PDA

View Full Version : Shvedova def. Sprem 4-6 7-5 7-5

croat123
Feb 3rd, 2007, 07:45 PM
pathetic, utterly pathetic. shvedova is hopeless and sprem is just terrible. seriously, 4 straight losses after losing the first set. the ones to kirilenko and rezai were not that bad, but this one takes the cake

NyCPsU
Feb 3rd, 2007, 07:47 PM
and shes been up a set and a break in all of these matches too :sobbing: :help:
so frustrating k-lina :sad:

RenaSlam.
:wavey: Sprem.

CooCooCachoo
pathetic, utterly pathetic. shvedova is hopeless and sprem is just terrible. seriously, 4 straight losses after losing the first set. the ones to kirilenko and rezai were not that bad, but this one takes the cake

Yari is hopeless? :tape: She is one of the biggest Russian talents.

Udachi Yari :woohoo:

WhatTheDeuce
Feb 3rd, 2007, 07:48 PM
LOL. That is weird, she's won the first set of every match this year and lost every one. :eek:

Looks like its gonna be a bright 07 for K-Lina! :yeah: LOL.

Congrats to the unknown Russian.

Lulu.
Feb 3rd, 2007, 07:51 PM
Kiki :bigcry:

-sugi-
Feb 3rd, 2007, 07:52 PM
Yari :yippee:

tenn_ace
Feb 3rd, 2007, 07:55 PM

:rolleyes: enough to be beat a wannabe :p

TheBoiledEgg
Feb 3rd, 2007, 07:55 PM
Yari ;) :banana: :yeah:

LOL@calling Yari hopeless :o :o

Viktymise
Feb 3rd, 2007, 08:12 PM
:sad: :sad: :sad: but she's gradually getting better

Derek.
Feb 3rd, 2007, 08:13 PM
Oh my. :o

Please take a break from tennis, Karolina.

Escape
Feb 3rd, 2007, 08:15 PM
K-Lina :sobbing: :o :help:

croat123
Feb 3rd, 2007, 08:17 PM
:sad: :sad: :sad: but she's gradually getting better
i don't know about that :o
the opponents are getting weaker...

sweetpeas
Feb 3rd, 2007, 08:18 PM
Sprem will get it together?2007 just started.We know what she can do,give her time?

Rtael
Feb 3rd, 2007, 08:18 PM
Everytime...win first set, lose the next two. Perhaps a little bit of a pattern there?

Viktymise
Feb 3rd, 2007, 08:19 PM
i don't know about that :o
the opponents are getting weaker...

Shvedova is better than Poutchek anyway, that was horrific that loss :o

Uranus
Feb 3rd, 2007, 08:22 PM
Kiki :(

Yari is not hopeless at all, she'll enter top 100 this year :yeah:

ghosts
Feb 3rd, 2007, 08:24 PM
OMG Karolina ... that's absolutely beyond pathetic :o
not that Shvedova is bad but how could Sprem lose so many matches which she could have won quickly

The Sprem story is an unbelievable story for me ..........

njnetswill
Feb 3rd, 2007, 08:24 PM
Sprem needs to go play some challengers. Like what Zakopolova and Benesova did.

Shvedbarilescu
Feb 3rd, 2007, 08:28 PM

In the very near Yari Shvedova is going to be looking down on Sprem in the rankings, way down quite possibly if Sprem doesn't sort herself out.

Actually if Yari didn't injure her ankle back at Wimbledon last year she would already be ranked much higher than Sprem, somewhere similar to where Bardina is now I suspect. But this result suggests she is finally getting her game back to where it was before her accident and I expect her to start her move up the rankings now.

iPatty
Feb 3rd, 2007, 08:30 PM
kikirem. :sad:
what are you doing?

