PDA

View Full Version : Movie Challenge: Not so memorable quotes from not so memorable movies...

Kirilenko_Kamp
Feb 11th, 2007, 01:53 AM
Ok movie gurus out there. Let's see if you can name the correct title of the movie from the not so memorable quotes. If you get them all correct, you win a cookie!;) Good luck!:)

#1. William Somerset: Ernest Hemingway once wrote, "The world is a fine place and worth fighting for." I agree with the second part.

#2. Paul Edgecomb: Your name is John Coffey?
John Coffey:Yes sir boss. Like the drink, only not spelled the same.

#3. Hudson: Well that's great, that's just fuckin' great man. Now what the fuck are we supposed to do? We're in some pretty shit now man... That's it man, game over man, game over! What are we gonna do?
Burke: Maybe we could build a fire, sing a couple of songs, huh? Why we don't try that?
Newt:We'd better get back, 'cause it'll be dark soon, and they mostly come at night...mostly

#4. Quint: I value my neck a lot more than three thousand bucks, chief. I'll find him for three, but I'll catch him and kill him, for ten. I don't want no volunteers, I don't want no mates, there's too many captains on this island. Ten thousand dollars for me by myself. For that you get the head, the tail, the whole damn thing.

#5. Alonzo Harris: You gonna bust your cherry killing a cop? You know what you get for that Jake? the gas chamber. You know what the gas chamber smells like? Pine oil. I'ma send you to pine oil heaven. I'ma get that gun and I'ma get that money, and you ain't gon' do shit 'cause you ain't gon' shoot a cop in the back.

#6. Captain Miller: You see, when...When you end up killing one your men, you see, you tell yourself it happened so you could save the lives of two or three, or ten others. Maybe a hundred others. Do you know how many men I've lost under my command?
Sergeant Horvath: How many?
Captain Miller: Ninety-four. But that means I've saved the lives of ten times that many, doesn't it? Maybe even twenty, right? Twenty times as many. And that's how simple it is. That's how you...that's how you rationalize making the choice between the mission and the man.

#7. Bubba: Anyway, like I was sayin', shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, shrimp kabob, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp & potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That's-that's about it.

#8. John "Buffalo Bill" Gumb: It rubs the lotion on the skin or else it gets the hose again.

#9. Johnny Ringo: Isn't anyone here man enough to play for blood?
Doc Holliday: I'm your huckleberry.

#10. Lloyd: You're it. Harry: You're it. Lloyd: You're it, quitsies! Harry: Anti-quitsies, you're it, quitsies, no anti-quitsies, no startsies! Lloyd: You can't do that! Harry: Can too!
Lloyd: Cannot, stamp it! Harry: Can too, double stamp it, no erasies! Lloyd: Cannot, triple stamp, no erasies, touch blue make it true. Harry: No, you can't do that...you can't triple stamp a double stamp, you can't triple stamp a double stamp! Lloyd! Lloyd: (hands over ears) LA LA LA LA LA LA! Harry: Lloyd! Lloyd! Lloyd!

Edward.
Feb 11th, 2007, 02:10 AM
1. Se7en

2. The Green Mile

5. Training Day

8. The Silence of the Lambs

lukehingis
Feb 11th, 2007, 02:13 AM
7. Forrest Gump

shirley
Feb 11th, 2007, 10:43 AM
2. The Green Mile
7. Forrest Gump
8. Silence of the Lambs
10. Dumb & Dumber

keirana332
Feb 11th, 2007, 11:36 AM
1. Se7en
2. The Green Mile
3. Aliens
4.Jaws
5. Training day
6. Saving Private Ryan
7. Forest Gump
8. The silence of the lambs
9.tombstone
10. dumb and dumber
ps these include six of my ex's favourite movies

Kirilenko_Kamp
Feb 11th, 2007, 04:55 PM
Congrats Keirana! You got them all correct.:) Maybe if i didn't list the character's names it would have been more challenging.:lol:

:inlove:
Feb 11th, 2007, 04:57 PM
:rolls:
If that title doesn't grab everyone's attention I don't know what will. :tape:

keirana332
Feb 12th, 2007, 06:05 AM
thanks
yeah the characters names made it easier...definately try without the names,
the only reason i remembered half of those quotes is because i knew the charcters
btw nice idea for a game

Kirilenko_Kamp
Feb 17th, 2007, 01:53 AM
The Revenge of the Movie Challenge Part II
Ok movie gurus, you got lucky last time, but I highly doubt it you'll get the next 25, yes I said 25, movie titles correct this time around! I've taken the liberty to delete the names of the characters and substituted them with the letters "A" & "B" instead. Good luck!:) Keirana332 your cookie is in the mail.:p

#11. A: Look, we've been looking for this place for months. My men were in that chopper when it got hit! Hopper's orders were to go in and get my men and he disappeared.
B: He didn't disappear. He was skinned alive!:eek:

#12. A: Have you ever met anybody you didn't kill?
B: Well, I haven't killed you yet.:rolleyes:

#13. A: You take a look at her. Cause once you step on that bus you ain't got your momma no more. You got your brothers on the team and you got your daddy. You know who your daddy is doncha? gary, if you want to play on this football team, you answer me when I ask you who is your daddy? Who's your daddy, Gary? Who's your daddy?:unsure:

#14. A: Good evening ladies and gentlemen. This is your captor speaking. There's been a slight change in your travel plans tonight. You have, you will note, been moved to the last two cars of the train for your own well being. First, I'd like to call your attention to the highly trained men with the automatic weapons in your cars. In the event of an emergency, they may be called upon to shoot you. Your safety IS our primary concern. However, if you try anything stupid, Federal Regulations require that I kill you. So please, no hero shit!:mad:

#15. A: Revenge is never a straight line. It's a forest. And like a forest it's easy to lose your way...To get lost...To forget where you came in.:angel:

#16. A: I do what I do best, I take scores. You do what you do best, try to stop guys like me.:smoke:

#17. A: What did you do last summer again?
B: I told you! I spent it with my uncle in Alaska hunting wolverines.
A: Did you shoot any?
B: Yes, like fifty of them! They kept trying to attack my cousins, what the heck would you do in a situation like that?
A: What kind of gun did you use?
B: A freakin' 12-gauge, what do you think?:armed:

#18. A: I have to remind myself that some birds aren't meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright. And when they fly away, the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up DOES rejoice. Still, the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone. I guess I just miss my friend.:sad:

#19. A: You know, I have one simple request. And that is to have sharks with freakin' laser beams attached to their heads! Now evidently my cycloptic colleague informs me that that cannot be done. Ah, would you remind me what I pay you people for, honestly? Throw me a bone here! What do we have?
B: Sea bass.
A: Right...
B: They're mutated sea bass.
A: Are they ill tempered?
B: Absolutely.
A: Oh well, that's a start.:cuckoo:

#20. A: There's no reason to be alarmed and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of your flight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane???:lol:
B: Captain, how soon can you land?
A: I can't tell.
B: You can tell me. I'm a doctor.
A: No. I mean I'm just not sure.
B: Well, can't you take a guess?
A: Well, not for another two hours.
B: You can't take a guess for another two hours???:confused:

#21. A: What we got here is...failure to communicate.;)

#22. A: Hector Savage. From Detroit. Ex-boxer. His real name was Joey Chicago.
B: Oh yeah. He fought under the name of Kid Minneapolis.
A: I saw Kid Minneapolis fight once in Cincinnati.
B: No, you're thinking of Kid New York. He fought out of Philly.
A: He was killed in the ring in Houston. By Tex Colorado. You know, the Arizona Assassin.
B: Yeah, from Dakota. I don't remember if it was North or South.
A: North. South Dakota was his brother. From West Virginia.
B: You sure know your boxing.
A: All I know is never bet on the white guy.:lol:

A: Go ahead, threaten me like you have the American people for so long! You're part of a dying breed, Hapsburg, like the people who can name all the 50 states. The truth hurts, doesn't it, Hapsburg? Oh sure, maybe not as much as landing on a bicycle with the seat missing, but it hurts!:haha:

#23. A: I wanna say something. I'm gonna put it out there; if you like it, you can take it, if you don't, send it right back. I want to be on you. (Veronica turns and walks away) Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. I...I wanna be on you.:lol:

#24. A: Dear Lord baby Jesus, or as our brothers in the south call you, jesuz, we thank you so much for this bountiful harvest of Dominoes, KFC, and the always delicious Taco Bell. I just want to take time to thank you for my family. My two beautiful, beautiful, handsome striking sons, Walker, and Texas Ranger, or TR as we call him. And of course my red hot smokin' wife Carley, who is a stone cold fox.:drive:

#25. A: And you know what they call a...a...a Quarter Pounder with Cheese in Paris?
B: They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?
A: No man, they got the metric system. they wouldn't know what the fuck a Quarter Pounder is.
B: Then what do they call it?
A: They call it a Royale with cheese.
B: A Royale with cheese. What do they call a Big Mac?
A: Well, a Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
B: Le Big Mac. Ha ha ha ha ha. What do they call a Whopper?
A: I dunno. I didn't go into Burger King.:scratch:

wateva
Feb 17th, 2007, 04:20 AM
The Revenge of the Movie Challenge Part II
Ok movie gurus, you got lucky last time, but I highly doubt it you'll get the next 25, yes I said 25, movie titles correct this time around! I've taken the liberty to delete the names of the characters and substituted them with the letters "A" & "B" instead. Good luck!:) Keirana332 your cookie is in the mail.:p

#11. A: Look, we've been looking for this place for months. My men were in that chopper when it got hit! Hopper's orders were to go in and get my men and he disappeared.
B: He didn't disappear. He was skinned alive!:eek:

#12. A: Have you ever met anybody you didn't kill?
B: Well, I haven't killed you yet.:rolleyes:

#13. A: You take a look at her. Cause once you step on that bus you ain't got your momma no more. You got your brothers on the team and you got your daddy. You know who your daddy is doncha? gary, if you want to play on this football team, you answer me when I ask you who is your daddy? Who's your daddy, Gary? Who's your daddy?:unsure:

#14. A: Good evening ladies and gentlemen. This is your captor speaking. There's been a slight change in your travel plans tonight. You have, you will note, been moved to the last two cars of the train for your own well being. First, I'd like to call your attention to the highly trained men with the automatic weapons in your cars. In the event of an emergency, they may be called upon to shoot you. Your safety IS our primary concern. However, if you try anything stupid, Federal Regulations require that I kill you. So please, no hero shit!:mad:

#15. A: Revenge is never a straight line. It's a forest. And like a forest it's easy to lose your way...To get lost...To forget where you came in.:angel:

#16. A: I do what I do best, I take scores. You do what you do best, try to stop guys like me.:smoke:

#17. A: What did you do last summer again?
B: I told you! I spent it with my uncle in Alaska hunting wolverines.
A: Did you shoot any?
B: Yes, like fifty of them! They kept trying to attack my cousins, what the heck would you do in a situation like that?
A: What kind of gun did you use?
B: A freakin' 12-gauge, what do you think?:armed:

#18. A: I have to remind myself that some birds aren't meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright. And when they fly away, the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up DOES rejoice. Still, the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone. I guess I just miss my friend.:sad:

#19. A: You know, I have one simple request. And that is to have sharks with freakin' laser beams attached to their heads! Now evidently my cycloptic colleague informs me that that cannot be done. Ah, would you remind me what I pay you people for, honestly? Throw me a bone here! What do we have?
B: Sea bass.
A: Right...
B: They're mutated sea bass.
A: Are they ill tempered?
B: Absolutely.
A: Oh well, that's a start.:cuckoo:

#20. A: There's no reason to be alarmed and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of your flight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane???:lol:
B: Captain, how soon can you land?
A: I can't tell.
B: You can tell me. I'm a doctor.
A: No. I mean I'm just not sure.
B: Well, can't you take a guess?
A: Well, not for another two hours.
B: You can't take a guess for another two hours???:confused:

#21. A: What we got here is...failure to communicate.;)

#22. A: Hector Savage. From Detroit. Ex-boxer. His real name was Joey Chicago.
B: Oh yeah. He fought under the name of Kid Minneapolis.
A: I saw Kid Minneapolis fight once in Cincinnati.
B: No, you're thinking of Kid New York. He fought out of Philly.
A: He was killed in the ring in Houston. By Tex Colorado. You know, the Arizona Assassin.
B: Yeah, from Dakota. I don't remember if it was North or South.
A: North. South Dakota was his brother. From West Virginia.
B: You sure know your boxing.
A: All I know is never bet on the white guy.:lol:

A: Go ahead, threaten me like you have the American people for so long! You're part of a dying breed, Hapsburg, like the people who can name all the 50 states. The truth hurts, doesn't it, Hapsburg? Oh sure, maybe not as much as landing on a bicycle with the seat missing, but it hurts!:haha:

#23. A: I wanna say something. I'm gonna put it out there; if you like it, you can take it, if you don't, send it right back. I want to be on you. (Veronica turns and walks away) Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. I...I wanna be on you.:lol:

#24. A: Dear Lord baby Jesus, or as our brothers in the south call you, jesuz, we thank you so much for this bountiful harvest of Dominoes, KFC, and the always delicious Taco Bell. I just want to take time to thank you for my family. My two beautiful, beautiful, handsome striking sons, Walker, and Texas Ranger, or TR as we call him. And of course my red hot smokin' wife Carley, who is a stone cold fox.:drive:

#25. A: And you know what they call a...a...a Quarter Pounder with Cheese in Paris?
B: They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?
A: No man, they got the metric system. they wouldn't know what the fuck a Quarter Pounder is.
B: Then what do they call it?
A: They call it a Royale with cheese.
B: A Royale with cheese. What do they call a Big Mac?
A: Well, a Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
B: Le Big Mac. Ha ha ha ha ha. What do they call a Whopper?
A: I dunno. I didn't go into Burger King.:scratch:
#24 talladega nights? :lol:

PamShriverRockz
Feb 17th, 2007, 08:09 AM
11 - Predator
12 - Lethal Weapon
13 - Remember the Titans
14 - Under Siege 2
15 - Kill Bill
16 - Heat
17 - Napoleon Dynamite
18 - Shawshank Redemption
19 - Austin Powers (cant remember which one)
20 - Airplane
21 - Cool Hand Luke
22 - Naked Gun 2 1/2
23 - Ron Burgundy
25 - Pulp Fiction

Phew! I enjoyed that!

Kirilenko_Kamp
Feb 17th, 2007, 08:18 PM
Damn you PamShriverRockz!:mad: How they heck did you figure out what the movies were so quickly???:confused: Even though you didn't totally get #19 and #23 totally correct, you were on the right path. Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery and Anchorman: The Legend of Ron [/U[U]]Burgundy. Do you have any idea how long it took me to find this crap??? Not let alone typing it???:fiery: I figured it would take a few days before anyone solved them all. How did you know #15 was Kill Bill??? I'll find some more movie quotes and test your knowledge again soon.:( So keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars!:p Remember, only you can prevent forest fires.;)

Martie
Feb 17th, 2007, 10:31 PM
Where's this from:

Janet: I'm a fucking shrub alright!

AceTennisGrrrl
Feb 17th, 2007, 10:35 PM
Where's this from:

Janet: I'm a fucking shrub alright!

Girl, Interrupted :bowdown:

Another

Janet: I want my fucking clothes
Whoopie: Then you will have to EAT something :lol:

Martie
Feb 17th, 2007, 10:55 PM
Girl, Interrupted :bowdown:

Another

Janet: I want my fucking clothes
Whoopie: Then you will have to EAT something :lol:

:yeah:

:inlove:
Feb 17th, 2007, 11:00 PM
Gwenovier: What are you doing?
Frank T.J. Mackey: I'm quietly judging you.

Martie
Feb 17th, 2007, 11:11 PM
Magnolia.

Martie
Feb 17th, 2007, 11:11 PM
George: "They shouldn't have their feelings hurt because people don't want to buy their records."

Kirilenko_Kamp
Feb 18th, 2007, 07:43 PM
Move Challenge Part III-The Exodus
Ok movie gurus. This is the final chapter in the movie challenge series (maybe).:unsure: Enjoy it while you can. Oh yeah, please feel free to add your own favorite movies quotes to the list.;) Well, let's get started. here's #26-#40. Good luck!:)

#26. A: There's a big snake in the plane, Jock!
B: Oh, that's just my pet snake Reggie.
A: I hate snakes Jock. I hate 'em!
B: C'mon show a little backbone, will ya?:)

#27. A: I like these calm moments before the storm. It reminds me of Beethoven. Can you hear it? It's like when you put your head to the grass and you can hear the growin' and you hear the insects. Do you like Beethoven?
B: I couldn't really say.:unsure:

#28. A: The fogs just lifting. Throw off you're battle line, throw off you're stern. You head out to South channel, past Rock Neck, Ten pound island. Past Niles Pond where I skated as a kid. Blow you're air horn and throw a wave to the lighthouse keeper's kid on Thatcher Island. then the birds show up black backs, herring gulls, big dumb ducks. The sun hits ya, head north, open up to 12, steamin' now. The guys are busy, you're in charge. Ya know what? You're a goddam swordboat captain! Is there anything better in the world?:yeah:

#29. A: I don't like black people? I am MISTER black people.:D

#30. A: I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.:armed:

#31. A: What's forget about it?
B: Forget about it is like if you agree with someone you know, like Raquel Welch is one great piece of ass, forget about it. But then, if you disagree, like a Lincoln is better than a Cadillac? Forget about it! You know? But then, it's also like if something's the greatest thing in the world, like mingia those peppers, forget about it. But it's also like saying Go to hell! too. like, you know, like "Hey Paulie, you got a one inch pecker?" And Paulie says "Forget about it!" Sometimes it just means forget about it.:smoke:

#32.A: After that my guess is that you will never hear from him again. The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that...he is gone.:confused:

#33. A: All they get from Paulie was protection from other guys looking to rip them off. that's what it's all about. That's what the FBI can never understand-that what Paulie and the organization offer is protection for the kind of guys who can't go to the cops. They're like the police for wiseguys.:tape:

#34. A: Sonny had five fingers, but he only used three.:cool:

#35. A: Vagiclean, huh? What's the matter, honey? little extra cheese on that taco?
B: Excuse me?
A: No, excuse me. there's no tag on this. Price check on Vagiclean, aisle five. I repeat: price check on Vagiclean, aisle five. That's Vagiclean. We've got a customer down here with a full-on fallopian tube fungus. She's baking a loaf of bread and I think it's sourdough.:haha:

#36. A: It is a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing. Such a little thing.:scratch:

#37. A: The pill you took is part of a trace program. It's designed to disrupt your input/output carrier signal so we can pinpoint your location.
B: What does that mean?
A: It means buckle your seatbelt, Dorothy, 'cause Kansas is going bye bye.:cool:

#38. A: There's no earthly way of knowing/What direction we are going/There's no knowing where we're rowing/Or which way the river's flowing/Is it raining?/Is it snowing?/Is a hurricane a-blowing?/Not a speck of light is showing/So the danger must be growing/Are the fires of hell a-glowing?/Is the grimsly reaper mowing?/Yes, the danger must be growing/'Cause the rowers keep on rowing/And they're certainly not showing/Any signs that they are slowing.:singer:

#39. A: In the Year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland-starving and outnumbered-charged the fields of Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets, they fought like Scotsmen, and won their freedom.:boxing:

#40. A: If you just learn a single trick, Scout, you'll get along a lot better with all kinds of folks. You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it.:wavey: