PDA

View Full Version : Why Do You Close Your Eyes When You Kiss on the Lips

Denise4925
Feb 11th, 2007, 12:52 AM
Is it because it's more romantic?
Are you enjoying the feeling and closing your eyes enchances those feelings?
Is it just a habit?
Are you fantasizing about something else?

And, have you ever kissed with your eyes open looking at the other person who has their eyes closed or just looked to see if their eyes were closed?

Denise4925
Feb 11th, 2007, 01:11 AM
bump

No Name Face
Feb 11th, 2007, 01:15 AM
it's funny you ask that denise because i wondered the same thing.

my girlfriend and i were kissing last night and i found myself opening my eyes to see if her eyes were open...and they were always closed. i think it is more romantic/magical/whatever...you're not thinking about anything except the kiss...there's no visual stimulation, etc.

this is a good question, i'd love to read other opinions.

ys
Feb 11th, 2007, 01:15 AM
No particular reason.. Some things just don't have to be explained. Because they can't..

G1Player2
Feb 11th, 2007, 01:19 AM
I think it depends who it is too. If you have strong feelings for the person, then you are more likely to close your eyes, in my experiences that is. I mean, if it is like a spin-the-bottle kiss I keep my eyes open.

Denise4925
Feb 11th, 2007, 01:24 AM
it's funny you ask that denise because i wondered the same thing.

my girlfriend and i were kissing last night and i found myself opening my eyes to see if her eyes were open...and they were always closed. i think it is more romantic/magical/whatever...you're not thinking about anything except the kiss...there's no visual stimulation, etc.

this is a good question, i'd love to read other opinions.

Yeah, that's what made me ask the question, LOL. My BF and I were kissing and I opened my eyes and his stayed closed until we finished kissing and I thought it was so sweet. I never looked before to see if he was closing his too, but I guess he does. :lol:

No Name Face
Feb 11th, 2007, 01:33 AM
Yeah, that's what made me ask the question, LOL. My BF and I were kissing and I opened my eyes and his stayed closed until we finished kissing and I thought it was so sweet. I never looked before to see if he was closing his too, but I guess he does. :lol:

:lol:
yeah, that's exactly what i was wondering. i wonder if she's did/done the same thing. :)

skanky~skanketta
Feb 11th, 2007, 01:42 AM
when u give in to the pleasure, u close your eyes, just like in sex. unless i'm on top, then i need to stare into the eyes of my man, so it's more intense. :tape:

kabuki
Feb 11th, 2007, 01:44 AM
Because it is fucking creepy. People who open their eyes during kissing are fucking creepy.

BigB08822
Feb 11th, 2007, 03:36 AM
Never trust a person who kisses with their eyes open, they are just looking for something else to kiss next!

Apoleb
Feb 11th, 2007, 03:38 AM
Because it's harder to concentrate and use those muscles when you open your eyes.

Brett.
Feb 11th, 2007, 03:39 AM
I never stop closing my eyes when i was kissing a guy! :lol: I can't help it!

Brett.
Feb 11th, 2007, 03:39 AM
I usually close my eyes if someone sucks my nipples! :lol:

miffedmax
Feb 11th, 2007, 03:43 AM
I've done the check thing--I think everybody checks and usually finds out their partner closes the eyes, too.

Brett.
Feb 11th, 2007, 03:47 AM
Because it is fucking creepy. People who open their eyes during kissing are fucking creepy.

I've done the check thing--I think everybody checks and usually finds out their partner closes the eyes, too.

Same! :tape:

Mightymirza
Feb 11th, 2007, 04:18 AM
Well Thers also a simple scientific explanaton for this!! You cant really see things which are really near you!! (Like try holding somethign close to your face!!) It makes your pupils Dilate(I suppose) and its not fun!! It would just be wierd and uncomfy for our eyes to see something(for instance someones face) from so near..;)

mckyle.
Feb 11th, 2007, 04:28 AM
just imagine if people kept their eyes open while kissing. don't you think it would be just a tiny bit awkward?

Denise4925
Feb 11th, 2007, 04:30 AM
just imagine if people kept their eyes open while kissing. don't you think it would be just a tiny bit awkward?

why?

mckyle.
Feb 11th, 2007, 04:45 AM
cause kissing is supposed to be passionate and staring at eachother would SOOOO ruin the moment.

cellophane
Feb 11th, 2007, 04:54 AM
cause kissing is supposed to be passionate and staring at eachother would SOOOO ruin the moment.

Kissing your partner with your eyes open is even more passionate in my opinion.

Hachiko
Feb 11th, 2007, 05:13 AM
Yes, just a habit really.

keirana332
Feb 11th, 2007, 05:20 AM
i think its instinct
but closed eyes is definately more romantic
i suppose its totally submerging yourself into the moment and ignoring the outside world
but good point....

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Feb 11th, 2007, 05:40 AM
Its losing yourself in the moment if its a good kiss your eyes close if its not that good i am more likely to keep them open

ys
Feb 11th, 2007, 05:50 AM
Kissing your partner with your eyes open is even more passionate in my opinion.

I agree.. it could be.. One thing is obvious, if you are doing this or that ( open or close ) on purpose, your mind is clearly not focusing on the right subject at that moment..:)

Hannah-Louise
Feb 11th, 2007, 10:43 AM
You HAVE to close your eyes, to me its the only way. although im a bad one for having to check on the other person, just be careful they aint taking a peek at the same time, that would just be awkward now!

Stavie
Feb 11th, 2007, 10:53 AM
becoz when you close your eyes,every other sense is more intense.In this way,you feel the kiss better ;)

vesanto
Feb 11th, 2007, 01:28 PM

:lol: Yeah, very true!

Denise4925
Feb 11th, 2007, 05:13 PM
You HAVE to close your eyes, to me its the only way. although im a bad one for having to check on the other person, just be careful they aint taking a peek at the same time, that would just be awkward now!

:lol:

Kart
Feb 11th, 2007, 05:48 PM
Because sometimes people aren't what you thought they were close up.

Open eyes aren't as good at hiding the truth :tape:.

Mightymirza
Feb 11th, 2007, 08:43 PM
Science doesnt seem to be too popular in these parts of world..;) (wtaworld)

alelysafina
Feb 11th, 2007, 09:37 PM

:lol: That's happened to me before when I was checking! It wasn't so much awkward as it was funny though :lol: