PDA

View Full Version : WOW!! Christina Aguilera WOW!!!

Foot_Fault
Feb 12th, 2007, 02:25 AM
She Fucking ROCKS!

Best of the Night
w/ Mary and John Legend and Myer w/ Ms. Rae.

WOW!!

All I can say is WOW!

PatrickRyan
Feb 12th, 2007, 02:27 AM
It was great! :yeah:

Wannabeknowitall
Feb 12th, 2007, 02:30 AM
That last note from Christina was phenominal.

!<blocparty>!
Feb 12th, 2007, 02:36 AM
She was totally coked out.

That's hot.

416_Man
Feb 12th, 2007, 02:37 AM
Ya, I saw the white around her nose, but I was afraid it was just snot. :sad:

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 12th, 2007, 02:53 AM
Nah it was just make up lol

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 12th, 2007, 02:53 AM
She was incredible though :drool:

Cator
Feb 12th, 2007, 03:10 AM
ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE

She stoled the show... she needs to make a PURE blues album.

If she does, she's the nest Etta James.

Foot_Fault
Feb 12th, 2007, 03:10 AM
She was incredible though :drool:

Ive watched it 5x's already.
Why don't she just put out an R&B album already??

Foot_Fault
Feb 12th, 2007, 03:11 AM
ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE

Ouch, why are we thinking the same thing at the same time? LOL

Cator
Feb 12th, 2007, 03:12 AM
LOL.... do you have a video link?

Foot_Fault
Feb 12th, 2007, 03:14 AM
LOL.... do you have a video link?
tivo

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 12th, 2007, 03:19 AM
tivo

The best invention of the millenium by far :worship: :lol:

No Name Face
Feb 12th, 2007, 03:22 AM
that was an incredible performance.

Cator
Feb 12th, 2007, 03:26 AM
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x16u9x_grammy-performance

fucking amazing.

Apoleb
Feb 12th, 2007, 03:36 AM
I can't believe people are raving so much about this. I thought she was trying too hard and her voice was so harsh on my ears.

cellophane
Feb 12th, 2007, 03:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMCqcEXwF1k

;)

cellophane
Feb 12th, 2007, 03:39 AM
I can't believe people are raving so much about this. I thought she was trying too hard and her voice was so harsh on my ears.

Isn't that how she sings? :o

Foot_Fault
Feb 12th, 2007, 03:42 AM

That was a PORTRAYAL type of song. It was suppose to have SOUL(She Gave), SHOWMANSHIP(She Gave), and UNDENIABLE FEELING (She Gave). I don't know if you ever seen James Brown perform this song, maybe you should look it up on you tube. It was a great tribute. And she did an EXCELLENT JOB.

Best performance of the Nite. She did it in 2003 or 04 w/ Beautiful as well.

MrSerenaWilliams
Feb 12th, 2007, 03:43 AM
:bowdown: CHRISTINA FUCKING AGUILERA :worship:

MrSerenaWilliams
Feb 12th, 2007, 03:44 AM
That was a PORTRAYAL type of song. It was suppose to have SOUL(She Gave), SHOWMANSHIP(She Gave), and UNDENIABLE FEELING (She Gave). I don't know if you ever seen James Brown perform this song, maybe you should look it up on you tube. It was a great tribute. And she did an EXCELLENT JOB.

That was SOUL personified! :yeah: PERFECTION!

tennisIlove09
Feb 12th, 2007, 03:45 AM
It was a good performance, except her scream near the end ... she is not Mariah, so do not try to be.

Cator
Feb 12th, 2007, 03:45 AM

LOL.

I was just about to post this,,,

I'm a HUGE fan of James Brown, and I was iffy when I heard Christina was covering this song... But OMG , she impressed me.

She NEEDS to make a pure blues album.

Cator
Feb 12th, 2007, 03:46 AM
It was a good performance, except her scream near the end ... she is not Mariah, so do not try to be.

That scream is something James Brown does LIVE, so,,,

It was perfection.

MrSerenaWilliams
Feb 12th, 2007, 03:46 AM

She wasn't trying to be Mariah, that was PURE JAMES FUCKING BROWN :worship: that was GRITTY, GRIMY, SOULFUL, PERFECTION!

Foot_Fault
Feb 12th, 2007, 03:49 AM
She wasn't trying to be Mariah, that was PURE JAMES FUCKING BROWN :worship: that was GRITTY, GRIMY, SOULFUL, PERFECTION!

Nice post, got erect on all that filth you're talking!!! LOL:lol:

MrSerenaWilliams
Feb 12th, 2007, 03:50 AM
any time :yeah:

like she said, she's stilly

DIRRTY ;) :p

Cator
Feb 12th, 2007, 03:50 AM
And no offense, but Mariah would never attempt to sing this live TODAY.

Ferosh
Feb 12th, 2007, 03:51 AM

No, Mariah only does that breathy shit.

stevos
Feb 12th, 2007, 04:02 AM
They shouldn't have put it on so quick after the Chris Brown show, cus that was good stuff too. I didn't expect it, there was no build up, so I didnt appreciate it as much at the time.

But now that I see it again, holy crap.
Her voice is just ridiculous!

Cator
Feb 12th, 2007, 04:16 AM
from Entertainment Weekly's PopWatch:

10:16 pm And the press room waits, poised for Christina Aguilera to bring it.

10:17 pm If Carrie Underwood turns out even half as well as Xtina, we will be a lucky, lucky nation indeed. Holy s---.

10:19 pm I am pretty sure I know where James Brown's soul went: Right into the heart of a skinny blond chick who used to wear assless chaps.

-----

from LA Times' The Envelope:

7:17 p.m. -- Christina Aguilera crashes the party, and that makes it hard to hear the song where I'm sitting, because a debate rages: Does she belong, or doesn't she? Hmm, cue some more fog.

LMFAO @ THE MEDIA.

Nice... she deserves this.

MrSerenaWilliams
Feb 12th, 2007, 04:21 AM
she sure does :yeah:

StarDuvallGrant
Feb 12th, 2007, 04:24 AM
Christina's voice is great, but I don't think she fit the song.

Cator
Feb 12th, 2007, 04:25 AM

Have you ever seen James Brown perform this song live? Lol.

Cator
Feb 12th, 2007, 04:29 AM
http://i8.tinypic.com/2zs2n1k.jpg

StarDuvallGrant
Have you ever seen James Brown perform this song live? Lol.

Yes, young and old James Brown versions.

mckyle.
proof that christina aguilera is not an hispanic/white woman, but actually an albino black woman.

MrSerenaWilliams
Feb 12th, 2007, 04:36 AM
OPPOSITE ends of the spectrum

Christina ---------------------------------Britney

Wannabeknowitall
Feb 12th, 2007, 04:39 AM

Great. Now tell us who at that Grammy awards show had the voice to even attempt to give a justified tribute to James Brown.

Cator
Feb 12th, 2007, 04:41 AM
Great. Now tell us who at that Grammy awards show had the voice to even attempt to give a justified tribute to James Brown.

Beyonce? rotfl

jk

Christina is the perfect singer for this because she ahs an old soul voice. No wonder Etta James and Christina admire eachother.

G1Player2
Feb 12th, 2007, 04:42 AM
Beyonce? rotfl

Why'd you have to bring Beyonce in to this? She can't sing better than Christina, I admit, but Beyonce can definitely sing and her number tonight was great.

mckyle.
Feb 12th, 2007, 04:43 AM
lol, remember when britney and christina were always compared to eachother? the difference is christina actually cares about her career and actually loves singing. music was just a 'thing' for Britney and now she's over that.

Stamp Paid
Feb 12th, 2007, 04:49 AM

I agree. Too forced.
And I wish she would give the Marilyn Monroe shit up. She is no Marilyn Monroe.
And the Staten Island perma-tan too.

G1Player2
Feb 12th, 2007, 04:55 AM
I agree. Too forced.

Agreed.

Offtopic, but I notice that avatar is Final Fantasy XII. I am stuck as shit in that game. :fiery: This was the hardest Final Fantasy for me by far.

StarDuvallGrant
Feb 12th, 2007, 04:56 AM

I would have liked to have seen Prince do the tribute. He has range and the soul I felt Christina's performance lacked down to the footwork. Christina was fine vocally, she oversang quite a bit, but that's about it.

Wannabeknowitall
Feb 12th, 2007, 04:56 AM
I agree. Too forced.

She never said she was trying to be like Marilyn Monroe.
Christina is going for a 40s pin-up look.
Marilyn Monroe is a 50s pin-up look.
Marilyn Monroe who was a size 12 would have never been able to wear many of the popular clothes of the 40s.

StarDuvallGrant
Feb 12th, 2007, 04:57 AM
I agree. Too forced.

Christina just lacked that special something to the performance and yes, some of it was forced, but she does that quite often when trying to be soulful.

Geisha
Feb 12th, 2007, 05:15 AM
As the #1 Christina Aguilera fan, I didn't find this performance very good, in terms of entertainment and vocals. :s I don't know. I admit that I've never seen James Brown perform (or at least where I cared about it) so I'm ignorant to the fact that she was paying "good" tribute to him. The notes at the end were amazing, but when she went high, it didn't sound like she meant it to go high, but that her voice cracked. Is anyone else seeing/hearing this?

Nevertheless, once again, she was robbed of Pop Vocal Album. John Mayer beat her, wtf? Last time, it was Justin Timberlake. Right. And, BTW, she hasn't been tanned in like, forty years, so this perma-tan people are talking about is false!

Cator
Feb 12th, 2007, 05:34 AM
Lol, Christina's album jumped from 390 to 24 on Amazon.com tonight

Cator
Feb 12th, 2007, 05:35 AM
As the #1 Christina Aguilera fan, I didn't find this performance very good, in terms of entertainment and vocals. :s I don't know. I admit that I've never seen James Brown perform (or at least where I cared about it) so I'm ignorant to the fact that she was paying "good" tribute to him. The notes at the end were amazing, but when she went high, it didn't sound like she meant it to go high, but that her voice cracked. Is anyone else seeing/hearing this?

I understand that you probably did not like that style, but James Brown sung the song this way, it was a tribute. I'm a big James Brown fans and I thought Christina nailed it.

Wannabeknowitall
Feb 12th, 2007, 05:37 AM
Lol, Christina's album jumped from 390 to 24 on Amazon.com tonight

:lol:
Amazing.
Also it looks like Norah Jones has made a jump with some of her old albums after her 60 minutes interview.

cometz9
Feb 12th, 2007, 05:38 AM
Christina :worship: too bad it was a short performance :(

Wannabeknowitall
Feb 12th, 2007, 05:40 AM
I understand that you probably did not like that style, but James Brown sung the song this way, it was a tribute. I'm a big James Brown fans and I thought Christina nailed it.

As you see the people who had the most remarks about Christina have yet to give me a better option or any option to do that tribute. :lol:

mandy7
Feb 12th, 2007, 06:13 AM
ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE

Did you just say STOLED? :lol:

Anyhow, i didn't see it, but i will when i get the chance :yeah:

Shimizu Amon
Feb 12th, 2007, 07:38 AM
I've seen the performance and I can only say that I've seen way better from Chrissie Chris. I don't know what she tried to do what that scream near the end, was she auditioning for Scream 4? I'd have loved it if she tried a whistle.
Perhaps it was a tribute to James Brown but I didn't like it.

She won at least one Grammy, so congrats Christina, the song earned it (you should have won the Grammy for best album as well, but hey it's the Grammy's, what else could we've expect).

Maria Croft
Feb 12th, 2007, 12:28 PM
That was one amazing performance, what made it even better was the fact that it was a tribute.

Christina showed once again that she can do anything with her amazing talent and voice :worship:

MisterQ
Feb 12th, 2007, 12:38 PM
She doesn't phrase much -- everything is nearly full force all the time. It's intense and exciting, some of her choices of notes are striking, and her voice is electric... but it doesn't match up to the way the greatest soul and blues singers intermix the intimate with the explosive to make the highs seem really high and the lows seem really low.

Apoleb
Feb 12th, 2007, 01:47 PM
As you see the people who had the most remarks about Christina have yet to give me a better option or any option to do that tribute. :lol:

Stupid point. If there is no current young female singer that can give justive to James Brown, that doesn't mean that Christina's version was good and should be praised. It finally goes down to one's personal opinion, and I think her tone is horrible and extremely harsh. Futhermore, belting like this doens't mean you're soulful. Personally, I didn't feel any soul coming from her, just trying to be soulful. And yes, I ofcourse did hear a live James Brown version of the song, and they're incomparable (which is needless to say).

Apoleb
Feb 12th, 2007, 01:48 PM
She doesn't phrase much -- everything is nearly full force all the time. It's intense and exciting, some of her choices of notes are striking, and her voice is electric... but it doesn't match up to the way the greatest soul and blues singers intermix the intimate with the explosive to make the highs seem really high and the lows seem really low.

That sums it up quite well.

BigB08822
Feb 12th, 2007, 03:25 PM
I thought she was only OK. I had a very hard time understanding any of the lyrics that she was singing and the note at the end was actually NOT good. Someone with a trained ear or musical background can tell you that. It sounded like she went for a whistle note and fell flat.

Marshmallow
Feb 12th, 2007, 04:22 PM

Oh... *swoooooooooooon*
I think i love you. Seriously. :lol: Total agreement, once again. I was disappointed when i watched the clip, considering the comments i was reading.

Wannabeknowitall
Feb 12th, 2007, 04:48 PM
I thought she was only OK. I had a very hard time understanding any of the lyrics that she was singing and the note at the end was actually NOT good. Someone with a trained ear or musical background can tell you that. It sounded like she went for a whistle note and fell flat.

I have no idea what you're talking about.
The note she hit at the very end was nowhere close to being C6, which usually is the start of the whistle register.
It was the correct note.
The note you're talking about, wasn't at the end.
Yes it did end up flat. If she would have stayed strong with it, it would have been fine.

Apoleb
Feb 12th, 2007, 05:02 PM
Oh... *swoooooooooooon*
I think i love you. Seriously. :lol:

aww, lol, thanks. :o I read somewhere that you hate Maria S too. :rolls: Perfect match up.

CooCooCachoo
Feb 12th, 2007, 05:08 PM
Oh... *swoooooooooooon*
I think i love you. Seriously. :lol: Total agreement, once again. I was disappointed when i watched the clip, considering the comments i was reading.

I agree. The comments give her way more credit than she deserves. Mind you, it is a very good performance, but not as ecstatic as it is made to sound. Nevertheless, she once more shows that any comparison with Britney Spears is disrespectful towards Christina.

AJZ.
Feb 12th, 2007, 06:50 PM
I agree... It was good, but it wasn't amazing. :)

Martian KC
Feb 12th, 2007, 06:53 PM
Wanna know why she actually sounded audibly decent? She didn't sing one of her crappy songs.

SJW
Feb 12th, 2007, 08:00 PM
That look that Jamie Foxx gave at the end was my thoughts exactly...
he was like "girlfriend KILLED it!" :hearts:

MrSerenaWilliams
Feb 12th, 2007, 09:19 PM
Yeah she really did! :hearts: It wasn't about the vocals, it was about the soul. Just like MJB :worship: NO MORE DRAMA was :eek::speakles:

Rocketta
Feb 12th, 2007, 09:30 PM
I thought vocally she was very good but in the beginning and to the middle the song lacked soul......it wasn't until she picked it up in the end that I started liking the performance. :shrug:

WorldWar24
Feb 12th, 2007, 09:36 PM
people, this is christina aguilera we're talking about. She sings. Pretty good ok. But that's it.

and she's a millionaire because of it. All she cares about is your money and then singing some tunes too while she's banking in the cash $$. Thanks for contributing, love Xtina

harloo
Feb 13th, 2007, 12:25 AM
Futhermore, belting like this doens't mean you're soulful. Personally, I didn't feel any soul coming from her, just trying to be soulful. And yes, I ofcourse did hear a live James Brown version of the song, and they're incomparable (which is needless to say).

Exactly, she is very talented but when trying too hard the soul comes off as contrived. I thought the performance started out well, but wen't downhill really quick when she put on the theatrics. You can't force soul it has to come NATURALLY.

I much prefer her tribute to Whitney at the BET Awards a few years back. X-tina really delivered on, "I Wanna Run To You". That's what I think she should go for instead of trying to out soul herself every performance. Maybe it's the reason I didn't like Back To Basics much compared to Stripped.

PatrickRyan
Feb 13th, 2007, 02:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGclyUuo12w
:yeah:

Foot_Fault
Feb 13th, 2007, 02:58 AM
F' all Yall. SHe ROCKED!!!
I still get Chills

williams123
Feb 13th, 2007, 05:09 AM
she's good. for a white girl she's great. never be whitney though.

Wannabeknowitall
Feb 13th, 2007, 06:05 AM
Exactly, she is very talented but when trying too hard the soul comes off as contrived. I thought the performance started out well, but wen't downhill really quick when she put on the theatrics. You can't force soul it has to come NATURALLY.

I much prefer her tribute to Whitney at the BET Awards a few years back. X-tina really delivered on, "I Wanna Run To You". That's what I think she should go for instead of trying to out soul herself every performance. Maybe it's the reason I didn't like Back To Basics much compared to Stripped.

None of us know if she was asked to do the tribute or if she asked herself to do it.
In the tribute to Whitney, it was Whitney who specifically asked for Christina to do it.
I'm assuming that she was asked to do a tribute for James Brown just as Alicia Keys was asked to do one for Luther Vandross years ago for the grammy's.

Some of these tributes don't turn out to be amazing as the Alicia Keys tribute to Luther is an example of that.
To harshly criticize someone for doing something that was never suppose to be as good as the original just seems extremely cruel.

Christina has been singing like this for years.
She has never fully compromised when it came to her singing style.
She always puts something in it that's apart of her.
This is natural for her, so to say she's forcing means that perhaps you really don't know Christina that well.

Honestly I can tell from the Back To Basics/Stripped comment.
Yes there are songs on Back To Basics that have a very R&B/hip-hop tone to them but she never goes beyond herself in that album.

There are songs where she goes to the extremes on Stripped.
Jesus, Singing My Song is a clear example of that.
It's just a mess for half of the song.
You can't say that for any of her songs on Back To Basics.

bellascarlett
Feb 13th, 2007, 06:41 AM
That's Christina for you. :rocker2: :lol: