PDA

View Full Version : Californians here?

HeninFan001
Feb 13th, 2007, 08:36 AM
Just curious, and wondering, which ones of you guys are from California? cause i'm in NorCal, and almost all the Americans here are from East Coast, lol

Jakeev
Feb 13th, 2007, 08:44 AM
Just curious, and wondering, which ones of you guys are from California? cause i'm in NorCal, and almost all the Americans here are from East Coast, lol

SoCalif in Orange County.

hu2891601
Feb 13th, 2007, 09:02 AM
I'm in NorCal!! haha, a college student..

How about you, Jakeev? a student as well?

HeninFan001
Feb 13th, 2007, 10:17 PM
*bump*

alelysafina
Feb 13th, 2007, 10:36 PM
Originally from so cal santa barbara, but now i'm in central cal because of uni.

hu2891601
Feb 14th, 2007, 08:04 AM
Originally from so cal santa barbara, but now i'm in central cal because of uni.

ahh, that's cool, which uni are you in right now?

G1Player2
Feb 14th, 2007, 08:05 AM

What part in NorCal? What college? PM me if you don't want others to know. :)

alelysafina
Feb 14th, 2007, 08:52 AM
ahh, that's cool, which uni are you in right now?

Fresno :rolleyes:

hu2891601
Feb 14th, 2007, 08:54 AM
Fresno :rolleyes:

oh, haha, ic, i'm in Berkeley, like 3 hrs from you? lol

G1Player2
Feb 14th, 2007, 08:55 AM
oh, haha, ic, i'm in Berkeley, like 3 hrs from you? lol

I thought you were going to sleep? :)

hu2891601
Feb 14th, 2007, 08:56 AM
I thought you were going to sleep? :)

LOL, not sleep, more studying! three midterms this week, one down, two to go.... ok, *officially gone*

HeninFan001
Feb 14th, 2007, 09:05 AM
FINALLY, someone responded to my thread, LOL, you guys are all college students! interesting......... i guess i'm old? LOL

Jakeev
Feb 14th, 2007, 09:06 AM

noooooooo well past being a student hehehehe

HeninFan001
Feb 14th, 2007, 09:07 AM
LOL, and Hu(with numbers) in Berkeley?? freaking genius, LOL

G1Player2
Feb 14th, 2007, 09:08 AM
noooooooo well past being a student hehehehe

What school did you go to?

G1Player2
Feb 14th, 2007, 09:08 AM
LOL, and Hu(with numbers) in Berkeley?? freaking genius, LOL

Same thing I said :eek:

HeninFan001
Feb 15th, 2007, 12:32 AM
humm... what do you study?

Martian KC
Feb 15th, 2007, 01:06 AM
I'm originally from Pasadeeeeeeeeeeeeeeena, California.:D

hu2891601
Feb 15th, 2007, 01:13 AM
I'm originally from Pasadeeeeeeeeeeeeeeena, California.:D

ahh, awesome, where are you now? that's where CalTech is right?

Lefty.
Feb 15th, 2007, 01:33 AM
I'm from NorCal too. :wavey: I go to school in San Jose. :)

hu2891601
Feb 15th, 2007, 03:49 AM
I'm from NorCal too. :wavey: I go to school in San Jose. :)

haha, San Jose, closest to me so far. lol ;)

venus_rulez
Feb 15th, 2007, 05:30 AM
:wavey: I'm originally from Southern California but now I spend most of my time in Nor Cal going to school.

G1Player2
Feb 15th, 2007, 05:59 AM
:wavey: I'm originally from Southern California but now I spend most of my time in Nor Cal going to school.

Where?

Jeff
Feb 15th, 2007, 07:58 AM
SoCal here :wavey:

MrSerenaWilliams
Feb 15th, 2007, 08:04 AM
Born in San Jose, raised in Upland :wavey:, now I go to school in Hayward :bounce:

Jakeev
Feb 15th, 2007, 08:30 PM

Yup

nflatte
Feb 15th, 2007, 10:08 PM
Southern California is way better than its treehugging counterpart to the north. Our girls are hotter, our guys more athletic, our Mexican food more Mexican, our music ridiculously awesome, and we're farther from Sacramento. We started In-N-Out. We don't abbreviate our name in a pathetic attempt to sound cool. In short, if this were high school, southern California would be the popular, athletic surfer kid, and northern California the dork who plays Dungeons and Dragons.

And we don't say "hella."

Lefty.
Feb 15th, 2007, 10:24 PM
Southern California is way better than its treehugging counterpart to the north. Our girls are hotter, our guys more athletic, our Mexican food more Mexican, our music ridiculously awesome, and we're farther from Sacramento. We started In-N-Out. We don't abbreviate our name in a pathetic attempt to sound cool. In short, if this were high school, southern California would be the popular, athletic surfer kid, and northern California the dork who plays Dungeons and Dragons.

:awww: I love saying hella. :p

Lefty.
Feb 15th, 2007, 10:24 PM
Born in San Jose, raised in Upland :wavey:, now I go to school in Hayward :bounce:

Neighboring city to me. :D :clap2:

Gonzo Hates Me!
Feb 15th, 2007, 10:26 PM
I'm not from California! :sad: but I will be... soon, next year, can't wait for new beginnings

Btw, Leftys rock, lefties do rock!

nflatte
Feb 15th, 2007, 10:29 PM
Everyone dreams of living in CA.

Gonzo Hates Me!
Feb 15th, 2007, 10:30 PM
Everyone dreams of living in CA.

i know, i'm such a poseur then, right :sad:

nflatte
Feb 15th, 2007, 10:31 PM
Haha. You live in DC? That's considered the south to most people. After all it's below the mason-dixie line.

Gonzo Hates Me!
Feb 15th, 2007, 10:33 PM
ummmmmm, you so did not just say that :fiery: :p maybe I am a poseur. but you don't have to accuse me of being southern. sheesh. you really wanna kick me where it hurts!

nflatte
Feb 15th, 2007, 10:35 PM
I go to UVA, so it's even more southern than where you are.

Gonzo Hates Me!
Feb 15th, 2007, 10:36 PM
you left California for, *gasp* VURGINYA!!!!! WTF

in all seriousness, UVA, very nice campus, very good school!

