PDA

View Full Version : Online betting

controlfreak
Feb 5th, 2007, 12:20 AM
I was recently lucky enough to win a £100 betting coupon with BlueSq.com. I'm not sure what to bet on but I know I like my odds better than evens and I would rather stick to football or tennis, which I know the most about.

The only problem is, I don't want to bet on any of the cup ties or international friendlies they have on this week, and none of the tennis matches are very attractive. At a stretch I might be tempted by Safarova to beat Bovina 2-0 at 2/5 or Chaky to cruise past Poutchkova at 4/7. But to be honest I'd prefer to bet on Clijsters vs the 500th ranked player in the world at the same odds.

Aside from that there's not much on offer, although I'm looking at the cricket and thinking maybe South Africa to beat Pakistan at 4/9 (they won the previous test easily and are at home). Six Nations rugby is another option, but the only bet I fancy is Italy being hot favourites to finish bottom at 2/5. And then I have to wait weeks to get my money.

Have any of you done online betting before and what kinds of sports and bets have you had success with?

!<blocparty>!
Feb 5th, 2007, 12:35 AM
Rarely do people make serious money betting on sports.

I make a living playing online poker, which is much better.

controlfreak
Feb 5th, 2007, 01:06 AM
okay but the bet is free - I won it - and non-transferable.

suffer well
Feb 5th, 2007, 08:25 PM
okay but the bet is free - I won it - and non-transferable.

Is the stake refundable? What I mean is, if you place the bet and win you do not get the £100 in your winnings. Just the amount it won you

I bet all the time. Iíll give you a tip if you like?

Bet £50 each/way on Le Duc for the 2007 Aintree Grand National. Youíll get him at a great price

I have landed quite a few decent bets myself. Especailly at tennis

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Feb 5th, 2007, 08:39 PM
I bet mostly on tennis and soccer at unibet.com.
It's not going that good at the moment.

suffer well
Feb 5th, 2007, 08:49 PM
I bet mostly on tennis and soccer at unibet.com.
It's not going that good at the moment.

Just a guess...you bet a lot on Ana Ivanovic?

controlfreak
Feb 5th, 2007, 11:16 PM
I bet £50 on Italy for the wooden spoon in Six Nations at 2/5 and £27 on South Africa to beat Pakistan at 4/9. Pretty canny if you ask me. :)

Excitement!

(ps: I only become a gambling addict when it's my own money I start putting in :angel: )