PDA

View Full Version : Is it ever okay to fall for a straight guy if your a guy

kittyking
Feb 7th, 2007, 10:12 AM
Quite a few people believe in love at first site, or attraction at first site anyway - but the problem is what if your a guy, and their a guy, your gay and their not?
Is it ever okay to fall for a straight guy? Yes or No

hdfb
Feb 7th, 2007, 10:16 AM
What do you mean is "okay"? You can't really stop yourself if the attraction is there...

I guess it's OK in the sense there is nothing morally wrong with it, just that you shouldn't expect anything to eventuate from it I guess..... unless they are willing to er.... experiment, and even then, that's as far as it goes.... IF it gets anywhere.

Jevel
Feb 7th, 2007, 10:22 AM
Sure, but don't expect anything to happen. :)

controlfreak
Feb 7th, 2007, 10:39 AM
Hugo, is that you?? :confused: :o

mandy7
Feb 7th, 2007, 10:43 AM
It's okay, it's just pointless.

*abby*
Feb 7th, 2007, 10:58 AM
its not a case of it being ok or not, you cant help who you fall in love with

kittyking
Feb 7th, 2007, 11:00 AM
I voted no in the poll, in my 'straighter' days I was hit on but I didn't tell anyone because it thankfully didn't go very far, although he was rather sweet now that I think about it :sad:

Kart
Feb 7th, 2007, 11:44 AM
I don't see why it's any different from falling for anyone else that you have no chance with.

It's not like these things are always under our control.

Marcus1979
Feb 7th, 2007, 01:24 PM
its no different to falling for a gay guy that doesn't have the same feelings ;)

LefandePatty
Feb 7th, 2007, 01:27 PM
Don't give up KK !

kabuki
Feb 7th, 2007, 01:28 PM
Sure it's OK. What it's not is sensible or healthy.

James
Feb 7th, 2007, 01:46 PM
I voted no in the poll, in my 'straighter' days I was hit on but I didn't tell anyone because it thankfully didn't go very far, although he was rather sweet now that I think about it :sad:

Would you like to explain why you voted no?

Like others said, it is ok to fall in love with someone, even though it can not lead to anything.

"Sluggy"
Feb 7th, 2007, 03:00 PM
i said no. if he is straight, it's probably best for everyone that you keep you feelings to yourself.

James
Feb 7th, 2007, 03:11 PM
i said no. if he is straight, it's probably best for everyone that you keep you feelings to yourself.

But that is not the question. The question if it's ok to fall in love with a straight guy. Whatever happens next is a different matter altogether.

No Name Face
Feb 7th, 2007, 03:14 PM

co sign.

but it is flattering, somewhat.

alfonsojose
Feb 7th, 2007, 03:21 PM
It's not right or wrong :shrug: It's about being a human being. But be careful, 'coz he can use u, like any other person in love can be used

Andy_
Feb 7th, 2007, 03:30 PM
There's nothing inherently wrong with falling for a straight guy... just as there is nothing wrong with falling for someone who doesn't reciprocate... either way there's probably going to be some painful or awkward moments, cuz well... it's not going to work.

If it has happened to you, just be careful cuz a) you may not know how he'd react if he found out and b) really it'd be less painful for you if you could get over him :hug:

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 7th, 2007, 03:43 PM
Hum there is nothing *wrong*. It probably will lead to bad things though.

eugreene2
Feb 7th, 2007, 03:50 PM
No ... don't do it. Sometimes people who fall in love do IRRATIONAL things. Just call the person attractive & move on.

Sally Struthers
Feb 7th, 2007, 03:58 PM
you can fall in love with a rock or a dog.. whatever floats your boat... but it only becomes a problem when you start acting on your feelings!

Marshmallow
Feb 7th, 2007, 06:15 PM
No. Never.

Helen Lawson
Feb 7th, 2007, 06:29 PM
It's fine. It's easy change a person's sexuality. As Neely O'Hara once said to Jennifer North, "Ted Casablanca is NOT a FAG! And I'm the dame who can prove it." Enough said.

LoveFifteen
Feb 7th, 2007, 06:40 PM
It's perfectly fine to fall in love with straight guys. Some of them are "three beer queers". ;)

tennisIlove09
Feb 7th, 2007, 06:49 PM
You cant choose who you fall in love with.
Is it okay? of course it is.
As long as you dont get some idea in your mind that something will come from it. That would not be okay.

spartanfan
Feb 8th, 2007, 04:14 AM
It's okay, it's just pointless.

i'm co-signin on this one. as someone said earlier it the same with opposites who fall for someone totally out of their league. It's life and you move on..there's always some other sucker down the road.

Brett.
Feb 8th, 2007, 04:21 AM
When this straight guy is really drunk, then you'll be fine! I done it before when i went to Dublin on pub crawls with friends! ;)

Jessie181
Feb 8th, 2007, 05:44 AM
I voted yes. No one can choose who they fall in love with.
However, it won't go anywhere...
Moreover, it will just end up painful for the person who fell in love with the straight guy.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Feb 8th, 2007, 06:48 AM
You're just headed for heartbreak :sad:

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Feb 8th, 2007, 08:31 AM
Of course its ok if all it is, is a simple crush. If its more than that then you are foolish cause its never gonna happen (except on those random rare occasions that they want a bit of somethin somethin)

"Sluggy"
Feb 8th, 2007, 10:01 AM
But that is not the question. The question if it's ok to fall in love with a straight guy. Whatever happens next is a different matter altogether.

A person can like anyone or anything he or she wants. Having feelings for someone is not a problem. But it really is inappropriate for a gay person to express sexual desires for a person who holds himself out as straight. And especially if he has a girlfriend or girlfriends, the gay person should just mind his business.

"Sluggy"
Feb 8th, 2007, 10:05 AM
co sign.

but it is flattering, somewhat.

yes, it can be flattering. Not to me really, but i guess at a younger age, yes it was flattering.

I do believe thought that to be a good "heterosexual" you need to be a good "homosexual" in some way. What i mean is every male should have a nice image of himself, to the extent that he should conduct himself with class as much as he is able, should practice good mental and physical health and feel "sexy" about himself. Frequently gay men, especially well adjusted succesful men like say Bionic, are in the best position to give their stamp approval on a new hetero prospect. He is in a good position to inspect if the guy is up to speed, takes care of himself, and presents a low-risk good match for any human female. Gays are a good mirror for straights to see if we have what it takes, and what can use some improvement. So yes, i think getting gay approval can be very important. Surely some straights dont need it, but I THINK that there are tons of benefits. :lol:

SpikeyAidanm
Feb 8th, 2007, 10:18 AM
it's called converting hehe I've done that before.

James
Feb 8th, 2007, 11:26 AM
A person can like anyone or anything he or she wants. Having feelings for someone is not a problem. But it really is inappropriate for a gay person to express sexual desires for a person who holds himself out as straight. And especially if he has a girlfriend or girlfriends, the gay person should just mind his business.

Like many people before you, you seem to interpret the question differently than I see it. In essence the question is whether it is ok to fall for someone you can't have (in this case straight). It is ok to fall in love of course. Whether you should act on those feeling is another question altogether.

Andy_
Feb 8th, 2007, 11:34 AM
Frequently gay men, especially well adjusted succesful men like say Bionic, are in the best position to give their stamp approval on a new hetero prospect. He is in a good position to inspect if the guy is up to speed, takes care of himself, and presents a low-risk good match for any human female. Gays are a good mirror for straights to see if we have what it takes, and what can use some improvement. So yes, i think getting gay approval can be very important. Surely some straights dont need it, but I THINK that there are tons of benefits. :lol:

That's a TV show, Sluggy. :p It's called 'Queer Eye for the Straight Guy'
http://images.zap2it.com/20040220/queereyeforthestraightguy_240.jpg

"Sluggy"
Feb 8th, 2007, 11:57 AM
Like many people before you, you seem to interpret the question differently than I see it. In essence the question is whether it is ok to fall for someone you can't have (in this case straight). It is ok to fall in love of course. Whether you should act on those feeling is another question altogether.

I'm sure i do.

I dont have an answer for U, but i dont think it is fair to make eyes at a straight guy, best to mind your business, but then again, if the possibility of hooking up with a straight guy didnt exist, i supposed life would be boring for both straight and gay people. Gay men can be "exciting" to straight ones, it's undeniable :lol:

plantman
Feb 9th, 2007, 05:24 AM
It's perfectly fine to fall in love with straight guys. Some of them are "three beer queers". ;)

:lol: :lol: How true !!!
I've met a few in my days!

safinforlife
Feb 9th, 2007, 05:42 AM
Why the fuck do you have Nemo on your avatar?

Outlander
Feb 9th, 2007, 05:44 AM
What straight guy suddenly falls for another guy ?

Huh ?

Sounds like Fantasy Island (for someone else I mean). I am liberal; I could care less which way one bats, but how a man can look at an Ana Ivanovich and not want to .......

(Grumbles)

Cage
Feb 9th, 2007, 06:00 AM
There is no harm i spose :shrug:

~Eclipsed~
Feb 9th, 2007, 06:08 AM
no i don't think it's ok. Because obviously if you fall for someone, you'll want to pursue them at some point. So i think you should do your best to get that person out of your mind. It's ok though if a straight guy comes to you.;)

Couver
Feb 9th, 2007, 08:44 AM
It's certainly ok. You can't control your feelings in matters like this. It's happend to many many gay friends of mine. But usually it stems from them thinking or maybe wishing that the guy is gay. The down side is of course that nothing can or will ever come of it, so there is definetly major heartache. But like all things in life you can learn and grow from it.

Shimizu Amon
Feb 9th, 2007, 04:30 PM
You can't help who you fall in love with...

Europe rocks
Feb 9th, 2007, 10:11 PM
It's fine for a gay guy to fall for a straight guy, it's just unlikely anything will happen

DemWilliamsGulls
Feb 9th, 2007, 11:12 PM
I guess its okay...shit I look at $50,000 BMW all the time...and I know I wont get it..and it aint killed me yet...

Scotso
Feb 10th, 2007, 01:27 AM
Of course it's okay, but it won't get you anywhere.

Geisha
Feb 11th, 2007, 01:01 AM
Um. Story of my life in the eleventh grade.

There is this Channing Tatum look-a-like in my grade and we had a class together last year and he's ghetto-ish, really nice, and he always talked to me. This year, we haven't spoken, but I'm totally falling for him. :|

Geisha
Feb 11th, 2007, 01:04 AM
no i don't think it's ok. Because obviously if you fall for someone, you'll want to pursue them at some point. So i think you should do your best to get that person out of your mind. It's ok though if a straight guy comes to you.;)

I don't necessarily think you'll want to pursue them. You can't just have a crush on them?

LudwigDvorak
Feb 11th, 2007, 02:00 AM
What gay guy doesn't want to conquer at least one straight guy? It's just a matter of time and wading one out of a very large pool.

Granted, that's with less emotional connection than anything, usually. This seems to have an emotional connection. I'd of course advise against it. It's wrong simply because it ends up hurting the person crushing more than anything. Best to get out of that situation.

I keep myself content at simply staring and admiring the beauty of said straight guy. It's much better than getting to know them half the time. :o

kittyking
Feb 11th, 2007, 08:12 AM
Didnt realise this thread was still going sorry so i've got a few things to respond too;

First I havent ever actually fallen for a straight guy, well at least not any further than glancing and thinking hes cute - then finding hes straight or taken and my eyes have then gone elsewhere. Im very happily single atm :yeah:

Would you like to explain why you voted no?

Like others said, it is ok to fall in love with someone, even though it can not lead to anything.

Certainly

I think the trouble with heaps of gay guys is that we often think we can change people and I mean its nearly impossible to turn a straight guy bisexual or gay.

kittyking
Feb 11th, 2007, 08:18 AM

I agree with you, especially on the last point u made there ;)

I don't necessarily think you'll want to pursue them. You can't just have a crush on them?

Well thats the thing, dont you get at least the littlest thought in your head that their could be a future with them?

~Eclipsed~
Feb 12th, 2007, 05:07 PM

Do you really wanna torture yourself?

Personally i dont' try to go after straight guys because they're straight. You shouldn't try to impose your sexuality on someone if they don't feel the same. It's kinda like religious beliefs. Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs so i never preach mine to anyone else because it's rude and annoying.

kittyking
Feb 13th, 2007, 06:44 AM
Fine, confession time - just in the last 2 days I have started to fall for some guy. The thing is that he a very typical 'like the look off, then find out hes straight, then hes outa my head' type guy for me I think - I mean it is different because I have actually talked to this guy and im far better respected at school this year than last (at least by the other students). I keep trying to get some word out of his outa like having a girlfriend, having an ex girlfriend or something like that (come on, shoulda been easy enough I mean its Valentines day tomorrow). I think he is outa my league though, like even if he was remotely attracted to guys I mean.

kittyking
Feb 13th, 2007, 06:49 AM
It's ok though if a straight guy comes to you.;)

How do you mean this now

Like if I move away just slightly and he moves to me is that okay :o

MrSerenaWilliams
Feb 13th, 2007, 07:24 AM
It's no different from a straight guy falling in love with a lesbian...or a straight girl falling in love with a gay guy. You can't help who you fall in love with. The next step from that is all up to the person.

You can't help who you fall for. But respect for the person is utmost.