Feb 4th, 2007, 06:20 PM
Davai & Udachi Dina !

Dexter
Feb 4th, 2007, 06:40 PM
Dawaj Dinara!!! :bounce:

iPatty
Feb 4th, 2007, 10:02 PM
good draw.
krajicek hasn't done anything recently and pin is pin. i expect at least a quarterfinal, maybe a semi if nadia isn't playing too well.

Foot's Fingers
Feb 5th, 2007, 09:41 AM
Good Luck today Dinara !!!

Escape
Feb 5th, 2007, 02:50 PM
Good luck Dinara :)

Dexter
Feb 5th, 2007, 05:30 PM
Dinara won 1st match 64 75. Keep going! :hearts:

goldenlox
Feb 5th, 2007, 08:59 PM
Both of them have brothers who won a slam

Safina battles through

<LI class=byline>By Barnaby Chesterman in Paris
February 06, 2007
DINARA Safina struggled to find her rhythm early but eventually battled through to the second round of the WTA Paris Open today, beating Michaella Krajicek 6-4 7-5.

In a clash between two sisters of considerably more famous tennis-playing brothers, a solitary break of serve in each set sufficed to send the No.7 seed from Russia through at the expense of the Dutchwoman.
Safina, who was champion in Paris in 2005, made the most of a loose ninth game from Krajicek before serving out for the set at the first opportunity.
The second set followed a similar pattern but this time it was a poor 11th game from Krajicek that handed her opponent another break and Safina served out the match despite dropping to 15-30 in the final game.
The Russian has been in fine form this year, claiming the Gold Coast title last month by beating Martina Hingis in the final.
"This was a tough first round, she's a good player and I lost to her the last time," Safina said.
"I tried to stay focused and just play my game."
Safina won a thrilling three-set battle against world No.3 and home favourite Amelie Mauresmo in 2005 before the Frenchwoman claimed the title for the second time last year.
"This tournament has always been good for me. The first time I came here I reached the semi-finals," added Safina.
"The people working here are very nice so it feels like a little family and it's really nice to always come back here."
The Russian was the biggest name playing on the opening day and did not let the centre stage get to her, upping her game at the vital moments in both sets.
Belgian world No.2 Justine Henin-Hardenne is the top seed and both she and Mauresmo, who have first round byes, are due to launch their campaigns either tomorrow or Thursday.
Henin is playing in her first tournament since pulling out of last month's Australian Open because of her split from husband Pierre-Yves Hardenne.
Eight of the world's top 13 players are competing in Paris, including a strong Russian presence comprising five of the top eight seeds.

Foot's Fingers
Feb 6th, 2007, 07:26 AM
Congrats!!!!

Dinara likes to play here

Hope she is in good form now

Foot's Fingers
Feb 6th, 2007, 07:27 AM
Good Luck in doubles today

Dexter
Feb 7th, 2007, 06:01 PM
Dinara won 26 62 76(5). :silly:

Camille served for the match @ 5-6* :tape:
Argh, too close to comfort. Nadia will crush her! :(

goldenlox
Feb 7th, 2007, 06:06 PM
Dinara hasn't played well since Gold Coast. She has to step it up against Nadia.

Meeek
Feb 7th, 2007, 07:08 PM
Nadia hasnt played brilliant herself lately either... :shrug:

Good that she pulled out the win today though and didn't give up. :yeah:

Foot's Fingers
Feb 8th, 2007, 08:19 AM
at least she wophewww

Too close

Pin becomes a real danger for high ranking Russians

But good that Safina was not fell apart but managed to win

2-3 years ago she would become mad and lost - from this point she improves a lot

Foot's Fingers
Feb 8th, 2007, 08:29 AM
Dinara Safina (Who defeated Camille Pin 2-6, 6-2 7-6): « I was expecting a tough match as I knew she had amost defeated Sharapova in Australia, and oh, was I right! At the end of the third set, I decided to give all I had and to play more aggressively, even if I was taking the risk of losing, because that's the only way to win, I had no choice. After the first set, I tried to pretend it hadn't happen, it had just been a warm-up, because it had gone so fast... Physically speaking, it was very hard, and I actually had a cramp in my hand in the last few games but I tried not to show it. It was very frustrating not to be able to implement my game plans at times, but eventually, I managed to do what I had to do.»

Foot's Fingers
Feb 8th, 2007, 08:33 AM
Pin misses her chanceAfter hindering Dinara Safina, Camille Pin gave in to the Russian who won the match 2-6, 6-2, 7-6. (Photo : Panoramic)

Wednesday night, Camille Pin probably had a few regrets. The player hailing from Nice came very close to achieving an excellent performance but gave in to Dinara Safina in the last moments. The player ranked number 75 hindered the Russian, number 12 in the world, but never quite managed to come to terms with Marat Safin’s sister. The big crowd supported the French but ended up feeling frustrated… « I am disappointed because I played excellent tennis, I did a huge third set yet I was unable to win, » regretted Pin. « I have the same impression than against Sharapova; the big players, those who are in the top 10 have exceptional skills that enable them to come back at key moments and win. Today I won as many points as her, it’s quite encouraging. »

For her first participation in the main draw of the Open Gaz de France, Pin started her match ideally by winning the first set in 28 minutes. Sharp and fit since the beginning of the season, she reproduced the same previous tactic by sending back to the Russian impeccable shots, lodged in all possible corners of the court. Pin was almost perfect. Thanks to her manoeuvres she managed to exasperate her opponent who became stressed, missed easy shots and complained to the umpire about every litigious decision. After a first break at 2-2 and a second one at 4-2, Camille Pin confirmed and finished 6-2.

The outcome of the game was probably decided at the beginning of the second set, at 1-1, when Safina was led 0-40 on her serve. Unfortunately for the French, the winner of the 2005 edition chose that exact moment to upgrade her level and scream louder. Increasing her power and precision, the Russian started controlling the rallies, lining up breaks and sending hurtling shots along the line. She came back to one set all 6-2, after exactly one hour.

The third set was pleasant and marked by suspense right until the end. Everyone thought it was over for Camille Pin after her punishment in the second set, but she reached a new level and came back to hinder Safina. Back in the game, she took the lead by breaking 2-1 then 4-3 and 6-5 after breaking Safina’s serve one more time. Serving to qualify for the next round, Pin lost her serve.

The match finished on a tie-break. Quickly in the lead (3-0), Safina maintained the gap until 6-3. Two shots out of the court on behalf of the Russian enabled the French to come back. But at 6-5, Camille Pin’s forehand shot hit the net before landing right next to the line. Fault, game, set and match for Safina. Too bad, however Pin proved that she has reached a new dimension which is extremely encouraging for the rest of her season.

iPatty
Feb 9th, 2007, 12:12 AM
i thout pin could trouble dinara, so i'm not too worried.
i think she's got a great shot against nadia.

Foot's Fingers
Feb 9th, 2007, 07:35 AM
Friday, February 9, 2007

Central (from 14.00hrs)
1. Safina vs. Petrova
2. Kuznetsova vs. Safarova
3. Henin vs. Golovin
4. Chakvetadze vs. Mauresmo (NB 19.15hrs)

and Dinara withdrew from doubles

Dexter
Feb 9th, 2007, 02:20 PM
36 26. :( :sad:

One more red point for Pietrowa in my book. Disgusting behaviour. :rolleyes:

goldenlox
Feb 9th, 2007, 05:46 PM
Dinara is off to Antwerp now