PDA

View Full Version : Not Watching the Super Bowl? What will you do instead?

drake3781
Feb 4th, 2007, 08:17 PM
I don't hate pro football, but hate the hype and time wasted on it. The sportscasters have a way of making you feel that these games and teams really are important, and if you ignore it you are really missing something. :rolleyes: :tape: :p

I won't be watching. If you aren't, tell us what you will do instead with all that valuable time!

For me, end of my Sunday evening tennis class (ends at 7) and then driving home.

Then I guess just the usual Sunday evening stuff... talk on the phone, watch TV, get dinner, get organized, try to get to bed early (but never do), etc.

Maybe I'll check out halftime... isn't Prince performing? .

MrSerenaWilliams
Feb 4th, 2007, 08:19 PM
I have homework :sad:, which sucks because the Colts are my team :sad:

LeRoy.
Feb 4th, 2007, 08:20 PM
cooking and then watching a movie "Pans Labryinth" and then watch desperate housewives if there is a new episode on tonight

Vincey!
Feb 4th, 2007, 08:23 PM
I'm setting my insects and I'm numberring them

drake3781
Feb 4th, 2007, 08:26 PM
cooking and then watching a movie "Pans Labryinth" and then watch desperate housewives if there is a new episode on tonight

What are you cooking? I have mahi mahi. :lick:

No, Desperate Housewives is not on. They are showing a movie instead, "Old School". It has a good cast (Will Ferrell, Vince Vaughn, Luke Wilson, Juliette Lewis) but its good reviews on RT are only 59%. :tape:

I've been watching that Grease reality show. :lol: :help: NBC is showing it back to back tonight during the Super Bowl.

drake3781
Feb 4th, 2007, 08:27 PM
I'm setting my insects and I'm numberring them

Oh really? :eek: :confused: :lol:

Vincey!
Feb 4th, 2007, 08:43 PM
Oh really? :eek: :confused: :lol:

yeah ;)..that's for one of my course in college

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 4th, 2007, 08:46 PM
I'll watch the What not to wear marathon on TLC :D

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 4th, 2007, 08:48 PM
I'll watch the What not to wear marathon on TLC :D

:lol: :kiss:

vogus
Feb 4th, 2007, 08:52 PM
i like football, but the Super Bowl takes too long.

Super Sunday is a great day to drive around doing errands because there is much less traffic on the roads than usual in the afternoon/evening.

Dementieva_Dude
Feb 4th, 2007, 08:57 PM
I'm going to a potluck dinner with a bunch of friends, and then we're watching the What Not To Wear Marathon too :D (good god I'm gay ahahaha :tape:)

~Cherry*Blossom~
Feb 4th, 2007, 09:02 PM
I'll be sleeping :)

KoOlMaNsEaN
Feb 4th, 2007, 11:20 PM
Watching curling on curltv.com

LudwigDvorak
Feb 4th, 2007, 11:28 PM
I'll read for AP Euro, cheat on my Hamlet homework, listen to music, maybe watch some ATP stuff on the Tennis Channel, etc.

drake3781
Feb 5th, 2007, 01:46 AM
i like football, but the Super Bowl takes too long.

Super Sunday is a great day to drive around doing errands because there is much less traffic on the roads than usual in the afternoon/evening.

Yes, now it's at night so it doesn't matter as much, but remember when it used to be during the day? I used to say it was my favorite time to go out and do anything because it seems like a nuclear bomb had hit..... nobody around. :eek: Felt good to have everything to myself if I wanted it.

UDACHi
Feb 5th, 2007, 02:05 AM
had to miss a superbowl party for work. :fiery:

ys
Feb 5th, 2007, 02:47 AM
I never watch this makaka-show.. There is always something better to do with my time..

LeRoy.
Feb 5th, 2007, 02:50 AM
What are you cooking? I have mahi mahi. :lick:

No, Desperate Housewives is not on. They are showing a movie instead, "Old School". It has a good cast (Will Ferrell, Vince Vaughn, Luke Wilson, Juliette Lewis) but its good reviews on RT are only 59%. :tape:

I've been watching that Grease reality show. :lol: :help: NBC is showing it back to back tonight during the Super Bowl.

A seven vegetable casserole :lick:

The movie "Pans Labryinth" was very good. I like d it a lot :yeah:

Sucks about no new episode of Desperate Housewives though.

drake3781
Feb 5th, 2007, 03:06 AM
A seven vegetable casserole :lick:

The movie "Pans Labryinth" was very good. I like d it a lot :yeah:

Sucks about no new episode of Desperate Housewives though.

Oooh can I have your recipe?

drake3781
Feb 5th, 2007, 03:08 AM
I never watch this makaka-show.. There is always something better to do with my time..

I'm not sure what you mean by that, but did you know that one little word cost the Republicans control of the Senate in the US right now? Maybe you mean something else? :tape:

ys
Feb 5th, 2007, 03:14 AM
I'm not sure what you mean by that, but did you know that one little word cost the Republicans control of the Senate in the US right now?

I can only regret that they didn't say similar word before elections 2 years ago ..

mykarma
Feb 5th, 2007, 03:38 AM
I don't hate pro football, but hate the hype and time wasted on it. The sportscasters have a way of making you feel that these games and teams really are important, and if you ignore it you are really missing something. :rolleyes: :tape: :p

I won't be watching. If you aren't, tell us what you will do instead with all that valuable time!

For me, end of my Sunday evening tennis class (ends at 7) and then driving home.

Then I guess just the usual Sunday evening stuff... talk on the phone, watch TV, get dinner, get organized, try to get to bed early (but never do), etc.

Maybe I'll check out halftime... isn't Prince performing? .
Studying for a damn exam. :fiery:

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 5th, 2007, 04:04 AM
I'm going to a potluck dinner with a bunch of friends, and then we're watching the What Not To Wear Marathon too :D (good god I'm gay ahahaha :tape:)

I hear ya sista!

drake3781
Feb 5th, 2007, 04:06 AM
Studying for a damn exam. :fiery:

Good luck on it. :wavey: