PDA

View Full Version : The Official 79th Academy Awards Thread!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Sam L
Feb 11th, 2007, 02:54 PM
http://www.informativos.telecinco.es/imgsed/oscars_2007_061219.jpg

Welcome!

I'm starting with a countdown every day until the big day. Enjoy a picture from one of the nominees that takes the spotlight each day. :)

Official site: http://www.oscar.com/

SPOILERS BELOW......

Winners as they are announced

Best Picture: The Departed
Best Director: Martin Scorsese, The Departed
Best Actor: Forest Whitaker, The Last King of Scotland
Best Actress: Helen Mirren
Best Editing: The Departed
Best Original Song - I Need to Wake Up, Inconvenient Truth
Best Original Screenplay - Little Miss Sunshine
Best Original Score- Babel
Documentary - An Inconvenient Truth
Documentary Short - The Blood of Yingzhou District
Best Supporting Actress - Jennifer Hudson, Dreamgirls
Foreign Language Film - The Lives of Others
Visuals Effects - Pirates
Best Cinematography: Pan's Labyrinth
Best Costume Design: Marie Antoinette
Best Adapted Screenplay: The Departed
Best Animated Feature: Happy Feet
Best Supporting Actor: Alan Arkin, Little Miss Sunshine
Sound Mixing: Dreamgirls
Sound Editing: Letters from Iwo Jima
Live Action Short: West Bank Story
Best Animated Short: The Danish Poet (first upset)
Makeup: Pan's Labyrinth
Art Direction: Pan's Labyrinth

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Today's Spotlight

http://a.oscar.abc.com/media/2007/images/nominees/nominations/DevilWearsPrada_StreepM.jpg

Meryl Streep, best actress nominee for "The Devil wears Prada", just scored her own record breaking 14th nomination.

13 Days to go!

DemWilliamsGulls
Feb 11th, 2007, 03:00 PM
If Jennifer Hudson dont get this award....black folks all over the united states are going to start a riot like they did with Rodney King lol.....She really deserves it.....also...Meryl Streep should get best actress...she was off the chain in that movie...she really was!

Martian KC
Feb 11th, 2007, 03:08 PM
I would really love to see some upsets, considering how predictable this season has become.

Brooklyn90
Feb 11th, 2007, 03:09 PM
Comon' Ryan Gosling, Jennifer Hudson, Helen Mirren :boxing:

jrm
Feb 11th, 2007, 03:23 PM
Helen and Forrest are going to win - would be a major suprise if they don't!

Cheering for little girl in supporting category to beat that hag from Dreamgirls!

Viktymise
Feb 11th, 2007, 03:58 PM

Cheering for little girl in supporting category to beat that hag from Dreamgirls!

:lol: go Abigail Breslin :rocker2: and go Kate Winslet in Little Children. Little Miss Sunshine better win best film or else :armed:

416_Man
Feb 11th, 2007, 04:12 PM
Meryl Streep = amazing but Judi Dench = HAWTTTTT. She raped Notes on a Scandal, it was phenominal. I like Hellen but Judi pwns.

venus_rulez
Feb 11th, 2007, 04:40 PM
Meryl Streep = amazing but Judi Dench = HAWTTTTT. She raped Notes on a Scandal, it was phenominal. I like Hellen but Judi pwns.

Yeah Judi Dench was fantastic in Notes on a Scandal (so was Meryl by the way in Devils) but Cate Blanchett was also very good and from a pure acting standpoint, I think most people agree that Blanchett blows Hudson (and the rest of the competition in that category) out of the water. However, most people don't think Blanchett will win since she recently won for The Aviator. I'm predicting an upset though, I think Blanchett has it.

mc8114
Feb 11th, 2007, 04:42 PM
I want Meryl or Penélope to win, but is more likely Hellen Mirren who will be taking it the Oscar home.

Go Will Smith!!! :D

G1Player2
Feb 11th, 2007, 06:31 PM
I think this will be an Oscar night NOT full of surprises. It's pretty obvious who wills snag home awards except for the Best Picture category. But all the other major categories, it's obvious who will win.

Randy H
Feb 11th, 2007, 08:02 PM
I think the supporting awards are still up for grabs personally. Mirren or Whitaker losing would be huge shocks because they've pretty much won everything leading up to the Oscars, but I still think there is room for upset in both male and female supporting. Hoping for Abigail Breslin in female supporting, but I'd be happy for Jennifer or Cate too :)

Viktymise
Feb 11th, 2007, 08:29 PM
How brilliant would it be for Abigail Breslin to win best supporting, :hearts: it would be so cute to see her reaction, its still a big achievement to be nominated at such a young age. Winslet was amazing in Little Children, shame they did little to really push the film, maybe she would have a better chance to win :crying2:

Bremen
Feb 11th, 2007, 08:54 PM
How brilliant would it be for Abigail Breslin to win best supporting, :hearts: it would be so cute to see her reaction, its still a big achievement to be nominated at such a young age. Winslet was amazing in Little Children, shame they did little to really push the film, maybe she would have a better chance to win :crying2:

New Line bungled Little Children...how it managed to get 3 nominations with almost no publicity and tiny tiny box office returns is a mystery to me. Somewhat of a minor miracle.

Anyway I think it's cool this year that best picture is kind of up in the air. The acting category that could provide the biggest upset in my view is best supporting actor. They say Eddie Murphy isn't that popular in Hollywood...

Viktymise
Feb 11th, 2007, 09:21 PM
New Line bungled Little Children...how it managed to get 3 nominations with almost no publicity and tiny tiny box office returns is a mystery to me. Somewhat of a minor miracle.

Anyway I think it's cool this year that best picture is kind of up in the air. The acting category that could provide the biggest upset in my view is best supporting actor. They say Eddie Murphy isn't that popular in Hollywood...

Do you know why New Line did that to Little Children, if somehow Kate wins, no doubt they will push it again :p

Bremen
Feb 11th, 2007, 10:07 PM
Do you know why New Line did that to Little Children, if somehow Kate wins, no doubt they will push it again :p

I have no idea...I've discussed it on other boards and no one seems to know what went wrong. There was a rumour going around that the studio was angry at Todd Field, the director, and decided not to push it, but that doesn't make much sense to me. Wouldn't they want to have awards and money?

Viktymise
Feb 11th, 2007, 10:17 PM
I have no idea...I've discussed it on other boards and no one seems to know what went wrong. There was a rumour going around that the studio was angry at Todd Field, the director, and decided not to push it, but that doesn't make much sense to me. Wouldn't they want to have awards and money?

Ye its very strange, if they had have pushed it more they would have more nominations and would stand in better stead to win more award

Bremen
Feb 11th, 2007, 10:27 PM
Ye its very strange, if they had have pushed it more they would have more nominations and would stand in better stead to win more award

And Kate would have a better chance at her first oscar win! Well...it still wouldn't be much of a chance. Helen Mirren won the oscar as soon as her movie opened and all the reviews came out. She was unstoppable from that point on.

MrSerenaWilliams
Feb 11th, 2007, 10:39 PM

HAG?!?!?!? :o that was harsh :sad:

M2k
Feb 12th, 2007, 03:19 AM
...seems like a --->:zzz: both Jen and Helen are a bit overrated :p

Adriana :D Rinko :D Penelope :D Babel :D

Steam
Feb 12th, 2007, 03:23 AM
:lol: go Abigail Breslin :rocker2: and go Kate Winslet in Little Children. Little Miss Sunshine better win best film or else :armed:

Personally I found it to be overrated.

I'm rooting for The Departed.

pcrtennis
Feb 12th, 2007, 06:30 AM
...seems like a --->:zzz: both Jen and Helen are a bit overrated :p

Adriana :D Rinko :D Penelope :D Babel :D

Helen Mirren is a phenominal actress....Jennifer Hudson will be a one-hit acting wonder. She basically played herself in a film.

I'd like Blanchette or Breslin to take the supporting but Im sure it will go to Hudson.

MrSerenaWilliams
Feb 12th, 2007, 06:36 AM
Helen Mirren is a phenominal actress....Jennifer Hudson will be a one-hit acting wonder. She basically played herself in a film.

I'd like Blanchette or Breslin to take the supporting but Im sure it will go to Hudson.

We'll see her acting chops in the Jackie Robinson biopic....don't sleep on her yet ;)

Sam L
Feb 12th, 2007, 12:32 PM
Today's Spotlight

http://a.oscar.abc.com/media/2007/images/nominees/nominations/Babel.jpg

Alejandro González Iñárritu's Babel is nominated for 7 Oscars, the most of all the Best Picture nominees, and only one short of leader Dreamgirls. But with nominations in Picture, director, acting and writing categories, it's shaping up to be major contender if not the favourite to take out the most open race in the Picture category in many many years.

12 days to go!

!<blocparty>!
Feb 12th, 2007, 02:26 PM
If Jennifer Hudson dont get this award....black folks all over the united states are going to start a riot like they did with Rodney King lol.....She really deserves it.....also...Meryl Streep should get best actress...she was off the chain in that movie...she really was!

:rolleyes:

Go Meryl and Abigail!

I can't wait to see Notes on a Scandal. That bathtub scene sounds :scared:.

cellophane
Feb 12th, 2007, 02:42 PM

You are really as one note as ever, aren't you?

Sam L
Feb 13th, 2007, 12:44 PM
Today's Spotlight

http://a.oscar.abc.com/media/2007/images/nominees/nominations/MarieAntoinette.jpg

This is the 8th nomination for costume designer Milena Canonero who scored the lone nomination for Sofia Coppola's new-age period piece Marie Antoinette. Milena has previously won for her work in Barry Lyndon and Chariots of Fire.

11 days to go!

propi
Feb 13th, 2007, 12:54 PM
Vamos Children of men, Babel, Pan's Labirynth and Volver :bounce:
Hope some nice surprises like O?Toole winning for his amazing performance in Venus :)

Sam L
Feb 14th, 2007, 12:49 PM
Today's Spotlight

http://a.oscar.abc.com/media/2007/images/nominees/nominations/Venus_OTooleP.jpg

Peter O'Toole's 8th nomination, will it finally spell a competitive Oscar for him? It seems unlikely as fellow nominee Forrest Whittaker has swept the awards circuit but never underestimate the power of the makeup Oscar (read: Paul Newman).

10 days to go!

[.Raisin.]
Feb 14th, 2007, 01:45 PM
O'Toole :D Arkin :D Streep :D Breslin :D

Brooklyn90
Feb 14th, 2007, 07:54 PM
wow i just watched Little Miss Sunshine and it was amazing :worship: especially Abigail :yeah:

CanIGetAWhat
Feb 14th, 2007, 11:33 PM
I'm hoping Letters From Iwo Jima pulls off the upset in both the Best Picture and Best Director categories. :worship:

416_Man
Feb 15th, 2007, 12:05 AM
I'm hoping Letters From Iwo Jima pulls off the upset in both the Best Picture and Best Director categories. :worship:

That movie is as good as drinking vomit. Hopefully it gets raped in Best Picture, maybe win a sympthy Director oscar, but Martin deserves it... even if the movie doesn't.

Sam L
Feb 15th, 2007, 01:26 PM
Today's Spotlight

http://a.oscar.abc.com/media/2007/images/nominees/nominations/NotesOnAScandal.jpg

Notes on a Scandal scored a nomination for Adapted Screenplay for screenwriter/playwright Patrick Marber. The film was adapted from the 2003 novel by Zoë Heller and stars Cate Blanchett and Judi Dench who also scored acting nominations respectively. This is a first Oscar nomination for Marber whose play (adapted to the big screen) Closer enjoyed Oscar success a few years ago also.

9 days to go!

M2k
Feb 15th, 2007, 05:57 PM
Vamos Children of men, Babel, Pan's Labirynth and Volver :bounce:
Hope some nice surprises like O?Toole winning for his amazing performance in Venus :)

ha! Wondeful taste;)

...I was positive Children of Men would get a Best Picture nod...especially with all the early buzz going for it :sad: The Best Picture race is a complete joke :tape: with only Letters from Iwo Jima and Babel making the cut.

The Best Picture noms should have been...

Babel
Children of Men
Letter From Iwo Jima
El Laberinto del Fauno
Little Children

Sam L
Feb 16th, 2007, 01:30 PM
Today's Spotlight

http://a.oscar.abc.com/media/2007/images/nominees/nominations/Dreamgirls_HudsonJ.jpg

From American Idol reject to Oscar nomination is the story for America's "Dreamgirl" Jennifer Hudson. Riding on the success of the Broadway hit from early 80's and nomination leading, box office smashing film Dreamgirls, Hudson has really dominated the awards circuit in her category. She has the rare opportunity to become the first African-American woman to win a Supporting Oscar for a musical. And this time Effie White's gonna win!!

8 days to go!

Sam L
Feb 16th, 2007, 01:31 PM
Is anyone enjoying my countdown? :p

New_balls_please
Feb 17th, 2007, 01:16 AM
Yes I am!

Go Abigail! ;)

KYLIE
Feb 17th, 2007, 05:37 AM
Helen Mirren DESERVS to win in the Best leading female catagory.

Although props for Meryl whom i would pick if any other woman other than Miss Mirren had played such an awe inspiring role in "the queen"...truly remarkable stufff by her!

Miss Hudson is a true inspiration and id be shocked if she didnt nab that award for best supporting. Its her award to lose. Really.

Dreamgirls should have been in the Best Picture catagory...it was very real and very touching for big budget, not as fluff as some may say it was but i loved it. Even Beyonce shocked me, she did a great job as well.

Cant wait for Celine to sing yet another classic song at the Oscars, her powerfull voice will no doubt bring yet another house down!

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 17th, 2007, 05:42 AM
Is anyone enjoying my countdown? :p

Yes, i am!:yeah: Thanks for all of your posts :worship:

fufuqifuqishahah
Feb 17th, 2007, 06:53 AM
Rinko Kikuchi is going to win!

fufuqifuqishahah
Feb 17th, 2007, 06:55 AM
http://www.thefilmexperience.net/Awards/2006/suppactress.html

it says cate has been in almost 5000 films... is that right? lol

Jakeev
Feb 17th, 2007, 07:50 AM
Today's Spotlight

http://a.oscar.abc.com/media/2007/images/nominees/nominations/Dreamgirls_HudsonJ.jpg

She has the rare opportunity to become the first African-American woman to win a Supporting Oscar for a musical. And this time Effie White's gonna win!!

9 days to go!

She would also be just the third African-American woman to win a supporting actress trophy as well as become only the third woman to win in that category for a musical.

Sam L
Feb 17th, 2007, 01:44 PM
Today's Spotlight

http://a.oscar.abc.com/media/2007/images/nominees/nominations/PansLabyrinth.jpg

El Laberinto del Fauno otherwise known as Pan's Labyrinth is a Best Foreign Language film nominee from Mexico. A fantasy tale for adults set in violent post-WWII fascist Spain became a runaway hit with critics and scored itself a phenomenal 5 other nominations. With such strong support, you'd have to consider it a shoo-in for the Best Foreign language film win and I'm sure those who've seen it would thoroughly agree.

7 days to go!

Sam L
Feb 18th, 2007, 01:36 PM
Today's Spotlight

http://a.oscar.abc.com/media/2007/images/nominees/nominations/Volver_CruzP.jpg

Penélope Cruz made history nearly a month ago as the first Spanish actress to be nominated for an Oscar for her tour de force performance in Pedro Almodóvar's Volver. Volver is a Spanish verb meaning literally "to return" and that's exactly what Cruz is doing by returning to her roots and returning to good acting after starring in dud Hollywood blockbusters that took her career nowhere. Nicole Kidman won an Oscar after divorcing Tom Cruise, can Pené do the same after breaking up with Tom?

6 days to go!

~Cherry*Blossom~
Feb 18th, 2007, 03:28 PM
I hope Notes On A Scandal doesn't get screwed over like it has in all the other awards shows :fiery:

Hopefully Judi and Cate win their respective categories!

Sam L
Feb 20th, 2007, 12:40 PM
Today's Spotlight

http://a.oscar.abc.com/media/2007/images/nominees/nominations/PiratesOfTheCaribbean.jpg

Rick Heinrichs is a former oscar winning production designer who scores yet another nomination for his work in box office winner Pirates of the Caribbean II: Dead Man's Chest. This is a technical powerhouse that also scored 3 other tech nominations. And as the highest box office grossing film of 2006 it may just pick up an Oscar or two.

5 days to go!

Hardiansf
Feb 20th, 2007, 02:35 PM
Good luck to Kate Winslet, Streep, and The Departed

mykarma
Feb 20th, 2007, 03:29 PM

:confused:

CC
Feb 20th, 2007, 05:06 PM
That movie is as good as drinking vomit. Hopefully it gets raped in Best Picture, maybe win a sympthy Director oscar, but Martin deserves it... even if the movie doesn't.

I expected to be blown away by The Departed, but I wasn't. On the other hand, I had doubts about Apocalypto and I loved it.

Gonzo Hates Me!
Feb 20th, 2007, 05:09 PM
I don't want Martin Scorcese to win Best Director--EVER! But I did like the Departed--a lot. It got me liking Leo DiCaprio again. But nothing is better than some Mark Wahlberg and Matty Damon

And go Pan's Labyrinth. Six nominations for a foreign film that is so much more than another Chronicles of Narnia. Ahaha

The Daviator
Feb 20th, 2007, 05:25 PM
Rooting for Babel for Best Pic :yeah:

Sam L
Feb 21st, 2007, 01:18 PM
Today's Spotlight

http://a.oscar.abc.com/media/2007/images/nominees/nominations/LittleChildren_HaleyJ.jpg

A former child actor from Bad News Bears, Jackie Earle Haley dropped out of the Hollywood scene and became pretty much unemployed for about 14 years. And this year "Little Children" happened, playing a released sex offender trying to fit back into society. A poignant portrayal which is backed by fellow nominees Kate Winslet and the adapted screenplay, a win for Haley would truly be a comeback miracle story that Hollywood just loves.

4 days to go!

Sam L
Feb 23rd, 2007, 10:48 AM
Today's Spotlight

http://a.oscar.abc.com/media/2007/images/nominees/nominations/Queen.jpg

Scoring a nomination for the first time is Peter Morgan, the screenwriter for "The Queen". The film centres around the events of Princess Diana's death almost 10 years ago and the effect it had on the royal family especially the queen in the ensuing tumultuous week. The film has had rave reviews and apparently Helen Mirren, Stephen Frears the director and Peter Morgan have all been invited to lunch with her majesty herself. Mirren is such a sure bet that some London bookies have refused to take bets for Best Actress and with her win, the film just might pick up another Oscar or more.

3 days to go!

rightous
Feb 23rd, 2007, 11:41 AM
I think the hardest categories to call are Best Film, Best suppt actor and Best Director. I'll go with Babel, Arkin and Eastwood. I also wouldn't be surprised if Hudson loses out, not quite sure who to but I do not think she is as big a lock as people think

Sam L
Feb 23rd, 2007, 10:21 PM
Today's Spotlight

http://a.oscar.abc.com/media/2007/images/nominees/nominations/LittleMissSunshine_BreslinA.jpg

10 year old Oscar nominee is Little Miss Sunshine herself Abigail Breslin. The film has massive support in the industry and if this continues look out for Breslin to upset. Hollywood just loves child actors picking up oscars. Nominated for a total of 6 oscars, the film could become the big winner of the night by winning Best Picture and all sorts of nominees like Breslin and others could get swept up in that tide.

2 days to go!

skanky~skanketta
Feb 23rd, 2007, 10:31 PM
i REALLY want jennifer to win.

Stamp Paid
Feb 23rd, 2007, 10:51 PM
I hope Whitaker and JHud win!

Ferosh
Feb 23rd, 2007, 11:03 PM
Best Picture:
Should Win: Babel
Will Win: Babel
Upset: Little Miss Sunshine

Best Director:
Should Win: Paul Greengrass
Will Win: Martin Scorsese
Upset: Alejandro González Iñárritu

Lead Actor:
Should Win: Forest Whitaker
Will Win: Forest Whitaker
Upset: Peter O'toole

Lead Actress:
Should Win: Helen Mirren
Will Win: Helen Mirren
Upset: Judi Dench

Supporting Actor:
Should Win: Jackie Earle Haley
Will Win: Eddie Murphy
Upset: Alan Arkin

Supporting Actress:
Should Win: Cate Blanchett/Adriana Barraza
Will Win: Jennifer Hudson
Upset: Cate Blanchett/Abigail Breslin

Sugar_Kane
Feb 24th, 2007, 02:02 AM
C'mon Abigail Breslin I know she's an outsider but it would be soo good to see her win. That would make my year. I don't hold much hope but being nominated at 10 is amazing.

CanIGetAWhat
Feb 24th, 2007, 02:05 AM
Letters and Eastwood for Picture and Director!!!

Sam L
Feb 24th, 2007, 02:17 PM
Today's Spotlight

http://a.oscar.abc.com/media/2007/images/nominees/nominations/Departed.jpg

This could well be Marty's Oscars. The highly respected director has been a five time nominee in the directing category alone and has always gone home empty handed. Will it finally be his year? Almost everyone's saying it is. He's backed by a strong critically acclaimed film "The Departed", which scored nominations across the major categories with even a surprise nomination for Marky Mark. I can't think of a better time for AMPAS to award Scorsese. This could be now or never.

1 day to go!

manu32
Feb 24th, 2007, 07:13 PM
Today's Spotlight

http://a.oscar.abc.com/media/2007/images/nominees/nominations/Departed.jpg

This could well be Marty's Oscars. The highly respected director has been a five time nominee in the directing category alone and has always gone home empty handed. Will it finally be his year? Almost everyone's saying it is. He's backed by a strong critically acclaimed film "The Departed", which scored nominations across the major categories with even a surprise nomination for Marky Mark. I can't think of a better time for AMPAS to award Scorsese. This could be now or never.

1 day to go!

i don't like the departed but i like a lot f scorcese's movies.....maybe the academy felt guilty but that's ok ....but little miss sunshine is a better film for me ....
congrats martin and viva little italy

manu32
Feb 24th, 2007, 07:17 PM
it would be fine if mirren don't get tha award because the queen is a bad movie (what happens to frears) but everybody knows since 6 months that the oscar is for mirren.....why????

spiceboy
Feb 25th, 2007, 02:05 AM
24 hours to go...

http://bp3.blogger.com/_Gdt6SgFdNNw/Rd3hQwXlGWI/AAAAAAAAADA/TueoewzkjoE/s1600/pansoscar.jpg

Sam L
Feb 25th, 2007, 01:23 PM
Today's Spotlight

http://a.oscar.abc.com/media/2007/images/nominees/nominations/LettersFromIwoJima.jpg

Okay, so today at work we were talking about Oscars and someone said she heard "Letters from Iwo Jima" will win every award it's up for. "What's going on?" you ask. Well the scary thing is this could happen. Lately, AMPAS has fallen majorly in love with The Clint. So much so that Letters bumped off a film many thought was a shoo-in - Dreamgirls - to secure itself a nomination. This is especially shocking when you consider that Dreamgirls led with the most nominations. If we've learnt one thing in the last few years, it's not to doubt The Clint.

It's Oscar Day!

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 25th, 2007, 06:04 PM
For movie fans who do not know....The pre pre show has started on THE TV GUIDE CHANNEL and E! CHANNEL :D The Joan and Melissa Rivers pre show is on from 6-8 on Tv Guide . Then, the OFFICIAL Pre Show is on from 8-8:30 on ABC ..I CAN'T WAIT! :D :bounce:

416_Man
Feb 25th, 2007, 06:14 PM
I really enjoyed Babel. Reminded me of a smart man's Crash. If fucking Clint wins even one of the two big awards I'll slit my throat.

Danči Dementia
Feb 25th, 2007, 08:05 PM
The only thing that I hope for tonights show is a Mexican taking one oscar AND MAKES HISTORY........

18 nominations I really thing we have a good chance.

I think that Guillermo del Toro is the one who is going to win for "El lAberinto del Fauno":worship: :worship: :worship:
And I hope that "El Chivo" Lubezki finally wins his oscar. He's been nominated four times and its about damned time he gets one.

1 oscar only one is all that Mexico ask and cares for today.......who cares if milk or tortilla are more expensivemtomorrow we just want an Oscar.

Its really amazing how all my people is really happy about the nomination even when we know that we don't have many rewal chances we are still very happy and you can be sure that half of Mexico is going to be wacthing the oscars tonigth.

I wish the best to Scorsese.................if he doesn't win the best director oscar............................:fiery: :fiery: .
He deserves it more than anyome else.
I think he is going to win best director and Clint Eastwood is going to win for best movie and like that everybody is going to be happy( in the Academy).

My biggest desire is for Adriana Barraza even when I know Jennifer Hudson is everyone's favorite.

1 PINCHE OSCAR PORFAVOR....................................

Regards to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wavey:

Danči Dementia
Feb 25th, 2007, 08:09 PM
I really enjoyed Babel. Reminded me of a smart man's Crash. If fucking Clint wins even one of the two big awards I'll slit my throat.

That its what I am afraid that its going to happen today.
Clint's "letters....." is going to win best movie.

I don't think that Babel will win that one (even when I would love to) I don't think that its going to happen.

If oit wher up tome I will give the best movies oscar to Babel

But please don't alit your throat..................(I have no idea what the hell does "stil my throat" means .........but I'm sure is not good.......)

:wavey:

Sam L
Feb 25th, 2007, 10:24 PM
Yesterday at work we talked about the oscars and we were betting who's going to win:

My predictions:

Picture: Babel
Director: Scorsese
Actor: Whittaker
Actress: Mirren
S.Actor: Arkin
S.Actress: Breslin
O.Screenplay: Little Miss Sunshine
A.Screenplay: Notes on a Scandal

I'll explain these later and will give a prediction on all categories.

:inlove:
Feb 25th, 2007, 10:28 PM
Watching the Oscars is actually quite tedious and boring, but I will, as always, stay up to watch it anyway. :angel: :o

The Daviator
Feb 25th, 2007, 10:33 PM
Watching the Oscars is actually quite tedious and boring, but I will, as always, stay up to watch it anyway. :angel: :o

No doubt like me, you're on edge to see who will win Best Sound Mixing :banana:

:inlove:
Feb 25th, 2007, 10:36 PM
Nah, Sound editing is more my thing. :)

Modiac.
Feb 25th, 2007, 10:39 PM
I can't wait to see Helen Mirren in Christian LaCroix. :hearts:

The Daviator
Feb 25th, 2007, 10:40 PM
Nah, Sound editing is more my thing. :)

What a useless category :ras:

Modiac.
Feb 25th, 2007, 11:24 PM
http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/m/2007-02-26/U1513P28T3D1458417F326DT20070226071503.jpg
Maggie Gyllenhaal :help:

Sam L
Feb 25th, 2007, 11:31 PM
Predictions for minor categories:

Best Art Direction: Dreamgirls
Best Costume Design: Dreamgirls
Best Cinematography: Pan's Labyrinth
Best Documentary: An Inconvenient Truth
Best Documentary Short: Recycled Life
Best Film Editing: Babel
Best Foreign Language Film: Pan's Labyrinth
Best Makeup: Pan's Labyrinth
Best Original Score: The Queen
Best Original Song: An Inconvenient Truth
Best Sound Editing: Pirates of the Caribbean
Best Sound Mixing: Pirates of the Caribbean
Best Visual Effects: Pirates of the Caribbean
Best Animated Feature Film: Happy Feet

I've done everything except short films.

Sam L
Feb 25th, 2007, 11:36 PM
Best Adapted Screenplay

Who should win: "Children of Men". This was a difficult adaptation and could easily have become a typical train wreck of sci-fi films. But it was the screenplay that really held the film together. It's also not overdone with emotion.

Children of Men

Who will win: Screenplay winners tend to go to Best Picture nominees or winners or where they feel they have something to make up. The Departed is the only one that's a picture nominee and could get swept up if it wins big. It's probably the safest bet.

The Departed

My prediction: Notes on a scandal had two acting nominees that probably aren't going to win but in many people's eyes they were some of the best performances of the year. Voters could possibly look to reward the film here.

Notes on a Scandal

Sam L
Feb 25th, 2007, 11:39 PM
Best Original Screenplay

Who should win: The Queen. Let's not kid ourselves. This is a huge huge huge risk for anyone attempting it. Here it paid off. It's a critical smash and her majesty herself approves.

The Queen

Who will win: Hard to say with 4 BP nominees lining up and Pan's Labyrinth is also there. A strong category. I think I'm going to go with Little Miss Sunshine purely because I don't think it'll win Picture and voters will look to reward it here.

Little Miss Sunshine

My Prediction: See above.

Little Miss Sunshine

Modiac.
Feb 25th, 2007, 11:43 PM
Judie Foster :hearts: :hearts:
http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/m/2007-02-26/U1513P28T3D1458480F326DT20070226074144.jpg

Sam L
Feb 25th, 2007, 11:43 PM
Best Supporting Actress

Who should win: All of them. Yes, this is a rare category in which all are good but no one stands out head and shoulders above the rest.

All 5 nominees

Who will win: Jennifer Hudson. I think the role's too big and she's won too much to be snubbed at the last hurdle.

Jennifer Hudson, Dreamgirls

My Prediction: Well at the office we were taking bets and people were split between Blanchett and Hudson. I put my money on Breslin because I wanted to be different and this is really a no guts no glory call from me. I know Hudson will win but we just don't know how much the Academy loves Sunshine. I'm willing to bet.

Abigail Breslin, Little Miss Sunshine

Sam L
Feb 25th, 2007, 11:47 PM
Best Supporting Actor

Who should win: Jackie Earle Haley's tough tough role got my respect. It's incredibly hard to play a character that many won't like and you yourself won't. He played with heart and sympathy. There was also subtlety.

Jackie Earle Haley, Little Children

Who will win: I heard some in Hollywood were so against Eddie Norbit Murphy winning that there was a campaign started. I don't know despite all that I think he's in a pretty good shape. One thing though. No two supporting winners had ever come from a film not nominated for Picture. This is not a good omen for Murphy. But still...

