PDA

View Full Version : Who is coaching Hingis?

PLP
Feb 4th, 2007, 06:15 AM
Martina thanked her coach, not mom!?

She has a new coach!? :eek:

No.1Hingis
Feb 4th, 2007, 06:16 AM
I need to know this.. some news abt it..

Hawn
Feb 4th, 2007, 06:22 AM
Radek possibly? She seems to be getting more aggressive thank goodness.

PLP
Feb 4th, 2007, 06:35 AM
Radek possibly? She seems to be getting more aggressive thank goodness.

Yeah, she said this week she had to make some changes in her game, and she did. Martina is never going to have 50 winners in a match, but sometimes she gets to, 'playful' on court and doesn't take her chances. Anyway, I read she thanked her coach. Melanie isn't coaching her anymore, so I wonder what she meant??????

pooh14
Feb 4th, 2007, 06:38 AM
melanie is still hingis coach, she just wont be travelling with her anymore.
however back home, she trains with melanie.

but i was wondering why she did not thank her mom and said coach instead.

ctan88
Feb 4th, 2007, 06:39 AM
Maybe she's talking about her hitting partner, Radim?

PLP
Feb 4th, 2007, 06:40 AM
melanie is still hingis coach, she just wont be travelling with her anymore.
however back home, she trains with melanie.

but i was wondering why she did not thank her mom and said coach instead.

Are you sure? I thought Martina was w/o a coach since Zurich?

TonyP
Feb 4th, 2007, 06:45 AM
She doesn't really explain her coaching situation these days, only that she wants to make most of her decisions herself.

That Radem guy they showed sitting in the stands is her hitting partner, not her coach. I suspect Melanie is still doing some coaching but not obviously on a full time basis, as she is operating her academy back in Zurich.

I suspect Martina has no full time traveling coach and doesn't want one.

pooh14
Feb 4th, 2007, 06:46 AM
Are you sure? I thought Martina was w/o a coach since Zurich?

according to hingis (if i am not mistaken), she told she still trains with her mother back home, however she would be on her own during tournament.

i guess, she gets her mom's help and radek's help whenver possible, but no permanant coach....

Orion
Feb 4th, 2007, 06:50 AM
If she can stay as aggressive throughout the season as she did today, she can do some crazy damage. I think the Australian Open really showed her that she MUST step into the court if she wants to win against bigger hitters. It's something that's been true for a while, but she's recognizing it now, which is great.

Nicky2002
Feb 4th, 2007, 06:54 AM
her hitting partner is hot :devil:

now my hubby is gonna kill me :(

No.1Hingis
Feb 4th, 2007, 06:56 AM
I bet she has a coach.. maybe melanie is working with her in some point.. but her game has been taking place to beat girls and give battle.. with a kind of clearity.. and significant fast wins in cases.. her serve.. well is better.. I cant believe she dont have at least someone that is working with her into the serve thing .. and for sure is not her mom.. that is obvious if you check the last season and her improve after Zurich.. so..

No.1Hingis
Feb 4th, 2007, 06:59 AM

:lol:

100% with you.. He's hot... ;)

and now.. RUN!!! :lol:

Tennisation
Feb 4th, 2007, 07:27 AM

now my hubby is gonna kill me :(hingis betta not let her hitting partner near Stepanek:devil:

hectopascal
Feb 4th, 2007, 08:14 AM
hingis betta not let her hitting partner near Stepanek:devil:

Lol, so her 'hitting partner' wants to hit on Radek!

I<3Myskina
Feb 4th, 2007, 08:41 AM
Maybe old fishlips is coaching her now?

up!
Feb 4th, 2007, 08:41 AM

Teah, he's HOT:devil:

RG Moonballer
Feb 4th, 2007, 11:36 AM
Dunno but she seems very fit and strong. She looks a lot stronger compared to last year.

Congrats.

eck
Feb 4th, 2007, 11:38 AM

:lol:

She served an outright ace at AO when they were practising :o

pooh14
Feb 4th, 2007, 11:47 AM
hingis is much fitter then she was last year.

last year, she could perform well in one match and totally run out of gas in the next match. she could not perform 2 good matches.

this year i see a huge improvement in those department. besides last year beginning she could not keep up with the top players even for a set.

this could be seen againts amelie, maria and kim, when she totally lost out after beginning of first set.

however, now she is much closer. she almost beat kim and amelie and if not for some 'mental cramp' she would have won (in my opinion, i might be wrong, so don't come after me)

i know most of you'll say kim was making so many UE against hingis, but thats hingis style of play. she is not a aggresive player who goes for winners (she is improving in that too i hope), however, she tires out her opponent causing them to make UEs.

all her 3 loses came really close with her opponent winning less then 5-6 points more. she lost out more on the important points i should say.

if hingis improves her mental department, she can win big titles.

CORIA01
Feb 4th, 2007, 02:27 PM
if hingis improves her mental department, she can win big titles

I totally agree with you Pooh14

TonyP
Feb 4th, 2007, 03:08 PM
It should be noted she played five weeks in a row, beginning with Gold Coast and ending in Tokyo and won the final tournament without dropping a set, beating power players on back to back days.

Her fitnessis obviously improving.

UncleZeke
Feb 4th, 2007, 03:18 PM
Martina doesn't need her Mom to follow her around to every tourney, but believe she listens to her Mom first. Radek has probably offered some helpful insight from his ATP experiences.

austennis
Feb 5th, 2007, 04:17 AM
not only did she play 5 weeks in a row .. she also won a tier 1 title, finished runner up and reached QF of a grandslam .. not bad for few weeks work..

Farina Elia Fan
Feb 5th, 2007, 10:59 AM
i know most of you'll say kim was making so many UE against hingis, but thats hingis style of play. she is not a aggresive player who goes for winners (she is improving in that too i hope), however, she tires out her opponent causing them to make UEs.

I couldnt agree more :worship:

Players like Hingis, Smashnova, Martinez, Farina Elia all had games which drew errors from their opponants. People think its the other player, playing bad but its just their game!!!

Marcus Jordan
Feb 5th, 2007, 11:41 AM
I couldnt agree more :worship:

Players like Hingis, Smashnova, Martinez, Farina Elia all had games which drew errors from their opponants. People think its the other player, playing bad but its just their game!!!

Exactly!!!!! and sometimes the commentators don't even understand this concept. They keep saying how amazed they are at Kim's errors and I'm like "yeh...ever wonder why she makes more errors against Martina than anyone else?" Same thing happened in last years Oz Open, Kim even couldn't hit a ball in the court the entire 2nd set.