 15th, 2007, 10:42 AM
Is this your 3rd or 4th thread on this matter now?

Kart
Feb 15th, 2007, 11:15 AM

I'm glad I wasn't the only person that didn't know :o.

Is this meant to be like a real life story or something ?

At any rate, never settle for less than you want is all I can add.

smiler
Feb 15th, 2007, 01:14 PM
What's so awful and shocking about an emo? I'm not all that familiar with the slang, but isn't it just a kinda of punkish dress sense & a preferance for punk rock type music? I don't see any problem :shrug: either you like him or you don't, who cares what's in his cd player?

skanky~skanketta
Feb 15th, 2007, 01:47 PM
for the millionth time, it's you're not your!

Dominic
Feb 15th, 2007, 02:11 PM
for the millionth time, it's you're not your!

We know and we dont care

~Eclipsed~
Feb 15th, 2007, 05:47 PM
this is such a stupid question.

It all depends on if you mind if he has emo look or not.

If you do then don't go after him and if you don't stay away...that simple:rolleyes:

mandy7
Feb 15th, 2007, 09:48 PM
We know and we dont care

well, WE DO CARE.
If English is your 1st language, but yet you manage to fuck up every single post with a your / you're mistake, you need to go back to school!
It's annoying,
and same goed for there/their/they're.
It's EASY, just think before you post.

Helen Lawson
Feb 15th, 2007, 09:55 PM
I don't understand what you're getting at. Are you saying you fell for some straight-acting guy and now that you've found out he's a raging queen/gay acting on the Internet and away from work, you don't know if you want to date him? I do give you an A+ on the stalking skills of lifting his profiles and then stalking him on the Internet. Maybe he should be afraid of you.

Anyway, if it was solely a physical attraction, then I guess it's over now that he's underneath the exterior a nelly queen, which I guess you don't like. Or did I get this all wrong?

AJZ.
Feb 16th, 2007, 01:45 AM
If he's hiding who he really is, I have a problem with that. He should be open :)

~Eclipsed~
Feb 16th, 2007, 01:54 AM
I don't understand what you're getting at. Are you saying you fell for some straight-acting guy and now that you've found out he's a raging queen/gay acting on the Internet and away from work, you don't know if you want to date him? I do give you an A+ on the stalking skills of lifting his profiles and then stalking him on the Internet. Maybe he should be afraid of you.

Anyway, if it was solely a physical attraction, then I guess it's over now that he's underneath the exterior a nelly queen, which I guess you don't like. Or did I get this all wrong?

I wouldn't worry about it. After talking to him lately and just the things he tells me and the way he tells me them, i'm pretty sure he's not playing with a full deck of cards. Either that or he's just immature.

~Eclipsed~
Feb 16th, 2007, 01:55 AM
If he's hiding who he really is, I have a problem with that. He should be open :)

That's easier to say then do. That's pretty much saying if you're in the closet you should come out. That's not that easy for most people.

Wannabeknowitall
Feb 16th, 2007, 02:30 AM
You have to be fucking kidding me.
It's emo.
It's not like this guy is sacrificing dogs and has pictures online.

It's just a style and considering this person didn't even know about it at first, he just might be one of those pop emo people like the groups Weezer and Dashboard Confessional are.

It would be like me meeting this guy who seems pretty normal and then being all paranoid and making assumptions just because I find out he likes to wear hip-hop/urban clothing.