PDA

View Full Version : Petition to put Brandy into prison

ZListCelebrity
Feb 5th, 2007, 06:40 AM
It'll show that celebrities aren't treated differently and she'll be held responsible for the chain car accident she started.

Wigglytuff
Feb 5th, 2007, 06:56 AM
i dont know what country you are from but in america evidence and a trial by a jury is needed before you commend someone. and yes even if that person is famous. they still have a right to be considered innocent until proven guilty.

jrm
Feb 5th, 2007, 11:00 AM
Agree - no free ride for celebs

If she did it she should pay for it!

Erika_Angel
Feb 5th, 2007, 11:10 AM
Why don't you just let the courts decide what will happen with Brandy. A trial with a Jury who will hear all the evidence will decide whether or not Brandy is negligent of the woman's death.

Some gossip reading, gun jumping individual who is uninformed about most aspects of the case, is hardly somebody who should be making benighted accusations over Brandy's role in the accident.

DemWilliamsGulls
Feb 5th, 2007, 11:11 AM
it was an accident I dont think she inteded to hurt that lady...it would be different if she was drunk driving or something like that...we all have had car accidents...unfortunately hers just killed someone..put yourself in her situation do you think it would be fair if you accidently hit someone and u had to go to jail?

Paneru
Feb 5th, 2007, 11:19 AM
i dont know what country you are from but in america evidence and a trial by a jury is needed before you commend someone. and yes even if that person is famous. they still have a right to be considered innocent until proven guilty.

More a foreign concept these days.
Condemn first and get facts later.

IMO, this thread simply promotes the
opposite of its possible intention, inequality.

Condemn Brandy before due process because she's
a celebrity, denying her the same due process and
presumption of innocence (if/until proven otherwise)
of the same non-celeb you want her to be treated as?

Make her a "scapegoat" for what others have possibly
benefitted from instead of judging her based on her
own individual circmstances in a court of law by her
jury of peers?

James
Feb 5th, 2007, 11:27 AM
Why don't you just let the courts decide what will happen with Brandy. A trial with a Jury who will hear all the evidence will decide whether or not Brandy is negligent of the woman's death.

Some gossip reading, gun jumping individual who is uninformed about most aspects of the case, is hardly somebody who should be making benighted accusations over Brandy's role in the accident.

My sentiment exactly. Brandy has the right to a fair trial like any other citizen.

Wigglytuff
Feb 5th, 2007, 01:09 PM
More a foreign concept these days.
Condemn first and get facts later.

IMO, this thread simply promotes the
opposite of its possible intention, inequality.

Condemn Brandy before due process because she's
a celebrity, denying her the same due process and
presumption of innocence (if/until proven otherwise)
of the same non-celeb you want her to be treated as?

Make her a "scapegoat" for what others have possibly
benefitted from instead of judging her based on her
own individual circmstances in a court of law by her
jury of peers?
exactly!!!!

samsung101
Feb 5th, 2007, 07:13 PM
Sorry, in Los Angeles, famous or not, the norm is not to be put in
prison for an involutary manslaughter accident, when drugs and
alcohol are not a part of it, and the person has no criminal record.

She is being treated like everyone else.

In fact, being charged at all, she may in fact be getting harsher
treatment than most would. They didn't take long to charge
her, or to give the info to the press.

It was a car accident, and she didn't even hit the car that
had the women in it who did die. It was a chain reaction
accident on an LA freeway, and her speed though high,
was not extremely out of the ordinary for freeway driving
at that time of the day.

The actor from Prison Break who did kill someone a few months
ago who was an underage passenger in his car, was proven to
be on coke, and drunk, and he is only now turning himself in
to the police for the manslaughter charge to come.

In LA.

Helen Lawson
Feb 5th, 2007, 07:17 PM
She's being charged because she IS a celebrity! It was a very common, routine accident. She was speeding--a little. That's usually never charged unless the person is a celebrity or like a little kid got killed.

Poor Brandy. You have that bimbo Nicole Richie driving the WRONG WAY down the Interstate stoned and drugged out of her mind, but it's Brandy doing 65 mph that causes an accident that could happen to anyone, and she's the one getting hosed. We live in a crazy world!

RunDown
Feb 5th, 2007, 07:26 PM
Ok, I don't agree with Zlist, but when I saw the thread title I :lol:

it was an accident I dont think she inteded to hurt that lady...it would be different if she was drunk driving or something like that...we all have had car accidents...unfortunately hers just killed someone..put yourself in her situation do you think it would be fair if you accidently hit someone and u had to go to jail?

I agree. I can think of a couple of times when I first started driving that I was almost involved in a couple of accidents. My mind was occupied and I simply wasn't paying as much attention as i should've been. I was lucky my reaction time and my car's brakes were good.

It's sad all around. While I think that probation (which she'll probably get) doesn't seem like enough for taking someone's life, It also doesn't seem fair to send someone to prison for an accident in which alcohol/drugs weren't involved. Besides, I'm sure she's gotta feel pretty guilty.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Feb 5th, 2007, 08:03 PM
People are being so harsh on Brandy, it was an ACCIDENT. How many times have you briefly taken your eyes off the road and almost hit someone/something. It happens to all of us. Does that make us criminals that should be fed to the dogs, NO.

I find it funny that people keep saying she should get what she deserves, but she wasn't drunk, on a cell phone, painting her nails...nothing. I feel so bad for her, and I think it's digusting that the family is trying to sue for 50 million dollars. You can't put a price on life.

Wigglytuff
Feb 5th, 2007, 08:54 PM
She's being charged because she IS a celebrity! It was a very common, routine accident. She was speeding--a little. That's usually never charged unless the person is a celebrity or like a little kid got killed.

Poor Brandy. You have that bimbo Nicole Richie driving the WRONG WAY down the Interstate stoned and drugged out of her mind, but it's Brandy doing 65 mph that causes an accident that could happen to anyone, and she's the one getting hosed. We live in a crazy world!

you are correct about this

Fantastic
Feb 6th, 2007, 04:16 PM
I hope they let her go. Wrong place, wrong time. We don't need a petty jailing to satisfy the bitter feelings of a class struggle.

My uncle accidentally hit a 7-year-old girl with the milk van he was driving a couple of decades ago. The little girl ran behind the truck from out of the blue and my uncle could not see her. What she was doing running around the streets at 4am was perhaps the bigger question. My uncle was charged with involuntary manslaughter at first (as was the procedure for any accidental death) but the case never made it to court. It was dismissed as an accident and the parents of the girl agreed. They were sad to lose their daughter but they were also not stupid to punish an innocent person. No one could've expected my uncle to put on the brakes in time because the girl was small and ran from behind a brick wall.