Eddie Murphy, Dreamgirls

My Prediction: I'm still holding on strong to Sunshine. I just think it'll shock people. I'll most likely be wrong.

Alan Arkin, Little Miss Sunshine

Sam L
Feb 25th, 2007, 11:49 PM
Best Actress

Who should win: A strong lineup and one of the best in many years but Mirren is better them than all by a nose. Yes she really is.

Helen Mirren, The Queen

Who will win: Helen Mirren.

Helen Mirren, The Queen

My Prediction: Not worth talking about.

Helen Mirren, The Queen

CondiLicious
Feb 25th, 2007, 11:51 PM
The red carpet crap started. Jodie Foster looks nice. Penelope Cruz looks like sick. She looks like a big pile of sick. She looks like somebody ate a huge pile of chick peas and them vomited them all over it and all the congealed sick has stuck to the bottom of her dress. Not a fan of the dress. Not a fan of the actress.

Modiac.
Feb 25th, 2007, 11:52 PM
Gael García Bernal
http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/m/p/2007-02-26/U1145P28T3D1458493F326DT20070226074630.jpg

Sam L
Feb 25th, 2007, 11:52 PM
Best Actor

Who should win: Tough to say. All fairly strong performances. If I had to give a personal personal opinion. Leo DiCaprio. There I said it. I thought he played that role with heart and elevated it more than an action film with a message.

Leo DiCaprio, Blood Diamond

Who will win: Forrest Whittaker. He's almost as strong as Mirren. But his speeches in the precursors had sucked. But he'll still win.

Forrest Whittaker, The Last King of Scotland

My Prediction: Forrest is looking too good. And aside from my personal bias, his performance is too strong as well to lose.

Forrest Whittaker, The Last King of Scotland

Modiac.
Feb 25th, 2007, 11:54 PM
OMG :eek: :eek:
J.Lo :lol:
http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/m/f/p/2007-02-26/U1343P28T3D1458515F326DT20070226075242.jpg

Sam L
Feb 25th, 2007, 11:55 PM
Best Director

Who should win: Alejandro González Iñárritu for Babel. This could have been a sprawling mess or a bore like 21 grams but it isn't. It's an epic and if they're done right, whoever does it deserves it imo.

Alejandro González Iñárritu, Babel

Who will win: Scorsese. Unfortunate because this is not his best effort. I so hate makeup oscars. Some won't see this as that. But it is.

Martin Scorsese, The Departed.

My Prediction: Scorsese's too hot and they won't dare snub him again. Or are they?

Martin Scorsese, The Departed.

new-york
Feb 25th, 2007, 11:57 PM
ajde Forest & Babel.

Sam L
Feb 25th, 2007, 11:57 PM
Best Picture

Who should win: Babel. See my argument for Iñárritu.

Babel

Who will win: Well this is the million dollar question isn't it. I don't know. The cynic in me coming out and I'm going to say Letters from Iwo Jima. I hope not. :rolleyes:

Letters from Iwo Jima

My Prediction: Babel. Should and hopefully win. They do love their ensemble pieces. And this is a film with something important to say. Like Brooke above said it's a smart man's Crash.

Babel

Sam L
Feb 25th, 2007, 11:58 PM
Thanks for the red carpet pics guys!! Let's get this party started!! :bounce:

Cilla
Feb 26th, 2007, 12:01 AM
JLo's dress is nice, but the 'bling' totally screws it up. Maggie G. should've made sure someone ironed her dress properly before she stepped out (or is that the style? :o)

Modiac.
Feb 26th, 2007, 12:02 AM
Rinko Kikuchi
http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/m/p/2007-02-26/U1513P28T3D1458535F326DT20070226075924.jpg

BTW,I saw Ryan Seacrest.
He looks fine today! ;)

Modiac.
Feb 26th, 2007, 12:03 AM
http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/m/p/2007-02-26/U1343P28T3D1458530F326DT20070226075812.jpg
"I'm a virgin today." :lol:

Sam L
Feb 26th, 2007, 12:06 AM
Rinko Kikuchi
http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/m/p/2007-02-26/U1513P28T3D1458535F326DT20070226075924.jpg

BTW,I saw Ryan Seacrest.
He looks fine today! ;)

She looks really beautiful...

DaNieLa RoCkZ
Feb 26th, 2007, 12:10 AM
http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/m/p/2007-02-26/U1343P28T3D1458530F326DT20070226075812.jpg

Who the fuck is that?

Cilla
Feb 26th, 2007, 12:10 AM
Who the hell is that? :lol:

Sally Struthers
Feb 26th, 2007, 12:11 AM

good god :help:

Sam L
Feb 26th, 2007, 12:12 AM
good god :help:

Well she's had her moment for the day. :lol:

Modiac.
Feb 26th, 2007, 12:13 AM
http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/m/p/2007-02-26/U1513P28T3D1458569F326DT20070226081035.jpg

Jessica Biel :hearts:

Modiac.
Feb 26th, 2007, 12:16 AM
http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/m/p/2007-02-26/U1145P28T3D1458580F326DT20070226081257.jpg

J.Lo again. This one is better.

Sally Struthers
Feb 26th, 2007, 12:16 AM
http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/m/p/2007-02-26/U1513P28T3D1458569F326DT20070226081035.jpg

Jessica Biel :hearts:

the color is bad on her

Modiac.
Feb 26th, 2007, 12:17 AM
http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/m/p/2007-02-26/U1343P28T3D1458596F326DT20070226081533.jpg
Cameron Diaz looks like a big napkin.

fnuf7
Feb 26th, 2007, 12:20 AM

:haha: I officially love this person. No idea who she is but I love her! Genius.

Modiac.
Feb 26th, 2007, 12:21 AM
http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/m/p/2007-02-26/U1513P28T3D1458606F326DT20070226081937.jpg
Leonardo DiCaprio

Modiac.
Feb 26th, 2007, 12:21 AM
:haha: I officially love this person. No idea who she is but I love her! Genius.

I think she is Sally Kirkland.

Joan Rivers
Feb 26th, 2007, 12:22 AM
"I'm a virgin today." :lol:Dear God, someone's exhumed Divine and threw him down the red carpet!

Modiac.
Feb 26th, 2007, 12:23 AM
Guess who she is?

http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/m/p/2007-02-26/U1343P28T3D1458607F326DT20070226082030.jpg

Rachel Weisz. :help:

fnuf7
Feb 26th, 2007, 12:25 AM
http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/m/p/2007-02-26/U1513P28T3D1458606F326DT20070226081937.jpg
Leonardo DiCaprio

I never used to fancy him when he was in Titanic etc but ever since The Aviator & Gangs of New York I've kind of started to find him attractive and hot and I'm not entirely sure why :tape: :bolt:

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 26th, 2007, 12:25 AM
I think she is Sally Kirkland.

It is her ;)

CondiLicious
Feb 26th, 2007, 12:26 AM
OMG! Celine Dion looks amazing. How the fuck did that happen? She's like addicted to dressing like a muppet at the Oscars. But she looks great!

Cilla
The dress is ok, but not liking her make-up @ all.

LeRoy.
Rachel Weiz looks like a drag queen with too much make up :spit:

Cameron Diaz looks like a hag

Biel the dress is bad

J Lo looks fantastic as always

Modiac.
Penelope Cruz

http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/m/p/2007-02-26/U1513P28T3D1458613F326DT20070226082420.jpg

A "NO FUR" girl would kill her if she keeps smile. :lol:

Cilla
Feb 26th, 2007, 12:27 AM
Kirsten's Dunst's dress & look is awful.

LeRoy.
Feb 26th, 2007, 12:28 AM
Penelope

The ugly gown :help:

Modiac.
Feb 26th, 2007, 12:28 AM
http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/m/p/2007-02-26/U1343P28T3D1458617F326DT20070226082528.jpg
Best actress favorate:Helen Mirren ;)

Sam L
Feb 26th, 2007, 12:29 AM
Penelope Cruz

http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/m/p/2007-02-26/U1513P28T3D1458613F326DT20070226082420.jpg

A "NO FUR" girl would kill her if she keeps smile. :lol:

That's not fur is it? I think she looks gorgeous.

fnuf7
Feb 26th, 2007, 12:30 AM
OMG! Celine Dion looks amazing. How the fuck did that happen? She's like addicted to dressing like a muppet at the Oscars. But she looks great!

I want to know why the fuck she's there?! :shrug:

Helen Mirren has the best dress so far in my opinion :)

LeRoy.
Feb 26th, 2007, 12:31 AM
The highlight so far

Anne Hathaway ridiculing Seacrest for crying during Devil Wears Prada :spit:

Cilla
Feb 26th, 2007, 12:32 AM
What's with the hair Gwyneth? :o

CondiLicious
I want to know why the fuck she's there?! :shrug:

Helen Mirren has the best dress so far in my opinion :)

Because she is singing a song. A tribute to somebody or something. The sing is "I Knew I Loved You" or something. Lots of string instruments and a snoozefest.

Modiac.
http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/m/p/2007-02-26/U1358P28T3D1458632F326DT20070226083052.jpg
Sally,u did it! :rocker:

Modiac.
Feb 26th, 2007, 12:33 AM
http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/m/p/2007-02-26/U1513P28T3D1458634F326DT20070226083123.jpg
Celine Dion

Modiac.
Feb 26th, 2007, 12:35 AM
http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/m/p/2007-02-26/U1343P28T3D1458639F326DT20070226083318.jpg
The Smiths

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 26th, 2007, 12:36 AM
http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/m/p/2007-02-26/U1358P28T3D1458632F326DT20070226083052.jpg
Sally,u did it! :rocker:

:worship: Sally Kirkland is a legend ( for many reasons lol ) and an OSCAR Nominee and 2 time Golden Globe Nominee ( winning it once ) in her own right :cool: She likes to have fun on the red carpet ( obviously)..but she also has an EXTREMELY impressive acting resume ...IMDB.com lists all of her films ;-)

fnuf7
Feb 26th, 2007, 12:36 AM
Because she is singing a song. A tribute to somebody or something. The sing is "I Knew I Loved You" or something. Lots of string instruments and a snoozefest.

Good god did they not learn from previous years?!

Sorry I just seem to have a huge dislike for Celine when she gets anywhere near the stage, I can handle her on a cd or mp3 but her singing live is a different beast altogether...plus I hate that song ;)

Cilla
Feb 26th, 2007, 12:38 AM
Nicole - wtf is that around your neck? :help:

Modiac.
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/1130/cateblanchettll7.jpg
Kate rocks!!

LeRoy.
J Hudson doesn't look good. Emily Blunt looked elegant

DemWilliamsGulls
Im mad at that horrible dress Jennifer has on..she's notorious for ugly dresses....even on American Idol when she wore that hot pink dress that was a hot mess lol...anyway i'm hoping she win..she just needs to take off that space coat..the dress is pretty...loose the jacket tho baby sista.

CondiLicious
Feb 26th, 2007, 12:39 AM

Sorry I just seem to have a huge dislike for Celine when she gets anywhere near the stage, I can handle her on a cd or mp3 but her singing live is a different beast altogether...plus I hate that song ;)

I'm the opposite. Live she's a Goddess (Her Vegas show is OMFG amazing!). On a CD she's snooze. That and she's the goofiest, nicest, most cringeworthy person in the world ever.

fnuf7
Feb 26th, 2007, 12:39 AM
Cate Blanchett's dress rockz, it kind of looks like a bit like chainmail armour to me :lol: Like it though :)

LeRoy.
Feb 26th, 2007, 12:40 AM
Cate Blanchett looks gorgeous again as always :eek:

Wintermute
Feb 26th, 2007, 12:41 AM

The Oscars have never learnt anything from previous years! That's why they still have interpretive dance sequences and pointless montages.

CrossCourt~Rally
Kate rocks!!

CATE IS BEST DRESSED SO FAR!! :worship:

Cilla
Kate looks so yummy :hearts:

CondiLicious
Nah I think Rinko is the best dressed so far.

fnuf7
Feb 26th, 2007, 12:42 AM
I'm the opposite. Live she's a Goddess (Her Vegas show is OMFG amazing!). On a CD she's snooze. That and she's the goofiest, nicest, most cringeworthy person in the world ever.

That's the key word there...I always end up feeling embarrassed for her so I can't bare to sit through a whole performance (although I did almost go to the Vegas show one time :lol: ) but then there are many artists out there who I can't bare to watch cos I just end up feeling embarrassed for them...maybe I'm just weak ;)

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 26th, 2007, 12:42 AM
Nah I think Rinko is the best dressed so far.

She does look nice :D

LeRoy.
Feb 26th, 2007, 12:43 AM
Can't get enough of that Cate pic :hearts: :inlove:

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 26th, 2007, 12:44 AM
OH SHIT! Someone get a picture of NICOLE KIDMAN! She is looking FIERCE in RED! The only thing i do not like about it is the bow on her shoulder ;)

LeRoy.
Feb 26th, 2007, 12:45 AM
http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2007/specials/oscars07/arrivals/jennifer_hudson.jpg (http://www.people.com/people/package/redcarpet2007/gallery/0,,20006775_20013270_4,00.html)

:help:

Modiac.
Feb 26th, 2007, 12:45 AM
http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/m/p/2007-02-26/U1343P28T3D1458672F326DT20070226084344.jpg
Anne Hathaway

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 26th, 2007, 12:46 AM
A glowing 4 months preggers Naomi Watts is walking the red carpet with Nicole! My two fave Aussie actresses :hearts: Naomi has a really nice 50s hairdo combined with a silky yellow and black dress that is just poofy enough in the front that it hides her belly ;)

Modiac.
http://cimg2.163.com/photo/0003/2007-02-26/388CFGAM05OJ0003.jpg
Beyonce

LeRoy.
http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/photographer/54/5462_large.jpg

Portia De Rossi

fnuf7
What is Anne Hathaway wearing?! :confused: Without the bow it'd be ok (although a little wedding-y) but that bow thing on the front is just ugh!

Also Beyonce looks ok (though I usually hate her style of dress) Kirsten Dunst looks awful in the pics I've seen, horrid make up and hair :eek:

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 26th, 2007, 12:47 AM
http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2007/specials/oscars07/arrivals/jennifer_hudson.jpg (http://www.people.com/people/package/redcarpet2007/gallery/0,,20006775_20013270_4,00.html)

:lol: It would be ok if it wasn't for the BOWS :p

LeRoy.
Feb 26th, 2007, 12:47 AM
Beyonce WTF :tape: SLIT a bit too high

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 26th, 2007, 12:48 AM
:lol: http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/photographer/54/5462_large.jpg

Portia De Rossi

Sexy asual:hearts: ...the HOTTEST lipstick lesbian of all time :lol: :worship:

Cilla
Feb 26th, 2007, 12:48 AM
I bet Mel B thought she'd be going to the oscars with Eddie this year...:tape:

Modiac.
Feb 26th, 2007, 12:49 AM
I don't like that tie on Nicole's neck.

Cilla
Feb 26th, 2007, 12:49 AM
Reese looks great! Ryan who? ;)

Wintermute
Feb 26th, 2007, 12:50 AM
Beyonce WTF :tape: SLIT a bit too high

Not as high as Ashley Judd's that one time. ;)

LeRoy.
Feb 26th, 2007, 12:50 AM
http://us.ent10.yimg.com/img.movies.yahoo.com//movies/us/img/oscars/gallery/865707204_0819442711.jpg?x=400&y=400&sig=QUs0_4w1OP0QxOGjLpUlAA--

Cilla
Feb 26th, 2007, 12:51 AM

:o

LeRoy.
Feb 26th, 2007, 12:51 AM
Portia De Rossi is looking delicious

LeRoy.
Feb 26th, 2007, 12:52 AM
http://us.ent10.yimg.com/img.movies.yahoo.com//movies/us/img/oscars/gallery/603716204_4974442711.jpg?x=400&y=400&sig=cl4ZKvCM.1mbfl0SMUn2oQ--

Joan Rivers

Cilla
Feb 26th, 2007, 12:52 AM
As for what Meryl is wearing...:tape:

Infiniti2001
Feb 26th, 2007, 12:56 AM

WTF Jennifer has been looking so lovely leading up to the Oscars. Who the hell chose this piece of crap?:help:

Modiac.
http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/m/p/2007-02-26/U1513P28T3D1458719F326DT20070226085453.jpg
Gwyneth :tape:

fnuf7
Love Kate Winslet's dress, the colour, the simplicity, the weird mini-sash over the shoulder thing :yeah: Love it :)

Modiac.
Feb 26th, 2007, 12:57 AM
http://cimg2.163.com/photo/0003/2007-02-26/388CSB2005OJ0003.jpg

LeRoy.
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070226/capt.c8ef93ea94594beca392c2de39990628.oscars_arriv als_carg115.jpg?x=201&y=345&sig=AMfleuQbMtkhGrUdNFH4qQ--

who is this ? Lisa Ray

Chris 84
Kate rocks!!

She looks like she's been dipped in cement :tape:

cometz9
Nicole :hearts: but the bow :o

fnuf7
Feb 26th, 2007, 12:58 AM
http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/3447/katewinsletoscars200701wj6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

:yeah:

cometz9
Feb 26th, 2007, 12:58 AM
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070226/capt.c8ef93ea94594beca392c2de39990628.oscars_arriv als_carg115.jpg?x=201&y=345&sig=AMfleuQbMtkhGrUdNFH4qQ--

who is this ? Lisa Ray

Indian actress but i don't know any of her movies :confused:

LeRoy.
Feb 26th, 2007, 12:59 AM
Kate Winslet looks good too :yeah:

Infiniti2001

who is this ? Lisa Ray
http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/861/captc8ef93ea94594beca39hz7.jpg
She is half Indian and half white and Canadian. She was never really accepted in Bollywood :sad: I like her though

cometz9
Kate is so beautiful

LeRoy.
Feb 26th, 2007, 01:00 AM

She looks amazing !

Oh wait i see her film "Water" is nominated in the best foreign film category

Cilla
Feb 26th, 2007, 01:00 AM
E! praising Reese's dress and saying breaking up with Ryan was the best thing to happen to her :lol: "women with boyfriend trouble, dump your men and look great!" :lol:

Cilla
Feb 26th, 2007, 01:01 AM
Meh, not Kate's best look. Her outfit is a bit plain jane imo.

fnuf7
Feb 26th, 2007, 01:02 AM
Yeah Nicole looks great apart from that thing at her neck...

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/6608/nicolekidmanoscars20070gw2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Infiniti2001
Feb 26th, 2007, 01:02 AM

She was in Hollywood Bollywood and Kasoor

cometz9
Feb 26th, 2007, 01:03 AM
Cameron :help:

LeRoy.
Feb 26th, 2007, 01:03 AM
Nicole - that shade of red against her really pale skin does not look very good imo

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 26th, 2007, 01:04 AM
Lisa Ling is doing the red carpet for ABC :worship:

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 26th, 2007, 01:05 AM
Nicole - that shade of red against her really pale skin does not look very good imo

I love the contrast :D :D

Modiac.
Feb 26th, 2007, 01:06 AM
Lisa Ling is doing the red carpet for ABC :worship:

She looks fine in her black dress,too.

Now she's interviewing Nicole and Naomi.:)

star
I love Cate's dress :hearts:

CrossCourt~Rally
Yeah Nicole looks great apart from that thing at her neck...

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/6608/nicolekidmanoscars20070gw2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

I agree... everything looks great except the BOW around her right shoulder:lol: I just want to go there and cut it off :p

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 26th, 2007, 01:07 AM
She looks fine in her black dress,too.

Now she's interviewing Nicole and Naomi.:)

I hope someday Nicole and Naomi make a movie together ;)

fnuf7
Feb 26th, 2007, 01:07 AM
I agree... everything looks great except the BOW around her right shoulder:lol: I just want to go there and cut it off :p

I bet it's well annoying for her as well to have that massive thing just sitting on your shoulder/neck all night :lol: The red looks great though :)

Modiac.
Feb 26th, 2007, 01:08 AM
Jennifer Hudson's collar :tape:

LeRoy.
Feb 26th, 2007, 01:11 AM
Nicole - the bow WTF
Didn't she learn from Charlize Theron's horror last year? Avoid bows like the plague. What was she thinking?

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 26th, 2007, 01:11 AM
I bet it's well annoying for her as well to have that massive thing just sitting on your shoulder/neck all night :lol: The red looks great though :)

Everytime she turns her head she comes eye to eye with that big red thing :lol: I am sure it brushes up against her hair aswell
:silly:

LeRoy.
Feb 26th, 2007, 01:13 AM
Reese and Cate are the best dressed for me followed by J Lo followed by Kate (not so much the dress but the overall look)

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 26th, 2007, 01:14 AM
Jada Pinket looks nice. Dayum she is in great shape:worship: She could play Barbarella :lol:

cometz9
Feb 26th, 2007, 01:17 AM
Eddie Murphy came out of nowhere and now he's favorite for Best Supporting Actor :eek: he didn't win any critics awards

fnuf7
Feb 26th, 2007, 01:17 AM
Everytime she turns her head she comes eye to eye with that big red thing :lol: I am sure it brushes up against her hair aswell
:silly:

Maybe it's cos her husband isn't with her (well I haven't seen him yet :tape: ) so the bow thing is her companion for the night ;)

Any pics of Meryl, I haven't seen her yet...

~Cherry*Blossom~
Feb 26th, 2007, 01:18 AM
ewww, J-Lo looks off key :tape:

Cate Blanchett & Tracey Edmonds look good :drool:

fnuf7
Feb 26th, 2007, 01:20 AM
Ok so I agree that Reese looks great (excpet perhaps she should have cut her hair a little...just looks a little too long or straight or something :shrug: though the fringe looks good :) )
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/2862/reesewitherspoonoscars2wt6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

In fact I think it's my fav so far, followed by Kate Winslet and Nicole's (minus her bow-friend ;) ) oh and Helen Mirren's dress :yeah:

LeRoy.
Feb 26th, 2007, 01:20 AM
I love the contrast :D :D

Its a shade of red i have grown accustomed to seeing on the very tan Christina Aguilera and she rocks the whole red lipstick red dress/red bag with red shoes to match look.

Cilla
Feb 26th, 2007, 01:21 AM
Nicole said Keith is backstage...

Modiac.
Feb 26th, 2007, 01:23 AM
Ryan Gosling looks cute!

Cilla
Feb 26th, 2007, 01:24 AM
Ryan Gosling looks cute!
I agree. He yummy :hearts:

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 26th, 2007, 01:24 AM
Its a shade of red i have grown accustomed to seeing on the very tan Christina Aguilera and she rocks the whole red lipstick red dress/red bag with red shoes to match look.

