PDA

View Full Version : Jo O'Meara

Kevin.
Feb 3rd, 2007, 06:25 PM
i loved S Club 7
LOVED IT
i hear she went on the UK version of celebrity big brother
and got into a racial tenison with shilpha shetta(?)
accused of being a racist
i saw her interview and i felt bad for her..
anybody feel the same way?
After her eviction and shock:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-X4zf39s5NU
just 4 days later:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XopgVw5B0FQ

tennisbuddy12
Feb 3rd, 2007, 06:58 PM
its horrible.....very sympathetic

The Daviator
Feb 3rd, 2007, 07:02 PM
You should have seen what she said about Shilpa :o

I do agree that there's been an overreaction and I feel bad for Jo, but she treated Shilpa (in my av :p ) appallingly :(

Kevin.
Feb 3rd, 2007, 07:10 PM
i kno i think what she siad was wrong
but getting death threats...
shilpa has been said that she was trying to get in touch wtih jade and jo
shilpa is very hot btw :)

Kevin.
Feb 3rd, 2007, 07:54 PM
bump

:inlove:
Feb 3rd, 2007, 09:18 PM
OK, seeing her on GMTV I have started to feel a bit sorry for her.

Gonzo Hates Me!
Feb 3rd, 2007, 09:28 PM
oh, the UK

Lord Nelson
Feb 3rd, 2007, 09:40 PM
Well her co-celebrities on CBB also recieved death threats at the height of their careers. Dirk Benedict discussed it in this clip on the reality show. He also said that he would wish his friends and family to be rich and famous but not to be celebrities. And Jermaine Jackson whose brother Michael has been ruined by celebrity (plastic surgery, reclusive lifestyle) readily agreed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRqGdaZZUfU&mode=related&search=

Kevin.
Feb 3rd, 2007, 10:56 PM
Do you think this will help her career or will it go down the drain? same with Jade and Danielle

Monica_Rules
Feb 3rd, 2007, 11:00 PM
Her career's gone down the pan. Jade i think is the only one who might come out of this as shes the only one so far whos accepted that her behavious in the house was wrong.

Haven't heard anything from Danielle except her and Teddy are finished.

skanky~skanketta
Feb 3rd, 2007, 11:09 PM
jade is a fat ugly cow.
danielle is a pretty stupid bimbo.
jo is an untalented ordinary girl.

but of the three of them, jo is the most tolerable because well, just because. jade's the biggest ****.

Rising Sun
Feb 4th, 2007, 01:39 AM
Even after watching the interview, I don't feel sorry for her as she still doesn't admit to bullying Shilpa! :rolleyes:

It was also ridiculous how she said they edited all her good comments about Shilpa. She still said those awful things anyhow... :rolleyes:

Goai
Feb 4th, 2007, 01:52 AM
I always thought she was racist... anyway

Halardfan
Feb 4th, 2007, 01:57 AM
She was the least overtly racist of the three, but was very much an unpleasant stupid bully.

I don't agree with carrying on with a lynch mob against them, but neither am I overwhelmed with sympathy for them.

~Cherry*Blossom~
Feb 4th, 2007, 08:45 AM
I don't feel sorry for her whatsoever. On GMTV she said she still didn't see what she did wrong. She said she didn't BULLY Shilpa and in the newspaper, she said she wouldn't do anything different.

It's one thing not knowing you are being racist (an argument can be made for and against being racist) but to say you weren't bullying Shilpa is the biggest piss take.

She deserves everything she gets!!!

disco_rage
Feb 4th, 2007, 08:51 AM
I do feel sorry for her.. BUT the bits i saw from Big Brother her behavoir was plain WRONG........

HOWEVER.... People need to remember the Big Brother show only shows 50 odd EDITED minutes of what happened in that house over 24 HOURS!

My problem with BIG BROTHER has always been the same, the editors, the producers and the makers of BIG BROTHER show WHAT THEY WANT! and they decide who WINS really.. Ok its a public vote but what they show is vital. Now i'm not defending Jade, Danielle or Jo as there actions where wrong but i feel people shouldn't base everything on the "bits" Chanel 4 showed...

Shilpa herself has said things were overblown.

fifiricci
Feb 4th, 2007, 08:54 AM
I've got no sympathy for any of them. No one forced them to go on reality TV and be racist. It's no one else's fault that the three girls concerned are too bog ignorant to be anything better. They got exactly what they deserved and I think its safe to say that the media are way overhyping the seriousness of the "death threats" :rolleyes:

I can't believe the stupidity of these people and it also horrifies me that the British media is so captivated by the whole stupid and sordid affair. No wonder totally vacuous people with absolutely no merit or intelligence whatsoever can become successful in the world today.

hablo
Feb 4th, 2007, 09:34 AM
I don't feel sorry for her.

Indian people are skinny because they don't cook their food properly? :tape:

She didn't even acknowledge that she bullied Shilpa. Pffffft.

CooCooCachoo
Feb 4th, 2007, 10:24 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHYFxcd6H0c

OMG :speakles:

I never knew it was that bad :o

MistyGrey
Feb 4th, 2007, 11:55 AM
Dont feel sorry for her at all!

Monica_Rules
Feb 4th, 2007, 12:03 PM
And now shes called for Celeb BB to be cancelled:rolleyes:

Is this girl just trying to piss me off even more?

What sympathy i had for her is long gone now.

Its so obvious her PR team have told her to go and blame the show for her actions.

SHe blames the show for bad editing when in all honesty i've seen other stuff from her on the live stream that was worse, like the 50min bitching session that wasn;t even on the main programme so it does work both ways.

-sugi-
Feb 4th, 2007, 12:17 PM
After watching the videos, I never knew it was that bad. It is really sad and I feel sorry for Shilpa :hug:

The Daviator
Feb 4th, 2007, 12:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHYFxcd6H0c

OMG :speakles:

I never knew it was that bad :o

00:50

'You know what, your claim to fame is this! Good for you!'

Shilpa :rocker2: :worship: :lol:

CooCooCachoo
Feb 4th, 2007, 12:48 PM
00:50

'You know what, your claim to fame is this! Good for you!'

Shilpa :rocker2: :worship: :lol:

Yes, she seems very likeable and classy :yeah:

Edward.
Feb 4th, 2007, 12:57 PM
What goes around, comes around, I say.

PamShriverRockz
Feb 4th, 2007, 01:20 PM
I do feel sorry for her.. BUT the bits i saw from Big Brother her behavoir was plain WRONG........

HOWEVER.... People need to remember the Big Brother show only shows 50 odd EDITED minutes of what happened in that house over 24 HOURS!

My problem with BIG BROTHER has always been the same, the editors, the producers and the makers of BIG BROTHER show WHAT THEY WANT! and they decide who WINS really.. Ok its a public vote but what they show is vital. Now i'm not defending Jade, Danielle or Jo as there actions where wrong but i feel people shouldn't base everything on the "bits" Chanel 4 showed...

Shilpa herself has said things were overblown.

I don't buy Jo's 'it was the way it was edited' excuse this time. The producers didn't even show us some of the things that went on.

http://bigbrother.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds12284.html

I saw a lot of the live feed and those three witches were REALLY horrible to Shilpa, no excuses.

Kevin.
Feb 4th, 2007, 01:35 PM
i am starting to love shilpha so classy and elegant, but i still have a LITTLE feel-bad feeling for jo.

Kevin.
Feb 4th, 2007, 01:35 PM
And now shes called for Celeb BB to be cancelled:rolleyes:

Is this girl just trying to piss me off even more?

What sympathy i had for her is long gone now.

Its so obvious her PR team have told her to go and blame the show for her actions.

SHe blames the show for bad editing when in all honesty i've seen other stuff from her on the live stream that was worse, like the 50min bitching session that wasn;t even on the main programme so it does work both ways.
i dont think she has any PR ppl at the moment...
her agent just died
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,11049-2007040626,00.html

Fantastic
Feb 4th, 2007, 02:52 PM
In S Club 7, she worked with Tina and Bradley, who were both black. If Jo is racist, both of them are the most likely to know. I wonder what their take on this whole issue is. I haven't heard or seen any clips about Jo's part in the incident but from some reports, it's been blown way out of proportion. There's no way S Club 7 would've worked out if Jo had racist feelings against Tina and Bradley. Although there was one interview I read in a magazine that asked Tina who in the band she feels she knows the least. Her answer was Jo, because they weren't as close as she (Tina) was to the other girls. But that could be because of anything.

Sam L
Feb 4th, 2007, 03:05 PM
I have no sympathy for Jo, Jade and that other girl. Idiots. Who the fuck are they anyway?

Kevin.
Feb 4th, 2007, 03:12 PM
Jo is from S Club 7 (former member)
Danielle is a former Miss Great Britain who was removed from her duties for basically sleeping with one of the judges
Jade as you heard her claim to fame is a prior season of Big Brother UK.

its true that S Club 7 would not have worked if Jo was racist
tina is half-black and bradley is black. they were together for years
she is not a racist but i think she needs help for what she has said..

Martian Jeza
Feb 4th, 2007, 03:36 PM
Jade is an ignorant with a capital I and Classless with a capital C. :rolleyes:

Monica_Rules
Feb 4th, 2007, 04:36 PM
Jo is from S Club 7 (former member)
Danielle is a former Miss Great Britain who was removed from her duties for basically sleeping with one of the judges
Jade as you heard her claim to fame is a prior season of Big Brother UK.

its true that S Club 7 would not have worked if Jo was racist
tina is half-black and bradley is black. they were together for years
she is not a racist but i think she needs help for what she has said..

It is possible to not be racist against one race and be against another. She might have no problem with black people but with indians/pakistanies. Her excuess that her cousin married and indian so she can't be racist was just:tape: :help:

A few of my uni housemates, as much i as i like them, have no problems with black people but seem to have a grudge against asians, Some of the comments they make i find disturbing BUT i have argued with them over and over and they wont change nither will i sao i just choose to ignore it now.

suffer well
Feb 4th, 2007, 04:41 PM
The most frightening aspect of this story has not even been dealt with. Never mind the racism and bullying.

How can so many women NOT know how to cook a chicken?

Monica_Rules
Feb 4th, 2007, 04:43 PM
Lol!

tennisbuddy12
Feb 4th, 2007, 06:11 PM
has any of the members of S club 7 spoken out about his yet?

Lord Nelson
Feb 4th, 2007, 06:38 PM
By the way that girl Jade is quite a phony. She said that she won't make any money out of this and will give ALL of the 100'000 pounds that she recieved from the show to charity. It is obvious that her manager told her to say that. Nobody would be insane to give away 100'000 pounds unless they are super rich and I am willing to bet my right hand that she will keep all of the money. She also said that she would seek counseling help because she needed it yet checked out 3 days later.

