PDA

View Full Version : Joss Stone is back - check out her new single in here.

!<blocparty>!
Feb 4th, 2007, 02:35 PM
I uploaded the first single off her new album 'Introducing Joss Stone' that's coming out mid-March. Let me know what you think:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/4390a6

Stone's third studio album, Introducing Joss Stone, is currently scheduled for release on 20 March 2007 via Virgin Records, involving production by Raphael Saadiq, and collaborations with Lauryn Hill, Novel, and Common. Confirmed songs are "Head Turner", "Tell Me What We're Gonna Do Now" (featuring Common), "Music" (featuring Lauryn Hill), "Tell Me 'Bout It" (the first single), "Girls, You Won't Believe It", "Baby Baby Baby", and "I Wish". Virgin describes it as "an electrifying mix of warm vintage soul, '70s-style R&B, Motown girl-group harmonies, and hip-hop grooves". Stone herself describes it as "truly me. That's why I'm calling it Introducing Joss Stone. These are my words, and this is who I am as an artist".

Some pretty interesting collabs. I didn't really like her first two albums so hopefully this one will be good! :o

tennismaster8820
Feb 4th, 2007, 06:00 PM
I'll definatly buy this album, I love her voice!
I'm glad she's staying true to herself! :yeah:

G1Player2
Feb 4th, 2007, 06:17 PM
I uploaded the first single off her new album 'Introducing Joss Stone' that's coming out mid-March. Let me know what you think:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/4390a6

Stone's third studio album, Introducing Joss Stone, is currently scheduled for release on 20 March 2007 via Virgin Records, involving production by Raphael Saadiq, and collaborations with Lauryn Hill, Novel, and Common. Confirmed songs are "Head Turner", "Tell Me What We're Gonna Do Now" (featuring Common), "Music" (featuring Lauryn Hill), "Tell Me 'Bout It" (the first single), "Girls, You Won't Believe It", "Baby Baby Baby", and "I Wish". Virgin describes it as "an electrifying mix of warm vintage soul, '70s-style R&B, Motown girl-group harmonies, and hip-hop grooves". Stone herself describes it as "truly me. That's why I'm calling it Introducing Joss Stone. These are my words, and this is who I am as an artist".

Some pretty interesting collabs. I didn't really like her first two albums so hopefully this one will be good! :o

She released 2 albums already? I thought it was just one. That Mind, Body and Soul album I believe it was? The second album must have been a live album or something, no?

James
Feb 4th, 2007, 06:22 PM
She released 2 albums already? I thought it was just one. That Mind, Body and Soul album I believe it was? The second album must have been a live album or something, no?

No, her first album was called The Soul Sessions. Besides, the article said third studio album.

SilK
Feb 4th, 2007, 06:24 PM
the song with Common has already leaked as well...

I don't like the new hair.

ampers&
Feb 4th, 2007, 06:25 PM
that song is kinda hot. love the 70s funk production.
i love Raphael Saadiq and i'm looking foward to the Common and Lauryn collabo's.

i miss Lauryn. :awww: she needs a new album ASAP.
well a good album.
that MTV Unplugged shit was a downgrade from Miseducation.

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 4th, 2007, 06:34 PM
Joss Stone :hearts:

Wannabeknowitall
Feb 4th, 2007, 06:59 PM
No, her first album was called The Soul Sessions. Besides, the article said third studio album.

The first album was really good.
Actually I can't remember a bad song that Joss Stone has sung, well there was that duet that she did with Patti Labelle for the Chicken Little Soundtrack.
:tape:

I listened to a couple of songs from the new album and only really liked one.
I do think its time that mainstream R&B and hip-hop give this girl a chance like they have with Robin Thicke.

:inlove:
Feb 4th, 2007, 08:06 PM
i miss Lauryn. :awww: she needs a new album ASAP.
well a good album.
that MTV Unplugged shit was a downgrade from Miseducation.

I know! :hearts: :hearts: Miseducation is one of my favorite albums of all time. :worship:

That song is :dance:

BigB08822
Feb 4th, 2007, 08:13 PM
I love me some Joss Stone. I saw her in concert after she got a name with Soul Sessions and she was AMAZING!

ZListCelebrity
Feb 5th, 2007, 01:38 AM
What is people's fascination about white girls imitating black voice... Joss Stone can't even sing proper english...

ovaaaaaaa! heaaaaaa!

ImaVeggie
Feb 5th, 2007, 02:15 AM
Thanks a lot for this. I love Joss. I'm definitely looking forward to her new CD.

P_Fer
Feb 5th, 2007, 02:21 AM
I have such a big crush on Joss Stone!

BigB08822
Feb 5th, 2007, 03:02 AM
What is people's fascination about white girls imitating black voice... Joss Stone can't even sing proper english...

ovaaaaaaa! heaaaaaa!

Nothing makes me so mad as when people say this about Joss! She is just singing the way she sings and the songs she likes! What is so wrong about that? Can't these people for once just quit thinking about COLOR and think about talent. Give her credit, she is amazing. If you don't happen to like her voice then that is fine, but say so and not because she is white.

BigB08822
Feb 5th, 2007, 03:02 AM
Oh, and if anyone could post anymore linkes, like the one with Common, I would appreciate it. Thank you.

ZListCelebrity
Feb 5th, 2007, 03:17 AM
Nothing makes me so mad as when people say this about Joss! She is just singing the way she sings and the songs she likes! What is so wrong about that? Can't these people for once just quit thinking about COLOR and think about talent. Give her credit, she is amazing. If you don't happen to like her voice then that is fine, but say so and not because she is white.

It's not the way how she sings. It's the way how is told to sing because it sells.

BigB08822
Feb 5th, 2007, 03:43 AM
It's not the way how she sings. It's the way how is told to sing because it sells.

And you know this, because? You were there when they sat down and came up with this plan to sell more albums? :rolleyes:

Wannabeknowitall
Feb 5th, 2007, 03:45 AM

Uh huh.
Joss Stone is an UK artist.
The white females that have sold well in the UK in the last few decades have had just a pinch (extremely small) of soul to their music like Kylie Minogue and Madonna.
The white females that have had a suprising amount of soul to their voice in the last couple of decades like Lisa Stansfield and Joss Stone have one number one single between them.

So honestly I have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

ZListCelebrity
Feb 5th, 2007, 05:36 AM
Uh huh.
Joss Stone is an UK artist.
The white females that have sold well in the UK in the last few decades have had just a pinch (extremely small) of soul to their music like Kylie Minogue and Madonna.
The white females that have had a suprising amount of soul to their voice in the last couple of decades like Lisa Stansfield and Joss Stone have one number one single between them.

So honestly I have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

http://uk.launch.yahoo.com/050321/33/1xjuo.html

Read this review if you want but be careful, it may be too advanced for you... It's not like displaying briefs in avatars.

Paneru
Feb 5th, 2007, 05:48 AM
Mad love for Joss! :hearts:

Feelin' this. :cool:

No Name Face
Feb 5th, 2007, 05:57 AM
i mean, i don't care about joss stone but i echo monique's statement. lauryn, put out another album. please.

Wannabeknowitall
Feb 5th, 2007, 06:35 AM
http://uk.launch.yahoo.com/050321/33/1xjuo.html

Read this review if you want but be careful, it may be too advanced for you... It's not like displaying briefs in avatars.

It's not advanced.
It's actually quite insulting but considering you've come across as an asshole from what I can see of your posts this weekend, it's not too suprising.

You have absolutely no facts.
You sent me a link of someone who thinks he knows more about soul than the UK and USA.
Then he has the nerve to make fun of her pronunciation.
I guess she's trying so hard to be black that that's part of the deal.
You know Corrine Bailey Rae also does not pronunce everything correctly.
She must be trying hard to be soulful as well. :rolleyes:

The stuff about Heather Small is just absolutely uncalled for.
There's no set sound for a vocalist to have.
I have never had a problem hearing what she says in a song.

mandy7
Feb 5th, 2007, 06:37 AM
Oooooh, can't wait :D

ZListCelebrity
Feb 5th, 2007, 06:40 AM
You can continue listening but we all know that the attraction comes from:

"Oooh, she sounds like a black singer. How amazing."

mandy7
Feb 5th, 2007, 06:43 AM

you talking to me?

Paneru
Feb 5th, 2007, 09:28 AM

Oooh, maybe not everyone is caught up in your
racial hang-up's in order to discredit someone
they dislike on the basis of their own bias.

Joss' voice is what it is as is her talent.
If you do not fancy it, get over it and
move on.

!<blocparty>!
Feb 5th, 2007, 12:09 PM

Your responses to Wannabe have been hilarious ITT, especially since you were accusing another poster of childish kindergarten arguments only the other day. :rolls:

Oh, and if anyone could post anymore linkes, like the one with Common, I would appreciate it. Thank you.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ecyoqr

The track with Common.

tennismaster8820
Feb 5th, 2007, 02:13 PM

She sounds like Joss Stone and not like "some" black singer!
I guess if she was black you wouldn't have any problem with her!:rolleyes:
I love her song Sleep Like A Child!:hearts:
She has a great voice and sings with passion and that's all that mathers!

:inlove:
Feb 5th, 2007, 06:33 PM
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ecyoqr

The track with Common.

Wow! :inlove: Great, relaxing song. Thought it would be a bit cringeworthy. :tape: