PDA

View Full Version : fucking limewire...

UDACHi
Feb 3rd, 2007, 09:43 PM
i have been unable to download music for like a week and i'm about ready to kill someone. :fiery:

i tried downloading limewire like 15 times when i got my ipod back in october, and it kept saying my java wasn't updated and wouldn't work. since then, i have been using emule, but emule's been dead for like a week for me. so yesterday i tried to do limewire again and it downloaded fast and i was able to use it properly. today, however, when i click on it, nothing happens. why won't it open!?

i need help desperately.

Hachiko
Feb 3rd, 2007, 09:59 PM
I have lots of troubles with it too.

Did you try re-installing Java or un-installing LimeWire completely and then re-installing it?

A_S
Feb 3rd, 2007, 10:08 PM
i have been unable to download music for like a week and i'm about ready to kill someone. :fiery:

i need help desperately.

what i think you need is a record shop ;)

~Eclipsed~
Feb 3rd, 2007, 10:11 PM
yeah limewire can be tricky. Not as bad for me though since i have ethernet up at school.

What connection do you have? Because when i'm at home on dial-up...it's not even worth downloading anything.

And like the other poster asked...did you update your java? Because that is important.

Marcus1979
Feb 3rd, 2007, 10:51 PM
ever tried bit torrents

they work better than Peer To Peer networks ;)

!<blocparty>!
Feb 3rd, 2007, 11:05 PM
ever tried bit torrents

they work better than Peer To Peer networks ;)

But torrents are only useful for really popular songs or large files (albums, movies etc.) not individual tracks.

I'm having the same problem. Argh, it sucks. I really want Joss Stone's new song.

Marcus1979
Feb 3rd, 2007, 11:10 PM
just do a search for the song

see what albums its appeared on

then look for that album on a torrent

its what I do ;)

Oneofakind0490
Feb 3rd, 2007, 11:29 PM
I have been having problems lately. I updated Java and it works sometimes and others it sucks and wont work.

Craigy
Feb 3rd, 2007, 11:41 PM
Works ok for me :shrug:

Apoleb
Feb 3rd, 2007, 11:51 PM
Limewire sucks ass. Try shareaza for rare stuff and frostwire if you want to donwload fast and quick for stuff that are not very rare.

Vincey!
Feb 3rd, 2007, 11:52 PM
Works well for me :shrug:

Beefy
Feb 3rd, 2007, 11:57 PM
It works OK for me, the only thing that pisses me off is how I have to wait ages sometimes to try get something rare, but that's just because the other person's not online or so

DutchieGirl
Feb 4th, 2007, 05:55 AM
I never had any problems with it. :shrug:

UDACHi
Feb 4th, 2007, 06:05 AM
i restarted my computer and then it let me on so i set it to the option where it pops up automatically every time i sign in. it's working better, but i'm scared to x out. might leave it up all night. :lol:

xr6turbo
Feb 4th, 2007, 06:06 AM
Bearshare?

louisa2k2
Feb 4th, 2007, 09:46 AM
I hate Limewire i got a virus from it so i removed it from my computer completely and it was hard to get rid of it was a virus cleaning program that got rid of limewire in the end.

iPatty
Feb 4th, 2007, 02:01 PM
limewire's amazing.

JoelEusebio
Feb 4th, 2007, 06:16 PM
Hey LOOK AT ME

If you don't want to get anything use limeware is so easy man but at the right hand you can only use it for change on the other hand you would be getting more Limeware 4.13 this is a Beta connection that it exists for many uses and it's free and probably you can use it anytime.

Don't worry about it because many things are better without this.

That's the point that I can tell you about. It's better if you play your music on Caza in my way.

Don't fuck it all over the net.