PDA

View Full Version : My Grammy Moment winner becomes American Idol reject

Wannabeknowitall
Feb 14th, 2007, 02:20 AM
There always seems to be a certain kind of rumor on American Idol, that since America doesn't get a chance to vote until the the judges pick the final 24, we really don't know if they're picking on pure talent or something else.

Well it seems we finally got a chance to see if that theory unfolds.

Robyn Troup the winner of My Grammy moment was booted off of American Idol during Hollywood week tonight after an uninspiring group performance.

The question is was it justified.
Do you think that the American Idol judges would have had a change of heart (since Hollywood week is before the Grammy's) after seeing her performance with Justin Timberlake and T.I. on Saturday?
Or
Is Robyn just a pretty girl with a nice voice and a clear example of why America should never be allowed to vote in the early stages of American Idol?
Discuss.

Jeff
Feb 14th, 2007, 07:41 AM
Really? I didn't even realise she was on American Idol. Luckily I missed it and had to tape it. I'll rewatch. However, when I did see her at the Grammy's, I thought she performed amazingly well considering she had never been on a stage like that and in front of so many celebrities...and with JTL. But, as far as her voice, I didn't think it was great...ok, but not that great. She was sexy looking though :eek:

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 14th, 2007, 06:23 PM
If she sucked during the auditions, then she probably deserved to get cut. It is that simple. Bayley was showed as *the thing*, but she forgot her words and looked clueless there. And even with Justin, she wasn't that amazing either. She was singing well, but nothing awesome.

SilK
Feb 14th, 2007, 07:17 PM
Well... if Cassie can do it. :D