PDA

View Full Version : Guess who's ranked #1037 on the tour ?

MisterMan
Feb 3rd, 2007, 09:21 PM
:(
Elena Bovina

Hope she has a great showing in France.

Tenis Srbija
Feb 3rd, 2007, 09:58 PM
She has Protected Rankings :) So that "1037" doesn't matter for another few months ;)

Andy.
Feb 3rd, 2007, 10:03 PM
I thought you were going to say Dokic

<!Society!>
Feb 3rd, 2007, 10:04 PM

ditto

LUXXXAS
Feb 3rd, 2007, 10:08 PM
why the hell she's playing Paris instead of Pattaya? :help:

MisterMan
Feb 3rd, 2007, 10:10 PM
why the hell she's playing Paris instead of Pattaya? :help:

Crazy. The same reason Hantu always plays the higher Tier tournaments when a lower one is playing the same time.
Do these players think they're better than they are ?
Hantu especially needs to play DOWN to get to some semi's or finals or dare I say...actually WIN a Tier IV. At least to get confidence levels up.

Europe rocks
Feb 3rd, 2007, 10:26 PM
If Lena can get matches against the top players it will be good for her. She has been getting better with each match and given a good draw could actually win

disco_rage
Feb 3rd, 2007, 10:29 PM
I hope she can come back strong!

Craigy
Feb 3rd, 2007, 10:30 PM
If Lena can get matches against the top players it will be good for her. She has been getting better with each match and given a good draw could actually win

But its better to play lower tier tournament to acutally win matches and get some confidence rather than just losing to a top player in the 1st round :shrug:

auntie janie
Feb 3rd, 2007, 10:30 PM
Yikes! That's worse than I thought. Poor EB. :(

Shonami Slam
Feb 3rd, 2007, 10:46 PM
when you're as good as lena was - you'd prefer playing big players with a chance to get the A game back, and possibly winning than playing under-par against lesser rivals.
the moment the protected ranking is gone she'll enter whatever she still can and do her damage shortly there.
it's getting herself to TOP form, not growing into it slowly. besides - Clay starts soon enough, she'll do well.

~Eclipsed~
Feb 3rd, 2007, 10:47 PM
I thought you were gonna say Amy Dillingham, but i guess she gets her points from playing in tournaments at the least.:lol:

goldenlox
Feb 3rd, 2007, 10:48 PM
Bovina just played competitively against Li. I think she's starting to play okay.

auntie janie
Feb 3rd, 2007, 10:49 PM

How can you say such a thing! JD is way up there, at 621. :cool:

WhatTheDeuce
Feb 3rd, 2007, 10:51 PM
How can you say such a thing! JD is way up there, at 621. :cool:
Beats the shit out of Bovina! :rocker2: :haha:

Poor Lena. It should be a matter of time before her form comes back though. At least she has hope... unlike Jelena "I refuse to try at all" Dokic. :tape:

Monica_Rules
Feb 3rd, 2007, 10:53 PM
Elena:sad:

She was doing so well, hope she can make it back.

Ben.
Feb 3rd, 2007, 10:54 PM
Bovina just played competitively against Li. I think she's starting to play okay.

yeah she did give Li a bit of battle in their AO encounter so maybe it's time for Lena to make a breakthrough.

tobi
Feb 3rd, 2007, 11:18 PM
She will back :)

piercerocks
Feb 3rd, 2007, 11:22 PM
well i mean look at serena.. she still signs up for a few tier IVs.. elena should learn from the best : )

RJWCapriati
Feb 5th, 2007, 05:00 AM
Dang, I didn't know she was that far down, she can get back up there though, she reminds me a lot of Safina.

Uranus
Feb 5th, 2007, 07:03 AM
IMO she's not choosing the right way to come back. She's overpowered in every Tier I/II match she plays. She should go and play some bigger ITFs or what because it's not like that that she will get back to where she was. Plus it's expensive.

It's a bit like Rubin... and she's definitely not back :sad:

Just Do It
Feb 5th, 2007, 09:55 AM

:scared:

papru
Feb 5th, 2007, 10:33 AM

ditto

barbottin
Feb 5th, 2007, 03:43 PM
Elena withdrew, replaced by LL Radwanska in Main draw.