Jo on the other hand truly seems to suffer and she was not as bad as Jade. Danielle is not acting as a phony like Jade. Ms. Goody seemed to think that Shilpa was a stuck up actress who had lots of money and seemed to try to get the audience on her side, i.e 'you are a normal housemate like all of us'. She seemed to forget that she too is a millionaire. Sure Shilpa was making much ado about nothing with regards to the food but Jade just lost it there.

The Daviator
Feb 4th, 2007, 06:42 PM
It was obvious watching the show that Jo would crack up once she left, she seemed quite fragile anyway, the other girls are either A. too strong, B. too stupid, C. both, to let it get to them, I know Jade is in rehab, and Danielle has left the country :tape: but Jo seems like she's in a real state, I hope this does all blow over soon, cos even the lovely Shilpa is fed up talking about it :lol:

TheBoiledEgg
Feb 4th, 2007, 07:02 PM
she says she contemplated suicide :o

cry me a river :tape:

Princess Fiona
Feb 4th, 2007, 07:05 PM
I didn't watch "CBB" during the bullying scenes. (That would have really upset me) I didn't really watch "CBB" during the time that Jade and her mum were in the show. (I am not repeat NOT a Jade Goody fan I'm afraid... ;) )

From what I saw of Jo (and I hope I don't sound like I'm excusing her bad behaviour) she seemed rather unhappy and anxious. I know she claims she was a victim of the editing, but from what I saw of her (okay, not as much as I could have seen) she was in her dressing gown, smoking and complaining...

I'm not sure that Jo was strong enough to be in that "BB" environment. I think you have to be at the top mentally to do that show - the producers will do what they can to create tension, etc, and to be filmed constantly like that with no privacy, nothing to do... I know that I could not do it. (No way!) (Again, I'm not excusing the bullying - I really hope I don't sound like I'm excusing the bullying)

I hope that Jo will learn from this and that life will start to pick up for her. :)

(Shilpa was amazing - so beautiful and dignified... I want to be like her! And Dirk Benedict! He was so handsome... *swoon* ;) )

DevilishAttitude
Feb 4th, 2007, 07:12 PM
Jo is a joke.

:lol:

I don't get why people are sympathetic towards her. They should feel sorry for the other 2, not Jo.

Jo was a bitch, who was manipulative, miserable and would make the happiest person fed up. She has absolutely no good quality about her whatsoever. She was the talented one out of S Club, and yet her lack of ambition and negativity meant she had to do BB.

We shouldn't feel sorry for her. She had her chance, she fucked it up big time. She won't get another chance.

:)

Monica_Rules
Feb 4th, 2007, 07:18 PM
^ agrees with the above

Kart
Feb 4th, 2007, 08:37 PM
How can so many women NOT know how to cook a chicken?

It wasn't that they didn't know how to cook it - they turned the grill on instead of the oven.

Equally ridiculous I concede.

As for Jo, I do feel sorry for her.

Her behaviour was unacceptable but I wouldn't want her to contemplate killing herself over it.

suffer well
Feb 4th, 2007, 09:14 PM
It wasn't that they didn't know how to cook it - they turned the grill on instead of the oven.

Equally ridiculous I concede.

As for Jo, I do feel sorry for her.

Her behaviour was unacceptable but I wouldn't want her to contemplate killing herself over it.

What!? I didnít know this. They turned on the grill instead of the oven? No wonder theyíre all single and canít find a husband and God help him when they/if do because the poor bleeder will either starve or die of food poisoning

Kart
Feb 4th, 2007, 09:53 PM
No wonder theyíre all single and canít find a husband and God help him when they/if do because the poor bleeder will either starve or die of food poisoning

Well one of those husbands might be Jack so ...

suffer well
Feb 4th, 2007, 10:02 PM
Well one of those husbands might be Jack so ...

I canít envisage him marrying that troglodyte. Obviously heís only screwing her for the easy life and hoping to get a few quid out of her when she dumps him

What baffles me is this. When Jade was a contestant on the other edition of BB she was in cohorts with another girl and they bullied another contestant who came into the show late, yet not a word

Kart
Feb 4th, 2007, 10:07 PM
The others bullied Jade pretty badly for a period though on that Big Brother though so it evened out.

suffer well
Feb 4th, 2007, 10:15 PM
The others bullied Jade pretty badly for a period though on that Big Brother though so it evened out.

"two wrongs make a right" interesting

Kart
Feb 4th, 2007, 10:21 PM
I'm not justifying it, just offering a possible explanation.

It's not as if the general public is a model of consistency.

The Daviator
Feb 4th, 2007, 10:25 PM
Jade was hated because of her bullying in BB3, there was a reason why the press went after her so much :tape: She was lucky Adele was an even bigger bitch :lol: or she would have gone midway through...

But she turned it around somehow, she didn't get away with it a second time though ;)

Monica_Rules
Feb 4th, 2007, 11:10 PM
Yeah she treated Sophie pretty badly for no reason.

ZListCelebrity
Feb 5th, 2007, 01:35 AM
I think Jo was the worst among the 3 bullying ones... and when she was evicted she didn't even say sorry... Now, having understood the seriousness of things, she says sorry. Bullshit.

By the way, without makup she's as ugly as it gets.

Kevin.
Feb 5th, 2007, 10:04 AM
i think Jo was in a state of shock and now she realizes what she has done..thinkin about this has made me watch s club 7 in miami episodes lol

jenny161185
Feb 5th, 2007, 10:09 AM
wow saw Jo's interview on Sky one shes in total meltdown she looked out of it on prescription drugs , really sad that a tv shjow can ruin someones life like that, she also seems to have some extreme paranoia saying she can t look at mirrors or helicopters!

Farina Elia Fan
Feb 5th, 2007, 10:15 AM
Yeah she treated Sophie pretty badly for no reason.

:yeah:

I was a big Sophie fan and HATED Jade - but before CBB this year - I forgot how bad she was but it brought it all back

Farina Elia Fan
Feb 5th, 2007, 10:22 AM
I feel sorry for Jo - I believe 100% she isnt racist and I can see why she doesnt consider it bullying because imo she was as hurtful and enjoying it in the same way as Jade and Danielle who loved it. I think she was laughing at the arguement not laughing at Shilpa. This doesnt mean I consider it not to be bullying but I can see why she doesnt.

And editing does change alot - I did a little TV show and saw the final version and saw little quotes taken out and not used in context so I can see where she comes from. I hope Jo can find a way to come through this becuase she is a talented girl.

btw - I am a shilpa fan :bounce:

Monica_Rules
Feb 5th, 2007, 11:23 AM
:yeah:

I was a big Sophie fan and HATED Jade - but before CBB this year - I forgot how bad she was but it brought it all back

I really liked Sophie aswell and hated jade for the bullying but hated Adele even more cos she was the biggest bitch ever. If anyone deserved to be booed it was that cow.

Lord Nelson
Feb 5th, 2007, 01:15 PM
Jade is by far the wost of the lot. Jo seems to be fine compared with her. Jade was probably angry at Shilpa because she thought hat she was acting as a diva. Yet the article below shows that she was doing the samething at rehab. She probably went there because her management advised to do it since it could help built up her tarnished image.

CELEBRITY Big Brother bruiser Jade Goody quit rehab because she was too angry for her anger management classes.

The loud-mouthed race-row star, 25, horrified other patients as she shattered the peace at the swish £800-a-night Priory clinic.

And we can reveal that during her five-day stint she argued with staff as soon as she arrived and avoided taking part in group therapy sessions.

She even had to be calmed down by doctors minutes after arriving at the private hospital in leafy Roehampton, south London.

A source said: “Jade hasn’t learned anything from her anger management programme. She is as rude as ever.”

Trained psychologist Mignon Sharie, 31, last night told how a close pal of hers, who wishes to remain anonymous, was at the hospital at the same time as the BB3 star.

Mignon, from Kent, said: “My friend was being treated at the hospital for clinical depression. Needless to say, the last thing he wanted was Jade Goody turning up.

“From the first day Jade was being antagonistic and attention-seeking. She was effing and blinding all the time.

“On her first day she had a massive tantrum in a hallway, just after she arrived.

“She was given her own en-suite room with a TV, like all the patients, but she wasn’t happy.

“He heard staff say to her: ‘You cannot behave like this. We have people here who are genuinely depressed and need peace and quiet’. But she wasn’t listening. She didn’t care.

“She just wouldn’t stop swearing and staff had to usher her to her room.

“During the altercation she pushed one member of the staff. Throughout her stay Jade behaved like a real celebrity diva.

“The patients there are meant to be treated equally and had got to know each other and become quite friendly, but Jade wanted nothing to do with the other patients.”

Mum-of-two Jade was told that she might as well leave the clinic if she wasn’t going to behave herself.

She cut short a planned eight-week stay but will go back as a day patient.

She is on anti-depressants as she tries to get back into the public’s good books after her blazing row with Bollywood babe Shilpa Shetty, 31.

Housemate Jermaine Jackson, 52, yesterday denied reports that he had described Jade and her mum as “white trash”.

He said he had just been repeating to Shilpa comments made by A-Team actor Dirk Benedict, 61.

Princess Fiona
Feb 5th, 2007, 01:40 PM
Jade also gave Rik Waller (former "Pop Idol" contestant) a hard time in the (Channel) Five reality show "Back To Reality". There are clips on YouTube, and Rik is crying on the bed as Jade lays into him... @£%!!!$ Liar!! ETC!!!!

Edward.
Feb 5th, 2007, 01:47 PM
Jade Goody is a disgusting, vile, heinous piece of pond life.

I call her the Notorious P.I.G.

suffer well
Feb 5th, 2007, 08:06 PM
I'm not justifying it, just offering a possible explanation.

It's not as if the general public is a model of consistency.

No I did not think you were trying to justify it. You strike me as quite honourable and good natured, hence your sympathy for Jo. In retrospect, I think I was taken aback to think you were condoning bullying (which you werenít)

Kevin.
Feb 5th, 2007, 10:58 PM
so has any of the S Club memebrs said anything in the British tabloids cause i live in USA so idk

The Daviator
Feb 5th, 2007, 11:04 PM
so has any of the S Club memebrs said anything in the British tabloids cause i live in USA so idk

No, no-one's said anything, S Club 7 went their separate ways years ago, so I doubt they even care...

Monica_Rules
Feb 5th, 2007, 11:19 PM
^ and with more class and wouldn't conduct herself in such a manner as the 3 witches.

Lord Nelson
Feb 5th, 2007, 11:33 PM
No sympathy whatsoever. A small victory perhaps but I hope the not particularly bright Jo and her buddies have learned their lesson.
- all because they were faced with a woman (Shilpa) who was brighter than them, more intelligent than them, more beautiful than them and CONFIDENT.

She is bright but she does not speak 10 languages as she claims. She knows a few phrases here and there in some of these languages but she should stop saying she knows 10 languages. It is closer to 4 or 5. Tulu, English, Hindi and the state language of the area she was in. The rest is just bogus. I also fail to understand how she is the Angelina Jolie of Indian movies. She probably meant to say that she is A star status. She acts in A star movies but she has secondary roles. She is is not A star like Rani Mukherjee.

Rising Sun
Feb 6th, 2007, 01:26 AM
She is bright but she does not speak 10 languages as she claims. She knows a few phrases here and there in some of these languages but she should stop saying she knows 10 languages. It is closer to 4 or 5. Tulu, English, Hindi and the state language of the area she was in. The rest is just bogus. I also fail to understand how she is the Angelina Jolie of Indian movies. She probably meant to say that she is A star status. She acts in A star movies but she has secondary roles. She is is not A star like Rani Mukherjee.
What she probably meant was that she's well known and famous, but not exactly winning awards, etc, not unlike Angelina.

skanky~skanketta
Feb 6th, 2007, 06:12 AM
maybe shoe DOES know 10 languages. how do you know she doesn't? she probably knows tamil and tamils generally are able to converse in malayalam. and at one point, she was the IT girl of bollywood, however short-lived it may have been,

skanky~skanketta
Feb 6th, 2007, 06:16 AM
and that stupid danielle!ugh!"she can't even speak english properly anyway?" bitch please!

tennisbuddy12
Feb 6th, 2007, 10:22 PM
didnt danielle sleep with a judge in Miss GBR and get her crown taken away

Kevin.
Feb 6th, 2007, 10:24 PM
didnt danielle sleep with a judge in Miss GBR and get her crown taken away?

thtrs what i heard from yahoo from sum british tabloid

Monica_Rules
Feb 6th, 2007, 11:55 PM
Yeah she slept with teddy sheringham who was untill recently her BF and he was a judge at the competition but she claims they met after the thing.

Monica_Rules
Feb 6th, 2007, 11:56 PM
and that stupid danielle!ugh!"she can't even speak english properly anyway?" bitch please!

Shilpa had better vocabulary and grammer than the 3 bitches. Every other word coming out of their mouths was f this and f that.

Kevin.
Feb 7th, 2007, 12:49 AM
lookin at Jade she needs to reduce her lips
they were overfilled

Marshmallow
Feb 7th, 2007, 12:55 AM
Jade, Danielle and Jo are sadly pretty good representations of your typical British young girl. I'm sorry to say, that there are just like most of the white females at my university. While people have argued publically, do not take them to be representations of Britain because this is a freak show - i think they are typical. The highlight the ignorance of many in the UK.

tennisbuddy12
Feb 7th, 2007, 10:22 AM
like Shilpa said "is this what todays great britain is like?"

suffer well
Feb 7th, 2007, 08:21 PM
like Shilpa said "is this what todays great britain is like?"

She then regretted making that comment

*abby*
Feb 7th, 2007, 08:24 PM
why should she regret it?
she was merely asking a question and to be honest shes not far wrong!

suffer well
Feb 7th, 2007, 08:29 PM
why should she regret it?
she was merely asking a question and to be honest shes not far wrong!

I dont know. You need to ask her :)

I agree with her. Most working class women do behave like that....Vicky Pollard hits the nail on the head

*abby*
Feb 7th, 2007, 08:34 PM
the sad thing is, they arent working class, they are "celebs".
a mate of mine got racially abused and almost attacked by a group of white young males the othe rweek in flares and that was dam scary!

suffer well
Feb 7th, 2007, 08:47 PM
the sad thing is, they arent working class, they are "celebs".
a mate of mine got racially abused and almost attacked by a group of white young males the othe rweek in flares and that was dam scary!

I do tend to think of Jo as a celebrity. After all she was the lead singer (she did all the singing, didnít she?) with a well known pop group. But Jade and Daniela, then again everyoneís a celebrity

I mean working class like myself. I still canít get by the class barriers, what are you Abby, working class, Middle class or Posh?

I was a skinhead myself in my younger days. I used to attack lots of people. Especially if they wore flairs

Monica_Rules
Feb 7th, 2007, 09:09 PM
I've actually been suprised at the lack of racial abuse my friends at uni who aren't white have had. I was expecting to have to stick up for them but i haven't had to.

It could be that most people i come into contact with are students who are in most casees educated people who know how to behave.

suffer well
Feb 7th, 2007, 09:14 PM
I've actually been suprised at the lack of racial abuse my friends at uni who aren't white have had. I was expecting to have to stick up for them but i haven't had to.

It could be that most people i come into contact with are students who are in most casees educated people who know how to behave.

No itís just they do it in a sly way. Theyíre all nice to peoples faces then talk about them behind their backs

Anyway most students are spongers. They moan and bitch about university and how costly it is. What do they spend most of their grant on? Alcohol and drugs

suffer well
Feb 7th, 2007, 09:15 PM
I forgot. They spend most of their time on internet bulletin boards too

Kevin.
Feb 7th, 2007, 11:47 PM
wow a lot of responses keep it up! :)
i think they are all celebs in their own way
and got into toruble
will find a way to get out
and maybe even use this fame to even reach high standards
(example-Kate Moss)

*abby*
Feb 7th, 2007, 11:55 PM
i dont know what i am?
working class i guess but my family is comfortable. my mum is a nurse and my dad is the manager of a job centre. they would rather spend the money they have than horde it away so i guess you make up ur mind.
im the 4th of 5 kids and so far 4 of us have been to/ are at uni. my parents scrimped and saved to put us through decent schools but were by no means posh.

*abby*
Feb 7th, 2007, 11:55 PM
oh and as a student i can happily say that i dont spend my money on drink or drugs!

suffer well
Feb 8th, 2007, 10:11 AM
i dont know what i am?
working class i guess but my family is comfortable. my mum is a nurse and my dad is the manager of a job centre. they would rather spend the money they have than horde it away so i guess you make up ur mind.
im the 4th of 5 kids and so far 4 of us have been to/ are at uni. my parents scrimped and saved to put us through decent schools but were by no means posh.

I like that. I really loathe people who horde money like some old skinflint. I always think you could never pay nurses enough

Iím not being judgemental of you. Heaven forbid I judge anyone :)

Monica_Rules
Feb 8th, 2007, 11:30 AM
I forgot. They spend most of their time on internet bulletin boards too

LOL yeah thats me.

I'm probably in the minority in uni and i'm not too bothered about tuition fees, if thats what it takes for me to get my degree then so be it. but then again my parents pay my tuition fees and my rent so its never been a problem for me.

I do have a few friends in uni who have had to work a lot of hours on top of their work in order to pay for uni and that seems to tough, i've been quite lucky really.

On the subject of class i wouldn't know where to class myself, my grandparents were proper working class, one grandad worked in a vaxhaul factory the other a shoe factory. Both my parentd were/are treachers, my dad a head of department and my mum is now and advisory teacher but they also run a pub. So what class does that come to?

And on the race thins, yeah snide commetns actually, i have 2 good friends in uni who i just can't argue with anymore about race issues cos we completley disagree and i can't be bothered telling them not to use certain language cos i'm sick and tired of having to do it so i just stay quiet.

suffer well
Feb 8th, 2007, 12:09 PM
LOL yeah thats me.

I'm probably in the minority in uni and i'm not too bothered about tuition fees, if thats what it takes for me to get my degree then so be it. but then again my parents pay my tuition fees and my rent so its never been a problem for me.

I do have a few friends in uni who have had to work a lot of hours on top of their work in order to pay for uni and that seems to tough, i've been quite lucky really.

On the subject of class i wouldn't know where to class myself, my grandparents were proper working class, one grandad worked in a vaxhaul factory the other a shoe factory. Both my parentd were/are treachers, my dad a head of department and my mum is now and advisory teacher but they also run a pub. So what class does that come to?

And on the race thins, yeah snide commetns actually, i have 2 good friends in uni who i just can't argue with anymore about race issues cos we completley disagree and i can't be bothered telling them not to use certain language cos i'm sick and tired of having to do it so i just stay quiet.

I would loved to have had the opportunity to go to university but my personal lifestyle dictated otherwise. Iím quite envious of you, well not so much envious, more wishing IĎd been dealt a better hand.(Not that Iím unhappy generally with my life. We all have our ups and downs and have to get on with it. Although where I live had a significant bearing on my life) I rarely attended school. The last year of my comprehensive education was spent painting mobile classrooms

So many of us bitch and moan about our parents yet they would sacrifice every last penny for us and then some

tennisbuddy12
Feb 9th, 2007, 01:12 AM
so has this died in Europe or is it still a controversey?

Kevin.
Feb 9th, 2007, 09:07 PM
i would like to kno the same thing
:]

The Daviator
Feb 9th, 2007, 09:09 PM
It's over now, let's move on :p

Kevin.
Feb 9th, 2007, 09:12 PM
any news on Jade and her recovery and same with Jo and Danielle

The Daviator
Feb 9th, 2007, 09:33 PM
any news on Jade and her recovery and same with Jo and Danielle

No :lol:

They're all laying low :p

Kevin.
Feb 9th, 2007, 11:10 PM
yay maybe all this stress wotn go too far, like Anna Nicole
i miss you RIP
Anna Nicole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

V-MAC
Feb 9th, 2007, 11:22 PM
I don't wish bad luck on any of them and I certainly don't tolerate Jo receiving death threats :mad: However, the punishment I would like to see for all three of them is just to have it enforced that they NEVER have successful careers as celebrities again. They can go find normal jobs.

Monica_Rules
Feb 10th, 2007, 12:26 AM
Yeah that would be justice.

Jo and her my house was gonna get repossed. Get a job like everyone else then.

Monica_Rules
Feb 10th, 2007, 12:31 AM
I would loved to have had the opportunity to go to university but my personal lifestyle dictated otherwise. Iím quite envious of you, well not so much envious, more wishing IĎd been dealt a better hand.(Not that Iím unhappy generally with my life. We all have our ups and downs and have to get on with it. Although where I live had a significant bearing on my life) I rarely attended school. The last year of my comprehensive education was spent painting mobile classrooms

So many of us bitch and moan about our parents yet they would sacrifice every last penny for us and then some

I know i've been very lucky going to uni but also that i haven't had to get money myself to do it. My parents run a pub and most of the people my age who go there haven't had the chance to go to uni or anything like that and i think they are envious of me at uni untill they hear how many essays and exams i have and think 'Yeah i sucked at them at school'

Its not just about the education its the life that comes with it and what you learn about yourself and others by moving away from friends and family. You change so much at uni, i suppose you can learn the same by getting a job far away from home.

