PDA

View Full Version : 13/02/07 - Monty (my cat) died @ 7:41pm - Thanks everyone for your condolences!

Brett.
Feb 12th, 2007, 11:46 PM
I have made one of the toughest decision in my life that i have to put my cat (Monty) down tonight! Its very emotional and depressing for me. A reason that i have to do it because he's very sick and i don't like seeing him in agony which hurts my heart. Its much better to put him down because i want to do it for him to be in peace. Peace is an important word. :sad: :sad:

I took him to the vet like two weeks ago, just to have a check-ups about his wound on his head which was disease coming from a possum! Thats bastard. And other thing that he was very healthy inside his body, then now what has happens that he went blind and deaf. I just don't understand! Its definitely hurts my heart! :sobbing: :sobbing:

I just love him to death and he is only 105 years old (15 years old) and i guess thats pretty old! I feels sorry for him. :sad:

Have you ever done that to your pet? What does it feels like when you lost a pet of yours?

If you have read this far, and thanks for reading it and i will appreciate your condolence. :)

iPatty
Feb 12th, 2007, 11:47 PM
my cats are getting pretty old now.

i really hope i won't have to put them asleep and they can live forever. :sad:

i do truly feel sorry for you. :hug:

Brett.
Feb 12th, 2007, 11:50 PM
my cats are getting pretty old now.

i really hope i won't have to put them asleep and they can live forever. :sad:

i do truly feel sorry for you. :hug:

Thanks for your condolence, and i do wish that animals can live forever just like human! And its so unfair to die just before 20!

frenchie
Feb 12th, 2007, 11:53 PM
OMG!! You have my support
This is a bad time to get through

My dog is nearly 13 and she's blind. It hurts so much to see these poor little things ill or hurt.

:sad: :kiss:

BigB08822
Feb 12th, 2007, 11:56 PM
OMG I am so so so sorry! (((HUGS))) I have a cat and she is my everything and I can not imagine having to put her down. I dread that day. Just know that you are doing what is best for your dear kitty and he will no longer be in pain.

One thing I truly believe in is that if there is indeed a heaven, our animals will be there waiting for us. How could there possibly be a heaven without animals. :)

tennismaster8820
Feb 13th, 2007, 12:03 AM
I guess you did a right thing!
I had a :cat:, also very old and she got poisoned and there was a chance she might get better and I had to watch her suffer till the end!
It was such an agony!
:sad: :sobbing:

!<blocparty>!
Feb 13th, 2007, 12:09 AM
He was 105 years old?

WhatTheDeuce
Feb 13th, 2007, 12:12 AM
Sorry to hear that Brettles. :sobbing:

I'll probably just kill myself when my dog dies.

You dont do that though.

Erika_Angel
Feb 13th, 2007, 12:22 AM
:hug: It was the best thing for your cat though. Now in kitty heaven.

15 isn't 105 in cat years though lol. The whole 1=7 thing isn't true. A 15 year old cat is similar to 76 years old. Many cats live upwards to 20 (My cat lived to 20.5) which would be 140 in the 1=7 thingo but really it is about 95.

The oldest cat lived to 36 years old, which is 160 in cat years.

Brett.
Feb 13th, 2007, 12:26 AM
:hug: It was the best thing for your cat though. Now in kitty heaven.

15 isn't 105 in cat years though lol. The whole 1=7 thing isn't true. A 15 year old cat is similar to 76 years old. Many cats live upwards to 20 (My cat lived to 20.5) which would be 140 in the 1=7 thingo but really it is about 95.

The oldest cat lived to 36 years old, which is 160 in cat years.

Thanks for those information and i was told that you have multiply by 7! So i guess its wrong! 76 years old seems pretty old for cats in their years. And thank for your condolence! :) I hope he will have a good life in heaven!

Dementieva_Dude
Feb 13th, 2007, 12:38 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your cat :hug: ...it's always tough saying bye to pets, since they become such a big part of our lives. You did the best thing for your cat, though, by ending the suffering.

Blu€
Feb 13th, 2007, 12:59 AM
Sorry to hear that Brettles. :sobbing:

I'll probably just kill myself when my dog dies.

You dont do that though.

:rolleyes: That's radical !

Brett.
Feb 13th, 2007, 02:53 AM
4 hours and a half to go! I don't want to wait! Its too harsh

SzavayFi
Feb 13th, 2007, 03:00 AM
im sorry about monty :hug: things will be alright. our cat is 14, but she hasnt even set foot in our house, she is a wild animal that prowls the yard. we dont even feed her anymore, i dunno how she is still living :scared:

Derek.
Feb 13th, 2007, 03:04 AM
I'm sorry. :hug:

Possums are so gross. :o

My grandparents caught three of them in their backyard. :help:

I saw two of them up close in the cage. :unsure:

Trying to show their teeth and their claws. :scared:

myxomatosis
Feb 13th, 2007, 03:04 AM
Awww Brett I'm so sorry. :hug:
We had to put my dog down just after Christmas so I know how you're feeling right now. Hang in there buddy, it's so tough at first, but it gets better once you start remembering all the good memories. :hug:

drake3781
Feb 13th, 2007, 03:15 AM
4 hours and a half to go! I don't want to wait! Its too harsh

Oh, so you have an appointment and it is still coming up? :eek:

I didn't realize. That must be very, very hard.

Can you just spend the last few hours cuddling with him? He will really like that. :hugs:

Brett.
Feb 13th, 2007, 03:21 AM
Oh, so you have an appointment and it is still coming up? :eek:

I didn't realize. That must be very, very hard.

Can you just spend the last few hours cuddling with him? He will really like that. :hugs:

Yes, i was spending few hours to be with, and everytime when he bump into a wall or anything then i cried too much everytime! Its so sad to see him that he can't see anything! :sad:

Yes, we made an appointment to the vet to set him down, and then he will die peacefully! I am not looking forward to not seeing him anymore! I love spending time with him!

Awww Brett I'm so sorry. :hug:
We had to put my dog down just after Christmas so I know how you're feeling right now. Hang in there buddy, it's so tough at first, but it gets better once you start remembering all the good memories. :hug:

Thanks Laura, I appreciated your condolence, and yes i had so many good memories, even when i got him for my 5th birthday present from my Aunty when he came out of the box and start running around the house! I will never forget that one! :)

I'm sorry. :hug:

Possums are so gross. :o

My grandparents caught three of them in their backyard. :help:

I saw two of them up close in the cage. :unsure:

Trying to show their teeth and their claws. :scared:

Yes, they are gross even when my dad caught a possum from his unit, and its was quite scary! :lol: Even trying to show their teeth and claws! I was quite petrified!

Erika_Angel
Feb 13th, 2007, 03:31 AM
oh I didn't realize he wasn't already put down either.

You know cat's can live fine if they are blind, you don't have to put him down if that is the only reason. You just have to care for him/her a little more.

Brett.
Feb 13th, 2007, 03:36 AM
oh I didn't realize he wasn't already put down either.

You know cat's can live fine if they are blind, you don't have to put him down if that is the only reason. You just have to care for him/her a little more.

Yes, I know but we took him to the vet yesterday afternoon and told me that he will die soon and is in agony! So i made a decision!

Erika_Angel
Feb 13th, 2007, 03:37 AM
Yes, I know but we took him to the vet yesterday afternoon and told me that he will die soon and is in agony! So i made a decision!

ok then :hug:

skanky~skanketta
Feb 13th, 2007, 04:24 AM
i'm really sorry. truly.

Brett.
Feb 13th, 2007, 04:25 AM
i'm really sorry. truly.

:hug:

SzavayFi
Feb 13th, 2007, 04:25 AM
i like possums. but the one that bit your kitty is definately a nasty lil shit. :(

McQuest
Feb 13th, 2007, 05:56 AM
Yes, Brett, I have had to make that decision three times already and each has been more devastating than the one before it, but once it's over the peace will come in time. And you will remember all the silly things that Monty did, all of the fun you had with him, how much love and affection he has given you over the years, and he will thank you for helping him to be rid of his pain and suffering. So, stay strong, and help Monty with this last noble act, and he will love you forever.

kittyking
Feb 13th, 2007, 06:21 AM
Sorry to hear about this

Drake1980
Feb 13th, 2007, 06:23 AM
:hug::hug::hug:

Andy.
Feb 13th, 2007, 06:41 AM
Thats really sad :sad: but you did the right thing :hug: I love my cat too and will be really sad when I have to do the same thing :awww:

matthias
Feb 13th, 2007, 07:27 AM
i´m really sorry for you, it is hard to make such a decision
my dog is 14 years old now, and i have the feeling it dosen´t take long until i have to make such a decision too.

Hayato
Feb 13th, 2007, 07:45 AM
I know how you feel mate :sad: :hug: Not only because I had to put down my cat about 2 years ago but also because his name was Monty too. It was for a different reason though- he was wild and often attacked my other cat and was on medication :lol: but it wasn't working. :sad: I cried for weeks.

You did the right thing :hug: He's not suffering anymore.

hdfb
Feb 13th, 2007, 08:58 AM
So sorry to hear that... :hug: It's never easy to make such decisions and props to you for making one. I hope you give your cat a nice farewell. :hug:

fnuf7
Feb 13th, 2007, 09:08 AM
:hug: :awww:

I know how you feel, I had to have one of my cats put down a few weeks ago after a very suddden illness. He literally went from being fine to 2-3 weeks later having to be put down :sad: The comforting fact was that it truly was the best thing for him as it ended his suffering and there was no way he was going to recover. I actually remember when we took him to the vet for the injection that it was actually strangely nice when it happened as his body had been very tense etc and you literally felt the muscles all relax as he passed away so it was 'nice' (if you can call it that!) to feel all the pain/stress etc leave his body so he was in peace again.

It is a horrid decision though so I hope you are ok :hug: Just remember all the good times and be thankful that your cat has had a nice life and that he is no longer suffering. :)

:cat:

Kim's_fan_4ever
Feb 13th, 2007, 09:11 AM
It was the best thing you could do :hug:
Some years ago I had to put asleep one of my cats, she was very ill and the vet could do nothing to help her :sobbing:
Recently I've lost 2 of my beloved cats and now the other one hurt his foot and he can barely move now but I can't help him, he's got wilder recently and I can't catch him :sobbing:
It's hard to see when your cats are sick or it's time for them to go :sobbing:

LDF
Feb 13th, 2007, 09:17 AM
:sad: So sorry to hear that :hug:

My dog's getting pretty old now and I'm dreading the day that he passes away :awww:

Sonja
Feb 13th, 2007, 01:58 PM
:sad: So sorry you are going through this. I too did this a couple of years ago. It was the right decision and I feel at peace with the decision itself, but I still miss Darian dearly. I hope your baby goes peacefully.

I have the comfort of knowing that Darian had a fabulous spoiled life and was adored. Like McQuest said earlier, I think back about all the silly things he did with fondness.

He can never be replaced, but it helped me to heal by getting a couple other furry attention whores to give that same excellent life to. By caring for them it helped me divert my mind a bit, and bit by bit, these furry things and I are building into a Darian sized relationship.

Brett.
Feb 13th, 2007, 10:11 PM
Oh thank you everyone for giving me a :hug:! Yes, he died at 7:41pm last night, and I couldn't believe that he was going to collapse after giving a green injection. I began to cry and cry! And i did cry like a girl! :lol::sad:

I really appreciated your condolences! :hug:

drake3781
Feb 14th, 2007, 01:14 AM
:tears:

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 14th, 2007, 01:32 AM
Brettles :hug:

Brett.
Feb 14th, 2007, 02:43 AM
:tears:

Brettles :hug:

Thanks Heath! :hug:

CooCooCachoo
Feb 14th, 2007, 07:06 AM
Poor Brettles :hug: But it is better for your cat anyway :hug:

ceiling_fan
Feb 14th, 2007, 08:41 AM
You made the right decision :hug:

Your cat lived a long life aswell.. just hope you have lots of memories. :awww:

furrykitten
Feb 14th, 2007, 08:49 AM
Sorry Brettles :hug:

Evey
Feb 14th, 2007, 08:58 AM
so sorry about your cat :hug:

keirana332
Feb 14th, 2007, 10:34 AM
I'm sorry about ur cat
i had to put down my dog a few months ago and its like losing a kid

Just Do It
Feb 14th, 2007, 01:03 PM
oh .... :hug:

Hagar
Feb 14th, 2007, 01:06 PM
My condolences. If the cat cannot be cured and is in pain, it is the best thing you can do. 15 years is a respectable age for a cat.
A long time ago, I had a cat and also had the vet put it down because some bastard in the neighbourhood had poisoned it. My cat liked to hunt and came home a couple of times with a pigeon. So probably one of the pigeon owners must have poisoned the cat.
I went to vet when my cat started losing blood and apparently that is a typical symptom when they have been poisened. The poison causes internal bleeding... In one day the cat turned from a very lively and dynamic animal into a heap of misery. Her fur become very dull, she did not eat and she was sometimes moaning with pain (man, that moan was harrowing).

The person who poisoned my cat does not want to meet me!

Kitten63
Feb 14th, 2007, 08:53 PM
I'm so sorry,that poor cat.
I had a little kitten who died a few months ago, it was just so sad.

Brett.
Feb 15th, 2007, 12:19 AM
Thanks everyone for accepting my toughest decision! :wavey: I am doing fine at the moment and its does feel like losing a kid! I sat in front of his grave in my backyard, just behind my swimming pool! Good spot with a gravestone about my cat which was really cute! :awww:

It just hard to believe that he is just under the ground! :awww:

My condolences. If the cat cannot be cured and is in pain, it is the best thing you can do. 15 years is a respectable age for a cat.
A long time ago, I had a cat and also had the vet put it down because some bastard in the neighbourhood had poisoned it. My cat liked to hunt and came home a couple of times with a pigeon. So probably one of the pigeon owners must have poisoned the cat.
I went to vet when my cat started losing blood and apparently that is a typical symptom when they have been poisened. The poison causes internal bleeding... In one day the cat turned from a very lively and dynamic animal into a heap of misery. Her fur become very dull, she did not eat and she was sometimes moaning with pain (man, that moan was harrowing).

The person who poisoned my cat does not want to meet me!

That's pretty sad! :sad: :awww: