PDA

View Full Version : Brandy Petition

music29child
Feb 3rd, 2007, 08:57 PM
Some of you may know about the accident that Brandy was in recently

And this is an extenson of support and love for someone who is suffering.

So, if you could please sign to show that you care

It would be really appreciated :)

http://www.petitiononline.com/Zuzu/petition.html

ampers&
Feb 3rd, 2007, 09:04 PM
That letter is sweet, but is there a petition for the family of the victim as well? I'll sign both if you can provide a link. :)

music29child
Feb 3rd, 2007, 09:09 PM
That letter is sweet, but is there a petition for the family of the victim as well? I'll sign both if you can provide a link. :)

I'm not sure, this is the only one I have a link to

But I know there was a petition made to get Brandy put in jail :sad:

selyoink
Feb 3rd, 2007, 09:22 PM
Well she should go to jail if she is guilty.

harloo
Feb 3rd, 2007, 09:26 PM
Oh no not another online petition. I can't take it anymore, and you can bet your family jewels that a petition calling for Brandy to be arrested is someone on the internet.:lol:

Selah
Feb 3rd, 2007, 09:27 PM
I empathize with Brandy because I can only imagine what she is going through but I would not sign a petition just because she is a celebrity. She should be dealt with the same as any other average citizen. If there is proof and evidence that she was at fault, then she should be charged with vehicular manslaughter, sadly.

drake3781
Feb 3rd, 2007, 09:29 PM
:rolleyes: Just spend five minutes doing - I emphasize the "doing" - something positive for yourself or somebody else, and that will go soooo much farther than any energy put forth into this so-called petition.

harloo
Feb 3rd, 2007, 09:34 PM
I empathize with Brandy because I can only imagine what she is going through but I would not sign a petition just because she is a celebrity. She should be dealt with the same as any other average citizen. If there is proof and evidence that she was at fault, then she should be charged with vehicular manslaughter, sadly.

Their isn't any evidence of her under the influence or even using a cell phone. It was indeed a terrible accident but I don't believe this even warrants vehicular manslaughter. The intent wasn't malicious and she wasn't intoxicated so it was just a terrible traffic accident.

Of course the family is trying to milk her for all she's worth, but I don't believe the 50 million dollar lawsuit will hold up in court. Brandy will most likely settle.
;)

Selah
Feb 3rd, 2007, 09:39 PM
Their isn't any evidence of her under the influence or even using a cell phone. It was indeed a terrible accident but I don't believe this even warrants vehicular manslaughter. The intent wasn't malicious and she wasn't intoxicated so it was just a terrible traffic accident.

Of course the family is trying to milk her for all she's worth, but I don't believe the 50 million dollar lawsuit will hold up in court. Brandy will most likely settle.
;)

okay. I was not sure about what is considered vehicular manslaughter and realized this while I posted but my main point is that she should be treated like anyone else, which is not lenient or too harshly because she is a celebrity. Casse of accidents like this are truly horrible because i can imagine having to live with the fact that you were responsible for killing someone, accident or not. I am not even going to comment on that lawsuit.

CooCooCachoo
Feb 3rd, 2007, 09:48 PM
Aren't there laws that deal with this problem?

I have more faith in the law resulting in a fair trial for Brandy, than in an online petition signed by people that are incapable of judging this incident in its proper context. If she is guilty, she is guilty and we do not have to feel sorry for her; if she is not, then she deserves the love and respect. But we cannot judge if she is guilty or not, so why sign the petition?

music29child
Feb 3rd, 2007, 09:55 PM

;)

Yep

Originally the lady who was killed, her father, said that they werent gonna sue Brandy, all they wanted was an apology from her mouth.

But then the LA Traffic Center people suggested to them that they should try to get her convicted

And then they came out of no where with the $50 million lawsuit

But all in all, its just a bad situation and I feel that they are just trying to take advantage of her celebrity :sad:

CooCooCachoo
Feb 3rd, 2007, 09:58 PM
Yep

Originally the lady who was killed, her father, said that they werent gonna sue Brandy, all they wanted was an apology from her mouth.

But then the LA Traffic Center people suggested to them that they should try to get her convicted

And then they came out of no where with the $50 million lawsuit

But all in all, its just a bad situation and I feel that they are just trying to take advantage of her celebrity :sad:

If this really is the case, then I feel sorry for Brandy. But we cannot tell.

music29child
Feb 3rd, 2007, 10:21 PM
If this really is the case, then I feel sorry for Brandy. But we cannot tell.

Yep, thats the case http://209.85.12.232/4392/28/emo/ahhhhhhh.gif

Some Civil Rights Activists are getting involved as well

jbone_0307
Feb 3rd, 2007, 11:04 PM
The parents filed a $50 million dollar lawsuit against Brandy.

Monica_Rules
Feb 3rd, 2007, 11:09 PM
OMG $50million. Why?

Are they trying to use their daughters death to make money? If so thats pretty sick.

Wannabeknowitall
Feb 3rd, 2007, 11:20 PM
The parents filed a $50 million dollar lawsuit against Brandy.

Did the Goldman and Brown family get all the money they wanted from O.J. Simpson?
NO.

The parents in this case won't either but why start low when you can start high.

It takes these days, a million dollars to rightfully raise a child according to some studies (with almost a 5th coming from college education).

So she might not be guilty but she was the most at fault in killing someone so she'll have to pay up.
The parents will probably get around 2-3 million and I don't think that's really bad.

Wannabeknowitall
Feb 3rd, 2007, 11:29 PM
Yep, thats the case http://209.85.12.232/4392/28/emo/ahhhhhhh.gif

Some Civil Rights Activists are getting involved as well

We'll see how far that goes.

They're just going to look silly trying to spin something that is obvious, Brandy was the most at fault.
She doesn't deserve to go to jail for it but she's gonna have to pay up some cash.
No it won't be 50 million but it probably will be in the millions.

It's Black History Month.
I think it would be in the best interest for these Civil Rights Activist to put some pressure on the Bush administration instead of dealing with this :bs: .
Blacks are being ignored and there's no reason to just stand there and take it.

Mother_Marjorie
Feb 4th, 2007, 12:12 AM
Why is it that celebrities think they are above the law and shouldn't have to face the consequences of their irresponsible actions?

In Brandy's case, her irresponsibility caused the death of someone's family member. She should pay, just like any other citizen.

And just because she's African-American doesn't mean she should escape responsibility either.

G1Player2
Feb 4th, 2007, 12:25 AM
Why is it that celebrities think they are above the law and shouldn't have to face the consequences of their irresponsible actions?

In Brandy's case, her irresponsibility caused the death of someone's family member. She should pay, just like any other citizen.

And just because she's African-American doesn't mean she should escape responsibility either.

What a load of crock. How is Brandy trying to act like she is above the law? Besides that, it has been proven that drugs and/or alcohol were NOT the cause of the accident and police say that they don't believe a cell phone was involved. Now, since we have eliminated these major things that are typically associated with a vehicular manslaughter charge, we are back to square one.

I assume, that maybe Brandy rear-ended someone while not fully paying attention to the road, but let's face it, EVERYONE has done this. Do you think car accidents happen out of nowhere? No, they happen because of someone not paying attention to the road if even for a split second, or because they were on illegal substances or cell phone and the police have already eliminated these causes of the accident from their investigation so Brandy is cleared there. Besides that, it wasn't even Brandy's car that hit and killed the poor lady. Many people have turned their heads for a split second while driving, rear ended someone, and you see a huge chain reaction. Those people don't get charged with manslaughter charges either. I think they are trying to get her because she is a celebrity.

Besides that, the family has issued a $50 million dollar lawsuit. That is utterly ridiculous considering the woman had not even been dead a month before they went through with a lawsuit. Wouldn't you be grieving still after a month? I don't think money should have even hit their conscious. The police have nothing to work with. No drugs, alcohol, and they have already said they don't believe a cell phone was involved. NO way in hell is Brandy going to be charged with anything and the woman's family who is suing better hope it settles out of court because there is a big possiblity they won't win a dime.

This is ridiculous. I mean, didn't Laura Bush kill someone by passing up a stop sign? Something that is CLEARLY illegal and please don't tell me that you can forget to see a stop sign. I have been driving for years and have never passed up a stop sign because I didn't know it was there.

le bon vivant
Feb 4th, 2007, 12:29 AM
223. Roshane C.

:haha::haha::spit:

Apoleb
Feb 4th, 2007, 12:34 AM

:weirdo: :weirdo:

I don't think anyone suggested that.

Wannabeknowitall
Feb 4th, 2007, 12:36 AM
Besides that, the family has issued a $50 million dollar lawsuit. That is utterly ridiculous considering the woman had not even been dead a month before they went through with a lawsuit. Wouldn't you be grieving still after a month? I don't think money should have even hit their conscious. The police have nothing to work with. No drugs, alcohol, and they have already said they don't believe a cell phone was involved. NO way in hell is Brandy going to be charged with anything and the woman's family who is suing better hope it settles out of court because there is a big possiblity they won't win a dime.

She has a child.
As much as you don't think money shouldn't hit their conscience, it does.
We don't know how much the parents of the deceased make a year.
We don't know if they can do the things their daughter happened to
be able to do.
Most people if they have good neighbors, friends, and family are helped out in the first few weeks after someone has died, after that, you're on your own.
So to me it seems the right time for this to happen.

G1Player2
Feb 4th, 2007, 12:48 AM
She has a child.
As much as you don't think money shouldn't hit their conscience, it does.
We don't know how much the parents of the deceased make a year.
We don't know if they can do the things their daughter happened to
be able to do.
Most people if they have good neighbors, friends, and family are helped out in the first few weeks after someone has died, after that, you're on your own.
So to me it seems the right time for this to happen.

This doesn't make sense. The parents seemed to have been well off as it seemed already, so how does their daughters death hurt them all that much financially besides funeral cost? Even then, I am sure that they weren't dumb enough to let funeral costs hurt their everyday livelihood so I don't know where you are getting at here. What do you mean your on your own? It's not like the daughter was supporting her parents financially so this point doesn't make alot of sense.

And no, it wasn't the right time, because like I said, they didn't even wait 1 month before they issued a lawsuit. It was not right strategically because you know Brandy's lawyers will tee off on this. They better hope Brandy settles or they won't win a dime. No drugs, alcohol or cell phone involved and it's smooth sailing just about for the defense. Like I said, it was probably a simple case of not keeping your eyes on the road at some point and everyone does that.

music29child
Feb 4th, 2007, 01:14 AM
What a load of crock. How is Brandy trying to act like she is above the law? Besides that, it has been proven that drugs and/or alcohol were NOT the cause of the accident and police say that they don't believe a cell phone was involved. Now, since we have eliminated these major things that are typically associated with a vehicular manslaughter charge, we are back to square one.

I assume, that maybe Brandy rear-ended someone while not fully paying attention to the road, but let's face it, EVERYONE has done this. Do you think car accidents happen out of nowhere? No, they happen because of someone not paying attention to the road if even for a split second, or because they were on illegal substances or cell phone and the police have already eliminated these causes of the accident from their investigation so Brandy is cleared there. Besides that, it wasn't even Brandy's car that hit and killed the poor lady. Many people have turned their heads for a split second while driving, rear ended someone, and you see a huge chain reaction. Those people don't get charged with manslaughter charges either. I think they are trying to get her because she is a celebrity.

This is ridiculous. I mean, didn't Laura Bush kill someone by passing up a stop sign? Something that is CLEARLY illegal and please don't tell me that you can forget to see a stop sign. I have been driving for years and have never passed up a stop sign because I didn't know it was there.

:worship:

They were already trying to charge her wit vehicular manslaughter which if Brandy was convicted, would face a year in jail and $1,000 fine

They are just trying to take advantage of the fact that it was Brandy who started it all and not some plain Jane smh

Wannabeknowitall
Feb 4th, 2007, 01:43 AM
This doesn't make sense. The parents seemed to have been well off as it seemed already, so how does their daughters death hurt them all that much financially besides funeral cost? Even then, I am sure that they weren't dumb enough to let funeral costs hurt their everyday livelihood so I don't know where you are getting at here. What do you mean your on your own? It's not like the daughter was supporting her parents financially so this point doesn't make alot of sense.

And no, it wasn't the right time, because like I said, they didn't even wait 1 month before they issued a lawsuit. It was not right strategically because you know Brandy's lawyers will tee off on this. They better hope Brandy settles or they won't win a dime. No drugs, alcohol or cell phone involved and it's smooth sailing just about for the defense. Like I said, it was probably a simple case of not keeping your eyes on the road at some point and everyone does that.

I'm getting a feeling that you've never had to financially pay for a parent or daughter and son's funeral (and become a primary caretaker of someone in the family) and here's hoping that when you do you're in the 15 percent of Americans who can deal with a tradegy and not live paycheck to paycheck.
It's tough. It really is.

music29child
Feb 4th, 2007, 01:45 AM
I'm getting a feeling that you've never had to financially pay for a parent or daughter and son's funeral and here's hoping that when you do you're in the 15 percent of Americans who can deal with a tradegy and not live paycheck to paycheck.
It's tough. It really is.

