PDA

View Full Version : YouTube to offer old TV programs

Rocketta
Feb 12th, 2007, 10:10 PM
YouTube to offer old TV programs

Mon Feb 12, 12:45 PM ET

YouTube, the popular online video sharing site owned by Google Inc., has signed a deal with Digital Music Group Inc. to offer such 1960s U.S. television programs as "I Spy" and "My Favourite Martian."

Digital Music said on Monday the deal also includes an agreement to allow certain music, for which it controls the rights, to be used in users' videos uploaded to YouTube.

Digital Music owns publishing or distribution rights to over 40,000 music recordings and over 4,000 hours of video content including television shows and films. The two-year-old company has online partnerships with Apple Inc.'s. iTunes Music Store, Napster Inc. and Wal-Mart.
YouTube has been under pressure recently from content owners such as Viacom Inc., which last week asked it to pull down over 100,000 of Viacom's videos illegally posted by users.

But YouTube has also signed deals with music companies including Warner Music Group, Universal Music Group and Sony BMG Music Entertainment that will allow consumers to use some of their music in the creation of videos.

harloo
Feb 12th, 2007, 11:56 PM
Youtube is so whack now, over half of my favorite videos were deleted. I especially hated they deleted Maxwell's MTV live performance of "This Woman's Work", and the Clark Sisters videos I loved.:fiery:

Reuchlin
Feb 13th, 2007, 01:49 AM
they're deleting everything....

Rocketta
Feb 13th, 2007, 04:55 PM
yeah it's a bummer but the upside is that someone will take it's place, probably. ;)

Avid Merrion
Feb 13th, 2007, 05:13 PM
yeah, YouTube has been getting steadily worse since Google bought them out :(

canoe.
Feb 13th, 2007, 05:30 PM
I rarely go there anymore, and those two shows won't make me return anytime soon. Youtube is full of ppl, who for some reason, want to upload videos of themselves taking a crap, or picking their nose, or stupid drunk straight girls sticking their tongues down some other girls throat. It's SHIT!