PDA

View Full Version : HIV+ hooker has campus on edge

*JR*
Feb 13th, 2007, 01:39 AM
Posted on Mon, Feb. 12, 2007

By CHRISTINE OLLEY & DIANA HUYNH
(phillynews.com)

Cheyney University is on edge after the arrest of a woman who school police said had been soliciting students for sex and indicated to cops she was HIV-positive.

Sakinah Floyd, 36, of Upper Darby, was arrested Thursday night by university police on prostitution charges, according to Joseph Brielmann, spokesman for the Delaware County district attorney's office.

A statement from Cheyney University said the woman visited two dorms - Truth and Yarnell halls - on the school's Delaware County campus.

While in police custody, she indicated that she is HIV-positive, something that has students all over campus very nervous.

"We're just worried that it will cast a negative light on the university. And we are especially worried about the welfare of the people here on campus," said one female student, who didn't give her name.

The girl, a resident of King Hall, said all the students in her dorm are taking advantage of the free testing.

"Safe sex is always the best sex," the female student added. "I feel bad for everybody else though, especially for the females on campus with boyfriends who may have been creeping around - there is no way for them to know."

A male student, who declined to give his name, said yesterday that tension was very high among his classmates after news spread quickly.

Yesterday, some students - angered over the negative publicity surrounding the incident - yelled and cursed at reporters.

"Everybody is scared right now, but really to be honest, what I would like to see is more unity and more intelligence when people make decisions because it's bad and it really makes us look bad," said the male student, 21.

Students said they learned of the incident Thursday night through fliers that were passed out on campus.

Campus officials are urging anyone who might have had sexual contact with the woman to seek medical treatment and HIV/AIDS testing, which the university is offering at no cost.

Brielmann said that Floyd has been charged with two counts of prostitution, aggravated assault, open lewdness, recklessly endangering another person, and disorderly conduct involving at least two Cheyney students.

Floyd is being held at the George W. Hill Correctional Facility on $30,000 bail. A preliminary hearing is expected this week.

Wannabeknowitall
Feb 13th, 2007, 01:55 AM
Nervous?
I know there are some older people that go to Cheyney but usually those older people are there for one thing, education.
They had to know she was a prostitute.

If you don't use protection with a hooker in this day and age, then you're basically playing Russian Roulette.

*JR*
Feb 13th, 2007, 12:53 PM
She was presumably soliciting kids young enough 2B her children. :o

Monica_Rules
Feb 13th, 2007, 02:31 PM
Which student in their right mind would use a prosie:o :rolleyes:

harloo
Feb 13th, 2007, 02:43 PM
What are they nervous for? Anyone who has unprotected sex with a prostitute deserves whatever they recieve, that's playing with your life.:rolleyes:

Gerri
Feb 13th, 2007, 03:01 PM
What are they nervous for? Anyone who has unprotected sex with a prostitute deserves whatever they recieve, that's playing with your life.:rolleyes:

I agree. If any student has contracted HIV from her it's their own fault. People really need to take responsibility for their actions.

Mother_Marjorie
Feb 13th, 2007, 03:56 PM
I agree. If any student has contracted HIV from her it's their own fault. People really need to take responsibility for their actions.
But on the flip-side of that coin, there are many laws across the US which mandate that anyone who is HIV+ has a legal obligation to inform their partner before having sex of their HIV status.

The prostitute knew she was HIV+ and failed to tell her tricks. That burden lies directly on her.

However, I do agree that dual responsibility and personal responsibility should prevail.

Kart
Feb 13th, 2007, 05:50 PM
Anyone who has unprotected sex with a prostitute deserves whatever they recieve, that's playing with your life.:rolleyes:

That's a bit harsh isn't it ?

I know it's a stupid thing to do but people make mistakes all the time - particularly impressionable students.

Reuchlin
Feb 13th, 2007, 08:29 PM
But on the flip-side of that coin, there are many laws across the US which mandate that anyone who is HIV+ has a legal obligation to inform their partner before having sex of their HIV status.

The prostitute knew she was HIV+ and failed to tell her tricks. That burden lies directly on her.

However, I do agree that dual responsibility and personal responsibility should prevail.

:help: :help:

I think you've over-thought this one!

*JR*
Feb 13th, 2007, 09:17 PM
Nervous?
I know there are some older people that go to Cheyney but usually those older people are there for one thing, education.
They had to know she was a prostitute.

If you don't use protection with a hooker in this day and age, then you're basically playing Russian Roulette.
Confession: I heard this on a Philly station yesterday, and posted the link mainly 2C what you would say. ;) (Which I agree with, though the Russian Roulette obviously goes beyond hookers). I just wonder why the bitch err, prostitute targeted a college campus, unless she was a part-time student there or something. (As the story mentioned specific dorms, I doubt the whore err, hooker's clients were likely the older students you mentioned).
:confused:

Wannabeknowitall
Feb 14th, 2007, 01:04 AM
Confession: I heard this on a Philly station yesterday, and posted the link mainly 2C what you would say. ;) (Which I agree with, though the Russian Roulette obviously goes beyond hookers). I just wonder why the bitch err, prostitute targeted a college campus, unless she was a part-time student there or something. (As the story mentioned specific dorms, I doubt the whore err, hooker's clients were likely the older students you mentioned).

I mentioned the thing about older student because they usually don't have time for :bs:.
I didn't mention them because I thought they were her clients.

She might have been a part time student.
I have been able to get in and out of most college in Philly so maybe she wasn't.
The article doesn't mention her to be a student.

The article does mention that she's from Upper Darby.
There's no good dick there if we're talking sexual.
Also I'm sure you've watched Philadelphia.
You see Tom Hanks in the gay theatre and I'm not saying all but some who go there know they are HIV + and go there with the intention of having sex without telling people they're HIV + and not having to worry about it coming back close to home.
The same thing could apply here.
Also she's a hooker.
Now if you happen to be in an area prominent with chickenheads they have their own way they operate.
Usually if they're feening for dick, they'll give it up to anyone whose got the dick or the looks and make those pay who don't.
From the responses from the students that actually did respond, it appears that this women might have let a group(s) of students run a train on her.

SelesFan70
Feb 14th, 2007, 01:15 AM

IRONY!