PDA

View Full Version : Which Russian will go furthest at Wimbledon?

saki
Jun 23rd, 2002, 02:30 PM
Well? What do you think?

Cassius
Jun 23rd, 2002, 04:33 PM
Honestly?
I have absolutely NO idea.
Myskina could be the best Russian, but it depends which Myskina turns up. If the one that thrashed Hantuchova turns up, then I predict a possible QF. But if the one that lost to Rubin turns up, then I think she'll be going home early.
Exactly the same with Dementieva.

the cat
Jun 23rd, 2002, 04:59 PM
I voted for Myskina.

But I would have voted for Sharapova, if she was allowed to play. Damn rules! :mad:

Cassius
Jun 23rd, 2002, 05:10 PM
I wouldn't have voted for Sharapova, even if she was playing here.
I didn't actually vote.

saki
Jun 23rd, 2002, 06:34 PM
I'm going with Vera Zvonareva. She claims to prefer grass and fast surfaces to clay and, given how well she did at RG, she should be dangerous.

Myskina is obviously playing well, but I have the vague suspicion that it will be rather like RG where she played really well going into it and then had a let down. But we shall see.

Jordan.
Jun 23rd, 2002, 10:50 PM
ZVONAREVA and Myskina! :bounce:

tenn_ace
Jun 24th, 2002, 08:29 PM
saki,

as far as I remember, Vera never played a pro match on grass...

When did she say that she prefers grass?

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 24th, 2002, 08:57 PM
Vera says she likes Hard Courts
thats her preference

Vera hasn't even played a Junior match on grass

Nina_rus
Jun 25th, 2002, 07:51 AM
I voted for Myskina

saki
Jun 25th, 2002, 11:25 AM
Vera said something along the lines of preferring faster surfaces and therefore looking forward to grass.

Cassius
Jun 26th, 2002, 01:54 AM
In the Sveta K cheering thread, I said that two Russian girls will play each other later today.
I forgot that Elena Bovina and Tatiana Panova will also play each other later.
Also, Alina Jidkova will play in the women's doubles with Bryanne Stewart against the British pairing of Julie Pullin and Lorna Woodroffe.
Elena Tatarkova will also play in the doubles with Laura Montalvo against Iva Majoli and Patricia Tarabini.
Also Safin is playing on court 1 against Olivier Rochus. Which Rochus did Safin beat at the French?
Good luck to Kafelnikov. He'll need it, because he's scheduled to play 2 matches later, on the same court (13). His matches are supposed to be the 2nd and 4th matches on court.

Cassius
Jun 27th, 2002, 12:07 AM
Safin lost:eek:.
Kafelnikov won one match, but I don't know about his second one.
I'm not sure who else won.

Anastassia Rodionova is competing in this years Wimbledon, in the women's doubles with Weingartner. In the first round they'll play Helen Crook and Victoria Davies of Britain.

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 1st, 2002, 07:50 AM
Amazed Elena Likhovtseva has 0% and I think of the two she has the better chance to make the QF.

good luck to both girls today and hope both make the QF.

Cassius
Jul 1st, 2002, 07:40 PM
Yeah, I was just about to say that. 4 of the players in that list have 0 votes. Likhovtseva is one of them and she's the last Russian left.