The accident happened December 30th, and I'm sure that Brandy payed for the funeral, medical bills, and for all of the vehicles involved

But what they are suing for according to the court documents is just the emotional distress

drake3781
Feb 4th, 2007, 01:47 AM

:worship:

They were already trying to charge her wit vehicular manslaughter which if Brandy was convicted, would face a year in jail and $1,000 fine

They are just trying to take advantage of the fact that it was Brandy who started it all and not some plain Jane smh

1. The criminal charges are separate from and unrelated to the civil, and come from different parties.
2. The fact that the defendant may or may not have money does not come into play in naming the amount of the suit. The award will be determined not based on the defendant's financial status. A defendant without money (the Plain Jane you describe, music29child) would pay over time, possibly for his/her entire life.
3. The fact that drugs or alcohol were or were not involved would have little impact on the civil verdict; her negligence was enough to kill the other party and that is enough. (Drugs/alcohol would be relevant in the criminal arena, but she is not being charged with those things.)
4. The family of the deceased has no duty to sue within a specific timeframe, other than that set by law. One week, one month, or possibly even one year... this doesn't matter. Where do you get the idea that there is some issue with this?
5. The wealth or lack of wealth of the victim's family is also not relevant.
6. The family of the deceased has every right to try to recover damages, as they have surely been damaged every minute of every day by the loss of their family member. And they will continue to be the rest of their lives.
7. Laura Bush's case also is irrelevant; it may be interesting to compare and contrast the two cases, but these were in different decades, in different circumstances, and in differnet jurisdictions. Using one as the basis for judging the other is not the right way to evaluate this situation.

Do some research on how this works, as it works day after day and year after year, for many people all over the country. This case is no different.

This is a sad situation for both Brandy and for the victim's family. But it's a mistake to apply lower standard of responsibilty to Brandy because you feel you know or like her as a result of her celebrity. (I assume you are not saying that celebrities that you like should have a lower standard applied.) I suppose it must be hard if you really like her a lot and don't know anything about the anonymous victims (or even know something you don't like about them) but the law has to be objective.

Wigglytuff
Feb 4th, 2007, 01:47 AM

no one said that, but its good to know that thats for first thing YOU think about, and where YOUR values lie.:tape: :tape: :tape: :smash: :smash:

Wigglytuff
Feb 4th, 2007, 01:53 AM
personally i think this is a very sad situation. i can not and will put my name or energy towards wishing brandy and ill or good will. i think the thoughts should be with the deceased and the family of the deceased.

it seems rather pointless to support or seek to condemn brandy or anyone in this case without any investigation of the crash and its details.

G1Player2
Feb 4th, 2007, 02:00 AM
[QUOTE]1. The criminal charges are separate from and unrelated to the civil, and come from different parties

Oh, I definitely know this already.

3. The fact that drugs or alcohol were or were not involved would have little impact on the civil verdict; her negligence was enough to kill the other party and that is enough. (Drugs/alcohol would be relevant in the criminal arena, but she is not being charged with those things.)

I was mainly referring to the criminal charges when I talked about the drugs/alcohol scenario. But like I said, it will be tough to convince even a civil jury that Brandy is at fault if drugs/alcohol/cell phone weren't involved.

[QUOTE]4. The family of the deceased has no duty to sue within a specific timeframe, other than that set by law. One week, one month, or possibly even one year... this doesn't matter. Where do you get the idea that there is some issue with this?

I never said they did have a specific timeframe but it WON'T look good to a civil jury especially since the family said they didn't want to sue after the accident originally happened. This lawsuit was filed just DAYS after the DA in LA expressed interest in charging Brandy with manslaughter charges. Brandy will have a good lawyer so you better believe he will go to town with this one.

6. The family of the deceased has every right to try to recover damages, as they have surely been damaged every minute of every day by the loss of their family member. And they will continue to be the rest of their lives.

I agree. I feel bad for the family and thier loss but the fact that they are trying to cash out on this tragedy SO very early after their daughter's death is not right IMO. A trial is VERY emotionally taxing and so is the death of a loved one. Why intertwine the two?

Wannabeknowitall
Feb 4th, 2007, 02:01 AM
The accident happened December 30th, and I'm sure that Brandy payed for the funeral, medical bills, and for all of the vehicles involved

But what they are suing for according to the court documents is just the emotional distress

Some people move on and others don't.
I just know that the emotional distress on a parent on losing child is hard especially a sudden death.
It's just not the natural way usually.
It can take years even decades to get over it.

If they do get some money, I know they'll tell you they will give it back all to just have a day with their daughter.
Lord knows I've cried from time to time thinking/praying the same thing and I just happen to be the child burying the parent.
Think of how the parents feel.

G1Player2
Feb 4th, 2007, 02:06 AM
personally i think this is a very sad situation. i can not and will put my name or energy towards wishing brandy and ill or good will. i think the thoughts should be with the deceased and the family of the deceased.

it seems rather pointless to support or seek to condemn brandy or anyone in this case without any investigation of the crash and its details.

I agree. That family has to be devastated. I am not even really a Brandy fan, I am just defending her in this particular case is because most of the posters who have been saying throw Brandy to the wolves were the SAME posters who were supporting Laura Bush in that one thread. Double standard anyone?

Wigglytuff
Feb 4th, 2007, 02:43 AM
I agree. That family has to be devastated. I am not even really a Brandy fan, I am just defending her in this particular case is because most of the posters who have been saying throw Brandy to the wolves were the SAME posters who were supporting Laura Bush in that one thread. Double standard anyone?

no need to really say more than that. we know some people have double standards and we know who they are.

music29child
Feb 4th, 2007, 02:51 AM
Some people move on and others don't.
I just know that the emotional distress on a parent on losing child is hard especially a sudden death.
It's just not the natural way usually.
It can take years even decades to get over it.

If they do get some money, I know they'll tell you they will give it back all to just have a day with their daughter.
Lord knows I've cried from time to time thinking/praying the same thing and I just happen to be the child burying the parent.
Think of how the parents feel.

Yeah, its just a bad situation for everyone

Wannabeknowitall
Feb 4th, 2007, 02:54 AM
no need to really say more than that. we know some people have double standards and we know who they are.

We do?
Because I've been searching for this Laura Bush thread for a while now, and I haven't found anything yet.
Didn't that story come out in 2000?

Wigglytuff
Feb 4th, 2007, 02:58 AM
We do?
Because I've been searching for this Laura Bush thread for a while now, and I haven't found anything yet.
Didn't that story come out in 2000?

they are around. i started 2 threads on the issue myself when i found out about it.

MH0861
Feb 4th, 2007, 03:08 AM
A petition for what? These people wouldn't be making a petition for anyone in the same circumstances unless they were a celebrity. It's an unfortunate situation for all involved, but c'mon, people.

Mother_Marjorie
Feb 4th, 2007, 03:40 AM
Brandy is a grown-ass woman.

Laura Bush was a 17 year-old high school senior.

HUGE difference. Not to mention 4 1/2 decades, differing state laws and civil codes.

The desperate will grasp at any straw to relinquish the responsibility of an adult behind the wheel of a car, wielding a deadly weapon negligently.

music29child
Feb 4th, 2007, 03:54 AM

HUGE difference. Not to mention 4 1/2 decades, differing state laws and civil codes.

The desperate will grasp at any straw to relinquish the responsibility of an adult behind the wheel of a car, wielding a deadly weapon negligently.

Brandy is 27 but age shouldnt matter. Whether she is an adult or not

It was an accident that could have happened to anyone. I dont know anything really about what happened to Laura Bush, but if thats the case she should have been facing everything that Brandy's goin threw. (A lawsuit and criminal charges).

If Laura was old enough to be driving and was driving then she should have been held to the responsibility for ngeligently weilding a deadly weapon

(Not to say she wasnt, I just dont know)

Wigglytuff
Feb 4th, 2007, 04:31 AM

HUGE difference.

murder is still murder. if you kill your ex in cold blood it doesnt matter if you are 17 or 71. its still wrong. its still a crime. only a sicko like you would say otherwise.

G1Player2
Feb 4th, 2007, 04:36 AM
murder is still murder. if you kill your ex in cold blood it doesnt matter if you are 17 or 71. its still wrong. its still a crime. only a sicko like you would say otherwise.

:worship: Wasn't that Dylan guy and his accomplice only like 15 or 16 years old when they massacred a whole high school? Based on Swami's logic, HUGE difference.

Cat's Pajamas
Feb 4th, 2007, 04:38 AM
Random question, how old was the woman that was killed?

*DEATH* at Wiggly trying to say Laura Bush murdered her ex. pathetic...:help:

G1Player2
Feb 4th, 2007, 04:40 AM
Random question, how old was the woman that was killed?

*DEATH* at Wiggly trying to say Laura Bush killed her ex. pathetic...:help:

The woman was 38 years old.

And re: the bold. SHE did kill her ex. That is the most obvious part of the whole crime.

Cat's Pajamas
Feb 4th, 2007, 04:44 AM
Sorry I typed that wrong. I meant to say that she "murdered" her ex :)

Barrie_Dude
Feb 4th, 2007, 04:50 AM
Who is Brandy? :shrug:

Wigglytuff
Feb 4th, 2007, 06:08 AM
:worship: Wasn't that Dylan guy and his accomplice only like 15 or 16 years old when they massacred a whole high school? Based on Swami's logic, HUGE difference.

thats why swami is a sicko. really sometimes one can not image that someone would say that cold blooded murder is ok if you are 17 years old. and yet. :confused: :confused:

anyway, murder is wrong period.

and thats one of the few things we know about this case, brandy did NO murder her ex boyfriend.

music29child
Feb 4th, 2007, 06:09 AM
Who is Brandy? :shrug:

She is an American Actress, and Grammy Award Wininng Singer

She was recently involved in a fatal car crash

Read up about her: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandy_Norwood

Wigglytuff
Feb 4th, 2007, 06:10 AM
The woman was 38 years old.

And re: the bold. SHE did kill her ex. That is the most obvious part of the whole crime.

exactly. but this is old news.

Mother_Marjorie
Feb 4th, 2007, 07:15 AM
thats why swami is a sicko. really sometimes one can not image that someone would say that cold blooded murder is ok if you are 17 years old. and yet. :confused: :confused:

anyway, murder is wrong period.

and thats one of the few things we know about this case, brandy did NO murder her ex boyfriend.
Hmmmm...let me work on this............

A conservative first lady and librarian, at the age of 17 as a high school senior, somehow plotted to kill and ex-boyfriend by broadsiding his car in a public intersection?????

That's not murder. That's just crazy bullshit.

You kooky left-wing nuts and grand conspiracy theories are what's wrong with this country. Its the same old "cry wolf" syndrome that poisions this country.

Wigglytuff
Feb 4th, 2007, 01:07 PM

but we know you are a disturbed sicko by your race-based double standard on the value of human life. (and i am sure i am not the only one to find your assessment that wealthy, conservatives dont commit premeditated murder sickening and very disturbed. not to mention plainly wrong. do you really need to add class based value to life, to your race based statements? )

Mother_Marjorie
Feb 4th, 2007, 02:01 PM

but we know you are a disturbed sicko by your race-based double standard on the value of human life. (and i am sure i am not the only one to find your assessment that wealthy, conservatives dont commit premeditated murder sickening and very disturbed. not to mention plainly wrong. do you really need to add class based value to life, to your race based statements? )

You can scream it as loud as you like. Laura Bush did not murder anyone. Are you saying that the passenger in Laura's car at the time of her accident, Judy Dykes was also a part in your grand conspiracy to kill Laura's ex-boyfriend, Michael Douglas? Laura no more murdered Michael Douglas, than Brandy did Awatef Aboudihaj, a mother of one.

Using your values of human life, what makes Awatef Aboudihaj's life less important than Brandy Norwood's or Awatef Aboudihaj or Michael Douglas'? Brandy killed her, girlfriend. And now, she must pay.

So continue on with your "cry wolf" agenda. Because just about everyone knows that Wigglytuff tells on herself everytime she projects her political/racial hatred onto others. Better deal with it while you are young, or your adulthood will be filled with misery.

And tell 'em Mother Majorie sent 'ya!

music29child
Feb 4th, 2007, 03:51 PM
Hmmmm...let me work on this............

A conservative first lady and librarian, at the age of 17 as a high school senior, somehow plotted to kill and ex-boyfriend by broadsiding his car in a public intersection?????

That's not murder. That's just crazy bullshit.

You kooky left-wing nuts and grand conspiracy theories are what's wrong with this country. Its the same old "cry wolf" syndrome that poisions this country.

So a 27 year old R&B Goddess and once America's Sweetheart

The epitome of the girl next door is a murder though?

Wigglytuff
Feb 4th, 2007, 03:57 PM

dont bother with her. anyone who thinks, and says that wealthy, conservative teens never kill others is beyond reason.

No Name Face
Feb 4th, 2007, 03:57 PM

that's exactly how i feel.

music29child
Feb 4th, 2007, 04:00 PM
that's exactly how i feel.

Its not a petition to keep her from having to pay or face charges

Its a letter of support for Brandy

The only way that it could be done this way though is through a petition

Maybe I should have explained it better

Mother_Marjorie
Feb 4th, 2007, 05:13 PM
dont bother with her. anyone who thinks, and says that wealthy, conservative teens never kill others is beyond reason.
No, Wiggly.

I never claimed that Laura Bush didn't kill someone in a car accident. It was YOU that falsely claimed she purposefully murdered Michael Douglas, because of your malignant, ignorant, polarized political views.

That's your issue, not mine child.

Mother_Marjorie
Feb 4th, 2007, 05:19 PM

Accidents happen. However, there is a measure of responsibility demanded when these types of tragedies happen.

Whether it be monetary and/or criminal, Brandy should be held responsible for her actions if they attributed to the death of another human being.

Ask yourself. If it were your sister, or family member that was killed, wouldn't you demand some form of justice? Especially when this woman's child will have to bear the burden of her mothers death for the rest of its natural born life.

Does it make a Brandy a bad person? No. But she owes the child of the woman she killed.

Sally Struthers
Feb 4th, 2007, 05:26 PM
Mother Marjorie! You know 90% of these people are insane and can't be reasoned with don't you? :tape: :lol: ;)

G1Player2
Feb 4th, 2007, 05:28 PM
Accidents happen. However, there is a measure of responsibility demanded when these types of tragedies happen.

Whether it be monetary and/or criminal, Brandy should be held responsible for her actions if they attributed to the death of another human being.

Ask yourself. If it were your sister, or family member that was killed, wouldn't you demand some form of justice? Especially when this woman's child will have to bear the burden of her mothers death for the rest of its natural born life.

Does it make a Brandy a bad person? No. But she owes the child of the woman she killed.

You have NO idea what you are talking about. It has yet to be proved if Brandy killed anyone. The police are silent over the details of this case and she has NOT beeen charged with anything and most likely will not be. Besides, it wasn't even Brandy's car that killed the poor woman. We have not facts on this case whatsoever so why don't you save your conclusions of Brandy KILLING someone when the facts of the case have been put out on the table :rolleyes:

Mother_Marjorie
Feb 4th, 2007, 08:16 PM
You have NO idea what you are talking about. It has yet to be proved if Brandy killed anyone. The police are silent over the details of this case and she has NOT beeen charged with anything and most likely will not be. Besides, it wasn't even Brandy's car that killed the poor woman. We have not facts on this case whatsoever so why don't you save your conclusions of Brandy KILLING someone when the facts of the case have been put out on the table :rolleyes:

I can provide a few links to articles which report Brandy admitted fault at the scene of the accident to the CHP, and then later issued an apology to the family. I mean, why would the CHP entertain criminal charges against an innocent woman?

Its going to a mammoth effort on your part to spin this one away.

Mother_Marjorie
Feb 4th, 2007, 08:17 PM
Mother Marjorie! You know 90% of these people are insane and can't be reasoned with don't you? :tape: :lol: ;)
;)

G1Player2
Feb 4th, 2007, 09:14 PM
I can provide a few links to articles which report Brandy admitted fault at the scene of the accident to the CHP, and then later issued an apology to the family. I mean, why would the CHP entertain criminal charges against an innocent woman?

Its going to a mammoth effort on your part to spin this one away.

Even if Brandy admitted she was at fault, so what? Do you know how many people are at fault when they get into accidents? Someone is ALWAYS at fault when an accident occurs and they don't get hit with vehicular manslaughter charges if drugs, alcohol, or cell phones were involved. Also, police say that she was NOT speeding.

Alcohol and drugs have been ruled out as factors in the crash, and there is no evidence that Brandy was using a cell phone or was otherwise distracted at the time of the crash. She was in her car alone, Tang said.

I got this from http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=entertainmentNews&storyID=2007-01-25T225000Z_01_N25275807_RTRUKOC_0_US-BRANDY-THURS.xml&pageNumber=1&imageid=&cap=&sz=13&WTModLoc=NewsArt-C1-ArticlePage1

It was a senseless accident and it looks like Brandy won't be charged anyway. That civil case will go on I am sure but the family DISTINCTLY said that they didn't want any money from Brandy UNTIL criminal charges were sought against her. They better be able to explain this to a jury.

Besides that, I live in California and do you know the success rate of someone winning a civil case when someone is the cause of a car accident and drugs, alcohol, speeding nor a cell phone is involved? :lol:

Mother_Marjorie
Feb 4th, 2007, 10:07 PM
Even if Brandy admitted she was at fault, so what?

Besides that, I live in California and do you know the success rate of someone winning a civil case when someone is the cause of a car accident and drugs, alcohol, speeding nor a cell phone is involved? :lol:
I didn't realize how young and naive you really are. No amount of prose can counteract your brand of ignorance.

Perhaps a dramatic pause is in order.

No, you simply aren't worth it.:wavey:

VeeReeDavJCap81
Feb 4th, 2007, 10:14 PM
No amount of prose can counteract your brand of ignorance.

:lol: you sure have nerve calling someone ELSE ignorant

drake3781
Feb 5th, 2007, 01:05 AM

I didn't realize that there was a doubt that Brandy was at fault, aka killed somebody. :shrug: I read a sequence of the accident and she surely caused it. The other people were all hit, by what started with Brandy. I think you are barking up the wrong tree, there.

If you are just trying to prove a point about LB (which I think is irrelevant) then you wouldn't disagree that Brandy caused the accident, would you? That's taking it a whole lot of steps farther than just the LB comparison.

I didn't know that it was not her car, though. That's interesting. That means the victim's family can also sue the owner of the car. Whose car was it?

Wigglytuff
Feb 5th, 2007, 02:30 AM

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

remember this is someone who said conservatives dont murder people. and if you kill someone and you are 17 its ok. nothing wrong with that.

so not like she/he/it should be talking, but thats never stopped her before.

harloo
Feb 5th, 2007, 03:06 AM
Its not a petition to keep her from having to pay or face charges

Its a letter of support for Brandy

The only way that it could be done this way though is through a petition

Maybe I should have explained it better

This is exactly what I gathered from reading the petition. It's nothing but fans supporting Brandy in her darkest hour. I haven't signed, but I see no harm in someone signing. What kills me is people are acting like the letter is asking the public to rally in her favor so she can avoid being charged. :rolleyes:

ZListCelebrity
Feb 5th, 2007, 03:19 AM
I hope the stupid ho goes to jail.

harloo
Feb 5th, 2007, 03:39 AM
I hope the stupid ho goes to jail.

TROLL ALERT!

Apoleb
Feb 5th, 2007, 03:50 AM
It's just a very unfortunate thing for both sides, but that's what happens when we live in a world with killing machines that we use extensively.

I don't think we can judge until we know how much Brandy's negligence had to do with it. It really doesn't take much to hit a car in front of you, especially if there was a sudden thing that forced the cars in front of her to stop. Ofcourse, she also could have been very negligent and wasn't following closely what was happening. We can't judge until we fully know what happened. But it's definitely something to consider that it takes very very little for stuff like this to happen.

I feel for Brandy, because it must be terrible to know that you killed someone like this. And it's ofcourse definitely hard for the family of the woman.

ZListCelebrity
Feb 5th, 2007, 05:28 AM
Am I supposed to feel sorry for her because she is a no-talent person and Serena's friend who killed someone?

Mother_Marjorie
Feb 5th, 2007, 06:41 AM
It's just a very unfortunate thing for both sides, but that's what happens when we live in a world with killing machines that we use extensively.

I don't think we can judge until we know how much Brandy's negligence had to do with it. It really doesn't take much to hit a car in front of you, especially if there was a sudden thing that forced the cars in front of her to stop. Ofcourse, she also could have been very negligent and wasn't following closely what was happening. We can't judge until we fully know what happened. But it's definitely something to consider that it takes very very little for stuff like this to happen.

I feel for Brandy, because it must be terrible to know that you killed someone like this. And it's ofcourse definitely hard for the family of the woman.
Anytime you rear-end someone, it always YOUR fault, because you are responsible for maintaining a safe and adequate distance between yourself and the car in front of you.

Mother_Marjorie
Feb 5th, 2007, 06:43 AM
I don't think you have the mental or intellectual capacity to debate Mother Marjorie about anything. Am I surprised? No. And I think we all know why.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Feb 5th, 2007, 06:48 AM
I don't think you have the mental or intellectual capacity to debate Mother Marjorie about anything. Am I surprised? No. And I think we all know why.

I don't even think you take yourself seriously, why should any of us?

Wigglytuff
Feb 5th, 2007, 12:05 PM
I don't even think you take yourself seriously, why should any of us?

basically

music29child
Feb 5th, 2007, 10:47 PM
This is exactly what I gathered from reading the petition. It's nothing but fans supporting Brandy in her darkest hour. I haven't signed, but I see no harm in someone signing. What kills me is people are acting like the letter is asking the public to rally in her favor so she can avoid being charged. :rolleyes:

Yeah lol