PDA

View Full Version : Taliamanosoko withdraws from Wimbledon, shocking officials

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Jun 23rd, 2002, 06:35 PM
French Open finalist, doubles winner, and last years Wimbledon finalist and US Open Champion, Ruflina Taliamanosoko announced her withdrawl from Wimbledon today. This surprised many officials, as Taliamanosoko had never withdrawn from an event or retired during a match before.

Taliamanosoko is one of the few players who has played in every Grand Slam on the FWT Tour, so this makes the news altogether more schocking.

Because of a conflict in interests with tour directors, I will not be able to play Wimbledon this year. I apologize to all the fans, and especially Jane Wong, whom I am to play doubles with. My immdiate plans are not yet known, but I am scheduled to play in Morocco in a few weeks. Hopefully, I will have everything worked out by then and be able to play.

The tournament also lost another African in Caroline Mutola from the event. The 2 are going to play an exhibition in Botswana to provide some more funds to the ever-growing Unity Cup which is held in December and attracts the tour's top players. The loss of Mutola came as a shock as she was entered in both juniors and professional events. This leaves Catherine Pierce without a doubles partner now, who was paired with Mutola.

Becool
Jun 23rd, 2002, 06:39 PM
Oh noo Ruflina... :sad: :sad:

Mattographer
Jun 23rd, 2002, 06:43 PM
Oh no!! :sad: Thanks for let me know, Carolina... I will looking for partner :sad:

TatiAnnahølic
Jun 23rd, 2002, 06:45 PM
Bye Rufina :sad:

Jordan.
Jun 23rd, 2002, 06:47 PM
AAAAWWWWW,BOOOHOOOO :sad: :rolleyes:

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Jun 23rd, 2002, 06:48 PM
JOKE!!!!!!

This was done as a promotional stunt for the event! ;)

Ruflina and Caroline are still entered!

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Jun 23rd, 2002, 06:49 PM
But thank you Gisele, Lucia, and Virginia for missing me! :kiss:

Becool
Jun 23rd, 2002, 06:55 PM
LOL :p

Mattographer
Jun 23rd, 2002, 06:55 PM
This is not nice!! :o LOL!!

Jordan.
Jun 23rd, 2002, 06:58 PM
BERNARDO IS PSYCHO

Monica_Rules
Jun 23rd, 2002, 08:12 PM
:confused:

deftman
Jun 23rd, 2002, 09:55 PM
Ouch :o
Tanya was actually happy about Caroline as she plays her in the 1st round :o;)
Anyways WB girls :D:D
FWTT aint the same without Ruffy and Carol :D:D

Tennis124
Jun 23rd, 2002, 11:22 PM
interesting sense of humor, glad ruflina is still in