PDA

View Full Version : Is French Tennis Federation (and france generally) pretnding not to speak English?

"Sluggy"
Feb 12th, 2007, 07:51 AM
Check out this order confirmation statement I received as an email the other day for my order for RG tickets:

"Dear Sir or Madame

Further to your requested dated 02/08/2007, with our reference number
4013382(114732), we are pleased to inform that your order has been confirmated.
We would remind you that allocation of tickets will be made between mid March and
the beginning of April."

NOW, is this a joke? Further to your "Request(ED) ...
your order has been "Confirmated"??????

NO I'M SORRY, i meet people all the time who speak good English. They must have english speaking people at the FFT, no? Plus you got england to the right of you in case you dont know how to spell shit, no come on now.

V.Melb
Feb 12th, 2007, 07:59 AM
The idea by Westerners is that most French people speak perfect English but hide it due to rudeness and arrogance.
This is NOT true. French people are not great at languages, nearly all of them, they know this... i can speak in English as often as i want in this country, except for some big cities, NO ONE understands.
I have seen worse mistakes then that in hotel rooms in france.

"Sluggy"
Feb 12th, 2007, 08:02 AM
The idea by Westerners is that most French people speak perfect English but hide it due to rudeness and arrogance.
This is NOT true. French people are not great at languages, nearly all of them, they know this... i can speak in English as often as i want in this country, except for some big cities, NO ONE understands.

this one is obvious though. the FFT has all year to get their email message to ticket orderers straight. Those mistakes HAVE TO BE intentional, there is no was it couldn't be intentional.

Diam's
Feb 12th, 2007, 09:18 AM
Yeah it must a conspiracy againts Anglo-Saxons. Poor you :sobbing:

Diam's
Feb 12th, 2007, 09:21 AM
:o

"Sluggy"
Feb 12th, 2007, 10:05 AM
Yeah it must a conspiracy againts Anglo-Saxons. Poor you :sobbing:

Anglo-Saxons R not the only people that receive that email from the FFT. :sad:

CooCooCachoo
Feb 12th, 2007, 10:09 AM
:o

:worship: :worship: :worship:

CooCooCachoo
Feb 12th, 2007, 10:10 AM
Anyways, yet another thread on France.

Sluggy, maybe you should request a subforum for all your threads on France. I am sure it will be the biggest hit on the board.

Diam's
Feb 12th, 2007, 10:12 AM
Anglo-Saxons R not the only people that receive that email from the FFT. :sad:

Ô rageee ô désespoiiiiir Maaah c'est horrrrible :sobbing:
You should sue them!

"Sluggy"
Feb 12th, 2007, 10:12 AM
Anyways, yet another thread on France.

Sluggy, maybe you should request a subforum for all your threads on France. I am sure it will be the biggest hit on the board.

I just thought it was funny. did you see the spelling errors?

Diam's
Feb 12th, 2007, 10:14 AM
Yes, or course :help:

CooCooCachoo
Feb 12th, 2007, 10:14 AM
Yes, but you got the point of the message, so no biggie.

"Sluggy"
Feb 12th, 2007, 10:21 AM
Yes, but you got the point of the message, so no biggie.

That is right. In the meantime, however, i searched the last 10 threads I've started. Of course, I've also posted in other people's threads. Here R my last threads:

1... Girl said im handsome - NOT FRENCH
2. Open Report - NOT FRENCH
3. Global Warming solidarity - Kinda french, but also done all over europe
4. Who has family members of another background? - NOT FRENCH
5. Tkt for Qualifiers to give away - NOT FRENCH
6. Euro Introduction, where did the money go - FRENCH, but moreso a EUROPEAN THREAD
7. Meds, should I take them? - NOT FRENCH, that's mental health, but not French
8. Ship goes down in England - oil spill??? NOT FRENCH
9. Going to Lunch with a married guy - NOT FRENCH

So where R all my French threads? If i make American threads, You'll say i make american threads, and it the thread is about myself, then you'll say I'm self-centered. So what U really want, is for me to go away. :sad:

mandy7
Feb 12th, 2007, 10:34 AM
So what U really want, if for me to go away. :sad:
*is.

And we can only pray for that to happen soon :sobbing:.

"Sluggy"
Feb 12th, 2007, 10:36 AM
*is.

And we can only pray for that to happen soon :sobbing:.

Oh give me a break.

I can tell you about the racist / antisemitic drunk woman who scared the crap out of me this weekend if you want? :)

Kart
Feb 12th, 2007, 10:39 AM
Check out this order confirmation statement I received as an email the other day for my order for RG tickets:

"Dear Sir or Madame

Further to your requested dated 02/08/2007, with our reference number
4013382(114732), we are pleased to inform that your order has been confirmated.
We would remind you that allocation of tickets will be made between mid March and
the beginning of April."

NOW, is this a joke? Further to your "Request(ED) ...
your order has been "Confirmated"??????

NO I'M SORRY, i meet people all the time who speak good English. They must have english speaking people at the FFT, no? Plus you got england to the right of you in case you dont know how to spell shit, no come on now.

I don't understand - it could have just been a typo couldn't it ?

"Sluggy"
Feb 12th, 2007, 10:43 AM
I don't understand - it could have just been a typo couldn't it ?

Yes Kart, good observation, it could be just a typo. I can't understand how though, it's not like English isn't taught in French schools though, and most of France's neighbours either speak English as their native language or it's their 2nd language. Plus, if you are going to send an email in a foreign language to more than 100,000 people, wouldn't you take the time to make it gramatically correct and use correct spelling? It's not a message board after all. :lol:

Diam's
Feb 12th, 2007, 10:44 AM
So where R all my French threads? If i make American threads, You'll say i make american threads, and it the thread is about myself, then you'll say I'm self-centered. So what U really want, is for me to go away. :sad:

You should make Dutch threads

"Sluggy"
Feb 12th, 2007, 10:45 AM
You should make Dutch threads

Whenever i mention Holland, "you know who" gets offended.

Martian Jeza
Feb 12th, 2007, 10:47 AM
There are some peeps in here who should take some sarcasm lessons ...

mandy7
Feb 12th, 2007, 10:47 AM
Cause you never say anything nice about it
All you've said about Holland, is that we're all potheads.
While it's the American, French and English tourists who smoke up most of the stuff.

"Sluggy"
Feb 12th, 2007, 10:50 AM
There are some peeps in here who should take some sarcasm lessons ...

Yes, I know. I've been told B4...
anyway, there was a real question here though, Do you really think the FFT just can't spell for shit, or do they do this intentionally?

Now, in America, ive seen it B4. Ive seen people who pretend they cant speak English either cause you want them to do something they dont want to do, or they want to do something U dont want them to do - so they pretend to be ignorant and not SPEAK ENGLISH. so, i have also done this in france. When they give me polticial papers i tell them in English that "I cant vote". also, when people argue at me in the train i answer them in english cause i just cant take it anymore. so im wondering, does the FFT do the same thing?

Diam's
Feb 12th, 2007, 10:50 AM
Yes Kart, good observation, it could be just a typo. I can't understand how though, it's not like English isn't taught in French schools though, and most of France's neighbours either speak English as their native language or it's their 2nd language. Plus, if you are going to send an email in a foreign language to more than 100,000 people, wouldn't you take the time to make it gramatically correct and use correct spelling? It's not a message board after all. :lol:

Geography is not your forte :help:

CooCooCachoo
Feb 12th, 2007, 10:54 AM
That is right. In the meantime, however, i searched the last 10 threads I've started. Of course, I've also posted in other people's threads. Here R my last threads:

6. Euro Introduction, where did the money go - FRENCH, but moreso a EUROPEAN THREAD

I was not talking about the ratio of French threads. I was talking about the amount. You start a lot of threads on France. The fact that the majority of threads you start are not about France pretty much shows you are a thread whore ;)

"Sluggy"
Feb 12th, 2007, 10:55 AM
Cause you never say anything nice about it
All you've said about Holland, is that we're all potheads.
While it's the American, French and English tourists who smoke up most of the stuff.

Mandy, that is not true. I also go through spouts of self-pity, and that is what you are doing now.

since ive posted here, ive said tons of good things about holland. Ive commended holland for loaning America money during our early history, oh going back to the 1600's, we couldnt have made it without the Dutch. I have complimented dutch beer, i love amsterdam, and the dutch people i have met have been nice. I also admit that Dutch women appear very attractive, dutch men seem like they share, i mean they welcome tourists to come up and have a good time, right? Also, I have also spoken about Dutch kindness in other respects, i believe the Holland welcomed African Americans to come and live there in the 50s and 60s. Many Americans know that Holland was open to Africans when the rest of the world may not have been.
The only criticisms ive made to holland are that the restaurants in amsterdam dont seem to have such good food and that Holland probably is hiding all the money, cause europe seems to smoke tons of pot, and we have no money in france, and I know people go to Holland to restock on their drugs, so that's probably where the money is. But it's not a criticism to holland or the dutch.

"Sluggy"
Feb 12th, 2007, 10:57 AM
I was not talking about the ratio of French threads. I was talking about the amount. You start a lot of threads on France. The fact that the majority of threads you start are not about France pretty much shows you are a thread whore ;)

Have you considered I talk about france because I live here?

I'm a thread whore because the majority of threads i start are not about france? I may not be very intelligent, but i dont get Ur logic.

"Sluggy"
Feb 12th, 2007, 10:58 AM
Geography is not your forte :help:

How do you figure? You got the UK just a few miles away, and they speak English. When french people talk to Germans, Italians and Spaniards, they usually speak English too.

Princeza
Feb 12th, 2007, 10:59 AM
on s'en fout, l'important c'est que tu aies reussi à comprendre

mandy7
Feb 12th, 2007, 11:16 AM
Don't be rude, speak English.

Diam's
Feb 12th, 2007, 11:19 AM

Sorry, but we can't :sobbing:

Princeza
Feb 12th, 2007, 11:23 AM

this is not being rude,i'm talking to him, not to you
im not sure you care about getting what is written, if u do then no problem ill translate

mandy7
Feb 12th, 2007, 11:23 AM
this is not being rude,i'm talking to him, not to you
im not sure you care about getting what is written

Ok, in that case i'll talk to myself, and not to you.
Wat een sufkuttig excuus zeg, slaat echt weer helemaal nergens op, typisch Frans.

:wavey:

Princeza
Feb 12th, 2007, 11:26 AM
i dont get your point here..i told him that we dont care about french ppl not knowing english as long as he understands what's written

CooCooCachoo
Feb 12th, 2007, 11:32 AM
Have you considered I talk about france because I live here?

I'm a thread whore because the majority of threads i start are not about france? I may not be very intelligent, but i dont get Ur logic.

Well, obviously. But have you considered that we do not care that much about France? Not necessarily because we do not live there, but because being bombarded by info on France all the time kind of tempers our enthusiasm?

I did not state that. Please re-read the comment :)

CooCooCachoo
Feb 12th, 2007, 11:32 AM

Tu as raison :banana: Mais j'ai déjà dit la même chose :shrug:

Diam's
Feb 12th, 2007, 11:33 AM
Ok, in that case i'll talk to myself, and not to you.
Wat een sufkuttig excuus zeg, slaat echt weer helemaal nergens op, typisch Frans.

:wavey:

Weren't you the one who started speaking Dutch in one of Sluggy's thread a few days ago ? and nobody spoke French in that same thread ...

mandy7
Feb 12th, 2007, 11:34 AM
Weren't you the one who started speaking Dutch in one of Sluggy's thread a few days ago ? and nobody spoke French in that same thread ...

But i was quoting another Dutchie.
He/She didn't quite the slugster,
So for all i knew, he/she was just talking crap in general :p.

Diam's
Feb 12th, 2007, 11:41 AM
But i was quoting another Dutchie.
He/She didn't quite the slugster,
So for all i knew, he/she was just talking crap in general :p.

S/he just said that no one cares ...

Btw where are the Polish posters ??? :bigwave:

Sam L
Feb 12th, 2007, 11:43 AM

Sluggy you don't have to answer to anyone. Keep rockin!! :rocker2:

Actually I emailed a French language school about studying there and the email they sent back had errors too. So I'm thinking it's common. But I don't mind. French is such a difficult language and English spelling is not easy.

Allez France!! :lick:

silverwhite
Feb 12th, 2007, 11:57 AM
Get over yourself, please. Thanks!

"Sluggy"
Feb 12th, 2007, 12:21 PM
Well, obviously. But have you considered that we do not care that much about France? Not necessarily because we do not live there, but because being bombarded by info on France all the time kind of tempers our enthusiasm?

I did not state that. Please re-read the comment :)

I guess I see what U mean. But then how do you justify that ive been criticized for: 1) American Threads 2) Racism Threads: and 3) threads about personal issues.

So really, there are no threads you want me to post.

mandy7
Feb 12th, 2007, 12:24 PM
Start a blog :yeah:.

Or post all the things you wanna talk about in 1 thread of your own.
The Sluggy thread

"Sluggy"
Feb 12th, 2007, 12:24 PM
Get over yourself, please. Thanks!

Why can't i poke some fun at the French Tennis Federation?

Diam's
Feb 12th, 2007, 12:30 PM
noting tiny mistakes does not signify anything. my english will probably always be better then urs, because u r french, and ur french will always be better then mine. dont be petty.
At least it helps me to improve my English.
And according to my teacher confusing 'then' and 'than' is not a tiny mistake ... but she is probably not that good at English (note : she is American :p )