LeRoy.
Feb 10th, 2007, 12:34 AM
so is Danielle still with Teddy like she claimed after she got out of the house or was that another one of her blatant lies :shrug:

Monica_Rules
Feb 10th, 2007, 12:39 AM
From the covers of the Mags i've seen they spilt but haven't read the whole thing so not sure.

hwanmig
Feb 10th, 2007, 05:19 AM
Disappointing behavior from Jo:mad:. And to think I have played Have You Ever like over and over everyday for years now.

Kevin.
Feb 10th, 2007, 10:46 AM
she needs to hear the single "you" from S Club its so peppy!
but Jo was a dog breeder before she came to the house i heard

Sam's Slave
Feb 10th, 2007, 01:54 PM
can't we just talk about how hot she is?

Steffica Greles
Feb 10th, 2007, 02:15 PM
What did Jo say that was racist? I must confess that I wasn't watching.

From all I've seen, she laughed when Shilpa was about to speak, and said something about the chicken being fingered. I'm probably slightly muddled on that. But that's not racist.

If all that she did was bully, then of course she should be condemned. But hang on a second, that's been going on in the BB house ever since its inception? And what's more, if we live in a country where there is freedom of speech, then surely that freedom extends to the right to be unkind to people, to be duplicitous, to 'bitch'. Of course it does, otherwise we'd all be banged up for some past transgression. I say that as somebody who has experienced more bullying than most.

I think it's just a witch hunt, this whole thing. It reflects the fact that people -- black and white -- see in Jo traits that they see in themselves, and in order to distance themselves from it, they scapegoat Jo, or Jade. Danielle was the one I particularly disliked, but even she didn't deserve to have her life ruined.

You know, the irony of all this is one of the first questions Shilpa was asked after she left BB was whether she would marry a white man. No, not would she marry somebody outside of her culture, but would she marry somebody of a different race.

Last night I was watching American Idol (I must have been bored) and Simon Cowell had just laughed at a contestant who was rubbish. She walked out and her family screamed abuse, saying Cowell should go back to France or wherever he came from, and he had no right to be in America nor judge American contestants. They were African Americans.

Now far be it from me to suggest they were racist; I think they were ignorant, rather. But those comments were effectively no different from those made by the 3 girls in the BB house. So many double standards...

:inlove:
Feb 10th, 2007, 02:35 PM
can't we just talk about how hot she is?

We could if she was.

suffer well
Feb 10th, 2007, 04:44 PM
What did Jo say that was racist? I must confess that I wasn't watching.

From all I've seen, she laughed when Shilpa was about to speak, and said something about the chicken being fingered. I'm probably slightly muddled on that. But that's not racist.

If all that she did was bully, then of course she should be condemned. But hang on a second, that's been going on in the BB house ever since its inception? And what's more, if we live in a country where there is freedom of speech, then surely that freedom extends to the right to be unkind to people, to be duplicitous, to 'bitch'. Of course it does, otherwise we'd all be banged up for some past transgression. I say that as somebody who has experienced more bullying than most.

I think it's just a witch hunt, this whole thing. It reflects the fact that people -- black and white -- see in Jo traits that they see in themselves, and in order to distance themselves from it, they scapegoat Jo, or Jade. Danielle was the one I particularly disliked, but even she didn't deserve to have her life ruined.

You know, the irony of all this is one of the first questions Shilpa was asked after she left BB was whether she would marry a white man. No, not would she marry somebody outside of her culture, but would she marry somebody of a different race.

Last night I was watching American Idol (I must have been bored) and Simon Cowell had just laughed at a contestant who was rubbish. She walked out and her family screamed abuse, saying Cowell should go back to France or wherever he came from, and he had no right to be in America nor judge American contestants. They were African Americans.

Now far be it from me to suggest they were racist; I think they were ignorant, rather. But those comments were effectively no different from those made by the 3 girls in the BB house. So many double standards...

The whole shows an orchestrated farce like this board. From the outset the makers had one winner in mind ĎJermaine Jacksoní. They wanted a black Muslim to win. Then came the whole furore with Larry, Curly and Moe, this made the show take another direction and then the plan was set in motion for Shilpa to be victorious. Even the Ďphone-iní was a set-up. They claimed there was something wrong with the telephone lines and the whole of the voting had to be scrapped.

People seem to have forgotten some things Shilpa said and done. She mocked Joís accent when Jo asked a question about a whale. Joís heavy Essex accent was difficult for her to make out but instead of asking Jo to clarify what she meant Shilpa asked other housemates, when she found out what Jo had actually said she laughed her arse off. Later that day she was still going on about it to Jermaine and mocking Joís pronunciation of the word.

Also, when asked by Cleo would she entertain the thought of dating Dirk her reply was ĎHeís not my kindí. Nothing to do with his age but the fact he was Caucasian.

The very people up in arms over the whole affair are the very same people who spend their lives telling Irish jokes (most of which are funny). And these people have taken part in bullying on this board too. There have been times when new posters have joined and I donít mean the likes of myself. I mean really genuine people who thought the place looked like fun. Only to post the wrong thing and be set upon by fanatical fan bases and little cliques....

Lord Nelson
Feb 10th, 2007, 06:48 PM
The accent thing was not racist, at least not in my eyes. But it was the 'fuck off home' that was and the mimicking the accent added to this comment and other comments makes it look bad for Shilpa. There was definetely bullying and no one can argue against that. Also I know that we Indians do not like to when people say that we eat with the hands. We eat only with the right hand in India and also in Pakistan, arab nations. It all sounds trivial but we all have to respect each others customs. Also I doubt that Shilpa said that she would not go out with Dirk becasue he is white. She said it was because he was too old. She said if he ws 35 years younger and ate chicken then she could see herself with him.

Steffica Greles
Feb 10th, 2007, 07:57 PM
The accent thing was not racist, at least not in my eyes. But it was the 'fuck off home' that was and the mimicking the accent added to this comment and other comments makes it look bad for Shilpa. There was definetely bullying and no one can argue against that. Also I know that we Indians do not like to when people say that we eat with the hands. We eat only with the right hand in India and also in Pakistan, arab nations. It all sounds trivial but we all have to respect each others customs. Also I doubt that Shilpa said that she would not go out with Dirk becasue he is white. She said it was because he was too old. She said if he ws 35 years younger and ate chicken then she could see herself with him.

I never suggested Shilpa was racist. I saw Shilpa as an obviously attractive woman, from a wealthy background, who had been schooled from childhood in etiquette, manners and for educational success. She was acutely aware of how to conduct herself. As far as I could see, and I only watched sporadically, she seemed a magnaminous, likeable person, although of course, filmed 24/7 by cameras, it behoved her to behave in such a way, just as the more obtuse Jade should have realised.

But it was a journalist who asked her that question: "Would you marry a white man?". I'm not sure whether it was an Indian journalist or British, but I was merely commenting on the irony that such an overtly racially loaded question could escape people's notice while Jade was being pilloried for calling somebody a pappadom.

As for Indians being touchy about people commenting on their food and their customs, as a British person I can tell you that more people, certainly around Europe, lambast the food of Britain than of any other nation. They also stereotype the British as being fat because we eat too much junk. I know this having met many continental Europeans, having even lived with some.

Now that doesn't bother me. Whether it's true or not, people are entitled to their opinions.

What Jo said about Indians being skinny because of how they cook their chicken, implying food poisoning, was not something I would have said. But is it really that terrible a remark to make?

Will she go down in the annals of time with the likes of Hitler?

Steffica Greles
Feb 10th, 2007, 08:14 PM
The very people up in arms over the whole affair are the very same people who spend their lives telling Irish jokes (most of which are funny). And these people have taken part in bullying on this board too. There have been times when new posters have joined and I don’t mean the likes of myself. I mean really genuine people who thought the place looked like fun. Only to post the wrong thing and be set upon by fanatical fan bases and little cliques....

Oh the whole thing wreaks of hypocrisy and posturing for political gain.

The greatest irony is that it is The Sun, that most despicable, noxious, biggoted tabloid, which spews distorted facts about immigrants, with racist slogans, harrasses homosexuals and the mentally ill, uses jingoistic anti-German rhetoric and objectifies women on page 3, which has championed the anti-racist cause by demonising Jade, Jo and Danielle.

Not one of our politicians has touched upon this discrepancy because firstly, they need the support of Rupert Murdoch, and secondly because they are afraid of being seen to be defending racism as it has been constructed by The Sun itself.

suffer well
Feb 11th, 2007, 10:21 AM
Oh the whole thing wreaks of hypocrisy and posturing for political gain.

The greatest irony is that it is The Sun, that most despicable, noxious, biggoted tabloid, which spews distorted facts about immigrants, with racist slogans, harrasses homosexuals and the mentally ill, uses jingoistic anti-German rhetoric and objectifies women on page 3, which has championed the anti-racist cause by demonising Jade, Jo and Danielle.

Not one of our politicians has touched upon this discrepancy because firstly, they need the support of Rupert Murdoch, and secondly because they are afraid of being seen to be defending racism as it has been constructed by The Sun itself.

I was right with you there until you starting knocking page 3....

suffer well
Feb 11th, 2007, 10:24 AM

Well last night I sat through the whole show again....I tape it from start to finish just incase I miss anything first time around...anyhoo, Shilpa did say 'He's not my kind' as in being Indian. Now Im fine with that...dont bother me a jot. As for eating with your hands I see nothing wrong in this. ting 'Fish & Chips' with a knife and fork just isn't right....

Farina Elia Fan
Feb 13th, 2007, 04:11 PM
anyone seen the cover of the star today

apparently Jo is on suicide watch :sad:

tennisbuddy12
Feb 13th, 2007, 07:52 PM
i wouldnt be surprised if she was on suicidal watch

Farina Elia Fan
Feb 14th, 2007, 07:46 PM
i wouldnt be surprised if she was on suicidal watch

she isnt eating apparently

suffer well
Feb 14th, 2007, 07:58 PM
she isnt eating apparently

Maybe it's chicken....

Kevin.
Jun 7th, 2007, 03:42 PM
anybody know what she is up to now?

Avid Merrion
Jun 7th, 2007, 03:49 PM
anybody know what she is up to now?

praising the Lord that Emily arrived on BB8 i'd imagine.... ;)

Monica_Rules
Jun 7th, 2007, 07:21 PM
Yeah i'm sure she is, stupid bitch.

V-MAC
Jun 7th, 2007, 07:23 PM
She might give Emily a shoulder to cry on :o

DevilishAttitude
Jun 7th, 2007, 07:26 PM
She might give Emily a shoulder to cry on :o

I'm sure Emily wouldn't lower herself to such standards! :o

Anyways, she's now gone asian as Nicky, who like Jo, hates everyone, constantly as a sour look on her face, shit attitude, and just smokes all day!

:p