PDA

View Full Version : Wozniacki, Lucic, Osterloh gets IW Wildcards!

Jorn
Feb 12th, 2007, 04:52 PM
Hi,

9 MD wildcards and 6 Qualies WCs to give out, but who get them? :wavey:

Its reported in danish news Papers and Websites Caroline Wozniacki get a wildcard!

Is it likely Caroline will get 3 wildcards into IW, Miami and Memphis? as also reported in the papers...

If yes her Agents/Managers SFX do a great job!! :worship:

kittyking
Feb 13th, 2007, 08:50 AM
I understand that Ashley Weinhold is in the running to get a quali wildcard :woohoo:

TheBoiledEgg
Feb 13th, 2007, 10:58 AM
Hi,

9 MD wildcards and 6 Qualies WCs to give out, but who get them? :wavey:

Its reported in danish news Papers and Websites Caroline Wozniacki get a wildcard, (we just don't know if Quali or MD)

Is it likely Caroline will get 3 wildcards into IW, Miami and Memphis? as also reported in the papers...

If yes her Agents/Managers SFX do a great job!! :worship:

SFX player getting a WC into IMG tournament (Miami) :eek: :eek:

Jorn
Feb 13th, 2007, 02:09 PM
SFX player getting a WC into IMG tournament (Miami) :eek: :eek:
You don't think she get's a Quali wildcard into Miami?

(It can be wrong info posted by danish news papers....)

We will wait and see, I believe it when I see the draw.

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 13th, 2007, 09:49 PM
Amy Frazier will get one if she decides she wants to play :bounce:

Highlandman
Feb 15th, 2007, 10:29 AM
I think Stevenson for Qualis - and Kirkland for Q or MD as always...

Jorn
Feb 18th, 2007, 01:15 PM
About the Miami wildcard:

Sony Ericsson is Caroline Wozniacki's new Sponsor. :)

Do they like in Nordea Nordic Open have Sponsor invitations there?

(or maybe it just in Golf...)

Petkorazzi
Feb 18th, 2007, 03:00 PM
Tatishvili gets WC for both tournaments, IW and Miami, and possibly charlseton because she got in 2006 WCs MD in Miami, IW and Charleston,lost to Jackson in 1st round IW but Beat Sania Mirza(#41 then) In Miami before losing to Dementieva, and in Charlston beat Pous-Tio before losing to Dechy 6-4 7-5.. She deserves them for sure

disco_rage
Feb 18th, 2007, 08:02 PM
Hoping Ansley Cargill will be given one... but no chance!

Iceland
Feb 18th, 2007, 08:33 PM
Tatishvili again ?!!! :( :o Is it confirmed or is that just an hypothesis because she was there last year ?

~Eclipsed~
Feb 22nd, 2007, 01:39 AM
Hoping Ansley Cargill will be given one... but no chance!

I havent' seen her play in a while. So i dont really think she deserves any type of WC unless she is ready to comeback.

tucker1989
Feb 22nd, 2007, 02:09 AM
Tatishvili gets WC for both tournaments, IW and Miami, and possibly charlseton because she got in 2006 WCs MD in Miami, IW and Charleston,lost to Jackson in 1st round IW but Beat Sania Mirza(#41 then) In Miami before losing to Dementieva, and in Charlston beat Pous-Tio before losing to Dechy 6-4 7-5.. She deserves them for sure

I was at the Tatishvili/Mirza match and it was one of the worst pro matches that I have ever seen. Anna didn't need to do anything because of all of Sania's errors, and from what I saw she needs to develop more before she can do anything big on the WTA circuit. She most definitely does not deserve WC's to all three of those tournaments, maybe one MD and one Q, but three MD is just outrageous.

Jorn
Feb 22nd, 2007, 12:55 PM
Caroline Wozniacki wrote in her Blog, she has Main Draw Wild Card to Indian Wells! So that is Soooo nice:) as she wrote. ;)

(I think quali wc maybe had been better...)

Jorn
Feb 22nd, 2007, 01:02 PM
Some info:

American Bethanie Mattek leads a group of players receiving maindraw wild cards into the women's field at the Pacific Life Open including Caroline Wozniacki, Asha Rolle, Lauren Albanese and Anna Tatishvili.

In addition, veterans Lilia Osterloh, a semifinalist at Quebec City last year, and Mirjana Lucic, a 1999 Wimbledon semifinalist who is returning to the tour after injuries, will also be receiving wild cards into the tournament. One remaining wild card has yet to be awarded.

Wild cards for the women's qualifying draw were awarded to Lindsey Nelson, Cassandra Herzberg, Anne Yelsey, Kim Couts and Anastasia Pivavarova. The last wild card will be given to the winner of the pre-qualifying tournament being held March 3-4.

TheGrinders.TV
Feb 22nd, 2007, 02:24 PM
This is very good news regarding Bethanie Mattek (BMAT) as some friends call her =). She had a very good tournament last year and gave the crowd a whole lot to cheer about. She fought very hard and the tournament likes her very much ad she has been training there in between events w/ her new coach (major reason for her new found efficient tennis-new player). Indian Wells result for 2006:

VS, I, USA, CA, March 18, 2006, $ 2,100,000 , HARD (O)
Draw: 128M/64Q/32D, Rank: 115, Seed/Entry: 9/Q

Rnd Opponent Rank W/L Score
Q- R64 H2H GALLOVITS, EDINA ROM 139 W 6-4 2-6 4-4 ret.
Q- R32 H2H (19) AZARENKA, VICTORIA BLR 129 W 1-6 6-4 7-5
R128 H2H (Q) PRATT, NICOLE AUS 135 W 6-7(6) 6-4 6-3
R64 H2H (28) MIRZA, SANIA IND 45 L 6-2 3-6 7-5

Some info:

American Bethanie Mattek leads a group of players receiving maindraw wild cards into the women's field at the Pacific Life Open including Caroline Wozniacki, Asha Rolle, Lauren Albanese and Anna Tatishvili.

In addition, veterans Lilia Osterloh, a semifinalist at Quebec City last year, and Mirjana Lucic, a 1999 Wimbledon semifinalist who is returning to the tour after injuries, will also be receiving wild cards into the tournament. One remaining wild card has yet to be awarded.

Wild cards for the women's qualifying draw were awarded to Lindsey Nelson, Cassandra Herzberg, Anne Yelsey, Kim Couts and Anastasia Pivavarova. The last wild card will be given to the winner of the pre-qualifying tournament being held March 3-4.

Dexter
Feb 22nd, 2007, 02:29 PM
Great news!. So happy that Caro, Mirjana & Beth got WCs. :)

~Eclipsed~
Feb 22nd, 2007, 05:19 PM
So Stevenson doesn't need a quali WC or she didn't receive one?:sad:

Jorn
Feb 22nd, 2007, 05:36 PM
50th Next in Qualies is Lucie HRADECKA CZE rankt 219

So Stevenson will need wildcard or play in Pre-Qualies...

Ballbasher
Feb 22nd, 2007, 06:15 PM
Miki and Beth :D:D

Niunia
Feb 22nd, 2007, 09:58 PM
caroline:)

tucker1989
Feb 22nd, 2007, 10:13 PM
Good choices except for Tatishvili

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 22nd, 2007, 11:36 PM
Very nice :bounce: LILIA and BETH :worship: I really hope Amy decided to play here and take the last WC. If not..then i guess she will play in Miami :bounce:

~Eclipsed~
Feb 23rd, 2007, 12:15 AM
50th Next in Qualies is Lucie HRADECKA CZE rankt 219

So Stevenson will need wildcard or play in Pre-Qualies...

nah...pre qualies already started.:sad:

Highlandman
Feb 23rd, 2007, 08:47 AM
Good choices :yeah:

I wish Mirjana gets a beatable 1st round :)

jamatthews
Feb 23rd, 2007, 11:43 AM
nah...pre qualies already started.:sad:

The other 3 players for the 2nd part of Pre-Qualifying haven't been announced yet. All that's been mentioned is that it will contain "three Sony Ericsson WTA Tour players" (which is pretty vague) and Zara Harutyunyan. One of the 3 could be Stevenson :shrug:

Sharapova's_Boy
Feb 23rd, 2007, 12:24 PM
Mirjana :D
Nastya :D

X|Fergie
Feb 23rd, 2007, 12:47 PM
Mirjana ;)

WhatTheDeuce
Feb 23rd, 2007, 04:56 PM
Cant believe Mirjana got an MWC :eek: :hearts: :bounce:

Ellery
Feb 23rd, 2007, 06:33 PM
Lilia :D

Petkorazzi
Feb 25th, 2007, 09:06 AM
What do you people have with Tatishvili??? I wish she meets your favourite WC player, and when she will win, I'll be waiting here for your comments

