PDA

View Full Version : A video of killing of Dolphins:

Sam L
Feb 5th, 2007, 01:56 AM
This may be disturbing to some people, so just a warning.

http://www.glumbert.com/media/dolphin

Sorry but have these people heard of normal foods like vegetables, chicken and beef?

Freaks.

Edward.
Feb 5th, 2007, 02:17 AM
Fucked up and wrong on so many levels.

Stamp Paid
Feb 5th, 2007, 02:19 AM
I didn't know people ate dolphin. :sad:

Sam L
Feb 5th, 2007, 02:20 AM
BTW.. this is in JAPAN.

Marcus1979
Feb 5th, 2007, 02:22 AM
thats right they can kill so many of them for a year for "research"

What are they researching anyway

the flavours of dolphins :fiery: :mad:

drake3781
Feb 5th, 2007, 02:35 AM
BTW.. this is in JAPAN.

I can't watch it.

Japan is one of the few countries killing whales, too, along with Iceland and I think Norway (if not Norway, another of the Scandinavian countries).

They use the "research" excuse for that too.

Wannabeknowitall
Feb 5th, 2007, 02:44 AM
This may be disturbing to some people, so just a warning.

http://www.glumbert.com/media/dolphin

Sorry but have these people heard of normal foods like vegetables, chicken and beef?

Freaks.

It was disturbing.
We're talking about a densely populated country that has little domestic agriculture and cattle though.
Exporting those things on a massive scale would put Japan's barely stable economy in jeopardy.
So they go to the sea.
As far as I know the dolphins that are extinct are in China, not Japan.

I'm disgusted but at the same time what do you expect them to do.
There isn't an unlimited supply of fish.
There isn't of dolphins either but as far as I can recall the Japanese haven't caused an extinction of a species since the Wake Island rail during WWII.

Dementieva_Dude
Feb 5th, 2007, 02:47 AM

It's not the fact that they eat dolphin that bothers me (after all, what defines "normal" food?), it's the manner in which the dolphins are killed.

Just a reminder to everyone...think about his video next time you have a can of tuna :tape:

I agree with you though, Sam L, the video is graphic and distrurbing, but makes for interesting viewing. Thanks for posting

MrSerenaWilliams
Feb 5th, 2007, 02:51 AM
I didn't know people ate dolphin. :sad: :hug::awww: Me either :tears:

The convusions were TOO much :sobbing:

MrSerenaWilliams
Feb 5th, 2007, 02:51 AM
It's not the fact that they eat dolphin that bothers me (after all, what defines "normal" food?), it's the manner in which the dolphins are killed. Surely there has to be a more humane/animal friendly way to capture and kill the dolphins.

Just a reminder to everyone...think about his video next time you have a can of tuna :tape:

I agree with you though, Sam L, the video is graphic and distrurbing, but makes for interesting viewing. Thanks for posting

:worship:

Martian Stacey
Feb 5th, 2007, 03:09 AM
I can't watch it :sad: This is just so wrong they shouldn't be able to get away with this :mad:

Martian Jeza
Feb 5th, 2007, 03:32 AM
I would kill at the same maneer those dumbfucks who killed the dolphins ! And it's all about the FUCKING money ! :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

Eating dolphins, how low can you go : Stupid Japaners ! You have at some other Asian countries where you eat dogs for example :help: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

Vincey!
Feb 5th, 2007, 03:39 AM
:sad: ....:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

Vincey!
Feb 5th, 2007, 03:46 AM
that's horrible, but I'm wondering how the industries here kill our porks,chiken and beef???:o ..but that still very outrageous:fiery:

drake3781
Feb 5th, 2007, 04:00 AM
that's horrible, but I'm wondering how the industries here kill our porks,chiken and beef???:o ..but that still very outrageous:fiery:

if you eat them, it is your business to know that. :openyoureyes:

(not directed solely at you, vinceten)

Brett.
Feb 5th, 2007, 04:02 AM
Japanese doesn't care about whales and dolphins, and that's wierd! :scratch: Those sea animals are very good for us! That's pathetic!

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 5th, 2007, 04:17 AM
I won't watch it, probably will just start crying if I do ;)

But I've seen some documentaries on the subject and it is just cruel and inhuman.

"Sluggy"
Feb 5th, 2007, 08:44 AM
i dont see what you are whining about.

This is how prehistoric man catpured food, they'd surround and kill the animals, or chase them off a cliff or something.

mandy7
Feb 5th, 2007, 08:47 AM
This is so so sad.
There's no way this can be justified.
And i can say that without watching the vid.

V.Melb
Feb 5th, 2007, 11:13 AM
This is revolting.

The Japanese are really shocking and 100 years behind in these fishing methods.... i know they like to eat these things, and its even part of their culture, but this is unacceptable on so many levels.

awfull.

Привет
Feb 5th, 2007, 11:18 AM
Yuck! And didn't even have to watch it to come to that conclusion.

I'm not going to single out Japanese. ANYONE who kills an animal in an inhumane way without sufficient reasoning loses ALL respect from me. I'm not talking about ants or something by the way. I'm talking about when people knowingly kill something and let it suffer, without a good reason. In my opinion they should be tried and convicted as if their victim was human.

It revolts me.

DemWilliamsGulls
Feb 5th, 2007, 11:22 AM
WHOA at that video...they dont have enough mercy to kill them with less pain...thats just cruel...they do that to cats and dog in China too I think....absolutely terrible and inhumane...

frenchie
Feb 5th, 2007, 11:38 AM
I don't want to watch it!

BTW killing methods for cows, chickens....are not so good either!

Andy.
Feb 5th, 2007, 11:50 AM
This makes me sooo mad

Timariot
Feb 5th, 2007, 02:56 PM
It was disturbing.
We're talking about a densely populated country that has little domestic agriculture and cattle though.
Exporting those things on a massive scale would put Japan's barely stable economy in jeopardy.
So they go to the sea.

Hmm. Actually no - Japanese whaling industry exists today only as a national subsidy effort. It is not commercially profitable and whaling continues only as a result of rather bizarre regional politics and some sort of national defiance, rather than for any rational reason.

I'm disgusted but at the same time what do you expect them to do.
There isn't an unlimited supply of fish.

Agreed in principle. People oppose buying tuna cans because dolphins die on tuna nets - but why isn't anyone worried about the tuna??

shrOOf
Feb 5th, 2007, 03:05 PM
that makes me sad :sad:

"Sluggy"
Feb 5th, 2007, 03:07 PM
i must be growing old and cold, but this footage doesn't upset me at all. It used to when i was a kid though.

!<blocparty>!
Feb 5th, 2007, 03:09 PM

This is how prehistoric man catpured food, they'd surround and kill the animals, or chase them off a cliff or something.

Wow, this just pissed me off bigtime. Did you watch the video you ignorant fuck. "Prehistoric man" did not tie dolphins to the back of their VEHICLES and drag them along the road, neither did they use sound rods to interfere with their sonar.

I'm a meat eater... but at least I know where the meat I eat comes from and how they kill the animals. Those methods are just horrific, nothing should die like that.

tenn_ace
Feb 5th, 2007, 03:13 PM

:rolleyes:

prehistoric people also killed each other left and right for no apparent reason and without concenquences. should this be normal in our days too? :rolleyes:

Timariot
Feb 5th, 2007, 03:21 PM

prehistoric people also killed each other left and right for no apparent reason and without concenquences.

Umm - no.

tennismaster8820
Feb 5th, 2007, 03:26 PM
:help:
:bigcry: :bigcry: :sobbing: :sad:
:fiery: :mad: :help:
Nothing can justify this! I see them same as humans and it's just too shocking that these people don't feel anything doing that!:sad:

"Sluggy"
Feb 5th, 2007, 03:43 PM
Wow, this just pissed me off bigtime. Did you watch the video you ignorant fuck.

Yes I did you stoopied Fucking "bloc"khead.

"Prehistoric man" did not tie dolphins to the back of their VEHICLES and drag them along the road, neither did they use sound rods to interfere with their sonar.

they might have had they owned cars.

I'm a meat eater... but at least I know where the meat I eat comes from and how they kill the animals. Those methods are just horrific, nothing should die like that.

Bullshit, it is impossible to know where Ur meat comes from.

Tons of things die like that all of the time. The american indians chased animals off cliffs to eat them. :fiery:

"Sluggy"
Feb 5th, 2007, 03:44 PM

prehistoric people also killed each other left and right for no apparent reason and without concenquences. should this be normal in our days too? :rolleyes:

for no apparent reason? Usually it was competition for resources. Without consequences?????

I don't see why you should expect mankind to be somehow "beyond that" for some reason. :rolleyes:

Wannabeknowitall
Feb 5th, 2007, 03:49 PM
Hmm. Actually no - Japanese whaling industry exists today only as a national subsidy effort. It is not commercially profitable and whaling continues only as a result of rather bizarre regional politics and some sort of national defiance, rather than for any rational reason.

Yet whale burgers somehow, someway find themselves in some areas of Japan.

Gerri
Feb 5th, 2007, 04:07 PM
for no apparent reason? Usually it was competition for resources. Without consequences?????

I don't see why you should expect mankind to be somehow "beyond that" for some reason. :rolleyes:

Maybe because we're not dragging our knuckles on the ground any more? There is no reason for us to live like cavemen.

!<blocparty>!
Feb 5th, 2007, 04:07 PM
they might have had they owned cars.

You really shouldn't be calling anyone 'stoopied'.

Bullshit, it is impossible to know where Ur meat comes from.

Not when your friends own the farm you buy it from, know exactly how they're looked after, what they are fed and how they die.

Tons of things die like that all of the time. The american indians chased animals off cliffs to eat them. :fiery:

What does the "prehistoric man" have to do with dolphins being tortured to death in the 21st century. Back then they had to kill animals to survive. They weren't mass-murdering dolphins to sell tons of their meat to Japanese restaurants and supermarkets for profit. Do you see the difference. :weirdo:

"Sluggy"
Feb 5th, 2007, 04:42 PM
You really shouldn't be calling anyone 'stoopied'.

U called me an ignorant fuck (as U have B4 without provocation), so back off, you British Prick.

Not when your friends own the farm you buy it from, know exactly how they're looked after, what they are fed and how they die.

U probably ate meat B4 knowing your farmer friend, and will probably eat meat from other sources in the future. Nobody can control ALL the food they eat.

What does the "prehistoric man" have to do with dolphins being tortured to death in the 21st century. Back then they had to kill animals to survive. They weren't mass-murdering dolphins to sell tons of their meat to Japanese restaurants and supermarkets for profit. Do you see the difference. :weirdo:

My point is that nobody is "torturing" the dolphins, they just kill them. I saw the video... they get the dolphins into a small area and slaughter them, but they don't torture for the PURPOSE of inflicting pain. They kill the dolphins to make money so they can live. Prehistoric man, killed animals so they could eat them to live. There really isn't a great difference.

"Sluggy"
Feb 5th, 2007, 04:44 PM
Maybe because we're not dragging our knuckles on the ground any more? There is no reason for us to live like cavemen.

Tell me then, how R U to capture that many dolphins and kill them humanely? Like where do you put them until you can kill them? Then how do you kill them nicely? How do you kill an animal with a knife in a gentle manner? Nobody was torturing the animals, they just slit their throats humanely.

Josh B.
Feb 5th, 2007, 05:03 PM
so back off, you British Prick.

Now thats not aimed at me, but i find it offensive, just calm it dude no need for that

Josh B.
Feb 5th, 2007, 05:06 PM
i only watched the first minute, i couldnt watch anymore!, i know what id like to do with that guys machete, and it involves his head, and then his arse

Gerri
Feb 5th, 2007, 05:18 PM
Tell me then, how R U to capture that many dolphins and kill them humanely? Like where do you put them until you can kill them? Then how do you kill them nicely? How do you kill an animal with a knife in a gentle manner? Nobody was torturing the animals, they just slit their throats humanely.

You can't slit a dolphin's throat 'humanely'. There is no humane method of slaughtering cetaceans of any kind. They bleed to death and when they are removed from the water their backbones split. It's a slow and agonising death and morally indefensible.

kabuki
Feb 5th, 2007, 05:19 PM
I can't watch it, but I'd like to point out to some of gibbering masses ITT that this is not representative of an entire culture. I understand that it is horrible, but understand that this video is also achieving it's goal, which is sensationalism. Almost all Japanese people would be just as horrified as the rest of us.

ImaVeggie
Feb 5th, 2007, 05:24 PM
"Meet Your Meat" Video.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ple_syJmAoA

!<blocparty>!
Feb 5th, 2007, 05:45 PM
U probably ate meat B4 knowing your farmer friend, and will probably eat meat from other sources in the future. Nobody can control ALL the food they eat.

Stop making false assumptions. You have no idea how long my family have been buying meat from that farm, where we eat out, or where we buy our food. My point was that I don't have to feel guilty watching videos like that one, or documentaries on TV going undercover inside giganic poultry farms where the animals never even see daylight before they're sold for 1p each to KFC. I would never knowlngly eat anything that had been mistreated.

My point is that nobody is "torturing" the dolphins, they just kill them. I saw the video... they get the dolphins into a small area and slaughter them, but they don't torture for the PURPOSE of inflicting pain. They kill the dolphins to make money so they can live. Prehistoric man, killed animals so they could eat them to live. There really isn't a great difference.

Wow... just, wait - no, I won't waste anymore of my time. You can't reason with this kind of stupidity. :lol:

!<blocparty>!
Feb 5th, 2007, 06:01 PM
I can't watch it, but I'd like to point out to some of gibbering masses ITT that this is not representative of an entire culture. I understand that it is horrible, but understand that this video is also achieving it's goal, which is sensationalism. Almost all Japanese people would be just as horrified as the rest of us.

Who's saying it is?

ampers&
Feb 5th, 2007, 06:12 PM
Who's saying it is?
uhm:

Eating dolphins, how low can you go : Stupid Japaners ! You have at some other Asian countries where you eat dogs for example :help: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

Japanesedoesn't care about whales and dolphins, and that's wierd!
The Japanese are really shocking.. i know they like to eat these things, and its even part of their culture, but this is unacceptable on so many levels.
all sweeping generalizations.
particularly Martian Jeza and Brettles posts.

anyway, the vid was disgusting.
like others said, they can eat whatever the hell they want...the manner in which these dolphins are killed is inhumane and revolting. but it's just as bad here in America and in many other countries around the world.

!<blocparty>!
Feb 5th, 2007, 06:30 PM
uhm:

all sweeping generalizations.
particularly Martian Jeza and Brettles posts.

They didn't say or imply that it was representative of the entire Japanese fishing culture.

Dementieva_Dude
Feb 5th, 2007, 07:29 PM
They didn't say or imply that it was representative of the entire Japanese fishing culture.

You're right...their generalizations don't stop with the fishing culture, and instead extend to the Japanese people as a whole (even if this wasn't the intent of the posters, that's how it reads).

"Sluggy"
Feb 5th, 2007, 07:56 PM
You can't slit a dolphin's throat 'humanely'. There is no humane method of slaughtering cetaceans of any kind. They bleed to death and when they are removed from the water their backbones split. It's a slow and agonising death and morally indefensible.

That's right, there probably is no humane way to slaughter whales and purpoises. So your conclusion is not to eat them because there is really no humane way to kill them?

"Sluggy"
Feb 5th, 2007, 07:58 PM
Stop making false assumptions. You have no idea how long my family have been buying meat from that farm, where we eat out, or where we buy our food. My point was that I don't have to feel guilty watching videos like that one, or documentaries on TV going undercover inside giganic poultry farms where the animals never even see daylight before they're sold for 1p each to KFC. I would never knowlngly eat anything that had been mistreated.

No that is true, I have no idea.

And No, you don't have to feel guilty about it, and neither do I. I know that most of meat I eat comes from places who don't focus on the treatment of the animals they slaughter, but I don't feel guilty about it any more either. There are other things to focus on.

kabuki
Feb 5th, 2007, 08:13 PM
Who's saying it is?

Miching and DementievaDude clarified my point well. And for the record, by no means were you lumped in with the gibbering masses. :D

Timariot
Feb 5th, 2007, 09:58 PM
Yet whale burgers somehow, someway find themselves in some areas of Japan.

True - but it would be cheaper for Japanese if they just bought beef from other countries...

Timariot
Feb 5th, 2007, 10:11 PM

Well...not to excuse brutality, but it's not like dolphins enjoy a moral high ground...they're known from playing with their prey and killing other marine mammals (porpoises and seals) for seemingly no reason. Gangs of bottlenose dolphins often beat up or rape individual females, sometimes from smaller species.

"Seals would club our babies if they could"

LDF
Feb 5th, 2007, 10:23 PM
What a sad video - those poor dolphins :sad: :sad:

Andy.
Feb 5th, 2007, 10:27 PM
Thats has made me sooo sick the Japanese are the worst nation when it comes to anmial rights they are horrible. I would rather see all those dolphin killer die

Gerri
Feb 5th, 2007, 10:42 PM
That's right, there probably is no humane way to slaughter whales and purpoises. So your conclusion is not to eat them because there is really no humane way to kill them?

Yes.

Well...not to excuse brutality, but it's not like dolphins enjoy a moral high ground...they're known from playing with their prey and killing other marine mammals (porpoises and seals) for seemingly no reason. Gangs of bottlenose dolphins often beat up or rape individual females, sometimes from smaller species.

"Seals would club our babies if they could"

They do indeed. Then again dolphins are wild animals that need to hunt to survive and playing with prey is often used as a method of teaching hunting skills to the young, and honing the skills of the adults. It's not necessarily cruelty for the sake of it.

Dolphins can be big bullies to each other too. Horny individuals of both sexes often try to force themselves on others, male or female, young or old, even humans. Older members of the group often whack them for their bad behaviour and protect the victims so you could argue that there is a dolphin moral code.

Anyway, none of that excuses human brutality towards them. I thought we were supposed to be the civilised species.

Veritas
Feb 6th, 2007, 11:19 AM

Thank goodness there's at least one decent comment to counter the stupidity of the thread starter and some of the comments here :yeah:

Veritas
Feb 6th, 2007, 11:21 AM
BTW.. this is in JAPAN.

You don't say!!! :eek: :rolleyes:

Well, at least we now know Muslims aren't the only non-Westerns you like to bash :rolleyes:

This is revolting.

The Japanese are really shocking and 100 years behind in these fishing methods.... i know they like to eat these things, and its even part of their culture, but this is unacceptable on so many levels.

awfull.

Oh REALLY?! :eek:

Care to give some stats to back all that up?

Jevel
Feb 6th, 2007, 12:12 PM
It's a shame, but there are countless animals throughout the world that are abused from neglect to intentionally torture. I do hope to those of you who are revolted by this, realize you can do something about it. Raising awareness that animal cruelty does exist and it does in every community and every city around the world, it's not just a few Japanese fishermen. Flyers are a great way to reach a message, along with raising funds for animal abuse shelters, writing to state representatives and senators for stricter laws to put in place against animal cruelty.

just my thoughts. :)

Goai
Feb 7th, 2007, 12:37 AM
It's terrible that dolphins get killed, but remember people... not ALL Japanese! Don't just mindlessly attack Japanese people or Japan. I mean, people in a country aren't defined by what members of their country does right?