HeninFan001
Feb 15th, 2007, 10:38 PM
I'm not from California! :sad: but I will be... soon, next year, can't wait for new beginnings

Hey, that sounds really cool!! Where in California are you moving to?? for collge? work?

nflatte
Feb 15th, 2007, 10:39 PM
It's pretty but the weather is too discerning these days. Blegh. Plus southern fratdaddys and sororsitutes are soo annoying - they make up 1/3 of the population here.

Gonzo Hates Me!
Feb 15th, 2007, 10:47 PM
Hey, that sounds really cool!! Where in California are you moving to?? for collge? work?

Either San Fran area or LA area... I am looking into film schools and grad schools of that nature... I wanna be famous y'all! Not. I wanna be behind the scenes

Gonzo Hates Me!
Feb 15th, 2007, 10:49 PM
It's pretty but the weather is too discerning these days. Blegh. Plus southern fratdaddys and sororsitutes are soo annoying - they make up 1/3 of the population here.

Oh no. I love frats. I was a frat groupie 'cause my best guy friend was in one... so we went to all of their parties, me and my partner in crime Teeny Pants, and then we just started going to every frats party. It was like an addiction. But I got through rehab and she didnt :o

alelysafina
Feb 15th, 2007, 11:18 PM

:rocker2: :rocker2:

I do say hella sometimes though:o

btw have you ever had The Habit?? Way better than In-N-Out :yeah:

nflatte
Feb 16th, 2007, 02:53 AM
Never heard of it, now that I'm in VA :(

antonella
Feb 16th, 2007, 03:42 AM
Southern California is way better than its treehugging counterpart to the north.
We don't hug trees, we sit in them. http://www.nbc11.com/news/10870918/detail.html

Our girls are hotter
Good.. then that'll help acclimatize them to Hell.

our guys more athletic
Only in the gym. Wonder why mighty USC lost to lowly Oregon State??? and BTW, why is it LA has no NFL franchise, must not be much demand from those 'more athletic' guys down there.

our Mexican food more Mexican
Granted, we'll give you that one; but we have better Italian and Asian food; you can have your beans and tortillas.

our music ridiculously awesome
Santana, The Grateful Dead, the Jefferson Airplane, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Sly & the Family Stone, the Steve Miller Band, Third Eye Blind, Tupac, The Doobie Brothers, the Tower of Power, Link 80, Chris Issac, John Lee Hooker, Janis Joplin, Boz scaggs, Journey, the Dead Kennedys, Exodus just to name a few, this is quite a tradition, we can say our music is 'ridiculously awesome' as well.

and we're farther from Sacramento
But you gave us Schwarzenegger.

We started In-N-Out
I wouldn't brag about that.

We don't abbreviate our name in a pathetic attempt to sound cool
Guess SoCal ppl don't like abbreviations; not trying to be mean, but is that why RFK was assassinated in LA??

In short, if this were high school, southern California would be the popular, athletic surfer kid, and northern California the dork who plays Dungeons and Dragons
You sound like YOU are still in high school.

And we don't say "hella"
Like for example: 'SoCal people are hella lame and jealous they can`t live here' ??

HeninFan001
Feb 16th, 2007, 03:56 AM
Hey, Antonella! Are you in NorCal, too? Which city are you in?

G1Player2
Feb 16th, 2007, 05:18 AM

OMG, you and I HAVE to hook up when you come to Cali. I have to show you around. :hearts:

kiwifan
Feb 16th, 2007, 05:27 AM
Hollywood. :cool:

G1Player2
Feb 16th, 2007, 05:30 AM
Hollywood. :cool:

Love Hollywood. How do you like it there?

Gonzo Hates Me!
Feb 16th, 2007, 06:24 AM
OMG, you and I HAVE to hook up when you come to Cali. I have to show you around. :hearts:

okay! :) you have to be serious though. you do have to wait a year though... lol! but i'm coming. I swear. I can't wait to get out of the East. I don't belong here

nflatte
Feb 16th, 2007, 07:13 AM
We don't hug trees, we sit in them. http://www.nbc11.com/news/10870918/detail.html

Only in the gym. Wonder why mighty USC lost to lowly Oregon State??? and BTW, why is it LA has no NFL franchise, must not be much demand from those 'more athletic' guys down there.

Granted, we'll give you that one; but we have better Italian and Asian food; you can have your beans and tortillas.

Santana, The Grateful Dead, the Jefferson Airplane, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Sly & the Family Stone, the Steve Miller Band, Third Eye Blind, Tupac, The Doobie Brothers, the Tower of Power, Link 80, Chris Issac, John Lee Hooker, Janis Joplin, Boz scaggs, Journey, the Dead Kennedys, Exodus just to name a few, this is quite a tradition, we can say our music is 'ridiculously awesome' as well.

Guess SoCal ppl don't like abbreviations; not trying to be mean, but is that why RFK was assassinated in LA??

Like for example: 'SoCal people are hella lame and jealous they can`t live here' ??

Wow. You need to chill; obviously these are only stereotypes and I didn't sound serious anyway dude.

Jericho
Feb 16th, 2007, 07:24 AM
socal represent .... norcal is so not "hella" cool... im from laguna but i go to UCSD ;)

kiwifan
Feb 16th, 2007, 07:48 AM
Love Hollywood. How do you like it there?

The first couple of years its great, interesting people everyone trying to "become something" or "create something" or achieve something" :D...

...Then the next couple of years you begin to hate everything you originally liked about it (especially when you see all the nepotism recipients passing you by in the job market) and dismiss it all as phony, shallow, every guy seems to be a hustler every chick a famewhore :(...

...Then hopefully the next couple of years you've finally "gotten in where you fit in" (play the game right and those nepotism recipients then hire you to actually do the work) and then you just kick back with amazement that this place really exists. :cool: By then you can harmonize the good and the bad; play the game or even better stop playing the game and be above it all. :smoke: I'm only tight with 2-4 of my original "non-rugby" friends from when I first got to town, but I've got some good friends more aquaintances...you always have to remember that a lot of these people fit the OJay's song "Backstabbers" - smile in your face, while their trying to take your place. :devil:

As an athlete the weather can't be beat. Whatever your sport there are people who are into it at a competitive level. I am always shocked when I walk outside and its raining...its that rare usually.

As a straight guy the women are the hottest on the planet; you like 'em in all colors/religions, homegirls, rich, punk, alt, preppie, sporty, business types - you name it they look better in Hollywood. But the flip side it true also, if you got by on looks "back East" that isn't going to work out so well in Hollywood unless your goal is just to be a "whore" (male or female); good looks aren't enough. ;) There are model types bagging my groceries. :lol: :tape: Plus all the best looking guys are G-A-Y so you don't even worry about it when good looking guys come into the party most likely they won't be interested in that chick you're trying to talk too :lol:

As a business person, even though I'm happy where I am, its nice to know that there is so much opportunity out there if you have "something real to offer". Of course if you're just peddling bullshit and good intentions you'll join a sea of millions with "good ideas" and no product.

As a social type with a variety of interests, its great that everything that you're into and most things that you might be curious about are here if you look hard enough for them. Obviously every movie plays in town (important to me :angel: ). Almost every band comes to town and a lot of them play small intimate venues (not as important to me as it used to be :sad: )

As an NFL fan I love that we don't have a team so the best games are always on TV (when I lived in NY/NJ we had to suffer through the suck ass Giant/Jet/Eagle games even when the rest of the country was watching the top teams play each other.

Worst part is that traffic just flat out sucks. If you live in one of the beach towns in South Bay its a real pain in the ass to get anywhere...if you live anywhere and need to use the highway to get somewhere it will suck for you.

So in long, yes - I dig Hollywood. Not my favorite place, but I'm part of the Hotel California...I've checked in and probably can never leave. ;)

fufuqifuqishahah
Feb 16th, 2007, 07:53 AM
i'm from so cal and have been here my whole life. i think its time for me to make a change though lol

Gonzo Hates Me!
Feb 16th, 2007, 08:24 AM
The first couple of years its great, interesting people everyone trying to "become something" or "create something" or achieve something" :D...

...Then the next couple of years you begin to hate everything you originally liked about it (especially when you see all the nepotism recipients passing you by in the job market) and dismiss it all as phony, shallow, every guy seems to be a hustler every chick a famewhore :(...

...Then hopefully the next couple of years you've finally "gotten in where you fit in" (play the game right and those nepotism recipients then hire you to actually do the work) and then you just kick back with amazement that this place really exists. :cool: By then you can harmonize the good and the bad; play the game or even better stop playing the game and be above it all. :smoke: I'm only tight with 2-4 of my original "non-rugby" friends from when I first got to town, but I've got some good friends more aquaintances...you always have to remember that a lot of these people fit the OJay's song "Backstabbers" - smile in your face, while their trying to take your place. :devil:

As an athlete the weather can't be beat. Whatever your sport there are people who are into it at a competitive level. I am always shocked when I walk outside and its raining...its that rare usually.

As a straight guy the women are the hottest on the planet; you like 'em in all colors/religions, homegirls, rich, punk, alt, preppie, sporty, business types - you name it they look better in Hollywood. But the flip side it true also, if you got by on looks "back East" that isn't going to work out so well in Hollywood unless your goal is just to be a "whore" (male or female); good looks aren't enough. ;) There are model types bagging my groceries. :lol: :tape: Plus all the best looking guys are G-A-Y so you don't even worry about it when good looking guys come into the party most likely they won't be interested in that chick you're trying to talk too :lol:

As a business person, even though I'm happy where I am, its nice to know that there is so much opportunity out there if you have "something real to offer". Of course if you're just peddling bullshit and good intentions you'll join a sea of millions with "good ideas" and no product.

As a social type with a variety of interests, its great that everything that you're into and most things that you might be curious about are here if you look hard enough for them. Obviously every movie plays in town (important to me :angel: ). Almost every band comes to town and a lot of them play small intimate venues (not as important to me as it used to be :sad: )

As an NFL fan I love that we don't have a team so the best games are always on TV (when I lived in NY/NJ we had to suffer through the suck ass Giant/Jet/Eagle games even when the rest of the country was watching the top teams play each other.

Worst part is that traffic just flat out sucks. If you live in one of the beach towns in South Bay its a real pain in the ass to get anywhere...if you live anywhere and need to use the highway to get somewhere it will suck for you.

So in long, yes - I dig Hollywood. Not my favorite place, but I'm part of the Hotel California...I've checked in and probably can never leave. ;)

Wow... I love this post... you're like, a guru

Gonzo Hates Me!
Feb 16th, 2007, 08:25 AM
I've checked in and probably can never leave. ;)

I am still #1 California Poseur :sad:. But I'll get there, and be one of those annoying people, chasing something. Maybe I'll hit the jackpot. I have to. It's in my plan... 'cause I don't see anything else

kiwifan
Feb 16th, 2007, 02:10 PM
Wow... I love this post... you're like, a guru

You flatter me at a time when I must "spread the rep around" so take this post as your official "green dot with a :cool:"

I originally came to LA to learn what I could for a few years about the Entertainment Industry and then I planned to head back East and try to duplicate "Hollywood" in Atlanta or Virginia or New Jersey...

...but like I said, it is the "Hotel California". :shrug:

Gonzo Hates Me!
Feb 16th, 2007, 07:10 PM
You flatter me at a time when I must "spread the rep around" so take this post as your official "green dot with a :cool:"

I originally came to LA to learn what I could for a few years about the Entertainment Industry and then I planned to head back East and try to duplicate "Hollywood" in Atlanta or Virginia or New Jersey...

...but like I said, it is the "Hotel California". :shrug:

interesting... what age did you go? what are you doing now?

tennisjunky
Feb 16th, 2007, 07:16 PM
SoCal, i'm a valley boy.

kiwifan
Feb 16th, 2007, 07:40 PM
interesting... what age did you go? what are you doing now? I went to Cali in the late 1990s (in my late 20s) and I'm an attorney and I work for a "Major" Production Company at one of the Studios (intentionally vague because I have stalkers ;) )

I'm in a great situation but its unique (good boss/decent pay/working on product that my family can brag to their friends about :cool: ). Most people in the Entertainment Industry work long hours for small pay...lots of abusive bosses - you'll need to have a thick skin because a lot of these fools are crazy. :lol: :tape:

RVD
Feb 16th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Ahhhhhhhh....... Kimochi...! :angel:

I can see 3 bridges (San Mateo, Bay Bridge, and the Golden Gate) from where I'm sitting [looking out a huge picture window] across from the beach. :D :worship:

You'd have to KILL me to get me to leave this place ! :armed: :lol:

Lemme put it this way...