Petkorazzi
Feb 25th, 2007, 09:08 AM
Except Caro of Course*

Petkorazzi
Feb 25th, 2007, 04:12 PM
I was at the Tatishvili/Mirza match and it was one of the worst pro matches that I have ever seen. Anna didn't need to do anything because of all of Sania's errors, and from what I saw she needs to develop more before she can do anything big on the WTA circuit. She most definitely does not deserve WC's to all three of those tournaments, maybe one MD and one Q, but three MD is just outrageous.
This was one year ago duhhhhhhhhhhhh

Bennguin1491
Feb 26th, 2007, 06:26 PM
YES anne yelsey! :)

Just Do It
Feb 27th, 2007, 01:37 PM
Who will get the last wild card ?

Jorn
Mar 2nd, 2007, 11:27 AM
Brenda gets WC.

INDIAN WELLS, Calif., February 28, 2007 – Brenda Schultz-McCarthy, a former top ten ranked player on the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour (SEWTA), has been awarded a wildcard into the 2007 Pacific Life Open, to be held March 5-18, at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden.

Schultz-McCarthy, who is notorious for her hard serve (she owns the hardest serve record at 130 mph), is a seven-time winner on the SEWTA Tour. This will be her sixth appearance at the Pacific Life Open.

In addition to Schultz-McCarthy, a qualifying wildcard has been awarded to Kristina Brandi, a former Puerto Rican Fed Cup and Olympic team member. The final wildcard in the qualifying draw will be determined this weekend at the Pacific Life Open pre-qualifying tournament.

LegionArgentina
Mar 2nd, 2007, 11:46 AM
Brenda and Kristina :)

Williamsser
Mar 2nd, 2007, 11:52 AM
Congrats to all the girls!

Jorn
Mar 2nd, 2007, 12:05 PM
WC List:

1. WC Gold/Silver Exempt
2. WC-WOZNIACKI Caroline DEN 160
3. WC-OSTERLOH Lilia USA 113
4. WC-MATTEK Bethanie USA 125
5. WC-ROLLE Ahsha USA 137
6. WC-LUCIC Mirjana CRO
7. WC-TATISHVILI Anna GEO
8. WC-ALBANESE Lauren USA 302
9. WC-Brenda Schultz-McCarthy NED

But don't they still have one more a Gold/Silver WC to give out?

CrossCourt~Rally
Mar 2nd, 2007, 01:40 PM
Good Luck to Brenda and the rest of the WCs :bounce: I guess Amy decided to play. I hope she plays Miami :D :bounce:

Harju.
Mar 2nd, 2007, 01:42 PM
Oh Lauren's getting the WC :cool: No Madison though? :(
Kim Couts for qual WC :yeah:

Jorn
Mar 2nd, 2007, 03:45 PM
A report from about a week ago said these had Quali-Wildcards,

But now a new report say Kristina Brandi got the Last Wildcard, but who from this List will not play, anybody know?

1. WC-NELSON Lindsey USA
2. WC-HERZBERG Cassandra
3. WC-YELSEY Anne USA
4. WC-COUTS Kim USA
5. WC-PIVAVAROVA Anastasia RUS
6. WC- (Winner pre-qual)

NyCPsU
Mar 2nd, 2007, 05:34 PM
i wish madison got one :(
good luck lauren :rocker2:

Deathless Mortal
Mar 2nd, 2007, 05:51 PM
Lucic??? Cool :cool:

Deathless Mortal
Mar 2nd, 2007, 05:58 PM
Mirjana has a talent, and i hope she can come back and do something "big" soon :)

kittyking
Mar 2nd, 2007, 09:10 PM
Madi COULDNT have gotten one anyway, because shes already used up all her wildcards for the year remember....

Im alittle surprised that Ashley Weinhold didnt get a quali wildcard, I would have chosen her over Kim to get one

Ballbasher
Mar 3rd, 2007, 10:06 AM
Brandi gets a QWC?

tamtuna
Mar 6th, 2007, 02:12 AM
Posted by tucker1989 I was at the Tatishvili/Mirza match and it was one of the worst pro matches that I have ever seen. Anna didn't need to do anything because of all of Sania's errors, and from what I saw she needs to develop more before she can do anything big on the WTA circuit. She most definitely does not deserve WC's to all three of those tournaments, maybe one MD and one Q, but three MD is just outrageous.

What are you talking about? Anna played so good, and Sania even admitted that she just palyed best. So do not say that it was an accident!!!