PDA

View Full Version : Bye Guys!

auntie janie
Jun 23rd, 2002, 08:59 PM
I leave tomorrow afternoon for vacation at a non-internet place in Cornwall. Here is my Russian Roulette Wimbledon prediction, since I won't be back till it's all over:

1. One seeded Russian player will progress farther than her seeded position.
2. One other Russian will score a decent (not huge) upset, but will not advance far after that.
3. A couple of Russians will crash out in the first round.

I don't have any particular player in mind for any of these scenarios, but it all sounds so plausible, doesn't it? :)

Hope to come back to find huge "Victory" posts on Russian Roulette!

Cheers! :wavey:

Janie

the cat
Jun 23rd, 2002, 10:11 PM
Bye Janie! :wavey: Don't they have the internet in England? And why would you go during Wimbledon?

Have a great trip! :kiss:

Janie, you forgot to include Anna making it to the fourth round! ;)

~SunFlower~
Jun 23rd, 2002, 10:20 PM
Bye Janie! Have a great time :wavey: My vacation will start in about a month from now where I can see the WTA and ITF Junior Russian girls in Montreal and Grade 1 in Repentigny .

Cornwall is a small town in Ontario, Canada. Or there must be a small town Cornwall in USA, I guess. :confused: I am sure there is no Cornwall in England, right Eggy?

Poor Cat, I bet you did not take a geography class in your life? :eek:

Cassius
Jun 23rd, 2002, 10:51 PM
SHARKY, Cornwall is a county in the south-west of England. In fact, Cornwall IS the south-west of England.

Have a nice trip JANIE. Cornwall's supposed to be very nice at this time of year (although I'd never go there. It's full of inbred wierdos. But don't let me put you off:p.)

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 23rd, 2002, 11:05 PM
oh lol @ cassius at the inbred weirdos :D

Have a great time there, Cornwall is a throwback to the dark ages (never been there).

Obviously one Russian will lose in 1st rd as Anna plays Tatiana :rolleyes: hope no more though ;)

auntie janie
Jun 23rd, 2002, 11:15 PM
Thanks, guys!

Can't wait. It is going to be 95F/35 C in Philadelphia tomorrow. Cornwall (UK)? 65f/18C!!!! :)

Hey, Cornwall is great! But then, I love the Dark Ages. I was born then! ;)

I also hope only one Russian loses in the first round, Eggy. I won't say who I hope that only one will be, though!

fresh2flash
Jun 24th, 2002, 10:05 AM
Wanted to start a new thread, but since Janie has started one I will write here :)
Hey, I`m also off the Internet for a week or so - moving out to Lyon. When I`m back I want to see 3 or 4 of the Russian girls still in the main draw of Wimbledon :)
Buy :wavey:

auntie janie
Jun 24th, 2002, 11:00 AM
Bye, fresh! :wavey:

The RR ranks are thinning out -- I hope someone here will root for Elena Bovina in my absence! I know the others will have plenty of fans, but Elena :hearts: is sometimes forgotten (except by Eggy, of course!).

Nina_rus
Jun 24th, 2002, 01:48 PM
Janie :wavey:

fresh :wavey: :sad: no more reports for tennis +?

fresh2flash
Jun 24th, 2002, 02:13 PM
Nina, why not ;) "From France with love"
Next year I hope I`ll cover French Open for Sport-Express and Tennis + as well.

Nina_rus
Jun 24th, 2002, 02:15 PM
phew ;)

Nina_rus
Jun 24th, 2002, 02:17 PM
do you know where you'll be working in Lyon already?

fresh2flash
Jun 24th, 2002, 02:22 PM
EuroNews - dans l`eqiupe de sport of course :)

Nina_rus
Jun 24th, 2002, 02:50 PM
cool :)

Jordan.
Jun 24th, 2002, 02:52 PM
bye janie :wavey:

TS
Jun 24th, 2002, 04:07 PM
Cya soon janie and fresh :wavey:

Nina_rus
Jun 24th, 2002, 05:03 PM
fresh but you'll be still posting here, will you ? :)

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 24th, 2002, 05:08 PM
Hope to see you back Fresh :)
Lyon is permanent i take it ???

cya around and take care

fresh2flash
Jul 3rd, 2002, 04:46 PM
Damn, I hate it!!! Just 3 PC`s with Internet acces at work and they are engaged all the time of course :( I`m afraid I won`t be online too often until I establish Internet connection at home.

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 3rd, 2002, 05:53 PM
you definately have to get a link at home

Jordan.
Jul 4th, 2002, 01:38 AM
oops,didnt see that you were going away,bye fresh :wavey:

Cassius
Jul 4th, 2002, 03:53 AM
Guess what?
JANIE said she's going to Cornwall, and I said it's full of inbreds.
Well in a few weeks............:eek:I'm going to Cornwall aswell:eek:
I hate Cornwall. It really is a throwback to a time before electricity. It's boring. and I'm going to be spending 2 weeks there:eek: Two weeks in the land of the dinosaurs (and that's just the women;)), with no computer and no hi-fi. I think I probably won't survive.

auntie janie
Jul 13th, 2002, 07:09 PM
Oh Cassius!!! I had so much fun in beautiful Cornwall, walking on those cliff paths, admiring all those secret little coves, enjoying the fresh, COOL air. :)

One-and-a-half of my predictions were right, out of 3. (The "half" was, Likhotseva 's upset of Clijsters. The half I got wrong was, she kept going till the quarters! But I didn't guess SHE would be the one. I was so happy for her). :)

But the British newspapers are SO strange. The quarterfinalists and even the semifinalists got FAR, FAR less ink than Britain's favorite goddess, Anna K, who lost the first day. What's up with that?

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 13th, 2002, 07:12 PM
Womens tennis gets really bad coverage

what paper did you get ???

auntie janie
Jul 13th, 2002, 07:33 PM
It varied. Every day I got 2-3 papers. I often got the Daily Telegraph because of Parsons, who is a great tennis writer, but it was the WORST. Justine's exciting victory over Monica got a tiny, skinny column way back in the paper-- the same day a very large headline introduced an interview with Anna K (saying nothing new) on the first page of Sports.

Also Anna's repeated insistence that she is 100% about tennis seemed somehow to conflict with the pic of her (the same week) posing in a trampy outfit on the cover of FHM, seen in every store! LOL, but maybe that was her practice outfit? :rolleyes:

the cat
Jul 13th, 2002, 08:25 PM
Janie, got your sharp claws out again? ;)

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 13th, 2002, 10:57 PM
Janie ...... John Parsons is normally good but he gets deluded with Henmania as well :rolleyes: then when he loses he sticks the knife in and twists it :D

auntie janie
Jul 14th, 2002, 12:25 AM
All the Brit writers seem to do that! But there are far more good tennis writers there than here. It's just the topics they choose that gets me! Thankfully, there were no "Photo Trip to the Zoo" reports at least! ;)

cat, I know you are annoyed at me for not bringing you back a copy of FHM! I'm sorry! And the cover promised "the sauciest pictures yet" of Anna. Presumably hitting a backhand volley? :)

the cat
Jul 14th, 2002, 02:33 AM
LOL @ Lady Jane! ;) Checking out Anna's cover, huh? Gotcha!

Did you bring back any articles of Maria Sharapova?

How could there not be internet use where you were?

auntie janie
Jul 14th, 2002, 11:24 AM
LOL, cat! That nagazine cover was hard to miss! But I did not peek inside, so I can't tell you how saucy the pics were.

I never saw any articles about Maria there, cat! Just the result of the Junior final.

I stayed at an old-fashioned hotel, cat. That's just the way I like it. :)

the cat
Jul 14th, 2002, 07:06 PM
You sayed in an old fashioned hotel, Janie? I envy you! :) Did you ride around on horses, too? ;)

auntie janie
Jul 15th, 2002, 02:53 PM
Nyet. We drove around in a beat-up rental car.

But I did see horses, as well as a lot of cows and sheep. You are never far from the sea in Cornwall -- and you are never far from a cow, either! :)