...25 states are under several feet of snow, while we are currently enjoying 71° weather. :D :bounce:

Gonzo Hates Me!
Feb 16th, 2007, 09:37 PM
Ahhhhhhhh....... Kimochi...! :angel:

I can see 3 bridges (San Mateo, Bay Bridge, and the Golden Gate) from where I'm sitting [looking out a huge picture window] across from the beach. :D :worship:

You'd have to KILL me to get me to leave this place ! :armed: :lol:

wow, that sounds awesome! Where do you live? you live outside san fran on a mountain?

Gonzo Hates Me!
Feb 16th, 2007, 09:39 PM
I went to Cali in the late 1990s (in my late 20s) and I'm an attorney and I work for a "Major" Production Company at one of the Studios (intentionally vague because I have stalkers ;) )

I'm in a great situation but its unique (good boss/decent pay/working on product that my family can brag to their friends about :cool: ). Most people in the Entertainment Industry work long hours for small pay...lots of abusive bosses - you'll need to have a thick skin because a lot of these fools are crazy. :lol: :tape:

omigod, i want you... :eek: i mean, sorry, what i meant to say was, um... I want your life! Yeah, that's what I meant :tape:

RVD
Feb 16th, 2007, 10:17 PM

So in long, yes - I dig Hollywood. Not my favorite place, but I'm part of the Hotel California...I've checked in and probably can never leave. ;):worship: Man, you've got pretty much all of California pegged...except for the 'hood element [which we won't even talk about here]. :tape:

RVD
Feb 16th, 2007, 10:25 PM
wow, that sounds awesome! Where do you live? you live outside san fran on a mountain?A tiny community just emerging from the 1950s :tape: -- Alameda.
It's ridiculously expensive, but you can't beat the schools, location [right in the middle of EVERYTHING touristy], transportation, golfing, tennis, and pro-athlete-shoulder-rubbing ;) anywhere. :yeah:

Lefty.
Feb 16th, 2007, 10:39 PM
A tiny community just emerging from the 1950s :tape: -- Alameda.
It's ridiculously expensive, but you can't beat the schools, location [right in the middle of EVERYTHING touristy], transportation, golfing, tennis, and pro-athlete-shoulder-rubbing ;) anywhere. :yeah:

That's cool, I live pretty close by to you! :D

RVD
Feb 16th, 2007, 11:29 PM
That's cool, I live pretty close by to you! :D:D

RVD
Feb 16th, 2007, 11:37 PM
Hollywood. :cool:The last time I was in Hollywood, I saw this:
http://www.motorcyclebuzz.com/Images/Media/Motorcycle-Buzz/MediaCat275.jpg

Except, the chick was a sista, and the bike was a Honda. :lol: :cool:

kiwifan
Feb 17th, 2007, 12:07 AM
:worship: Man, you've got pretty much all of California pegged...except for the 'hood element [which we won't even talk about here]. :tape:

Did you see that special on "da hood" in SoCal?
The HBO Documentary, "Bastards of the Party".

One of my "Main Men" grew up in that world. What a trip. :eek:

So much violence and ignornance for so damn long. :sad:

After watching that, I've officially given up on "da hood" down here. :( I still have hope for individuals (I used to sponsor a youth team in Compton) but the big picture is :explode:

Great Doc though. :worship:

MrSerenaWilliams
Feb 17th, 2007, 12:10 AM

That's like 15 minutes from me :wavey::lol:

kiwifan
Feb 17th, 2007, 12:11 AM
The last time I was in Hollywood, I saw this:
http://www.motorcyclebuzz.com/Images/Media/Motorcycle-Buzz/MediaCat275.jpg

Except, the chick was a sista, and the bike was a Honda. :lol: :cool:

I see that every day (even in Winter) when I go to the Drug Store, the Taco Joint, work, the Mall. Black, White, Asian, Mexican, Persian, you name it!!! ;)

I think I posted in another thread, around Christmas time, about going to the Beverly Center and the Moms were as tricked out as their underage daughters. :haha: :haha: :tape: :tape: :tape:

hu2891601
Feb 17th, 2007, 12:24 AM

I live in Alameda too!!!! wow.. did you get my PM?

StarDuvallGrant
Feb 17th, 2007, 12:26 AM

:worship:

RVD
Feb 17th, 2007, 12:46 AM
Did you see that special on "da hood" in SoCal?
The HBO Documentary, "Bastards of the Party".

One of my "Main Men" grew up in that world. What a trip. :eek:

So much violence and ignornance for so damn long. :sad:

After watching that, I've officially given up on "da hood" down here. :( I still have hope for individuals (I used to sponsor a youth team in Compton) but the big picture is :explode:

Great Doc though. :worship:Sadly, I don't have HBO :sad: , But I can imagine since I grew up in a similar such environment. :scared:
:o
That's like 15 minutes from me :wavey::lol::wavey: I'm closer to more posters here than I first realized. :cool: I see that every day (even in Winter) when I go to the Drug Store, the Taco Joint, work, the Mall. Black, White, Asian, Mexican, Persian, you name it!!! ;)

I think I posted in another thread, around Christmas time, about going to the Beverly Center and the Moms were as tricked out as their underage daughters. :haha: :haha: :tape: :tape: :tape::haha: I recall reading that and wishing I could have been there to experience that. :worship:

RVD
Feb 17th, 2007, 01:03 AM
I live in Alameda too!!!! wow.. did you get my PM?It took me a while to open it [due to computer problems], but I got it and just sent a reply. :wavey:

No Name Face
Feb 17th, 2007, 01:04 AM
i'm probably heading out there after college to teach. i can't wait. someone will have to play tennis with me.

RVD
Feb 17th, 2007, 01:11 AM
i'm probably heading out there after college to teach. i can't wait. someone will have to play tennis with me.Kewl! I don't really play, myself. Just enough to look like a complete dweeb. :lol: However, you could scrimmage with the Alameda High School team, or play a few pick-up games at Lower Washington Park across the street from me. :cool:

Id offer you a place to stay, but wifie thinks everyone I meet over the net is a serial killer. :o :o

hu2891601
Feb 17th, 2007, 01:15 AM
i'm probably heading out there after college to teach. i can't wait. someone will have to play tennis with me.

umm... where do you live? hehe.

antonella
Feb 17th, 2007, 01:24 AM
All this thread is serving to do is to entice more ppl to move into our already overpopulated and hapless state, instead we should be telling ppl how horrible :fiery: :fiery: it is to live here. To begin.. everything is ridicously overpriced and you'll never be able to own a house in your lifetime unless you have to live in some Hell-hole such as Bakersfield; and don't bother having a family as the schools are the worst in the nation. And if you still chose to come please head South instead of North as Southern California is the most delightful and wonderful place to live in the World.

RVD
Feb 17th, 2007, 01:36 AM
All this thread is serving to do is to entice more ppl to move into our already overpopulated and hapless state, instead we should be telling ppl how horrible :fiery: :fiery: it is to live here. To begin.. everything is ridicously overpriced and you'll never be able to own a house in your lifetime unless you have to live in some Hell-hole such as Bakersfield; and don't bother having a family as the schools are the worst in the nation. And if you still chose to come please head South instead of North as Southern California is the most delightful and wonderful place to live in the World.DANG IT!!

And I was gonna mention Sonoma & Napa counties, and the Redwood Forest.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Feb 17th, 2007, 01:39 AM
North Hollywood whoop whooop, funny I just discovered this thread.

Martian KC
Feb 17th, 2007, 01:43 AM

I'm one of those on the east coast now.:lol: Miami, to be specific.;)

No Name Face
Feb 17th, 2007, 02:03 AM
umm... where do you live? hehe.

new york, baby. born and raised. i'm 21. :p

Kewl! I don't really play, myself. Just enough to look like a complete dweeb. :lol: However, you could scrimmage with the Alameda High School team, or play a few pick-up games at Lower Washington Park across the street from me. :cool:

I’d offer you a place to stay, but wifie thinks everyone I meet over the net is a serial killer. :o :o

haha, that'd be cool. but you wouldn't want me to stay with you for two years. ;)

if i head out there, we'll definitely have to meet for coffee (i don't drink it, but i'd find something ) or something.

hu2891601
Feb 17th, 2007, 02:10 AM
new york, baby. born and raised. i'm 21. :p

haha, that'd be cool. but you wouldn't want me to stay with you for two years. ;)

if i head out there, we'll definitely have to meet for coffee (i don't drink it, but i'd find something ) or something.

haha, if you do come here, we should meet too! haha, i live in the exact island city as ReeVeeDynasty! can you believe that? LOL and I went to Alameda High School... lol

MrSerenaWilliams
Feb 17th, 2007, 02:11 AM

:wavey: I'll play :yeah: Nor-Cal Rules :yeah:

hu2891601
Feb 17th, 2007, 02:13 AM
All this thread is serving to do is to entice more ppl to move into our already overpopulated and hapless state, instead we should be telling ppl how horrible :fiery: :fiery: it is to live here. To begin.. everything is ridicously overpriced and you'll never be able to own a house in your lifetime unless you have to live in some Hell-hole such as Bakersfield; and don't bother having a family as the schools are the worst in the nation. And if you still chose to come please head South instead of North as Southern California is the most delightful and wonderful place to live in the World.

Where are you in California??

lol, i agree with you on some of it, like the price, and the house!! like in my city, the most common houses are 600,000+!! and they're TINY! LOL, like the better or new ones... ONE MILLION! haha... the schools... depends, just the K12 isn't that great, but there are great ones, and the colleges in California are among the best!

hu2891601
Feb 17th, 2007, 02:16 AM
:wavey: I'll play :yeah: Nor-Cal Rules :yeah:

yupyup, i can join! but better be sometime during the summer or winter breaks, or the one-week breaks during semesters, hehe! haha. and better not laugh at my poor poor tennis skill! lol

MrSerenaWilliams
Feb 17th, 2007, 02:18 AM
:lol: agreed

antonella
Feb 17th, 2007, 02:30 AM
Where are you in California??

The Democratic People's Republic of Berkeley.

http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~dmitchc/p4p/posters/p53.jpeg

G1Player2
Feb 17th, 2007, 02:34 AM

Berkeley is insanely expensive.

Lefty.
Feb 17th, 2007, 02:44 AM
That's like 15 minutes from me :wavey::lol:

You live pretty close to me too! :lol:

G1Player2
Feb 17th, 2007, 02:46 AM
You live pretty close to me too! :lol:

Gosh, we all live within driving distance from one another. :eek:

antonella
Feb 17th, 2007, 02:49 AM
Berkeley is insanely expensive.

Yeah.. the expressions 'Berkeley' and 'insanity' seem to go together like hand and glove.

Lefty.
Feb 17th, 2007, 02:50 AM

That was such a thrill to read. :lol: Totally agree with the overpriced thing too. :tape: Even for tennis tickets, seriously. Some of the Tier II's here are more expensive than Miami. :help: And about the schools, the school I go to is pretty good. :lol: Granted, my family pays $28,000 a year for me to go there. :tape: But the housing thing is really true. :help: My cello teacher is selling the house he uses to conduct classes and inside is pretty banged up and etc, but it still went for over a million dollars and the place was pretty small too. :tape:

G1Player2
Feb 17th, 2007, 02:53 AM
Yeah.. the expressions 'Berkeley' and 'insanity' seem to go together like hand and glove.

I think it's because of the school why Berkeley is such a big city.

Lefty.
Feb 17th, 2007, 02:54 AM
Gosh, we all live within driving distance from one another. :eek:

Yeah, I know, we're like all in the same region. :lol:

hu2891601
Feb 17th, 2007, 03:00 AM

WHAT, you're in Berkeley, too???

*today's insane* lol

hu2891601
Feb 17th, 2007, 03:01 AM
interesting interesting thread.... wonder why we didn't have it earlier, LOL

hu2891601
Feb 17th, 2007, 03:02 AM
That was such a thrill to read. :lol: Totally agree with the overpriced thing too. :tape: Even for tennis tickets, seriously. Some of the Tier II's here are more expensive than Miami. :help: And about the schools, the school I go to is pretty good. :lol: Granted, my family pays $28,000 a year for me to go there. :tape: But the housing thing is really true. :help: My cello teacher is selling the house he uses to conduct classes and inside is pretty banged up and etc, but it still went for over a million dollars and the place was pretty small too. :tape:

and you play cello?!! :eek: :hearts: That's like my fav. instrument!! I play flute and piano, and I wanna learn playing cello later, when i have a job, i think? LOL, cello itself alone is ~$10,000! LOL

MrSerenaWilliams
Feb 17th, 2007, 03:08 AM
That's crazy that there's THIS many people in the Bay here :eek:

Lefty.
Feb 17th, 2007, 03:20 AM
and you play cello?!! :eek: :hearts: That's like my fav. instrument!! I play flute and piano, and I wanna learn playing cello later, when i have a job, i think? LOL, cello itself alone is ~$10,000! LOL

Yup. :D Well a pretty good one is $10,000. :p Mine is $10,000 because I plan for it to be my cello permanently. :) I did rent this pretty good one for my Paris trip and that was $1500 cello, so if you look, you can find good cellos that aren't very expensive. :D

Jeff
Feb 17th, 2007, 03:32 AM

:lol:

hu2891601
Feb 17th, 2007, 04:01 AM
Yup. :D Well a pretty good one is $10,000. :p Mine is $10,000 because I plan for it to be my cello permanently. :) I did rent this pretty good one for my Paris trip and that was $1500 cello, so if you look, you can find good cellos that aren't very expensive. :D

oh, that's COOL, hehe, i remembered that you're in HS right? any idea what college you gonna go? hehe

Lefty.
Feb 17th, 2007, 04:07 AM
oh, that's COOL, hehe, i remembered that you're in HS right? any idea what college you gonna go? hehe

Nah, not yet, i'm only in freshman year. :lol:

MrSerenaWilliams
Feb 17th, 2007, 04:08 AM
me 2 :lol: I thought you were older :eek:

hu2891601
Feb 17th, 2007, 04:14 AM
Nah, not yet, i'm only in freshman year. :lol:

oh, haha, that's cool.. i only know you're in HS, lol. you still have plenty of time, hehe.

Lefty.
Feb 17th, 2007, 04:19 AM
me 2 :lol: I thought you were older :eek:

Lol, different version of freshman though. :lol: Really? :p Ah, well some people have said that to me as well. :lol:

Lefty.
Feb 17th, 2007, 04:23 AM
oh, haha, that's cool.. i only know you're in HS, lol. you still have plenty of time, hehe.

Yeah, I don't really want to think about that already. :p

HeninFan001
Feb 17th, 2007, 05:35 AM
wohooo!! glad that i made this thread! didn't know so many people are in Cali!

oak66
Feb 17th, 2007, 05:49 AM
:wavey: I'm from the bay area...Oakland to be exact

Lefty.
Feb 17th, 2007, 05:51 AM
wohooo!! glad that i made this thread! didn't know so many people are in Cali!

Hopefully we can aim to be a chat thread at some point in the future. :devil:

RVD
Feb 17th, 2007, 06:42 AM
All this thread is serving to do is to entice more ppl to move into our already overpopulated and hapless state, instead we should be telling ppl how horrible :fiery: :fiery: it is to live here. To begin.. everything is ridicously overpriced and you'll never be able to own a house in your lifetime unless you have to live in some Hell-hole such as Bakersfield; and don't bother having a family as the schools are the worst in the nation. And if you still chose to come please head South instead of North as Southern California is the most delightful and wonderful place to live in the World.I didn't really address this post, so i'll do it now. :)

Yes, it's fairly overpopulated, and there's absolutely no way the transportation problem will ever be resolved in my lifetime. Highway 880, 80, and 17 are the worst in the nation.

The Bay Area ranks among the most expensive regions in the nation as well. However, the pay compensates nicely IF you are degreed are well-connected. :hehehe:

The housing price here is approx.. $600,000.000 - $5 Million. :eek:
Three homes recently built on my corner cost apprx $3 Million each. :eek: They're nice looking, but seem rather small...with no front yard, back yard, or side yard. Each has a shoulder-width narrow walkway. :tape:
So yeah, it's ridiculously expensive here.

Alameda has the highest number of schools per capita then any other city. I've always wondered why that was. It may have had something to do with the Navel Air Station that was stationed here. However, the city has closed a number of campuses since the Alameda Naval Air Station left. Still, they just completed construction of a new state-of-the-art school [Ruby Ridges] within a newly developed community at the old Air Base site. Also, on that same huge property, thousands more homes are slated to be built. These will also probably go for $1 Million and up as well.

I wouldn't necessarily call it a hell-hole [any longer]. :lol:
The community is finally embracing diversity. And though the racial make-up is still 52% White :eek: we all sorta get along okay. :angel:

But what I like about Alameda is that I’m within walking distance of EVERYTHING!! And it'll be even better when they finally complete that megaplex movie theater and the revamped South Shore Mall. :worship:

Have you guys been to the new Free Library!!! It's SLAMMIN!!
The only downside is it's right across the street from the Alameda Police Department. :lol:

RVD
Feb 17th, 2007, 06:49 AM
haha, that'd be cool. but you wouldn't want me to stay with you for two years. ;) :lol: Probably not. :lol: Besides, I have bad habits. :tape: J/K...:devil:
if i head out there, we'll definitely have to meet for coffee (i don't drink it, but i'd find something ) or something.:yeah: :yeah: There are a TON of coffee houses here! That and Bars... :tape:

RVD
Feb 17th, 2007, 06:51 AM

http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~dmitchc/p4p/posters/p53.jpeg:lol: I take it you don't like UC Berkeley very much? :tape:

The city itself is interesting....to say the least.
It attracts quite a few "unique" individuals. However, some of the greatest minds are attracted and spawn from the campus.

And I don't EVEN want to talk about the cost! Grrrr!!

Brett.
Feb 17th, 2007, 06:52 AM
I'm from Anaheim! :wavey:

MrSerenaWilliams
Feb 17th, 2007, 06:53 AM
:lol: I take it you don't like UC Berkeley very much? :tape:

The city itself is interesting....to say the least.
It attracts quite a few "unique" individuals. However, some of the greatest minds are attracted and spawn from the campus.

It sure is better than Hayward :o :lol:

RVD
Feb 17th, 2007, 07:05 AM
I'm from Anaheim! :wavey: Hey wazzup! :wavey: We loooove wup'n up on ya'll teams up in da 'Heim. :lol:

darrinbaker00
Feb 17th, 2007, 07:06 AM

The first time the missus and I went to the original Peet's Coffee on Cedar, I saw a guy outside rolling the BIGGEST joint I had ever seen; it made Fidel Castro's cigars look like Marlboros. I looked at Mrs. and said, "Did you SEE that?" She shrugged her shoulders and said, "Yeah, he's out here all the time." That was my first "Only in Berkeley" moment. ;)

RVD
Feb 17th, 2007, 07:11 AM
It sure is better than Hayward :o :lol:My little sister graduated from there with an accounting degree!!! :eek:
She HATED that school! :tape:

Brett.
Feb 17th, 2007, 07:11 AM
Hey wazzup! :wavey: We loooove wup'n up on ya'll teams up in da 'Heim. :lol:

I ride on those teacups in Disneyland everyday, for just in case if i can get a free cup of coffee or tea! :wavey:

Hollywood14
Feb 17th, 2007, 07:15 AM
HI :wavey: I live in Hollywood

RVD
Feb 17th, 2007, 07:17 AM
I ride on those teacups in Disneyland everyday, for just in case if i can get a free cup of coffee or tea! :wavey::haha:

RVD
Feb 17th, 2007, 07:19 AM
The first time the missus and I went to the original Peet's Coffee on Cedar, I saw a guy outside rolling the BIGGEST joint I had ever seen; it made Fidel Castro's cigars look like Marlboros. I looked at Mrs. and said, "Did you SEE that?" She shrugged her shoulders and said, "Yeah, he's out here all the time." That was my first "Only in Berkeley" moment. ;)Try checking out the Frat houses. Especially when they have house parties!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HeninFan001
Feb 17th, 2007, 07:51 AM
this is getting INTERESTING!!

Brett.
Feb 17th, 2007, 07:53 AM
:haha:

Seriously, I do! :D ;)

darrinbaker00
Feb 17th, 2007, 08:06 AM
Try checking out the Frat houses. Especially when they have house parties!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll pass on that, thank you very much.....

Jakeev
Feb 17th, 2007, 08:14 AM
I'm from Anaheim! :wavey:

Anaheim Hills!!:wavey:

Brett.
Feb 17th, 2007, 08:25 AM
Anaheim Hills!!:wavey:

:lol: :haha:

nflatte
Feb 18th, 2007, 01:49 AM
I wish I was living near Lindsay in Laguna Beach :angel:

Sir Stefwhit
Feb 18th, 2007, 03:47 AM
I'm from the O.C- Anaheim, about 10 blocks from Disneyland. Those damn fireworks every night drive me crazy!

Jakeev
Feb 18th, 2007, 05:57 AM
I'm from the O.C- Anaheim, about 10 blocks from Disneyland. Those damn fireworks every night drive me crazy!

LOL but that's part of the charm!!!

nflatte
Mar 14th, 2007, 07:13 AM
In an effort to revive this thread, I would like fellow Californians to name some of our favorite chain restaurants/fastfood.

I'll name In-N-Out :D

kiwifan
Mar 14th, 2007, 08:00 AM
I think most chains are national these days (In-N-Out and Tommy's probably being the exceptions)...I eat a lot at the Bev Center's Panda Express and Steak N Potato (or whatever the name of it is). Love the Brazillian place and a couple of other places at the Farmer's Market.

I wish other places made Pizza as well as Damiano's because they're so damn expensive (closest to East Coast Pizza you'll find, although the Pizza Joint on the Promenade in Santa Monica ain't bad). Eat A Pita looks closed for business which is a shame, I saw Flea there last year and I used to eat there at least 3 times a month. I went to Chin Chin's (Sunset Plaza) for Chinese yesterday, saw Kendra from the Girls Next Door and another Playmate, she's a friend of a friend so that was :cool: What else can I name; All American Burger and Baha Fresh get some love from your's truly.

Beyond that, you're back to Wendy's and McDonald's and Taco Smell, I guess.

G1Player2
Mar 15th, 2007, 08:36 PM
I think most chains are national these days (In-N-Out and Tommy's probably being the exceptions)...I eat a lot at the Bev Center's Panda Express and Steak N Potato (or whatever the name of it is). Love the Brazillian place and a couple of other places at the Farmer's Market.

I wish other places made Pizza as well as Damiano's because they're so damn expensive (closest to East Coast Pizza you'll find, although the Pizza Joint on the Promenade in Santa Monica ain't bad). Eat A Pita looks closed for business which is a shame, I saw Flea there last year and I used to eat there at least 3 times a month. I went to Chin Chin's (Sunset Plaza) for Chinese yesterday, saw Kendra from the Girls Next Door and another Playmate, she's a friend of a friend so that was :cool: What else can I name; All American Burger and Baha Fresh get some love from your's truly.

Beyond that, you're back to Wendy's and McDonald's and Taco Smell, I guess.

:lol: In-N-Out is great but that's a horrible name for it because you are never In-N-Out. The Drive-thru is ridiculous all the time. :rolleyes: But Baja Fresh is disgusting to me. Hmmm, doesn't seem like much of a variety where you are at and I thought you were from the upscale area. :shrug:

samsung101
Mar 15th, 2007, 10:09 PM
In-N-Out.
Tommy's is good too.
Hot Dog On A Stick.
El Taco.
Bristol Farms deli.

antonella
Mar 15th, 2007, 10:20 PM
:lol: In-N-Out is great but that's a horrible name for it because you are never In-N-Out.

I believe the expression is in reference to the digestive system. ;)

RVD
Mar 15th, 2007, 10:42 PM
Restuarants:
Scott's Seafood Restaurant: Best seafood plates around, plus many professional football, baseball, and basketball players frequent it, and they have live music. OVERLOOKS THE BAY! :worship:
Yoshi's: Japanese Restaurant & World Class Jazz House!! :worship:
Kincaid's Bayhouse : Prime Rib steaks, chops and fresh seafood. They have by far the best 'sauce' dishes!!! In fact, I'd say that the cuisine here is the best of all that I've listed. It also OVERLOOKS THE BAY! :worship:
Black Angus Great steaks at a great price!!

Fast Food Joints:
NATIONS BURGERS - You just can't beat 'em. The things are HUUUGE and they always use thick cuts of onions, tomatoes, and cheese slices. Plus, their fries are major thick-cuts. :worship:

Next, in no particular order:

In-N-Out But their fries are always horribly dry. BLECH! However, when you do order a burger, get it ANIMAL STYLE!! :drool: :lick:

Subways: They make the best and healthiest sandwiches on the West Coast, imho. IF you're looking for fast food sandwiches.

kiwifan
Mar 15th, 2007, 11:53 PM
:lol: In-N-Out is great but that's a horrible name for it because you are never In-N-Out. The Drive-thru is ridiculous all the time. :rolleyes: But Baja Fresh is disgusting to me. Hmmm, doesn't seem like much of a variety where you are at and I thought you were from the upscale area. :shrug:

Gee, thanks for sharing. :rolleyes:

The question was about "fast food" and you don't seem to be adding to the conversation, just nitpicking. :shrug:

Almost every famous place they have Hollywood parties is in my neighborhood, Spago, Il Sole, Le Dome, etc... ;) probably every decent Celeb place is within 10 miles of me. :cool:

M2k
Mar 16th, 2007, 12:52 AM
live in some Hell-hole such as Bakersfield.

...I live in Bakersfield :tape: not a hell-hole at all.

perhaps you mean Oildale a.k.a white trash nation :tape:

MrSerenaWilliams
Mar 16th, 2007, 01:55 AM
East Bay :wavey::lol:

G1Player2
Mar 16th, 2007, 01:58 AM
Gee, thanks for sharing. :rolleyes:

The question was about "fast food" and you don't seem to be adding to the conversation, just nitpicking. :shrug:

Almost every famous place they have Hollywood parties is in my neighborhood, Spago, Il Sole, Le Dome, etc... ;) probably every decent Celeb place is within 10 miles of me. :cool:

I know it was about fast food idiot :weirdo:, which is why I was surprised they didn't have more of a variety considering where you're from. (You brag about it so much that it's permanently engrained in my long term memory.) I figured there might be things like Sonic, Mel's Diner, Coyote Sam's, Checkers, etc. Less mainstream fastfood restaurants but just as good or better. I just thought that maybe down there they wouldn't have the same run-of-the-mill boring McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's etc. And how am I nitpicking? I just said I did not like Baja Fresh and that In-N-Out was a very ironic name for the franchise. :shrug:

I am not going to let you try to call me out and me not say anything. We've always been cordial so this surprised me and virtually came out of nowhere. :rolleyes:

kiwifan
Mar 16th, 2007, 05:45 AM
I know it was about fast food idiot :weirdo: [damn, a personal insult, I'm hurt], which is why I was surprised they didn't have more of a variety considering where you're from. (You brag about it so much that it's permanently engrained in my long term memory.) I figured there might be things like Sonic, Mel's Diner, Coyote Sam's, Checkers, etc. Less mainstream fastfood restaurants but just as good or better. I just thought that maybe down there they wouldn't have the same run-of-the-mill boring McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's etc. And how am I nitpicking? I just said I did not like Baja Fresh and that In-N-Out was a very ironic name for the franchise ["asked and answered ;)" and add the 'doesn't seem like much variety' comment too, like I'm here to list every place in the phonebook for you]. :shrug:

I am not going to let you try to call me out and me not say anything. We've always been cordial so this surprised me and virtually came out of nowhere. :rolleyes:

You have no choice in what you'll let me do. :lol:

Well at least this time you did say something, dumbass (see idiot comment above and incorporate the traditional rubber/glue defense)...

...so now I can sincerely say, "thanks for sharing"; instead of just nitpicking like a typical WTAworld jerk when all I did was name some fucking local fast food joints. :angel:

Cheers - :cool:

antonella
Mar 16th, 2007, 06:01 AM
...I live in Bakersfield :tape: not a hell-hole at all. perhaps you mean Oildale a.k.a white trash nation :tape:

So sowrie :sad: , I had a momentary mental lapse, I really meant to say Kettelman City:

http://www.insidegretchenshead.com/images/pictures/VegasFeb2003/photos/IMG_0588.JPG

G1Player2
Mar 16th, 2007, 06:04 AM
You have no choice in what you'll let me do. :lol:

Well at least this time you did say something, dumbass (see idiot comment above and incorporate the traditional rubber/glue defense)...

...so now I can sincerely say, "thanks for sharing"; instead of just nitpicking like a typical WTAworld jerk when all I did was name some fucking local fast food joints. :angel:

Cheers - :cool:

What? :weirdo: This was one of the most incoherent posts I've probably ever read here. I have no idea what you are talking about. Not that you're not intelligent, but maybe you should cool down on the colored font and maybe people would take your posts more seriously :lol: Alot of pizazz, but no fire.

Getting back to the topic at hand, you called me out, and I defended myself. I have no idea what would make you attack me like this.

Lefty.
Mar 16th, 2007, 06:04 AM
Subways: They make the best and healthiest sandwiches on the West Coast, imho. IF you're looking for fast food sandwiches.

Interesting; I have always preferred Quiznos to Subway for some reason. :lol:

hu2891601
Mar 16th, 2007, 08:04 AM
LOL, Quiznos and Subways are basically the same to me, they both have sandwiches, that's all, lol.

and Kimmie Meissner (if any of you know who she is) is doing a commercial for the Subways, haha, and i saw it on TV, it's awesome, just love kimmie! :p

MrSerenaWilliams
Mar 16th, 2007, 08:08 AM
SO not the same...

Quizno's = Serena Williams
Subway = Patty Schnyder

both do the same thing, both good, but one is CONSIDERABLY better.

Lefty.
Mar 18th, 2007, 02:52 AM
SO not the same...

Quizno's = Serena Williams
Subway = Patty Schnyder

both do the same thing, both good, but one is CONSIDERABLY better.

:lol:

I think rolling it through the heating rack does wonders for the sandwich. :lick:

On another note, anybody seen the gas prices lately? :o :bolt: :help: