PDA

View Full Version : Jennifer Hudson, Dreamgirls

Sam L
Feb 7th, 2007, 11:37 AM
I've finally seen this and I really really liked Jennifer in this. She did give a very good performance and it is definitely an Oscar calibre performance.

I thought she was strong throughout the film, like she was the heart and soul. There were many special moments of her in the film, but I thought the scenes with her daughter were the most touching. More touching than the big number which was more of a spectacle than anything. Also, the writers made a mistake with this in that they didn't allow for the climax of this scene to properly build up. It came too suddenly and out of nowhere. Could've been better handled. But Jennifer did a great job with whatever she had to work with.

What a difference from American Idol. I hated her on that show and I'm glad I'm wrong about her in this. She is a star.

The film had its problems though, it was not written very well. The characters weren't allowed to develop, there were major holes and we were left to assume things. But overall, it is a solid entertaining film.

Harju.
Feb 7th, 2007, 12:04 PM
:spit:
The world is coming to an end :scared:

jamatthews
Feb 7th, 2007, 12:04 PM
We have a hacker...:eek:

Mattographer
Feb 7th, 2007, 12:40 PM
:haha:

Selah
Feb 7th, 2007, 12:53 PM
And nothing bad was said about Beyonce. :eek: All I can do is have a big ole chuckle :lol:

skanky~skanketta
Feb 7th, 2007, 12:55 PM
huh? what? wait. was it someone else who was hating on jennifer? i'm a little confused here.

Infiniti2001
Feb 7th, 2007, 12:56 PM
well knock me over with a feather :bolt:

skanky~skanketta
Feb 7th, 2007, 01:01 PM
well knock me over with a feather :bolt:
:haha:

me too. i'm in utter shock! do you feel that? the temperature dropping on the floor? hell has frozen.

CC
Feb 7th, 2007, 03:09 PM
So basically, the whole time this idiot has been hating on Jennifer Hudson without seeing the film.

skanky~skanketta
Feb 7th, 2007, 03:26 PM
So basically, the whole time this idiot has been hating on Jennifer Hudson without seeing the film.
:tape: :tape: :tape:

harloo
Feb 7th, 2007, 04:20 PM
Too little, too late Sam L. You still a hater.:)

tennisIlove09
Feb 7th, 2007, 05:19 PM
Frankly, I thought Jennifer was the ONLY good thing about this movie.

The rest of the actors were ... to be nice, bad. Jamie Foxx? He didnt even look like he should have had an Oscar nomination, yet alone a win. Beyonce? Well I guess I felt she got better as the movie went along. But I cant believe she would allow her voice to be put under the gun like that. She obviously has a lot of courage and self respect. Eddie Murphy? I dunno. I guess I felt the script was just really really bad. Through out the movie I kept asking myself "why is this not over yet?" At the end though, it was nice how it all came together. But still, Jen Hudson was the only bright spot in the movie, in my opinion.

Stamp Paid
Feb 7th, 2007, 07:13 PM
Waitaminute....you hadn't even seen the film, all that time?

Tennis-Chick
Feb 7th, 2007, 09:11 PM
I hated this film, bad story line and the ending was crap. I like Jennifer in it and she was by far the best actor/actress.

skanky~skanketta
Feb 7th, 2007, 10:05 PM
Frankly, I thought Jennifer was the ONLY good thing about this movie.

The rest of the actors were ... to be nice, bad. Jamie Foxx? He didnt even look like he should have had an Oscar nomination, yet alone a win. Beyonce? Well I guess I felt she got better as the movie went along. But I cant believe she would allow her voice to be put under the gun like that. She obviously has a lot of courage and self respect. Eddie Murphy? I dunno. I guess I felt the script was just really really bad. Through out the movie I kept asking myself "why is this not over yet?" At the end though, it was nice how it all came together. But still, Jen Hudson was the only bright spot in the movie, in my opinion.same here. the only part where i TRULY believed she had acting capabilities was when jamie foxx tells her "because your voice has no personality, no depth" the look on her face was :eek: it seemed so real, if you know what i mean.

CooCooCachoo
Feb 7th, 2007, 10:27 PM
Wait.

Next thing we know it you are saying you are marrying someone from Palestine.

:speakles:

No Name Face
Feb 7th, 2007, 11:01 PM
ha, well at least you have enough integrity to eat your words.

Rocketta
Feb 7th, 2007, 11:17 PM
I've been saying it for a while now, schizophrenic. :cuckoo:

mykarma
Feb 7th, 2007, 11:53 PM
I can't believe that you all seem shocked that Saml needs a reason to hate. :lol::tape:

mykarma
Feb 7th, 2007, 11:55 PM
Wait.

Next thing we know it you are saying you are marrying someone from Palestine.

:speakles:
Now that was COLD. :lol::lol::lol: That's the day that hell will freeze over.

Jakeev
Feb 8th, 2007, 03:28 AM
Waitaminute....you hadn't even seen the film, all that time?

I was thinking the same doggone thing. How can a person diss a performance of an actor without even freaking seeing the performance?

:smash:

Crazy Canuck
Feb 8th, 2007, 04:04 AM
It was no secret that he hadn't seen the film.

Good on ya for owning up to your change of heart, Sam :yeah:

Denise4925
Feb 8th, 2007, 04:29 AM
It was no secret that he hadn't seen the film.

Good on ya for owning up to your change of heart, Sam :yeah:

It must have been. People are surprised.

Buitenzorg
Feb 8th, 2007, 04:36 AM
Jen Hudson is great on this movie, she deserved to win an oscar ;)