PDA

View Full Version : Wimbledon Ballot 2007 - Did you get tickets?

andrew_uk
Feb 5th, 2007, 05:54 PM
My waiting is finally over - I will be going on Centre Court for the first time this year!:bounce: :hearts:

I came home to a letter which looked like junk mail from the outside - opened it to find it was from the Wimbledon Ballot and I got a pair of Centre Court tickets for the second Monday (2nd July):worship: :D

I've been on all courts before except Centre - so finally I got my wish :p

Did anybody else get tickets?:) ;) :wavey: :drool:

!<blocparty>!
Feb 5th, 2007, 05:56 PM
*smacks head on desk* I totally forgot about it. :speakles:

But it's OK, I'll be camping out for most of the Championships again this year. :smoke:

Have fun!

Escape
Feb 5th, 2007, 06:00 PM
I got tickets :woohoo: :bounce: :D

A pair of tickets for centre court on the first Tuesday ;)
Been on cort 1 before but not centre

andrew_uk
Feb 5th, 2007, 06:01 PM
Great Torres :wavey: Did your letter arrive today? :p :)

Escape
Feb 5th, 2007, 06:18 PM
Yes it did :p

PamShriverRockz
Feb 5th, 2007, 06:30 PM
I haven't had tickets for years! I forgot this year anyway :o D'oh.

RenaSlam.
Feb 5th, 2007, 06:53 PM
Time to watch the Williamses on Centre Court (again)

Princess Fiona
Feb 5th, 2007, 07:01 PM
I'm guessing not... *sigh* But I got lucky last year. :)

Congrats to all those who got tickets - have fun. :)

lindsayno1
Feb 5th, 2007, 07:49 PM
i got tix for the first friday!

andrew_uk
Feb 5th, 2007, 07:52 PM
i got tix for the first friday!

Which court did you get? :) :wavey:

Gerri
Feb 5th, 2007, 10:03 PM
My waiting is finally over - I will be going on Centre Court for the first time this year!:bounce: :hearts:

I came home to a letter which looked like junk mail from the outside - opened it to find it was from the Wimbledon Ballot and I got a pair of Centre Court tickets for the second Monday (2nd July):worship: :D

I've been on all courts before except Centre - so finally I got my wish :p

Did anybody else get tickets?:) ;) :wavey: :drool:

I got tickets for Centre Court for the same day as you!! I thought it was junk mail too :lol:

Cilla
Feb 5th, 2007, 10:21 PM
Completely forgot about it :o

Monica_Rules
Feb 5th, 2007, 10:44 PM
not sure yet. Got a letter from the LTA last thursday/friday. Did people gte them that early? Does the letter come from the LTA?

andrew_uk
Feb 5th, 2007, 10:57 PM
not sure yet. Got a letter from the LTA last thursday/friday. Did people gte them that early? Does the letter come from the LTA?

No - the letter comes from The All England Club :wavey:

However, the LTA has allocated tickets for tennis clubs. My tennis club is only allocated one pair so we have a draw to decide who gets them :lol: :p

andrew_uk
Feb 5th, 2007, 10:59 PM
I got tickets for Centre Court for the same day as you!! I thought it was junk mail too :lol:

:eek: :lol: This is great lol. When the tickets are posted to us in May we will have to see who got the better seats :lol: :haha: :wavey:

Monica_Rules
Feb 5th, 2007, 11:24 PM
Oh i hope i get one tomorrow or over the next few days. Will be pissed off if i don't get tickets.

andrew_uk
Feb 7th, 2007, 09:16 PM
Any other lucky ticket holders? :p :lol: :) :wavey:

andrew_uk
Feb 9th, 2007, 05:23 PM
I take it there are no more then? :lol: :p :o :wavey:

LDF
Feb 9th, 2007, 05:40 PM
I got court 1 tickets for the second Friday, but that was one of the few days I couldn't go (and it'd only be doubles anyway) :shrug:

So I've booked Eastbourne tickets :)

Mina Vagante
Feb 9th, 2007, 06:35 PM
i got 2 tickets for centre court mens semi-final

Wintermute
Feb 9th, 2007, 11:24 PM
I got a pair for Centre Court on the opening Monday. I've not been before so I'm really excited. Just gotta decide who to bring...

Monica_Rules
Feb 10th, 2007, 12:25 AM
Not heard anything yet so don't think i've got any tickets:sad:

416_Man
Feb 10th, 2007, 12:55 AM
WOW this is crazy. Can someone explain how Wimbledon does it? Is it like a lottery, or do you put preferences or is it first come first serve?

fifiricci
Feb 10th, 2007, 06:29 AM
I got notifiication of my tickets yesterday. Not brilliant, but beggars can't be choosers: No 1 Court on Thursday 28 June :D

andrew_uk
Feb 10th, 2007, 09:20 AM
WOW this is crazy. Can someone explain how Wimbledon does it? Is it like a lottery, or do you put preferences or is it first come first serve?

The Wimbledon ballot is indeed a lottery. You have to send a stamped addressed envelope to Wimbledon by December each year. In February time, they write to you if you are successful. The letter states what you got, either a pair of tickets or single ticket (most are pairs) and the Court, either Centre or Court 1. You either accept what you are given or you don't. There isn't a system where you can request an alternative day or court. You can only send 1 address per UK household. I suppose if you wanted to maximise your tickets you could get friends/family to enter on your behalf with their own address and you could pay them for the tickets :lol: (I haven't done that before but I have considered it :p ;)).

The alternative is you queue for hours on the day for a ground pass which allows you access to all courts except Centre and Court 1, and if you go on Court 2 it's standing room only. But if you are willing to start queueing at night time you have a good chance to get the last remaining Centre and Court 1 tickets as well as Court 2 seat tickets.

Another way to get Centre and Court 1 tickets is if you are a member of an LTA club (virtually all clubs in Great Britain are LTA affiliated) the LTA has an allocation for Wimbledon tickets for club. The number of tickets for each club is probably in proportion to the number of members in each club, i.e. my club is small so they only send 1 pair :p. It is at the discretion of the club which members get these tickets - in my club they do a draw.

Hope this hasn't confused you Jesse :p :lol: :) :wavey:

vertigo
Feb 10th, 2007, 03:19 PM
Whenever I've had tickets I've ended up just using the ground courts anyway. Although each year I still enter the ballot. No tickets so far this year. But I'll certainly be going ----> ground court matches RULE!

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 10th, 2007, 04:38 PM
I'll try having my tickets from other sources :angel: ;)

And anyways, i'll most likely want to see ground courts anyways!

Europe rocks
Feb 10th, 2007, 08:18 PM
Andrew, as a special treat for finishing my exams, can you take me to Wimbledon? :angel: :lol: