PDA

View Full Version : Bitches being bitches!

DevilishAttitude
Feb 3rd, 2007, 02:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3uY3wesJmQ&mode=related&search=

Short, but funny clip.

And OUCH at Serena's last sentence!

;)

sfselesfan
Feb 3rd, 2007, 02:29 PM
Note: that was the year Martina called Amelie "half a man" and also the same year she threw some beads of Venus' at a press conference and said "this is all that's let of Venus." It was also the year that she had the meltdown v. Graf at roland Garros. The comments should be taken in that context. It also made her beatdown by Serena in the final all the more interesting.

SF

davidmario
Feb 3rd, 2007, 02:33 PM
Note: that was the year Martina called Amelie "half a man" and also the same year she threw some beads of Venus' at a press conference and said "this is all that's let of Venus." It was also the year that she had the meltdown v. Graf at roland Garros. The comments should be taken in that context. It also made her beatdown by Serena in the final all the more interesting.

SF

yeah. she's not talking like that anymore today, because she's not able to beat the topplayers on a consistent base anymore.

such a poor woman:lol:

sfselesfan
Feb 3rd, 2007, 02:41 PM
Personally, I like her a lot better now that she doesn't talk shit anymore. She was an obnoxious baby circa mid 1998-2001. I'll never get over her refusing to play doubles with Navratilova (her namesake) because Navratilova was "too old" to win. She also said Steffi was "too old" to win another slam...right before Roland Garros 1999. :tape:

Now she's grown up and seems much more sophisticated and humble. I prefer new Martina to old Martina.

SF

Viktymise
Feb 3rd, 2007, 02:42 PM
:haha: at least Martina seems alot more mature now

pooh14
Feb 3rd, 2007, 03:51 PM
in all fairness, both hingis, serena and venus were exhanging words....they were the 'brats' which made tennis a little exciting :p

anyway, all 3 of them have grown up. you rarely hear them talking at each other anymore like that. in fact they do support each other at times, i remember serena giving words of encouragement when hingis return last year.
i also remember martina praising serena's game, saying that serena has more then just power.

however the sad part is their fans havent grown up yet. please guys, why bring back things which is 7-8 years old?

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 3rd, 2007, 04:17 PM

SF

What a bitch...damn! :haha:

RenaSlam.
Feb 3rd, 2007, 04:33 PM
She doesn't have a big mouth anymore...wonder why?

The Daviator
Feb 3rd, 2007, 04:54 PM
Serena's end line always kills me :haha: :worship:

sfselesfan
Feb 3rd, 2007, 05:00 PM
Serena's end line always kills me :haha: :worship:

To put that last line into context, Hingis had said something along the lines of...they might be able to win a slam if they didn't spend so much time in school.

There was a school of thought at the time that Venus and Serena should drop out of school and play tennis full time...but their parents didn't want them too. Hingis commented on it...as she did most things. In defense of Hingis, the press generally prompted her into making most of her outrageous statements and she was young, #1, and fell for it.

SF

MistyGrey
Feb 3rd, 2007, 05:07 PM
Martina refused to play double with Novotna and not Navratilova. She felt Novotna was too old and too slow to win. and she didnt exactly say "thats all that is left of Venus", she just brought the beads to the PC and said something like "look what I found"

but yea I agree... Martina was such a bitch! :p

TomTennis
Feb 3rd, 2007, 05:48 PM
The drama and personalities :worship:

Mina Vagante
Feb 3rd, 2007, 05:49 PM
this is the reason why i dont like hingis she says innapropaite comments about other players. glad serena beat her.

CooCooCachoo
Feb 3rd, 2007, 06:13 PM
OMG Serena :haha:

I :hearts: Martina, but that comment from Serena was very funny.

Nico_E
Feb 3rd, 2007, 06:27 PM
Hingis has always been a stuck up pretentious brat... with an arrogant and fake smile...
not that we see much of it thesedays when she is being smacked by the bigger and better players :D

the tears were not far away in that AO press room last week when a out of form Clijsters still beat her.

schorsch
Feb 3rd, 2007, 06:36 PM
serena's the real ****** though. martina was just a bit weird during that year. ahahahahahah

Kim's_fan_4ever
Feb 3rd, 2007, 06:38 PM
:haha:

serena_anna
Feb 3rd, 2007, 08:01 PM
:lol: good jub serena!
martina has such a bigg mouth:lol: ....:P

MikeJones
Feb 3rd, 2007, 09:25 PM
Serena was much more bitchy imo. Martina just responded to something a reporter told her Serena said about her. She said "well they always talk". Whats wrong with that? She was right!!! :(

Serena saying Martina doesnt have a formal education??? How many players on tour HAD a formal education? And by formal, I mean going to school? Im sure Martina is every bit as educated as Serena. Serena just reaching for drama AS USUAL! :rolleyes:

harloo
Feb 3rd, 2007, 09:43 PM
I remember this whole controversy and drama, it made following the tour so fun. Martina vs. The Sisters was a classic.:lol:

PatrickRyan
Feb 3rd, 2007, 09:46 PM
Serena was much more bitchy imo. Martina just responded to something a reporter told her Serena said about her. She said "well they always talk". Whats wrong with that? She was right!!! :(

Serena saying Martina doesnt have a formal education??? How many players on tour HAD a formal education? And by formal, I mean going to school? Im sure Martina is every bit as educated as Serena. Serena just reaching for drama AS USUAL! :rolleyes:

yeah like martina was the one who called mauresmo a man! And she shouldn't open up her mouth about other players, she wasn't forced to answer the question, and what did you expect serena to say after matina was talkin her shit? Anyways Serena owned her :lol: i wish there was drama like this still on the wta tour, things would be more interesting.

trufanjay
Feb 3rd, 2007, 09:46 PM
Yeah. But Martina has been humbled by a few beatdowns here and there since then.

Polikarpov
Feb 4th, 2007, 03:31 AM
Those days, rivalries are not just on courts.

Maybe Hingis' bitchy statements were due to English not being her first language.

selesfan1
Feb 4th, 2007, 03:50 AM
I am surprised some people still get upset and riled up at these comments. Hingis, Kournikova, Lucic, the Williams, Novotna, Sanchez-Vicario, Schnyder pretty much every player has said unflattering things about other players.

KYLIE
Feb 4th, 2007, 04:01 AM
Hingis has always been a stuck up pretentious brat... with an arrogant and fake smile...
not that we see much of it thesedays when she is being smacked by the bigger and better players :D

the tears were not far away in that AO press room last week when a out of form Clijsters still beat her.

dont be such a bitch:kiss:

-VSR-
Feb 4th, 2007, 04:15 AM
Hmmm... I miss days when tennis was about the drama. It added a little something. :shrug: :lol:

DOUBLEFIST
Feb 4th, 2007, 04:26 AM
Nice senses of history in here.

Yeah, those days were crazy. :lol: :lol:

I have a very sneaking suspicion that were going to get some more of that. If Hingy keeps rising, Serena keeps winning and Vee returns, sprinkle in a little unsportsman-like behavior from Justine and rude comments from her coach, bake until crisp and walla!! Controversy Pie!!

Hingis hasn't talked crapped cause she had been humbled. That's going to change. I wonder if she'll try to strike another deal with the top players like she did with Davey to keep Vee and Serena down. That was hysterical. I couldn't believe Davey threw in with Hingy!:rolleyes: That was the beginning of the end for them both. And then- as I recall- Hingy sort of back-stabbed Davey. :lol: Man, it was crazy. Then J-Cap got into the mix. :haha: Crazy!

serenafan08
Feb 4th, 2007, 04:49 AM
:haha: THAT'S funny.

franny
Feb 4th, 2007, 06:21 AM

Please, Clijsters was in form until Hingis took her out of it. In fact, Hingis taking away Clijster's rythm was prolly the reason Clijsters lost the semis. You can't be out of form when you've won like the first 12 matches of your season.

franny
Feb 4th, 2007, 06:24 AM
Nice senses of history in here.

Yeah, those days were crazy. :lol: :lol:

I have a very sneaking suspicion that were going to get some more of that. If Hingy keeps rising, Serena keeps winning and Vee returns, sprinkle in a little unsportsman-like behavior from Justine and rude comments from her coach, bake until crisp and walla!! Controversy Pie!!

Hingis hasn't talked crapped cause she had been humbled. That's going to change. I wonder if she'll try to strike another deal with the top players like she did with Davey to keep Vee and Serena down. That was hysterical. I couldn't believe Davey threw in with Hingy!:rolleyes: That was the beginning of the end for them both. And then- as I recall- Hingy sort of back-stabbed Davey. :lol: Man, it was crazy. Then J-Cap got into the mix. :haha: Crazy!

Lol, wtf are you talking about? When did Martina backstab Davy? It always amazes me how people say how bad it was that Hingis and Davenport "teamed up" with each other. Yea, because Venus and Serena didn't "team up" with each other. You don't think they tell each other strategies on how to beat opponents, or that they encourage each other to beat Lindsay and Martina, or that they don't hope the other win? Yea, they do. And yet it's okay for them because they are sisters and not okay for Martina and Lindsay cuz they were just friends. Lol.

No.1Hingis
Feb 4th, 2007, 06:35 AM
We love those girls cause personalities.. and cause they are 2 of 4 winner the last biggest tournament at moment.. AND cause you never.. NEVER can count a champ out of contest.. and those girls speak what they want cause they already paid for that right cause they are legends .. hello.. what they did in the past is now into the women tennis chapters.. so what they did say.. hehehe, was part of the show.. now they are giving us just the oportunity to keep enjoying her magic.. I cant complain abt what happened in the past.. cause that past let us .. a side words.. great champs .. Im just glad to watch those girls playing.. period..

thomas.chung
Feb 4th, 2007, 06:39 AM
LOL! I am just watching a clip of Tina Turner and Elton John singing "The Bitch is Back"

the lyrics match Serena's performance sooo much!

I was justified when I was five
Raising cane, I spit in your eye
Times are changing, now the poor get fat
But the fevers gonna catch you when the bitch gets back

Eat meat on friday thats alright
Even like steak on a saturday night
I can bitch the best at your social dos
I get high in the evening sniffing pots of glue

Im a bitch, Im a bitch
Oh the bitch is back
Stone cold sober as a matter of fact
I can bitch, I can bitch
`cause Im better than you
Its the way that I move
The things that I do

I entertain by picking brains
Sell my soul by dropping names
I dont like those, my god, whats that
Oh its full of nasty habits when the bitch gets back

here is the link to the youtube clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuXk0Qm5Nx4&mode=related&search=

No.1Hingis
Feb 4th, 2007, 06:42 AM
Even.. welcome back bitches girls!!! :p .. the women tennis missed your victories.. keep it up girls.. even we love watch you on court!! THATS WHAT REALLY COUNTS!!

PLP
Feb 4th, 2007, 07:04 AM
I am pleased that many of us have bridged the gap and support both camps...:angel:

On a slightly related note, I had a dream last night that Martina/Serena played an exho in Denver, and it was awesome! :hearts:

miss_molik
Feb 4th, 2007, 07:18 AM
haha

hingis-seles
Feb 4th, 2007, 07:40 AM
Okay I'll clarfiy once and for all for those of you who weren't fans back then, what really happened, since this thread is full of fabricated nonsense.

1. The Venus bead incident was in 1997, not 1999. Martina said Steffi's time had passed in 1997 not 1999.

2. At the San Diego event in 1999, Venus and Martina were going to play the final. It was Hingis' first tour event back since the RG-Wimbledon meltdown/summer from hell. Before the match, Richard told Fox that all Venus had to do to win was show up. Hingis won the match 6-4, 6-0. That set the groundwork for the fireworks that would ensue at the US Open.

3. When the US Open draw came out, Venus and Serena were in opposite halves of the draw. Richard told the press that it would be an all-Williams final. The rankings at the time were: 1. Hingis, 2. Davenport, 3. Venus, with Serena towards the lower end of the Top 10. Hingis, who was ranked #1 at the time took it as a personal insult and pointed out how for all their (Venus, Serena and Richard had always said they would be #1 and #2 and dominate the game) talk, she was the one with 5 Slams and the #1 ranking not them. She also mentioned how they have a big mouth and they always talk a lot (which is what you see in that videoclip). Serena responded that Hingis' comments come from a lack of formal education, to which Martina replied that she can speak 5 languages so she isn't that stupid. The WTA cooked up a publicity stunt where Martina gave Richard an autographed T-Shirt and he put his arm around her and they posed for pictures. The WTA was mortified at what was happening and they hushed it down. Serena and Martina met in the lockerroom and resolved it by blaming the press for blowing it out of proportion.

4. After beating Venus in the semifinals, Hingis said, "I didn't want Williams-Williams to happen."

DOUBLEFIST
Feb 4th, 2007, 08:31 AM
Yep. And then Serena tapped that azz! :lol:

David Barker
Feb 4th, 2007, 08:43 AM
Personally, I like her a lot better now that she doesn't talk shit anymore. She was an obnoxious baby circa mid 1998-2001. I'll never get over her refusing to play doubles with Navratilova (her namesake) because Navratilova was "too old" to win. She also said Steffi was "too old" to win another slam...right before Roland Garros 1999. :tape:

Now she's grown up and seems much more sophisticated and humble. I prefer new Martina to old Martina.

SF

Well said!

samn
Feb 4th, 2007, 09:09 AM
So Hingis behaved like an obnoxious brat when she was a teenager. Big deal! How many of us can claim to have never said or done anything foolish when we were teenagers? Hingis and the Williams sisters have all matured since their days as mouthy, arrogant teens, and isn't it about time people stopped dredging up stuff that they have put behind them and moved on from?

dinhd82
Feb 4th, 2007, 10:17 AM
Obviously some ppl have their facts mixed up. Bunch of stubborn/ignorant haters!!!! How about we all use what you did/said when you were a teenager and judge you on it now and forever? Idiots!!