PDA

View Full Version : Best Foreign Film

Conchi Party
Feb 6th, 2007, 05:38 AM
So I am trying to watch all the best foreign film nominations and decide the best...what do you all think....

I saw 'Water' first, being Canadian and all, and I have to say it was really good. I can understand Hindi as I am half east indian and half caucasian so perhaps that helped.

Watched Pan's Labriynth and also thought it was good...I would have to give it the edge only because it's cinematography was amazing....music was strong as well....

What of the other three....opinions? thoughts?

LeRoy.
Feb 6th, 2007, 05:40 AM
Water was far more powerful than Pans Labryinth was

LudwigDvorak
Feb 6th, 2007, 05:43 AM
Amelie was great. Eraserhead, which I think is foreign, is great. The Seventh Seal = top notch.

Yep. That's about the extent of my knowledge on foreign film.

Jevel
Feb 6th, 2007, 09:16 AM
Burnt Money, Amores Perros, Kairo and The Devil's Backbone are some of my top choices. All exceptional, Imo.

controlfreak
Feb 6th, 2007, 10:38 AM
Das Leben der Anderen looks pretty boring. I reckon it will be contested between Pan's Labyrinth and Indigenes, with Pan winning.

JuchuKai
Feb 6th, 2007, 04:36 PM
Das Leben der Anderen looks pretty boring.

maybe to people who aren't familar with the historical background. I'm still looking forward to watch it

PatrickRyan
Feb 6th, 2007, 04:44 PM
is The Deamers a foreign film?
i want to see Letters from Iwo Jima really bad though.

PamShriverRockz
Feb 6th, 2007, 05:55 PM
Pan's Lab rockz.

matthias
Feb 6th, 2007, 06:06 PM
i think "das leben der anderen" wouldn´t have won european film award and many other awards if the movie would be boring
and when you read the critics, even from american newspapers on Rotten-Tomatoes it sounds like you are the only one who think it is a boring movie

controlfreak
Feb 6th, 2007, 08:00 PM
I haven't read the reviews, I said it was boring based on seeing the trailer. Also there have been many boring films which have won awards and had good reviews.

Helen Lawson
Feb 6th, 2007, 08:09 PM
I loved the French one with two chicks, one an ugly Jennifer Capriati, getting stalked by a psycho in a farmhouse.

Lodvg
Feb 6th, 2007, 08:21 PM
Pan's Labyrinth:hearts:
http://www.panslabyrinth.com/