PDA

View Full Version : Optimists

Langers
Feb 11th, 2007, 04:25 AM
They annoy me. :o I donít have a problem with people trying to be positive but you have got to be realistic at the same time. It annoys me when people are overly optimistic.

Is it just me? :p

Paneru
Feb 11th, 2007, 04:33 AM
Sorry, but I simply choose not to go into things assuming the worst. That doesn't mean however, one isn't being realistic, it's hope inspite of everything. Sometimes that hope pans out and some times it doesn't.

IMO, without optimism, their is no hope,
and without hope, well...heaven help
us all. :cool:

Sally Struthers
Feb 11th, 2007, 04:34 AM
optimists live longer than pessimists.

Dementieva_Dude
Feb 11th, 2007, 04:38 AM
optimists live longer than pessimists.

I never believe studies like that :p

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Feb 11th, 2007, 04:43 AM
For me I go into any Situation knowing whatever happens I will be ok at the end of the day I am realistic too knowing not everything is hunkey-dorey but I just think I can handle anything that is thrown my way.

Dementieva_Dude
Feb 11th, 2007, 05:02 AM
For me I go into any Situation knowing whatever happens I will be ok at the end of the day I am realistic too knowing not everything is hunkey-dorey but I just think I can handle anything that is thrown my way.

Yeah, I feel the same way. I used to be very pessimistic, but I seem to have grown out of it

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Feb 11th, 2007, 05:08 AM
Yeah, I feel the same way. I used to be very pessimistic, but I seem to have grown out of it

I use to be 50-50 with it

moby
Feb 11th, 2007, 12:11 PM
optimists live longer than pessimists.Or so the optimists want to believe. Propaganda. :tape: :lol:

Marshmallow
Feb 11th, 2007, 12:28 PM
I can believe that optimists live longer than pessimists. Numerous psychological studies show a link between your thinking and your physiology. Bad moods, stress etc, don't do your body any good. But calmness, positivity causes the body to release all sorts of good stuff.

Likewise - "Laughter is the best medicine". This stuff is really good advice.

With respect to the original post - I can't stand pessimists. Really can't. I'd rather be around an optimist, than a pessimist.