PDA

View Full Version : Bosnian immigrant shooting rampage in Utah

samsung101
Feb 13th, 2007, 08:27 PM
Salt Lake City.
5 killed.
Several others in hospital in critical condition.

Bosnian refugee was the killer, shot down by cops.

Already questions if he was Muslim.
Unhappy with American policy in Bosnia/Kosovo, etc.

The media will call him a disaffected youth.
Disenfranchised young man.

Cold blooded killer in a mall.

tenn_ace
Feb 13th, 2007, 08:32 PM
Thank

you. for informing

us.

Just Do It
Feb 13th, 2007, 08:33 PM

Was he ?

samsung101
Feb 14th, 2007, 05:02 PM
If he had been a Mormon, Christian, etc., he would
be a referred to as a fanatic Christian, fanatic Mormon
18 year old killer.

I don't know if his religion had anything to do w/his rampage,
but, it should be mentioned.

He wasn't a 'youth'.
A 'lost soul'.

He intentionally murdered a lot of innocent people in a mall in the
heart of Salt Lake City for no reason whatsoever. If not for the
off duty cop, he would have killed a lot more.

Was he a lone gunman?
Did he have a plan?
Was he spurred on by an Islamic website?

The public should ask those questions, and the press should
do some work and investigate more.

We know all about the Columbine killers lives and neighborhood,
and this loser deserves the same type of investigation by the
media, ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, Fox....

venus_rulez
Feb 14th, 2007, 05:52 PM
I'm not in anyway saying it is ok for people to react this way to things they don't like, especially when it results in the harming or death of people that have absolutely nothing to do with the issue. However, just a thought, so many people around the world (obviously, more so recently) dislike us. There is no doubt in my mind that part of that is jealousy because of the freedoms we enjoy and the luxurious way in which a lot of us live compared to others in the world. But wouldnt it be worth looking at why so many people dislike American policy? Sure there are crazies and every once in a while they just explode, but when you're consistently criticized and berated for something, it's probably smart to analyze the problem and making an informed decision before writing your detractors off.

wta_zuperfann
Feb 15th, 2007, 03:19 AM
It happened in a Republican state but (let's say it all at once ...),

BLAME CLINTON!

égalité
Feb 15th, 2007, 03:34 AM
If he had been a Mormon, Christian, etc., he would
be a referred to as a fanatic Christian, fanatic Mormon
18 year old killer.

It is a challenge to comprehend how
delusional you are.

Sure, the media has nothing but sympathy
and good will for Muslims.
Riiight.

The fact that "Is he Muslim?" came up so immediately
is a demonstration of trust in the Muslim community.
People only wanted to know so that they could feel
sorry for him if it were true!
Yeah, OK.

SelesFan70
Feb 15th, 2007, 04:16 AM

Was he ?

Yes. Definitely. :wavey:

wta_zuperfann
Feb 15th, 2007, 01:44 PM
``Yes. Definitely.``

Good thing his name wasn't McVeigh.

"Sluggy"
Feb 15th, 2007, 01:52 PM
I thought only rednecks did stuff like this!

~MaRt~HiNgIs~F@N
Feb 15th, 2007, 02:21 PM
so whats the big deal if he was a muslim!!!!!! hatersssssssssssssssssssss

Lucyxx
Feb 15th, 2007, 02:45 PM
Just spend a few moments reading RDucky/IvanLjubicic's posts on MTF and this comes as no surprise.

fifiricci
Feb 15th, 2007, 03:46 PM
I'm not in anyway saying it is ok for people to react this way to things they don't like, especially when it results in the harming or death of people that have absolutely nothing to do with the issue. However, just a thought, so many people around the world (obviously, more so recently) dislike us. There is no doubt in my mind that part of that is jealousy because of the freedoms we enjoy and the luxurious way in which a lot of us live compared to others in the world. But wouldnt it be worth looking at why so many people dislike American policy? Sure there are crazies and every once in a while they just explode, but when you're consistently criticized and berated for something, it's probably smart to analyze the problem and making an informed decision before writing your detractors off.

I agree with just about everything say other than the bit about the USA being more free and luxurious than so many other countries :lol: .

Statements like this always amaze me and are, I fear, way out of date now.

Would you like to convince me how you are more free than, say a citizen of the UK? What specific freedoms do you have that the Brits don't? In fact, if we do a strict comparison, I think you might find that we are free-er than you guys (and a lot of us might be a lot richer too) ;) . To be honest, on top of the animosity towards the US caused by the Iraq war, there's also a lot of resentment about these frankly incorrect and out dated views you people have of how the rest of the world lives in comparison to you :rolleyes:

samsung101
Feb 15th, 2007, 05:10 PM
He was Muslim.

The news should report this with his age, nation of orgin, etc.

Again, if a Christian or Mormon or Jew had done this, it would
be noted clearly.

'PC' news should make an effort to be fair: his religion is
a real fact.

A Muslim in Mormon Country, was he frustrated, angry,
spurred on by Islamic fanaticism, or a fan of Columbine, or
a man with a history of violence. Let us know.

Like the Muslim man who ran over pedistrians in San Francisco -
ending up at a Jewish Center, the man who killed people in
Seattle, near a Jewish Center, who was Muslim, etc. These
incidents have been happening, and going underreported.

Apoleb
Feb 15th, 2007, 05:46 PM
He was Muslim.

The news should report this with his age, nation of orgin, etc.

Again, if a Christian or Mormon or Jew had done this, it would
be noted clearly.

'PC' news should make an effort to be fair: his religion is
a real fact.

A Muslim in Mormon Country, was he frustrated, angry,
spurred on by Islamic fanaticism, or a fan of Columbine, or
a man with a history of violence. Let us know.

Like the Muslim man who ran over pedistrians in San Francisco -
ending up at a Jewish Center, the man who killed people in
Seattle, near a Jewish Center, who was Muslim, etc. These
incidents have been happening, and going underreported.

Please, you idiot. If his religion has not been proven to be a motive for his act, why should it be mentioned? Unless you think only Muslims commit crimes. :weirdo:

venus_rulez
Feb 15th, 2007, 08:33 PM
I agree with just about everything say other than the bit about the USA being more free and luxurious than so many other countries :lol: .

Statements like this always amaze me and are, I fear, way out of date now.

Would you like to convince me how you are more free than, say a citizen of the UK? What specific freedoms do you have that the Brits don't? In fact, if we do a strict comparison, I think you might find that we are free-er than you guys (and a lot of us might be a lot richer too) ;) . To be honest, on top of the animosity towards the US caused by the Iraq war, there's also a lot of resentment about these frankly incorrect and out dated views you people have of how the rest of the world lives in comparison to you :rolleyes:

I thought my meaning was clear. I said there was jealousy because of how we live compared to MANY others in the world. There isn't a country on the continent of Africa that has both the same freedoms and live as luxuriously as lots of people in the United States. What about many of the places in the middle east, what about in Asia? Hell there are numerous places here in this very country where people don't liver very luxuriously at all. That still doesn't change what I said, many people here enjoy a way of life that they would not be abl to have in MANY other places.

azdaja
Feb 16th, 2007, 11:26 AM
I thought my meaning was clear. I said there was jealousy because of how we live compared to MANY others in the world. There isn't a country on the continent of Africa that has both the same freedoms and live as luxuriously as lots of people in the United States. What about many of the places in the middle east, what about in Asia? Hell there are numerous places here in this very country where people don't liver very luxuriously at all. That still doesn't change what I said, many people here enjoy a way of life that they would not be abl to have in MANY other places.
this is true, but living standards in europe are also very high and i can't recall ever hearing a european saying that people in other parts of the world hate europe because they are jealous of that :scratch:

i would argue that there are people who are jealous of america's power, those who would like to see their own countries being that powerful, but such people are rare.

as for the incident at hand, we don't know if this was politically or religiously motivated. perhaps the guy was just a psycho, who knows.

wta_zuperfann
Feb 16th, 2007, 01:47 PM
Bush's crimes in Iraq = "Christian" {sic} terrorism.

Now, had a Muslim done that to the West how would the media characterize it?