PDA

View Full Version : OMG I'm going to SE Asia!!!

dekker
Feb 8th, 2007, 02:56 AM
Wowza can't believe it..

Today I booked a trip with 2 other friends to visit SE Asia. We're flying into/out of Bangkok but have dreams of granduer and want to hit up most of the nice parts of Thailand, Vietnam and Cambodia!

Anybody got any helpful hints? I'm really excited to have both a cultural experience and also a nice relaxing vacation!

Brett.
Feb 8th, 2007, 03:04 AM
I have been to Thailand. At first, I went to Bangkok and its really smelly and dirty city with plenty of good markets, good food and nice people.

It will be a bonus for you if you go to Phuket, which is about 1 1/2 hour trip on the plane to there. Its really beautiful place called Patong to visit for drinks at bar, walking around in long street market. At anytime, if you want to buy something and you think its really expensive, and you can make it cheaper as you want. Its your choice to make because Thai workers always appreciate everything to make it small amount of it! :D

I love Thailand to death! But i don't know exactly everything because i went to Phuket before the tsunami wrecked in the town. I have heard that people say its still good at the moment and its still beautiful! :D

Rising Sun
Feb 8th, 2007, 09:29 AM
I've been to Thailand and Cambodia, and they're both awesome places. Enjoy your time there! :cool:

CooCooCachoo
Feb 8th, 2007, 10:31 AM
Have fun :D I hope you don't go all touristy though.

rockstar
Feb 8th, 2007, 10:42 AM
bring extra luggage, the stuff in thailand are really cheap compared to most countries so u're bound to shop a lot.

suffer well
Feb 8th, 2007, 10:44 AM
Have a wonderful time and enjoy yourself :)

Cautionary footnote though. Gary Glitter could be in for early release so keep your eyes open