Sharapova's_Boy
Feb 3rd, 2007, 09:24 PM
Yaroslava :woohoo:

K-Lina :crying2:

Mina Vagante
Feb 3rd, 2007, 09:26 PM
get back to 2004 form NOW:fiery:

auntie janie
Feb 3rd, 2007, 09:26 PM
omg, Spremmy. I was sure she'd improve quickly after leaving Borna Bikic! But his negative effect on her carries on and on ... :sad:

LDF
Feb 3rd, 2007, 09:27 PM
Wow. :o :help:

It's sad to see Karolina having these results :awww:

Dexter
Feb 3rd, 2007, 09:31 PM
Congrats Jarka.
:o @ threadstarter for saying she's hopeless. :help:

Karolina :smash: Will you ever get this sh*t together??!? :banghead: Like seriously! :mad:

croat123
Feb 3rd, 2007, 09:41 PM
shvedova hasn't made it out of wta qualies in 7 months

Dexter
Feb 3rd, 2007, 09:45 PM
shvedova hasn't made it out of wta qualies in 7 monthsAnd it's a good enough reason to call her hopeless?

erenwall
Feb 3rd, 2007, 09:48 PM
:wavey: Sprem.
I Agree !!

ASP0315
Feb 3rd, 2007, 09:51 PM
Karolina .:fiery:
I still think K'lina will make a comeback. :yeah:. Get well soon K'lina. :hug:

Congrats to Yari though. :yeah:

LindsayRulz
Feb 3rd, 2007, 09:51 PM
:sad:

UncleZeke
Feb 3rd, 2007, 09:59 PM
Karolina seems to have the talent to do better, instead she continues to circle the drain..

Shvedbarilescu
Feb 3rd, 2007, 10:01 PM

Err........yes. As it happened during her 1st round match at Wimbledon (which she DID qualify for) while leading Lisa Raymond by 5 games to 3, Yaraslava had a serious ankle injury which resulted in her leaving the court in a wheel chair. It would be 2 more months before she would play again. Since coming back from this serious setback it has taken her a little while to regain the form she was showing earlier in the year. Even so, of her 8 losses since coming back from her ankle injury 5 were to top 100 players. I believe she is now ready to make the move she would likely have made last summer. We will see.

tennismaster8820
Feb 3rd, 2007, 10:04 PM
Err........yes. As it happened during her 1st round match at Wimbledon (which she DID qualify for) while leading Lisa Raymond by 5 games to 3, Yaraslava had a serious ankle injury which resulted in her leaving the court in a wheel chair. It would be 2 more months before she would play again. Since coming back from this serious setback it has taken her a little while to regain the form she was showing earlier in the year. Even so, of her 8 losses since coming back from her ankle injury 5 were to top 100 players. I believe she is now ready to make the move she would likely have made last summer. We will see.

If she had so much trouble with Sprem, I don't think she's ready for anything!:o

Pszczelny
Feb 3rd, 2007, 10:14 PM
Jarka :woohoo: :hearts:

selyoink
Feb 3rd, 2007, 10:16 PM
I wish I could say this is a surprising result. Sadly I cannot.

Shvedbarilescu
Feb 3rd, 2007, 10:20 PM
If she had so much trouble with Sprem, I don't think she's ready for anything!:o

:lol: You almost have a point there. However let's not forget that Sprem has now won her 1st set in her last 6 matches. Yes, she has lost 5 of them. But she has taken the 1st set against some pretty decent players, amongst them, Kirilenko, Rezai and Safarova, who she actually went on to beat. So I don't see it as such a bad sign that this was a close match. What matters to me is that Yari won it. That she won 15 out 16 points on her 1st serve in the 3rd set also leaves me feeling very positive. Of course this win alone doesn't mean alot and she will need to back it up by winning the next 2 matches before one can be sure Yari really is back. If she can get past Cohen-Aloro in the next round she will probably have to play Razzano in the final round of qualifying and Razzano beat her in 3 sets a couple of months ago. That will be the real test for Yari.

eck
Feb 3rd, 2007, 10:20 PM
Karolina :tape:

UncleZeke
Feb 3rd, 2007, 10:21 PM
Karolina reached her highest WTA ranking on Oct 11 2004. #17.

ASP0315
Feb 3rd, 2007, 10:25 PM
Karolina reached her highest WTA ranking on Oct 11 2004. #17.

Yes i know. But injuries have let her down. But don't worry she will get back to top 20 by the end of next year. :devil:

Tenis Srbija
Feb 3rd, 2007, 10:57 PM
Karolina :help: :help: :help:

Was she like 3-0 up in second :rolleyes:

Monica_Rules
Feb 3rd, 2007, 11:55 PM
K-Lina:sad:

From what i hear Shvedova is meant to be half decent.

tobi
Feb 4th, 2007, 12:17 AM
Yari :woohoo: :hearts: :D

Well guys you will see Yari isnt bad or hopeless as you think in near future ;)

tenn_ace
Feb 4th, 2007, 12:24 AM

and if you knew anything about her, you'd know that she's coming back from a serious injury :rolleyes:

MagicMilan
Feb 4th, 2007, 02:37 AM
Karolina :sad:
Please return to the form of 2004 :sad:

Black Mamba.
Feb 4th, 2007, 02:54 AM
I still remember when people were hyping up Sprem after she beat Vee

ewbangkok
Feb 4th, 2007, 03:13 AM
poor sprem

Natarajasana
Feb 4th, 2007, 03:38 AM
Yari :yeah:

Rex59
Feb 4th, 2007, 05:01 AM
Karolina is the only player on the Tour that dictates to Venus, that is she controls the tempo and pace of a game. I have never seen Venus dominated, not by her sister or anyone else. Venus loses by making silly UFEs on simple shots in rallies. Her inconsistency is mind-boggling. But, she will dictate pace. Karolina does this to Venus. However, she plays "dumb" tennis. She overhits unnecessarily, giving her opponents games with a load of UFEs. In my opinion, she has "top-10" talent, but she has no tennis intellect. Can someone link an article about Karolina, where she talks about her own tennis game, what she thinks of her abilities, what her coach thinks of her talent, and what needs to be corrected to elevate her into the tennis elite? I would like to know what's behind the thought process that enables this girl to play so poorly on a consistent basis.

Harju.
Feb 4th, 2007, 05:12 AM
K-lina :sobbing:
She was up a set and a break. Please pick up your form and do a JJ :o

RJWCapriati
Feb 4th, 2007, 05:40 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :help: :help: :help: :help:

Slumpsova
Feb 4th, 2007, 05:45 AM
obviously Karolina needs to take a break.
her mind wasn't their since, i don'k now, 2004? :shrug:

ioni
Feb 4th, 2007, 06:51 AM
Karolina :help: :sad: :tape:

piercerocks
Feb 4th, 2007, 07:42 AM
she's at an all time low and it keeps getting worse. i feel bad for karolina.

TS
Feb 4th, 2007, 09:17 AM
Karolina Sprem would have to have the most annoying fanbase in tennis. Ever.

-Makiri-
Feb 4th, 2007, 09:18 AM
Karolina :help:

Rtael
Feb 4th, 2007, 09:25 AM
I don't even really think it's her game that's letting her down so much now...it's got to be mental. You don't have a pattern like this in your matches without there being something seriously wrong in your emotional/mental approach to the game.

Rtael
Feb 4th, 2007, 09:26 AM
Karolina Sprem would have to have the most annoying fanbase in tennis. Ever.

Croats (at least the ones on this board) have a tendency to be...shall we say...dramatic. And that's putting it nicely.

ce
Feb 4th, 2007, 09:29 AM
:help:

Wednesday
Feb 4th, 2007, 09:33 AM
K-lina needs a half decent coach that tells her not to hit a winner of every ball.

jrm
Feb 4th, 2007, 09:34 AM
That is all the fuss about - with her recent results it would be a shoker to see her actually win!

I think one of the posters was correct - she needs to go and play challangers (no disgrace in that) to win some matches, get the feel how it is to win two or more matches in the row, built confidence and then try WTA again.

WhatTheDeuce
Feb 4th, 2007, 01:51 PM
Can someone link an article about Karolina, where she talks about her own tennis game, what she thinks of her abilities, what her coach thinks of her talent, and what needs to be corrected to elevate her into the tennis elite? I would like to know what's behind the thought process that enables this girl to play so poorly on a consistent basis.
Actually after her loss at the Australian this year, she said something to the extent of:

"I dont know how to push the ball like the other girls. I have to go for all my shots, it's how I play. I was playing well for a set and a half. Hopefully next time I can play well for 2 sets."

lilimi
Feb 4th, 2007, 02:18 PM
pfffh karolina :o:mad:

gocanadago
Feb 4th, 2007, 03:38 PM
Karo .... :sad:

Ellery
Feb 4th, 2007, 04:19 PM
Karolina :sad:

trufanjay
Feb 4th, 2007, 04:24 PM
Who in the world is Shvedova???

tennismaster8820
Feb 4th, 2007, 05:19 PM

Why a thread for this?
This is realy not deserving it! :shrug: