PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe how much Ana improved in 1 week!!!

ezekiel
Feb 3rd, 2007, 04:53 PM
or was it always there and is this the same girl that got blown out by Zvanareva ?

I just saw highlights and she was playing absolutelly sensational tennis with a sort of a controlled aggression that shows a great talent and she blowing Pova's balls back with authority, purpose and precision. Pova couldn't help it and it's too bad she decided to quit.

Most of all I am delighted how much she improved her serve and movement . I realize it's just one tourney and I am mindful of Montreal and aftermath but I love her potential again, I can't help it :help: .

Hingis will have it tough tomorrow but please Ana don't go into another funk after and maybe she should steer away from coaches for now :tape:

©@®eLess
Feb 3rd, 2007, 05:14 PM
i guess she just doesnt feel pressure now. She's more relaxed. She still has her fitness coach with her, but i guess Taylor was trying to make new Molik out of her, and she was fed up with that and didnt feel comfortable. Whatever she does tomorrow she's been great this week. She proved it by defeating Jelena in 3 sets, so there's no way Jelena could be playing badly.

jazar
Feb 3rd, 2007, 05:14 PM
having no coach is doing her good

Diam's
Feb 3rd, 2007, 05:17 PM
so she doesn't need to lose weight anymore ? :o

Berlin_Calling
Feb 3rd, 2007, 05:26 PM
the question is can she keep it up NEXT week?? i think thats been the story of Ana's career thus far...

Derek.
Feb 3rd, 2007, 05:30 PM
the question is can she keep it up NEXT week?? i think thats been the story of Ana's career thus far...

Exactly.

All of her fans were saying she'll make the semis of the USO, but she lost to Serena pretty tamely in the 3R. :o

She's beaten a tired Jankovic and an injured Sharapova.

I think we need to wait a bit and see. ;)

Monica_Rules
Feb 3rd, 2007, 05:32 PM
Abd i supose if she beats Hingis its another easy win like when she won the canadian open:rolleyes:

Derek.
Feb 3rd, 2007, 05:32 PM
And she hasn't really improved.

She's just up and down. :shrug:

dybbuk
Feb 3rd, 2007, 05:34 PM
of course. if Ana beats Martina we will have to hear how she only won it because Jankovic was tired and Maria injured.

Simplicity.
Feb 3rd, 2007, 06:15 PM
Exactly.

All of her fans were saying she'll make the semis of the USO, but she lost to Serena pretty tamely in the 3R. :o

She's beaten a tired Jankovic and an injured Sharapova.

I think we need to wait a bit and see. ;)

Jankovic made it one round further in the Australian Open..why is she tired and Ana not? Do you really think that tennis players have that poor conditioning?

starin
Feb 3rd, 2007, 06:16 PM
does anybody have highlighst for this match?

Natalicious
her win over jelena gave her a lot of confidence :)

Dexter
:yawn:

Useless thread, really.

Lulu.
She really hasnt improved at all. She barely survived Jankovic and then got lucky because Sharapova had to retire

Simplicity.
Feb 3rd, 2007, 06:17 PM
Yup..wining the first set like that was completely luck..

Dexter
Feb 3rd, 2007, 06:18 PM
She really hasnt improved at all. She barely survived Jankovic and then got lucky because Sharapova had to retire6-2 in the 3rd is barely? :spit: It's not like it was 76(10) in the 3rd! :rolleyes:

Lulu.
Feb 3rd, 2007, 06:19 PM

Sure was. Sharapova obviously was not playing well if she were she would have swept her aside easily

Dexter
Feb 3rd, 2007, 06:19 PM
yes. exactly... you should have know before better!

:o

ezekiel
Feb 3rd, 2007, 06:25 PM
Sure was. Sharapova obviously was not playing well if she were she would have swept her aside easily
Poor Pova couldn't do anything but look around and cry wolf :devil: :wavey: Just watch
http://www.anaivanovic.com/media/movies/07TPPOAnaShaSF.avi

ezekiel
Feb 3rd, 2007, 06:34 PM
:yawn:

Useless thread, really.

will you every forgive me for being tough on her :lol:

Bruno71
Feb 3rd, 2007, 06:47 PM
Wow those highlights! Looked like Serena out there...passing shots, great disguise, changing direction, angles, GOOD DEFENSE, and...hitting as hard as I've seen anyone hit. Great stuff Ana! If she can only consistently play like this she'll be top 10 in no time.

Derek.
Feb 3rd, 2007, 06:48 PM
Maria was obviously struggling with her injury, but Ana did play well.

She wouldn't lose a 1-6 set to Ana 100% healthy unless she just couldn't get a ball in the court. :o

Lulu.
Feb 3rd, 2007, 06:52 PM
Poor Pova couldn't do anything but look around and cry wolf :devil: :wavey: Just watch
http://www.anaivanovic.com/media/movies/07TPPOAnaShaSF.avi

Shrapova was clearly not playing well because of her injury. Ana didnt have to do much to win

LudwigDvorak
Feb 3rd, 2007, 06:52 PM
I think everyone's forgetting the most important thing: She made the final. She has defeated four quality players, including two top ten players and the world #1. Does it matter how she did it? No. Only the score matters. Nothing subjective about it. She deserved it. If this tournament is a "fluke," unless another "fluke" comes around, then her results will show it. But it's a "fluke" she will gladly take and I will gladly take.

She beat four good players. If Jankovic was tired, her fault. If Sharapova was here and has been in awful form, her fault. Ivanovic took advantage and so would you.

PLP
Feb 3rd, 2007, 06:58 PM
Ana is just so talented, I guess as a fan it's frustrating that she can't always show her best tennis, but who can?

This week has basically been Montreal all over again, but w/o a coach. If she can find this kind of form in a GS, she will be very tough to beat.

Interesting that both Ana and Martina are w/o coaches, I wonder who they will call on to court during the final?

auntie janie
Feb 3rd, 2007, 07:02 PM
Ana is just so talented, I guess as a fan it's frustrating that she can't always show her best tennis, but who can?

This week has basically been Montreal all over again, but w/o a coach. If she can find this kind of form in a GS, she will be very tough to beat.

Interesting that both Ana and Martina are w/o coaches, I wonder who they will call on to court during the final?

Maybe they'll call on some random fan the stands. :cool:

Natash.
Feb 3rd, 2007, 07:11 PM
From watching the highlights, sure Maria didn't look like she felt well but still, Ana played very well. Those shots and that control were just :drool:

Does anyone have the match statistics like aces/UFs/winners/etc?

Joana
Feb 3rd, 2007, 07:15 PM
Shrapova was clearly not playing well because of her injury. Ana didnt have to do much to win

Yeah, yeah, I'm sure you were singing a different tune last week.

Anyway, one tournament doesn't mean much for Ana, like we've already seen. We can talk about improvement if she keeps it in the following weeks.

Bruno71
Feb 3rd, 2007, 07:20 PM
Maria said that she couldn't continue a match with that injury against a top player. She wasn't that injured...she was getting her ass handed to her.

empressionist
Feb 3rd, 2007, 07:28 PM
then again, what about serena's win over maria in Australia?
obviously maria is not in good form lately, but she was kicked by serena as well as ana today. but everyone is saying serena did a great job, but ana was just lucky... i can always say that serena has had one of the easiset draws that we've seen lately, plus had to play an injured (or "out of form") maria sharapova in the final. what if it was henin in that final instead of maria? i'm sure serena would have lost easily, but my point is: Serena did win the AO, and regardless of the draw and everything else she DID win it. so did ana today. plus ana played a really great first set from the very beginning, and she couldn't know from the beginning that maria was injured...
it's all just a point of view, and in tennis a luck is a very importnat factor (what if seles never got stabbed? would graf have won so many grand slams? who knows...)

selyoink
Feb 3rd, 2007, 08:55 PM
I wouldn't say one week is a definitive sign of improvement.

sweetpeas
Feb 3rd, 2007, 09:00 PM

No.............ANA play her tail off.Luck had nothing to do with this!Ana can to play.So she did?Win!!!! nice win MS.ANA

UncleZeke
Feb 3rd, 2007, 09:08 PM
A good week by any standards, making Finals of a Tier 1 event. Let's see the Martina match, then we can make a more accurate judgement of the week's improvements.

©@®eLess
Feb 3rd, 2007, 09:19 PM
then again, what about serena's win over maria in Australia?
obviously maria is not in good form lately, but she was kicked by serena as well as ana today. but everyone is saying serena did a great job, but ana was just lucky... i can always say that serena has had one of the easiset draws that we've seen lately, plus had to play an injured (or "out of form") maria sharapova in the final. what if it was henin in that final instead of maria? i'm sure serena would have lost easily, but my point is: Serena did win the AO, and regardless of the draw and everything else she DID win it. so did ana today. plus ana played a really great first set from the very beginning, and she couldn't know from the beginning that maria was injured...
it's all just a point of view, and in tennis a luck is a very importnat factor (what if seles never got stabbed? would graf have won so many grand slams? who knows...)

Santangelo, Petrova, Jankovic, Peer and Vaidisova...easy? come on? Give Serena a true credit. As for Ana....as long as she is winning matches and reaching finals....i dont ask for much really :devil:

eck
Feb 3rd, 2007, 09:25 PM

The umpire. :devil:
"Oi umpire, come here! I need to discuss tactics"
"Bitch! It's my turn!"
"I will sit on you!"

:tape:

MakarovaFan
Feb 3rd, 2007, 11:13 PM
Jankovic made it one round further in the Australian Open..why is she tired and Ana not? Do you really think that tennis players have that poor conditioning?

Did you miss the first two weeks of the year? Well guess u did but Jankovic WON Auckland AND got to the Final of Sydeny losing in a thriller to Kim....she s played like 16 mathces in 4 TOURNAMENTS

new-york
Feb 3rd, 2007, 11:25 PM
she hasn't improved. she played well.

she'd have improved if she plays well a lot of weeks in a row.