PDA

View Full Version : PRAYERS NEEDED: Poor Kitties

Bacardi
Feb 8th, 2007, 10:25 PM
My friend this morning Laura called me up and was scared to death, she used a topical flea treatment medicine on her cats because the Farm Store place told her that a small amount would be OK on a cat. Well it contained Permethrin and the poor kitties are bad off now. She's all upset crying I had to go to the vet with her and the kitties. I had so many other things I needed to do today, but I'm never the type of person to turn a friend down that's in need. They are almost 5 years old and are sister cats {Comet & Tigger} and her babies. She bought the meds for her lil maltipoo but after hearing it shoudl be OK for cats placed a tiny ammount down their back. Then the poor cats started having sezures & tremors it's bad. :sad: By the time she got them to the Vet because those places are so far away here it was awful lil Comet is worse off it had bit its lil tongue off a lil & was doing worse. Tigger seems good. The Vet hospital is keeping the kitties over night and Comet is majorly sedated but still having a lil tremors. Please keep my friend Laura and her 2 lil babies Comet and Tigger in your thoughts and prayers. She feels guilty like she's nearly killed her cats, but I know she didn't mean to she loves them too much. Please keep her and the kitties in your thoughts and prayers! Because I know like me, everyone in here is animal lovers & will feel her pain. :sad: :help:

Bacardi
Feb 8th, 2007, 10:31 PM
They are keeping the cats over night, both of them. Heavily sedated on valium & muscle relaxors with constant IV drip. They had a hard time finding poor lil Comets veins thou. I hope the kitties make it, it's so sad. :bigcry: :tears: :sad: :hysteric: :sobbing: :crying2:

Cat's Pajamas
Feb 8th, 2007, 10:36 PM
I'm sorry! :sad: :hug:

I hope they pull through! :awww:

Erika_Angel
Feb 8th, 2007, 10:45 PM
:sad: I hope the kittens turn out ok. Vet's are really very professional and do their jobs VERY well, I'm sure everything will be fine.

Be there for your friend :hug:

I'll keep the kittens and her in my prayers.

Bacardi
Feb 9th, 2007, 03:25 AM
bump

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 9th, 2007, 03:41 AM
I hope they make it :kiss:

treufreund
Feb 9th, 2007, 04:35 AM
hope they are ok. :sad:

plantman
Feb 9th, 2007, 04:38 AM
Prayers have been sent......Hope the kittens have improved and can go home soon! Let us know how things turn out.;)

P.S. The farm store should be held accountable!

ceiling_fan
Feb 9th, 2007, 06:14 AM
hey ill be praying for them!

prayer is the most important thing you know.... once my friend's old cat had been gone for 3 weeks, and she asked me to pray for her, i did, and he came back! it was amazing, because we had all expected him to be completely lost or dead since 3 weeks without substantial food/water is a loooong time.

anyway, i feel so sorry fro the one who bit its tongue off, they will stitch it back right??? It sounds to me that the vets have it under control now. wat excactly is Permethrin, and how quickly will it be out of their system???

galadriel
Feb 9th, 2007, 09:50 AM
I will pray for them :hug:

Caz
Feb 9th, 2007, 10:46 AM
I hope they'll be ok.

miffedmax
Feb 9th, 2007, 02:45 PM
Poor qats. Let us know.

Kitten63
Feb 9th, 2007, 07:45 PM
poor cats, i hope they will be ok.