Yeah..i am not a fan of it on Christina ( i like her though, just not in red :lol: ). I guess we have different tastes in divas in red :lol:

cometz9
Feb 26th, 2007, 01:25 AM
Kate :sad: i want her to win :(

fnuf7
Feb 26th, 2007, 01:25 AM
I dislike Naomi Watt's dress (although she is pretty cool herself) The dress just kind of looks like it's about to fall down any second :eek:

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 26th, 2007, 01:26 AM
Ok so I agree that Reese looks great (excpet perhaps she should have cut her hair a little...just looks a little too long or straight or something :shrug: though the fringe looks good :) )
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/2862/reesewitherspoonoscars2wt6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

In fact I think it's my fav so far, followed by Kate Winslet and Nicole's (minus her bow-friend ;) ) oh and Helen Mirren's dress :yeah:

I agree...i also like your top 3. Cate B would be 4th of my list ;)

badunka
Kate looks phenomenal! wow super classy lady! Too bad she won't win tonight but I think she definitely deserves to win soon. Her 0 for 5 record is undeserved.

CrossCourt~Rally
I dislike Naomi Watt's dress (although she is pretty cool herself) The dress just kind of looks like it's about to fall down any second :eek:

Her baby bump is weighing it down :lol: ;)

badunka
Feb 26th, 2007, 01:27 AM
I agree...i also like your top 3. Cate B would be 4th of my list ;)

Reese looks sexy.

Modiac.
Feb 26th, 2007, 01:27 AM
Kate is the youngest actress who got 5 more oscar nominations. ;)

LucasArg
Feb 26th, 2007, 01:28 AM
Reese, Blanchet, Cruz, Kidman, Hudson,Beyonce, All look amazing :hearts:

Ryan Gosling mmmmmmmmm :hearts: :inlove:

austennis
Indian actress but i don't know any of her movies

yea she stars in water with john abraham.. this movie just might win..

fnuf7
Kate is the youngest actress who got 5 more oscar nominations. ;)

That's cos she rockz! :yeah: She'll blatently win it (multiple times probably) in the future though not tonight ;)

fnuf7
Feb 26th, 2007, 01:30 AM
Her baby bump is weighing it down :lol: ;)

Aww baby Liev :) Don't know why but I've always found Liev Schrieber very attractive :yeah: Anyone seen him yet?

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 26th, 2007, 01:30 AM
Peter O'toole :lol:

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 26th, 2007, 01:31 AM
Aww baby Liev :) Don't know why but I've always found Liev Schrieber very attractive :yeah: Anyone seen him yet?

Not yet, he is probobly backstage with Nicoles Hubby ;)

Modiac.
Feb 26th, 2007, 01:32 AM
Kristen wears Chanel
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/5216/12903423poshigirl225200ix3.jpg
http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/378/00510mew1.jpg

Modiac.
Feb 26th, 2007, 01:33 AM
beyonce in Armani Privé. ;)
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/3650/12903464poshigirl225200hi6.jpg
http://www.style.com/slideshows/fashionshows/S2007CTR/APRIVE/RUNWAY/00580m.jpg

Cilla
Feb 26th, 2007, 01:33 AM
I didn't realise who Liev was until they just said he was in the Scream movies, then it clicked. He was Cotton Weary?

Modiac.
Feb 26th, 2007, 01:34 AM
Gwyneth in Zac Posen.
http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/2407/12903540kochie322520077sg8.jpg
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/7753/00440m6cf97yb5.jpg

Sally Struthers
Feb 26th, 2007, 01:40 AM
Ellen in the velvet leisure suit .. :help:

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 26th, 2007, 01:40 AM
THe runway/ actress comparison pics are a nice touch :yeah:

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 26th, 2007, 01:41 AM

Thats ELLEN...did u expect her to be in the same dress as JLo:lol:

Steam
Feb 26th, 2007, 01:41 AM
Wow, Ellen is BOMBING.

Somebody needs to cue the car crash sound effects.

Sally Struthers
Feb 26th, 2007, 01:42 AM
and Peter O'Toole in the Hugh Heffner get up :help: :o

Steam
Feb 26th, 2007, 01:42 AM
Jesus, ANOTHER 2000 Presidential joke at the Oscars. Get the hell over it.

new-york
Feb 26th, 2007, 01:43 AM
french translation. :sobbing:

CrossCourt~Rally
Pheeew...Jennifer took off her ruffles wings...i like the dress now :bounce:

MrSerenaWilliams
Jesus, ANOTHER 2000 Presidential joke at the Oscars. Get the hell over it.
yeah :o

Modiac.
Feb 26th, 2007, 01:44 AM
http://www.style.com/slideshows/fashionshows/S2007CTR/VALENTIN/RUNWAY/00330m.jpg
I found Cameron's dress.It's Valentino.

~Cherry*Blossom~
wow Leo looks hot :o and I don't really think much of him :eek:

CrossCourt~Rally
Ellen is doing a great job :worship:

Infiniti2001

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/5895/grabbedframe1yl0.jpg
http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/2622/grabbedframe2xf5.jpg

I thought she'd wear a dress

MrSerenaWilliams
get to Jen's award already :rolleyes: I have places to go :lol:

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 26th, 2007, 01:45 AM
NICOLE BEAUTIFUL AS USUAL! Just lose the bow hun! :lol:

MrSerenaWilliams
Feb 26th, 2007, 01:46 AM
Nicole looks like a puppy :lol: that was gift wrapped for Christmas

Sally Struthers
Feb 26th, 2007, 01:46 AM
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/5895/grabbedframe1yl0.jpg
http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/2622/grabbedframe2xf5.jpg

I thought she'd wear a dress

I didn't expect a dress but a nice looking pants suit

Modiac.
Feb 26th, 2007, 01:47 AM
The new 007 looks so nervous. :lol:

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 26th, 2007, 01:47 AM
Nicole looks like a puppy :lol: that was gift wrapped for Christmas

The most beautiful puppy in the world ...IMO :hearts:

LeRoy.
Feb 26th, 2007, 01:48 AM
i think Cate is wearing Armani Privé

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 26th, 2007, 01:49 AM
The new 007 looks so nervous. :lol:

MAGGIE is on..she got robbed for BEST ACTRESS NOM. for SherryBaby. She is one of my fave actresses:D :bounce:

LeRoy.
Feb 26th, 2007, 01:50 AM
Now that i think of it, i have never seen Cate B. look less than smashing at any show/event. She either has great fashion sense or has the right people working for her :yeah:

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 26th, 2007, 01:50 AM
That dance into the Oscar statue was cool :cool:

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 26th, 2007, 01:51 AM
Now that i think of it, i have never seen Cate B. look less than smashing at any show/event. She either has great fashion sense or has the right people working for her :yeah:

Yeah..i loved it :D

Cilla
Feb 26th, 2007, 01:54 AM
omg, wtf? :lol:

Steam
Feb 26th, 2007, 01:55 AM
This is awesome. Will Ferrell rules.

Steam
Feb 26th, 2007, 01:55 AM
Yesss!!!! Its Cal Naughton Jr!!!

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 26th, 2007, 01:58 AM
:haha: That was funny :bounce:

Steam
Feb 26th, 2007, 01:58 AM
They should just have Will Ferrell do that shit for the three hours with him handing out awards from time to time.

new-york
Feb 26th, 2007, 01:59 AM
Will Ferrell is wearing a wig right?:o

Steam
Feb 26th, 2007, 02:00 AM
Will Ferrell is wearing a wig right?:o

Nope. That's all him.

Steam
Feb 26th, 2007, 02:00 AM
Wow, that was awkward with the kids. That girl bugs the shit out of me.

~Cherry*Blossom~
Feb 26th, 2007, 02:01 AM
awww they are so cute :awww: